cannot install Office 2001 Combo update 9,0,4

When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is
automatically launched.
Then I get the following message:
"The default location for this install cannot be found.This install
will be cancelled."
I have no trouble with other installs.
0
gk4050 (2)

Hi

It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place
other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that
possible?

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <448e93a3.0312071058.e03de0f@posting.google.com>, gk@gkierans.com
(G Kierans) wrote:

> When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is
> automatically launched.
> Then I get the following message:
> "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install
> will be cancelled."
> I have no trouble with other installs.
0
goldkey74 (611)
12/14/2003 3:50:39 AM
As far as I know everything's in right place. All
other software installs work. I dont' move apps out of App folder.
Where should it be?
Also, why does it keep launching Classic?

bl>...
> Hi
>
> It sounds like you may have put your Office 2001 installation in a place
> other than the default location and the updater can't find it. Is that
> possible?
>
> -Jim Gordon
> Mac MVP
>
> All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
> Thanks.
>
> About Microsoft MVPs:
> http://www.mvps.org/
>
> Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
> <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>
>
> ----------
> In article <448e93a3.0312071058.e03de0f@posting.google.com>, gk@gkierans.com
> (G Kierans) wrote:
>

> > When I try to launch it on my G4, the Classic Environment is
> > automatically launched.
> > Then I get the following message:
> > "The default location for this install cannot be found.This install
> > will be cancelled."
> > I have no trouble with other installs.
0
gk4050 (2)
12/20/2003 7:00:09 PM
In article <448e93a3.0312201100.a4706c@posting.google.com>,
 gk@gkierans.com (G Kierans) wrote:

> As far as I know everything's in right place. All
> other software installs work. I dont' move apps out of App folder.
> Where should it be?

Should probably be in your hard drive's

    Applications (Mac OS 9)

folder.

> Also, why does it keep launching Classic?

Because Office 2001 is not OSX native - it only runs in Classic
mode. To run Office natively in OSX you'll need to upgrade to Office
v.X.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

can i link a cell to a calendar so it will auto update
i am trying to get a cell to change font color when it passes a certain date Format > Conditional Formatting, Cell value is greater than [date] Select Format and change text color to desired color "paulyoung666" wrote: > i am trying to get a cell to change font color when it passes a certain date ...

update column

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Vlookup returns "0"

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Dates #9

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

wanted to design a 4 sided A5 leaflet.
Are there any templates available to download? There are pre-designed leaflets within Publisher. You might think about 4-sided... Do you mean a booklet fold? There are templates here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mystic" <Mystic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C3F9CB-5AA9-4B17-9E8E-1E5DD93227CD@microsoft.com... > Are there any templates available to download? ...

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

attachment previewers not installed?

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...