Can't sent word files

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

When attaching a word file the receiver doesn't get my mail at all.
This started months ago, when I received a word-file, asking if I would like to open it with makro. As I knew the sender I said yes.
Since that I can't even send a word file by bluetooth.
What can I do?
Thanks!
Nisa
0
Nisa1 (5)

In article <59b79e25.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
<Nisa@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When attaching a word file the receiver doesn't get my mail at all.
> This started months ago, when I received a word-file, asking if I would like
> to open it with makro. As I knew the sender I said yes.

Is this one recipient or several? Have you tried CCing a third party?

> Since that I can't even send a word file by bluetooth.

That would be a completely separate issue. Please be more specific.
0
adamb (125)
8/9/2009 5:35:05 PM
This happens with almost every recipient. Hotmail adresses will mostly receive mail and the attached file - but nobody else. And that happens also when I am CCing a third party!

And yesterday, when not being able to send a word-file, I tried to send it by bluetooth. That wouldn't work. But when I would sent the document as a pdf, it would!
0
Nisa1 (5)
8/10/2009 7:46:07 AM
1.  Bluetooth is normally a fancy-named technology that simply is a
radio-based communication between hardware devices that are in close
proximity, e.g. computer to keyboard, mice, mobile phones.  It is not
normally a way to "email" someone.  If sending a document via
"bluetooth" you are sending it to a device, e.g. your phone?  It is not
email.  Sending email via blue tooth makes no sense to me (but perhaps
I'm missing something) and I belive is a red herring here.

2.  If you are using your web browser to send attached files via Hot
Mail, read the instructions for using Hot Mail. It is an inter-net based
service that you communicate with via your web browser.  It has nothing
to do with Word, Office, or whatever. It's simply your browser and the
Hot Mail service.  Again--read Hot Mails instructions for sending
attachments and do what they say.

2a. If the attachments are not received by others, it could be that the
email service they use are dropping the files?  It probably is their
problem, not yours.  Sometimes people setup aggressive filtering to
remove attachments from incoming mail because of the security risks.
These are sometimes done by the peope themselves (accidently or on
purpose) or by their IT department.

2b.  Sometimes you can bypass those filters imposed by others by
compressing our file into a zip file.

--rms

Nisa@officeformac.com wrote:
> This happens with almost every recipient. Hotmail adresses will mostly receive mail and the attached file - but nobody else. And that happens also when I am CCing a third party!
>
> And yesterday, when not being able to send a word-file, I tried to send it by bluetooth. That wouldn't work. But when I would sent the document as a pdf, it would!
Thanks!
I am not e-mailing the word document by bluetooth. I just mentioned this because it seems that something happened to my "word" as other Macs refuse to receive word files even by bluetooth.
Sending a word document to an hotmail adress works. But to no one else!!
I do have a "propper" e-mail adress and changed server a week ago... But nothing changed regarding the possibility to send word documents.

And I already tried to sent the files as a zip file. Nothing changes...

But it is important to know, that I can sent excel-files, pdf-files... Pictures... Everything to the same accounts that refuse my word files...

What more to do? HELP!
What might it be, that the word documents, that I am sending are ending up in Spam??
0
Nisa1 (5)
8/10/2009 9:26:05 AM
Is the problem you cannot "send", or that they cannot "receive"?????
I'm confused.

What happens when you send it to your own email address?

--rms

Nisa@officeformac.com wrote:
> Thanks!
> I am not e-mailing the word document by bluetooth. I just mentioned this because it seems that something happened to my "word" as other Macs refuse to receive word files even by bluetooth.
> Sending a word document to an hotmail adress works. But to no one else!!
> I do have a "propper" e-mail adress and changed server a week ago... But nothing changed regarding the possibility to send word documents.
>
> And I already tried to sent the files as a zip file. Nothing changes...
>
> But it is important to know, that I can sent excel-files, pdf-files... Pictures... Everything to the same accounts that refuse my word files...
>
> What more to do? HELP!
> What might it be, that the word documents, that I am sending are ending up in Spam??
Sorry for my english...
The problem is for others to receive!
When I now tried to send to my own e-mail adress I am getting this massage:
"Sorry, the virused mail is detected (#5.6.0)"...
Oh oh...
What to do now?
Thanks, Nina
0
Nisa1 (5)
8/10/2009 6:13:34 PM
Sort of explains it all, doesn't it.  My advice:  rebuild the machine
from scratch. Reformat it and reinstall everything.

--rms

Nisa@officeformac.com wrote:
> Sorry for my english...
> The problem is for others to receive!
> When I now tried to send to my own e-mail adress I am getting this massage:
> "Sorry, the virused mail is detected (#5.6.0)"...
> Oh oh...
> What to do now?
> Thanks, Nina
In article <59b79e25.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
<Nisa@officeformac.com> wrote:

> This happens with almost every recipient. Hotmail adresses will mostly
> receive mail and the attached file - but nobody else. And that happens also
> when I am CCing a third party!

Talk to your ISP. Have them check the mail server logs.

> And yesterday, when not being able to send a word-file, I tried to send it by
> bluetooth. That wouldn't work. But when I would sent the document as a pdf,
> it would!

You're still not being specific enough here. What happens when you try?
What is your Bluetooth setup?
0
adamb (125)
8/12/2009 1:10:38 AM
In article <4A80766B.3070307@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com>, Rob
Schneider <rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote:

> Sort of explains it all, doesn't it.  My advice:  rebuild the machine
> from scratch. Reformat it and reinstall everything.

I wouldn't recommend that at this time. Or really ever.
0
adamb (125)
8/12/2009 1:11:50 AM
In article <59b79e25.5@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
<Nisa@officeformac.com> wrote:

> When I now tried to send to my own e-mail adress I am getting this massage:
> "Sorry, the virused mail is detected (#5.6.0)"...

Talk to your ISP/email provider.

How many Word files are you having difficulty with? It's theoretically
possible you could be dealing with a Word file that has a macro virus
in it.
0
adamb (125)
8/12/2009 1:12:34 AM
But I do. Sorry.

My hypothesis is that we cannot tell tell what malware software has done
to the machine. It's so simple to start again, why not?

--rms

In article <#8zEoLxGKHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, Rob Schneider
<rmschne@yahoo_but_not_often_checked.com> wrote:

> But I do. Sorry.
>
> My hypothesis is that we cannot tell tell what malware software has done
> to the machine. It's so simple to start again, why not?

Because this is a Mac. That's not how we solve problems on the Mac.

At most we create a new user account in OS X.
0
adamb (125)
8/13/2009 2:30:13 AM
> In article ,
> wrote:
>
> > When I now tried to send to my own e-mail adress I am getting this massage:
> > "Sorry, the virused mail is detected (#5.6.0)"...
>
> Talk to your ISP/email provider.
>
> How many Word files are you having difficulty with? It's theoretically
> possible you could be dealing with a Word file that has a macro virus
> in it.

It is every word-file I try to send. If the reason is a macro virus � what can I do? Reinstall word? But what happens than with the old files?
Thanks!
0
Nisa1 (5)
8/15/2009 9:01:29 PM
In article <59b79e25.12@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>,
<Nisa@officeformac.com> wrote:

> > In article ,
> > wrote:
> >
> > > When I now tried to send to my own e-mail adress I am getting this
> > > massage:
> > > "Sorry, the virused mail is detected (#5.6.0)"...
> >
> > Talk to your ISP/email provider.
> >
> > How many Word files are you having difficulty with? It's theoretically
> > possible you could be dealing with a Word file that has a macro virus
> > in it.
> >

> It is every word-file I try to send. If the reason is a macro virus � what
> can I do? Reinstall word? But what happens than with the old files?

Just talk to your ISP first. Macro viruses are rare, but they do exist.
Reinstalling word won't fix that, the files would need to be
disinfected.
0
adamb (125)

The mail is not automatically sent
We are sending a lot of mails daily from Microsoft CRM. The mails go out to the customers both manually and also automatically from workflows. Now I have created a new workflow which contains a mail. The mail has automatically been sent before but after I added a GUID to a serviceactivity (a link) in the mail the e-mail only appear as an activity so I manually have to click "Send" on the mail to make it go to the recipient. Does anyone have any idea why this happens and how I can solve it!? Hi Sailor, Can you provide me with more details? , you have added the Guid to the ema...

.qfx file in excel
my bank for some reason will only allow me to download my statement in a qfx file (quicken) but i dont have any quicken programs i use excel to manage my finances how can i open this file up??? If the bank does not have .text (.txt) or comma separated variables (.csv), which would probably be listed as spreadsheet format, then I would complain to the bank. Meanwhile you could copy and paste from your checking activity HTML pages. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: ...

.mdi Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have some .mdi files (generated at work with some lab software). They seem to open okay on my work PC. Is there any way that I can get Office 2008 and a MAC to recognize / open these? No, .mdi is a Windows-only format exclusive to the Microsoft Document Imaging program... Even other Windows apps can't read or create them. If you can get them into a Windows box open them in MDI & then Save As TIFF to get a format that can be opened by graphics apps or inserted into other documents as a picture. TIFF files are ...

Unable to start up my Excel files
One of my users have this odd issue with his Excel 2003. He's unable to start the files directly but instead he must start a blank excel sheet then open his files from there. Is there a solution to this issue? Please advise. Thanks! Dell 170L P4 800mghz 1gbram Windows XP Pro SP2 Office 2003 SP2 Could the problem be that he cannot open files by double-clicking on them from Windows Explorer, but must open Excel (which will launch a blank sheet) and then open them directly from there using File / Open... If so then tell him to try Tools / Options / General / untick 'Ignore Othe...

File password override
I'm trying to restore a backup file. Money is asking for a file password. I enter the password that is appropriate for the Passport account used to lock the file, but Money will not accept that. I wonder if this file has a seperate file password and if so, I have no memory of what it may have been. Is there some way to reset it? Is there some other way in to this file? Thanks Though I sympathize with your problem, I certainly hope there's no back door. If there is, I'm going back to paper records. I shudder to think that a hacker could conceivably get an older backup file an...

opening .dat Accounts Receivable file in Great Plains for DOS
Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts receivable report... We think its in a .dat file but have no way of opening... This anyone know if this is possible... Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Sincerely, Carmine Carmine, Can you be a little more specific? What version of GP, what report, what information? Victoria "Carmine" <Carmine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:839CC67C-A4C7-4584-8119-C40F74960573@microsoft.com... Hi There: We are trying to retrieve some information from a posted accounts ...

csv-file problems with different regions
I have imported an American csv-file into a German Excel XP. The American $-values are separated by a "." while the German currency values are separated by a ",". So now my spreadsheet reads a value of $ 18.01 as 18. January. All values above 18.12 are ok. How can I avoid this problem? Or, can I change the values tediously one cell after the other? I have not found a way yet as even when I try to format a cell user defined it automatically changes to the format used in the German region. Thanks. Hans Temporarily change the regional settings on your computer to the same f...

File set up query.
Can i set up an excel file to open automatically on pc start up? The easiest is to use the Startup folder available in the Start Menu. To access it go to Start - Programs - Startup. You can delete or add tasks here according to your needs. They will start after Windows logon. When you start Excel, all the files that are located in the XLStart folder are automatically opened. Additionally, if you specified an alternative startup folder for Excel, every file in that folder is also automatically opened. To specify an alternative startup folder, in Microsoft Excel 2002 or Microsof...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

E-mail not transferred outbox to sent item folder
Often I am experiencing a problem when I send an e-mail through Microsoft outlook stand alone desktop regardless with or without an attachment. The sent item does not move from the outbox folder to the sent item folder, even though the e-mail has been sent in most cases, I get a message through the send and receive dialog box stating "Reported error 0x80040109 unknown error 0x80040109". In some cases mail is sent normally and the items are transferred to sent item folder and don't get an error messages but it is more often I get the error message and the sent item stays...

Can I access the previous version of a saved file?
I overwrote an excel file by mistake, using the save as command to an incorrect file. Is there any way to recover the previous file before I "saved as" over it? Hi! I'm using Excel 10 (XP)......WinXP....... If I have an existing file and open it, make some changes, then do a SAVE AS and give it a different name, the newly "saved as" file is a completely *NEW* file and the original is still in tact with the previous file name. Try looking for the previous file name. Biff "JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CAD1748-1D5C...

how to edit Adobe file
how to edit Adobe file Most certainly not in Word. pdf files, I'm assuming that is what you mean by 'Adobe files', are 'fixed' files. Their layout is frozen so they look the same on any machine and can not be edited. If you still want to edit such a pdf file, you will have to convert the file to something else, edit it, and then save the result back as a pdf. The best tool to do the conversion of pdf files to Word documents is probably Acrobat Professional. Unfortunately, that is a rather expensive product to use for a few simple conversions. There are ...

outlook 2003 sent items column displays "none"
Hi.. When I send a mail message to someone (an exchange user) by Outlook 2003 ; message shown as in sent items 'to column' "to : (none)" (with arrange by to: ) and in message to & cc fields are blank... In addition mail recipients receiving mail to & cc fields are blank.. How can I solve this problem ; can anybody help me ? Thanks.. ...

I have to re setup word?
I'did have problems with my computer, I inserted the Fix disk and know he's asking me to re setup Word, excel....... I put in the original CD and still he can not recognise my. "Microsoft office word is not installed for the this user- set up word to install " I tryed also with the C:\ drive, but still gives me the same error. Hope someone can give me a usefull solution. Thanks in Advance Ann You will probably have to run Windows as an Administrator for the setup to work properly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ann" <Ann@discussio...

EndNot Web plug-in prevents closing MS Word 2007
Hi, When I try to close MS Word2007 I get an EndNoteWeb error message "an unknown error occured" and after clicking the ok button, the Word stops responding and restarts the program. This means that the Word is always running in the computer. MS diagnostics does not detect any probelms in the Word. Any advice how to fix the problem? Thanks in advance Suokki Sorry, but you've been misdirected to the group for Word for Macintosh... You can find the Win Office groups here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/FlyoutOverview.mspx Good Luck |...

How do I set up Auto complete for common words
I am new to outlook 2007. in outlook 2003 i had many words, such as regards, yours faithfully, etc that would auto complete when i started typing them. in 2007 i can not seem to get this working. Any help would be appreciated. Adam ...

Replicating Formulas between excel files
Hi there, Does anyone know how I can replicate formulas (verbatim) between difference excel files? I've tried to cut and paste between the separate files, but to my dismay it makes a reference to the original file. Regards, Nickchups The best procedure depends on how many you're trying to copy. For one or two, you can select the *entire* formula in the formula bar, right click and choose "Copy", then hit <Enter>. Now you can navigate to wherever you wish, and Paste it as many times and/or places you want. For numerous formulas, *unformulate* them by replacing t...

move files and prompt user if file already exists in target filepath
I have the following code that moves files between folders. Unfortunately, already existing files get overwritten if the new filename is the same. Is there a way to prompt the user in case the file would already exist and to abort the copy kill operation? here's my code: Private Sub Command9_Click() Dim strNewName As String Dim strOldName As String Dim strtargetfilepath As String strtargetfilepath = DLookup("[Draft to Active]", "filepath") strOldName = Me.Filename strNewName = strtargetfilepath & "\" & Me.Name1 FileCopy strOldName, strNe...

Want to hack the recently used file list max entries
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Would anyone care to offer a hack method to get the recently used file list to show more than 9 entries? No use telling me it can't be changed. I am asking for the &quot;Yes&quot; people to answer. OK, yes... The first thing you need to do is contact Microsoft & ask them for the source code. Seriously, there is no user option other than the setting provided in Preferences. If you want to see a longer list use the 'Recent' page of Project Gallery from the file menu. On its Customize page ...

Outlook 2007 cannot open .pst file
I just installed Outlook 2007, then moved older outlook pst files successfully into my new Outlook. However, I closed it and then restarted it. It claims that it cannot open the Outlook.pst file anymore. In trouble, need any and all input as to how to fix it; other than completely reinstalling it. I will loose some new email that I downloaded. thank you, -- ravimk http://forums.slipstick.com Which method did you use to reconnect your older pst-files? "Moved it" is not a valid action nor does it describe exactly what you did. The proper way to reconnect...

Lost my links to Visio diagrams in Word, How to restore them?
I had lots of links in my Word file to diagrams in a Visio document in the same directory. They have all disappeared. Word now says the file may not be there or is corrupted. It may have been that the directory was renamed. Is there a way to recover the links or do I have to delete all the current diagrams in Word and repaste the links using "Paste Special" again. Thanks in advance, -- Marco UCO Lick Observatory Laboratory for Adaptive Optics ...

Excel temp files in network dir
I have users that are accessing a network shares to their excel files. I often see files that are 8 characters long Ex(D8710B20) and without extensions, left over in their dir. I have read MS article 814068 and understand that these are created during the save function; however, i have ruled out permissions and antivirus as the cause. These files consume a lot of network space. Any guidance would greatly be appreciated. Delete them? "les" <les.becker@ifcosystems.com> wrote in message news:242501c37332$34e6b600$a601280a@phx.gbl... : I have users that are accessing...

XML file extensions
I have a machine with Excel 2003 Pro installed. Whenever I create an XML file in any directory on the hard drive (created from SQL Server Database via Visual Studio) the XML file is automatically converted to an Excel 4.0 Macro file. It is then no longer recognised as an XML file. It would appear that somehow XML files are associated with Excel automatically. Can I turn this off? TIA Rowan Ignore me, I coded the file extension as XLM by mistake - which of course is an Excel 4.0 Macro!!! "Rowan" wrote: > I have a machine with Excel 2003 Pro installed. Whenever I create...

Trying to open a Publisher file from School
At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB > 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Microsoft Home Publishing and Microsoft Publisher are two completely separate, different, and unfortunately similarly-named applications. Their filetypes are incompatible. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have...

Problem in saving Date and $ field in Excel to CSV file
We just copy and paste data from MS Access 2003 to Excel 2003. When we save the Excel as CSV file, we find that the date has been converted to American format. We have checked the Regional Settings and Australia is used. Is there any language setting in Excel ? Moreover, on another machine, we are able to save to non-American date. However, we find that for monetary field, most of them are quoted - Like "$2,000.00" but some are not quoted - like $580.00. Your advice is sought. Thanks Peter ...