Change icon in Office 2008

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Til the release prior to sp2 I used to change the app icons
with those that came in the 2004 version using the Get Info pane.
After sp2 this no longer works.
Not even changing the icons that you find in the packages of each app.
Any thoughts?

PS this was already ask, but no solution was given
 <http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Office/3822>
0
mctop (4)

On 8/1/09 4:34 PM, in article 59b796f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mctop@officeformac.com" <mctop@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Til the release prior to sp2 I used to change the app icons
> with those that came in the 2004 version using the Get Info pane.
> After sp2 this no longer works.
> Not even changing the icons that you find in the packages of each app.
> Any thoughts?

Worked for me using a generic icon. Not sure if Office 2004 works or not.
Did you check to see if Get Info window was locked?

--
Diane

In the Get Info pane the contents couldn't be locked because
this option was dimmed and not available.
Hence that was the clue: permissions and ownership.
Not dealing everyday with the Terminal I decide to create a new folder,
move the contents of Office 2008 to it and
apply permission to enclosed items from the Get Info pane.

Before
drwxrwxr-x@ 16 root admin 544 Jul 21 22:06 Microsoft Office 2008
After
drwxrwxr-x@ 15 me admin 510 Aug 2 14:19 Microsoft Office 2008

Of course, from the CLI you could make the same change
recursively to the original directory.
0
mctop (4)
8/2/2009 1:04:37 PM
....and yes, now I can change the horrible new icons with the old ones.
0
mctop (4)
8/2/2009 1:08:52 PM
On 8/2/09 6:08 AM, in article 59b796f8.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"mctop@officeformac.com" <mctop@officeformac.com> wrote:

> ...and yes, now I can change the horrible new icons with the old ones.

They are washed out in comparison. I hope the next go round gives us better
icons. The pukey purple has not been a huge hit. :-)

--
Diane

Mac Office 2008
I put the CD into my laptop and double clicked the installer. Right away, I was prompted to enter a "key code". It would not accept it. For one thing I had 21 characters and 25 characters are expected. In addition, the system was adding hyphens between the numbers as I typed, placement of the hyphens did not match the code printed on the outside of the box! Anyone else have this issue and find a solution? Thank you! LindaC9 Hi Linda - Make sure you're entering one of the 3 keys from the stickers on the back of the disk sleeve, not the number on the outer packaging. -- HTH |:...

Windows SBS 2008 VPN Issue
Hi Group I have a Issue in SBS 2008. I have installed SBS 2008 and server is in factory .But I can not make multiple connections from branch office I can create only one VPN connection So please help me with this problem. Regards Atul sood Hi Atul: In general, VPN connection with the SBS as the endpoint are not very usful and can restrict the bandwidth by fragmenting the usable upload speed which is generally not all that great to start. The best suggestions I can give you are to either use hardware appliances at each end to create the VPN, and, or to use RWW to land...

microsoft office 2000
I have been trying to install office 2000 on a XP machine and have been running into trouble. I install the software, and then when the computer is shutdown, next time it is started back up, office is gone, it just disappears. Most of the files for office are gone and all the programs are gone. I have also been having this problem with Microsoft publisher 2000. Where I will install it, and then next time I start the computer it will be gone. Anyone have any idea? Is this a legitimate issue of Office? Do you have a Beta Office application on your computer? Are you installing the program a...

auto-signature changes format on reply
What causes an autosignature to change format on replies? I have one user who is using Outlook 2000. When he replies to email, his auto-signature changes from single spacing to double spacing and loses some of its formatting. I tried creating a new auto-signature using word as his email editor, but the signature still changes on replies. Any suggestions or fixes? Thanks! Joann ...

Can't change authentication methods on HTTP Virtual Server
Trying to change Authentication Methods for Exchange properties in my HTTP Virtual Server and it is grayed out. I read a document explaining not to use IIS console to do this. Well, I can't do it from here. I am not sure if this is some kind of a security setting. I am logged in as Administrator. Help is greatly appreciated Are you trying to do this from Exchange System Manager, Server, Protocols, HTTP, Exchange Virtual Server? If so, you are correct, you should not make changes through here. You want to change it throuhg IIS. Go to Start, Program Files, Administrative Tools, Interne...

MS Office-Font Corruption Message??!!!
All of the sudden, the entire MS Office suite is yielding a "The font [name] is corrupt and should be removed." It goes through my entire library of fonts (1200+) and gives a message for each font, alphabetically. Anyone experience this? I've tried trashing the office font cache file - no luck. Mac OS X - 10.4.8 Using Linotype Font Explorer X for font management iMac 24" intel core duo HELP!!!! See if any of the suggestions mentioned on this page are helpful: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html> On 20/3/07 6:06, in article 1174367217.587258.12483...

Date changes in data
I have a spreadsheet that has a date column which is required. The spreadsheet is then uploaded for a conversion into another software product we use. This date column is only for the year. When we enter the date such as 2010 and format the column as custom, yyyy, it will change the date to 1905. We have tried changing the format to text, general, all with the same outcome. Any suggestions? Thanks, Barb 2010 is not a date. Excel treats it as the serial number for the date of July 02, 1905 which is 2009 days after 1/1/1900 Why not just leave 2010 as is with no formatting?...

change datasource before render report
I use SSRS on SQL Server 2008 to create reports from a report template and insert this into a word document. All datasources, reports and template are stored on reportserver. On reportserver I can change datasource of report and report template. Now I want do this in Word. I choose a report and then a datasource. Now I want get this report with choosed datasource. In this case I call webservice ReportExecution2005.asmx functions like this: Warning[] warnings; wsReportExecution2005.LoadReport2(reportName, null); switch (reportas.ToLower()) {...

Moving Office 2007 settings from an XP machine to a Windows 7 ma
Recently built a new machine, and want to move settings (including customizations and outlook rules, mailboxes and accounts) to the new machine. As noted in the title, the old machine is an XP Pro box, the new machine is running Windows 7. I’d rather not move macros and add-ins all at once (something is causing a problem and I’d like to install one at a time), but the Outlook set up and little tweaks (e.g., customization changes, style sets) will be a PITA to redo manually. I found a dizzying array of answers via Google, but none seemed to apply. Wasn’t there a built-in too...

Cannot make any changs on server
Every time I try and make a change, or publish something on my test server, I receive this error message "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator" I have set the web config file to give more details on errors, but it does not give anything more than this for the error. I cannot find any problems in the event logs of the servers. I have even restarted the, to no avail. Does anyone know what could suddently cause this problem? Hi Saira, In the web.config, did you change <add key="DevErrors" value="Off" /> from &...

How do I change the action of button in Access 2007 contact list?
I need to change the email address manually when I click the "send email" button to create new email directly from Contact List of Access 2007 as the default email address is including the receiver name (name + emal address was recognized as wrong email address by Windows Live Mail). How to change the default setting of Access 2007? -- THANKS & BEST REGARDS, Nguyen Tung Director of Sales and Marketing --------------------------------------- THIENTHAONGUYEN TRANSPORTATION CO., No181 Dai Tu Str,Hoang Mai Dist,Hanoi,Vietnam Tel :(84.4) 36410 577 - 107 /...

changeing the time CRM sends emails
Hello I have set up various workflow rules that send an email reminder for us a couple of weeks before a contract expires. Is there a way to set the time that these email reminders are sent? At the moment they are coming through at 00.00 which is a pain if you have a blackberry by the bed and they do not get actioned staright away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks ...

Windows 2008 compatability
We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 2008 from Windows 2003. They are currently running GP 8.0. Is Windows 2008 compatable with that version of GP? The question is more, is GP 8 compatible with Windows 2008 and the answer is no. However, if you like the new brave world we live in, you can run GP 8.0 in Windows 2003 R2 compatibility mode while on Windows 2008. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Susa...

How to change word back to normal from a simplyfied version?

VC++6 Default EXE app Icon change
Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. Remember to change the icon for both 16x16 and 32x32 pixels. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse news:eu6NJIVmDHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > > Who haven't used VC++ 6 doesn't know what pain and anti-usability words > mean. I'm trying to change default icon for my EXE app and failed. > > My question is: how can i change icon?? I tried right clicking it...

Exchange 5.5 Service Account Password Change
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that someone used the Administrator Account and Exchange Service Accounts for permissions. When I attempt to make a change to the Domain Admin account the Outlook users cannot login any longer to Outlook. That being said I have also made the necessary changes to all the Exchange services as far as the new password for the administrator and I have also changed the password at the configuration level in Exchange. I cannot find where else that Admin account is bein used to make the neccessary changes. Suggestions ???? Hi, Try this article http://www.m...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

how to track changes from excel file?
saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes Only if you saved earlier versions under different names (or same name, but a different folder). angie wrote: > > saved an excel file multiple times only to learn errors later, can I view > earlier versions before each saved file? did not put on the track changes -- Dave Peterson ...

Changing the background colour on Visio?
Hi - does anyone know how to change the background colour on Visio 2003? I can't find a plain background template that allows you to choose your own colour. I've changed the background settings to grey, but it still prints out white so I must be doing something wrong. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Hi Marcia I'm having the same problem, did oyu ever figure out how to print the background color? Thanks! Paul "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8734E84-40BE-429F-A403-5B193942AAA8@microsoft.com... > H...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Outlook 2007: changing any attendee sends updates to all attendees
I have seen several questions pertaining to this problem, but did not see a resolution in any of them. Please help! When I make any changes to the meeting attendees (add/remove), I only have the options to 'Save and Send Update' (which goes to all attendees) or 'Do not save changes'. Adding isn't such a problem because I can forward the invite and it eliminates the problem, but I cannot find any sort of work around for removing an attendee. I am using Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6213.1000). I do not know if I have any add-ins, I do not k...

Can the preset numbers in the column be changed?
I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for example. Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in without adding a column with numbering? Thanks in advance. Teresa "=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:177A3969-6C4A-4633-BA49-32449EBBCABE@microsoft.com: > I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the > top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for >...

Change default view of OWA folders
Is there a way to change the default view of OWA folders? I want to use 'messages'as default view. Is there a way to change the view of multiple public folders in one go? PremP ...

2008 R2 dpm 2007 setup: SIS-Limited not found?
I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. Any ideas what i need to do to get past this? Thanks It turns out you just need to add the file services role in r2, dont need the manual command.. "markm75g" wrote: > I'm trying to run the command line to install the SIS component via > ocsetup.exe SIS-Limited /quiet /norestart > > but it tells me it cant find this SIS-Limited component (on 2008 r2 x64).. ...

Change default "save picture as"
When I right click on an image and select "Save Picture as..." it always defaults as a "*.gif" type file. Does anyone know how to set a default to have it always select a "*.jpg" ? Thanks! Tony You could buy Publisher 2007 and the *save picture as* default is .png. We have a programmer guru who would know. Maybe a macro? Ask this on publisher.programming -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tony S." <TonyS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBD55927-8405-475D...