can't see text in any office files anymore

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX.  <br>
what's wrong???  <br>
do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix?
0
epourkoapa

Appending Excel data into an Access table while inserting the file name
I have a loop in an Access 2003 database that appends records from multiple Excel files within a given directory. The name of each Excel file cycles through one variable (ImpFileName) as its records are imported, but I also need to add the Excel file name to each record. I wanted to assign the value of ImpFileName to the DefaultValue property of the FileName field in the table as part of the DoWhile loop, but something is wrong with my syntax. My code is below, but only works if I comment out the line that assigns the DefaultValue property. Any help would be much appreciated! Dim tdf...

Reinstalling Office v X after reinstalling all software #2
The hard drive crashed/broke (Mac mini). Got new hard drive. Installed OS (10.3.7) and applications, etc. from system disk. Went to reinstall Office v X and I find out it's an UPDATE disk and wants the original application folder! I must assume that Office for Mac .."TEST"? was it?... came installed on the Mac, but it doesn't show up after the re-install. How do I get Office v X back on my computer? Thanks for any help. ...

Text being truncated
I don't know if this should be posted in here or with Access because I'm not sure which application is causing my problem, but I'll start here. Someone within our company has an Excel spreadsheet that contains comments in one column. They import this information to Access to run some queries and then exports it back to Excel (I don't know why they do the import/export), anyways, once they export it back to Excel, some of the comments are truncated. Is there a limit that Excel will accept or maybe Access can only export a limited amount of characters. I didn't...

PST file >2GB
I have a use with a PST file >2GB. I ran the inbox repair tool, but failed. THe MS knowledgebase also recommends bulletin Q296088S which uses file 2gb152.exe. However, I can not download this executable. I get an error that the site or link is bad and it times out. Anyone has any idea how where else I can get a copy? Check this site: http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the...

using hyperlink to open image file from a button
I use the hyperlink function to open an image file on the hard disk whose address is contained in a cell. But can I get this to attach to a button using a macro or can I open a file whose address is contained in a cell in some other way. I used a button from the Forms toolbar and placed it on my worksheet. I assigned it this macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim BTN As Button Dim testStr As String Dim myCell As Range With ActiveSheet Set BTN = .Buttons(Application.Caller) Set myCell = ActiveCell Set myCell = .Cells(BTN.TopLeftCell.Row, "A&...

show date file updated?
Can I have a field that automatically shows the date when the file was last updated? You can use code like Sub LastSaveTime() With ThisWorkbook If .FullName <> vbNullString Then .Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value = _ FileDateTime(.FullName) End If End With End Sub This will put the last saved date and time into cell A1 on Sheet1. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel, 10 Years Pearson Software Consulting www.cpearson.com (email on the web site) "Chris Hughes" <Chris Hughes@discu...

ofc files
Hi, I have been using Money from ver 2003 and I have been downloading transactions in ofc files and it worked (i.e. imported to my account in Money) fine in 03 and 04. Now I have just upgraded my 2004 to 2005 and M05 wouldn't recognize (i.e. associate them in explorer) my ofc files. I've pointed the ofc files to be opened with mnyimprt.exe and it still doens't work. Any solution? Thanks. My understanding is thatMoney 05 doesn't support OFC downloads. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:050901c4a5b7$e6531...

Changing a text name within a cell based on file name
Hello, I wonder if it is possible to change a cell contents based on the file name. For example I am using Excel file 2003 in my workbook sheet 1 in cell A2 it is populated with a text field - company name "Zenith Manufacturer" and in cell A3 has the company location text field "Tampa Florida" I have about 50 reports. The file name on one report can be Sch88 (Zen) or Ex 1 (Zen), etc. All of the 50 reports have unique names, but has the same identifier within the parentheses (Zen). Here is my problem I have to duplicate the same 50 reports with a different compan...

Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Office title bar
QUESTION: - How to easily & quickly remove the 'non commercial use' in the title bar for a newly installed version of office professional 2007? BACKGROUND I am running Windows 7 and have the Office Professional 2007 on dvd. My new laptop was pre-installed with office 2007. I did not un-install this, I just put in my new office 2007 professional dvd and completed the installation. Everything works, however, outlook (only outlook) displays the 'non-commercial use' in the title bar. I have no entry for office 2007 in the add/remove programs. The only entry i...

How can I put a slash in a zero in Office 97
How can I put a slash in a zero in Office 97 Find a font that supports slashed 0's. Google will help you find lots--some will be free, others not. I found this a long time ago: http://www.qsl.net/wa6axe/fonts.html rmpete wrote: > > How can I put a slash in a zero in Office 97 -- Dave Peterson Thanks, Dave, I found two fonts I like, AnonymousTT and Monaco, with slashed zeros. I also found that you can add a slash to Arial with ALT+0216. Thanks again "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Find a font that supports slashed 0's. > > Google will help you find lots--so...

Unable to open/expand the file menu
When in Word I am unable to open/expand the file menu. It just highlights the word "File" but nothing happens when I click on it. All other menu's work just fine. I have ran a detect/repair but that did not work. Any help would be appreciated. Go to Tools > Customize > Toolbars. Select "Menu Bar" in the list and click the Reset button. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. butter wrote: > When in Word...

using Money 98 files under Windows 7 Home Premium?
Hello, I have a friend who I have just moved onto Windows 7 Home Premium. He has some Money 98 , .mny, files. I understand that Microsoft has stopped support for Money? How can he access these files? He still has Money 98 on his old PC - can he open the files with this and save them in another form which he could access under Windows 7? Cheers Geoff In microsoft.public.money, Geoff wrote: > > >I have a friend who I have just moved onto Windows 7 Home Premium. > >He has some Money 98 , .mny, files. I understand that Microsoft has >stopped support ...

In Excel, using line wrap with text, some cells will appear as ##.
In Excel, using line wrap for text, some cells will appear as ######### on one line. Attempts to correct the problem by re-entering the format (text-line wrap checked-top alignment) do not work. Even copying the style from a "good" wrapped cell does not correct the problem. If it has to do with column width, double-click on the line between the column with the ### and the one to right, you 'll expand the column, exposing the full number. EX: cell A1 has ####, so position the cursor between the A and the B column headers, on the line until the cursor turns into a black lin...

Import more than one .csv file into the same Excel file.
I have several .csv files which were created by saving data from Word forms. I want to be able to import all the files into the same Excel file. I have used the Get External data, Import text file commands to import the first, but this is not available to import the second. If I choose the Edit import option it replaces the row of data I already have from my first import. I am using Excel 2003. Why dont you merge the .csv files together using MS- DOS copy command. --Copy all .csv files to a single folder (say c:\temp\) --From command line type the command copy c:\temp\*.csv c...

MICROSOFT OFFICE:mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My MacBook Air froze while installing - got up to the "Running Launch Setup Assistant Installer script", Install time remaining:About a minute. What should I do? Disconnect the external disk and reboot at that stage. All necessary files should now have been copied to the Air. However, the Apple Installer used for the Setup can't cope with external drives on an Air while it runs. (I thought I saw a report that there was an update from Apple to fix that?) Anyway: If you disconnect the external drive and reboot, then att...

Can't Generate Out-of-Office Response
Using SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002, when we set Outlook to generate an Out of Office response, none is generated. How can I rectify this? Thanks! Larry -- Larry Lentz, MCSE+Internet & W2K, MCDBA GoldMine Certified Professional Lentz Computer Services www.LentzComputer.Net Larry@LentzComputer.Net ...

Restoring a calendar file
I accidentally syncronized my new handheld to my desktop with a setting that said have all data on the handhelp overlay the data on the desktop. I lost all my calendar settings and contacts. I did copy the directories to other locations and was able to copy and paste the contact list back into the primary on on my desktop, but I can't find a way to do the same thing for calendar. I have tried deleting the primary calendar and renaming the other directory - Outlook won't let me do that. Also can't copy/paste like I did with Contacts. Anyone out there have a solution? ...

Open multiple file cause excel to freeze
Hi all I'm using several files each using external links to applications like Reuters 3000 Xtra and Bloomberg. When I open each files separatly, I'm asked to refresh the links and the file opens without problem. If I open two or three of this file, Excel freezes on the opening of the last one. I have to kill the process in order to close Excel. These files are used by many of my users, some have Reuter and Bloomberg, some have only reuter or Bloomberg, and some have none. Here is what I noticed : There are freezes only if the user does NOT have Bloomberg installed, but, there...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

RW - writing text
GP v 8.00 (no spack) In RW - in report header - i want to hard code some info like iso doc number etc etc and some address info - it lets me put in a certain amoutn of data then after that - say i type our company number in, then when i want to type in the next line of info - say street address - RW replaces what i typed with OTHER words also in the report header - randomly it looks like. items like address etc can also be taken from global fields i understand - but has anyone else seen this and is there a fix?? (maybe in a sp?) thanks Theo :) Theo I have experienced odd behavior in RW b...

Location of files
Hi There Apart from managing the files via Tools --> File Centre in POS 2009 is there any way we could locate them via explorer? Also one feature in RMS was that we could share all files from one location on share drive for multiple registers or managers... Is this still possible in POS 2009. Any comments will be appreciated. -- Cheers Topi POS 2009 stores all those files in the database so to answer your question no you can not view the files via WinExplorer. Having said that because the files are store in the database the files will automatically be shared with all registers ...

How do I print all file names from a folder in Publisher?
In Publisher, I have a listing of about 100 files and I would like to print the listing of those files. Is there a way of doing that? put the list in a textbox, then push the print button? why do you want to do this specifically in pubisher anyway are you going to make a fancy printout? "Leb Steve" <Leb Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3121C24F-8581-4861-B67C-C7615EA9D3CC@microsoft.com... | In Publisher, I have a listing of about 100 files and I would like to print | the listing of those files. Is there a way of doing that? Leb Steve wrote: &g...

Appending Date to File Name Syntax Question
Using WinXP and Access2K2 In the following 'on click' event in visual basic a text file is produced and sent to a file folder. The file name is always the same. I'd like to be able to append the current date to the file name ending up with as an example; "ADIF_11032007.adi", or whatever date it happens to be at the time of the report. My code so far: Dim stDocName As String Dim MyDate As String MyDate = Date 'Selects which report to use based on queries for each report If optQSL = 1 Then stDocName = "rptADIF_eQSL" Els...

office 2007 excel
i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? Hi Thomas Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site http://www.rondebruin.nl/qat.htm -- Regards Roger Govier "thomas" <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4967D479-51D4-4770-8F3D-95C79FE0344B@microsoft.com... >i want to customize my toolbar by adding two buttons like making a macro > toolbar that has two options below it .can anyone help? ...

117769 files with .onetoc2 extension to delete !
I have accidentally create an astronomical number of files while using Microsoft Office OneNote for the first time ... and it was the last time All those files have the same name "OneNote Table Of Contents.onetoc2" and they are located in the directory D:\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music... and all the sub folders. How should I delete all those files? Is there a command to do it via ms dos ? Thanks in advance -- mistert > I have accidentally create an astronomical number of files while using > Microsoft Office OneNote for the first time Myomy ...