Can't Print to PDF in Office for Mac 2004 in Leopard

If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the
application crashes.  Print to PDF works in all other applications.
Is this a known issue?  If so, what is the timing for a patch?  Are
there any workarounds?  Thanks.

In article
<0bde41c4-8669-4443-8d4a-8a5dcd281016@y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
<marvin.cash@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the
> application crashes.  Print to PDF works in all other applications.
> Is this a known issue?  If so, what is the timing for a patch?  Are
> there any workarounds?  Thanks.
Works fine for me.
Can you offer any details of why your set-up is special?

--
To de-mung my e-mail address:- fsnospam$elliott$$
PGP Fingerprint: 1A96 3CF7 637F 896B C810  E199 7E5C A9E4 8E59 E248

So the problem belongs somewhere in your computer's printing subsystem.
Usually, it's the printer driver.

In one of the Microsoft applications, go to the File menu and choose
"Print"...  In the top of the dialog box that appears will be the name of
the printer.  Take careful note of it.

Now do this again in an application that works.  Compare the names
character-for-character.  That's usually where the problem lies.

Hope this helps

On 17/11/07 5:02 AM, in article
"marvin.cash@gmail.com" <marvin.cash@gmail.com> wrote:

> If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the
> application crashes.  Print to PDF works in all other applications.
> Is this a known issue?  If so, what is the timing for a patch?  Are
> there any workarounds?  Thanks.

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/
Nhulunbuy, Northern Territory, Australia
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
john7143 (1072)

PO Printing ERROR
I am facing problum in printing the Purchase order after approval. When i open any PO and try to print it by pressing PRINT button it shows an error like "Run Time Error 13, Type Mismatch" and Quit form RMS Manager Plz any one help me out from this problum. Regards, Naveed ...

printing cell contents
Hi, I need to print the worksheet but i want to print not the values but the formulas that each cell contains. Could you pls tell me how to do it? <Ctrl>+<`> That second key is a reverse apostrophe - found over the Tab key, and to the left of number 1. Then just print. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Kostas" <arko@excite.com> wrote in message news:062501c37871$fba9e980$a001280a@phx.gbl... Hi, I need to print the works...

Text colour printing problem
Hi, We are having problems printing a spreadsheet from a workmate computer. Most of the data is black with the exception of a of a fe rows where the text is red. when the user tries to print the documen comes out in greyscale, I have checked all settings and confiqs an still it prints greyscale, I even opened a new worksheet and typed ou a red test test page, and this prints correctly. I compared th settings of the two sheets; my test one and the orignal sheet and ther was no noticable difference. The machine is running Win 2K Pro wit Excel 2000. I hope someone can please shed some light on t...

prints fine on paper, not on card
I am creating wedding response cards, 5.5" X 4.25" (2 down, perforated, on page). They print fine on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper, but when I use the actual card the bottom .5" is not printed. Can anyone explain that PLEASE?! What version of Publisher? Are you using a postcard setup? Portrait? It could be your printer's limitation. Some ink jets will have a margin limitation of 5.5. If you are using Publisher 2007 I would suggest using the Avery postcard page setup. Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary ...

Issues Printing Bubble Chart on Canon Printer
We just installed a new Canon printer and when we printed Excel Bubble Charts on the printer, they are rendered as squares, with inscribed circles. The bubbles are formatted to be shaded, so the squares are shaded. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to fix it? We PDF'd the document and found that the printing problem has disappeared in the PDF'd version. Now we're missing a font on the computer that has the Adobe Acrobat application. If it's not one thing, it's another. I'm still interested in understanding why there's a problem however. "...

slow printing
Just installed new dell for boss with win2k and office 2k, all update including w2k sp4 and off2k sp3. User now states that his HP4000 laser prints slow compared to his win98 that this machine replaced. The slow printing only seem to occur in excell - other programs seem fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob Page ...

office home and student 2007 03-02-10
I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs, and replace product manuals http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246 Michelle wrote: > I can't find my disc but i have my product key. How do i download it again? ...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

Printing legal-paper documents
I am unable to print legal-paper sized documents. All other print jobs work fine. Attempted switching the drivers, though printing to any available printer produces the same problem. Other systems aren't running into this problem on the same printers. It isn't an issue with the type of paper feed, in fact, it doesn't seem to even get beyond the program that is trying to send the print job. In addition, there are no errors produced. I'd appreciate any advice, especially if you could email it to me. Thanks, Nathan Sones natesones@yahoo.com ...

Not Print Last Page of a Report
Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perform several other procedure based on the value of the form. I just can not figure out how to stop the last page from printing. Thanks for any help, Lamar Lamar wrote: >Depending on a value on form, I want to not the last page of a report. >Using an event procedure of the report , is there a way to code so the last >page does not print? I use the Report Open event to perfo...

Excel doc to pdf...
I have 2 excel docs, each containing 5 worksheets. These range in size from 8 columns to 14 columns & I need to make them all a uniform width before creating pdfs of them to put into a page layout program. I've adjusted column widths & the scaling to get them to the size I want, printed out a page to check the size & all looks fine. The problem is that the pdf I create is wider than the excel doc. Even stranger is the fact that this has worked fine on all other 9 worksheets between the 2 excel docs! What could be causing this & how can I fix it?!?!? Might be worth c...

How to print 11 x 17
I have Publisher 2003 and cannot figure out how to print on 11x17 paper. The document is 11x17. I set the paper size in Publisher and my printer driver (Epson 1280) to print 11x17. I triple verifed my both Publisher and printer driver settings. However, my output is a cropped to 8.5x11 on 11x17 paper. When I return to Publisher after printing, I notice that my page setup has reverted back to 8.5x11 even though the rulers on the document still show 11x17. To make matters even more odd, this document was created in Publisher 2002 and printed just fine. I've enen tried copyin...

Printing problem.
Hi, i'm having a strange problem with some excel files in a Windows 2000 Server (no service pack applied) network. Some users are able to print a file while other are not. No error message is exhibited on screen. Users have the some network rights. This happens only with a few files, all of them located on the same folder on the server. Clients are using Windows 98 SE and Windows Me. We are using Office 2000 SR1 Thanks, -- Carlos Vaz --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.510 / Virus Database: 307 - Release ...

Save Word with embedded objects as a PDF
Is there a way to perserve an embedded object (excel etc.) in Word when saving as a PDF? You mean preserve the embedded object so that it is active in the PDF (meaning that you can open it in the PDF file)? No. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "tjv" <tjv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8BBD79B9-4809-4DC9-BA30-B5947CA12020@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to perserve an embedded object (excel etc.) in Word when > saving as a PDF? ...

Problem with printing multiple copies of a report
I read and follow the suggestion from this group to wrtie the code for a print sub: DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "rptCertificate", True DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , InputBox("Enter Number of Copies", _ "Print repCertificate", 1), 0 Access prints one copy even I put 2 in the InputBox or use DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 2, 0 in stead. Thank you in advance for your help. -- Jeff ...

Downloading Office Pro 2007 to a Netbook
Just bought a Netbook. I have CD for Office Pro 2007. How do I get this onto my Netbook as I have no drive for the disk. Does Microsoft help with this. Don't want to copy because of lost files. Thanks You need an external drive (USB CD/DVD) or network connection with an image of the installation media on the network. You are correct; copying won't work. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "Lucy" <Lucy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9B261A1-F469-45C8-B263-ACA70B8AB6E6@microsoft.com... > Ju...

how to install handwriting recognition tool in Office 2007
I would like to include a signature in word document. For that how to install handwring recognition tool in Office 2007. I am using Win XP Home SP3. -- Coporatesugar ...

Printing document references
Hello, We have a number of forms which we have produced here at work which require numbered references on them so each document is unique. Can this be batch driven ? EG. I have designed a printed sheet in Excel for our stock take this year. We need 200 sheets to be issued out to the guys doing the counting. Each sheet needs its own unique documents reference number on it so it can be traced. How can I automate this so I can print 200 copies of the document, and the document references increase incrementally on each separate page. EG. ABC0001, ABC0002, ABC0003... I dont want to have t...

Mac Office X File name
I have come across a problem working in Office X in a Mac OS 10.3.5 environment.� When a file is named longer than 27 characters, once the file is opened the name gets truncated and renamed to contain alphanumeric characters. For example, if a file is named KGCaylxNewDiversityProposal.ppt then it will open in PowerPoint with the exact file name displayed in the application's title bar since the file is 27 characters or less.� But say the file is named KGCaylxNewDiversityProposal093004.ppt.� Once you open the file in PowerPoint you will notice that name of the file in the application bar ...

Office/Outllok updates failing
Hi, I am running dual boot XP (partition 1) and XP 64bit (partition 2), each with their own installed copy of Office 2003. The updates below will NOT install in the XP 64bit system. Update identifies them as needed, they dowload, but fail to install. Any help appreciated. Thanks Ron Update for Office 2003 (KB907417) Update for Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB905648) Security Update for Outlook 2003 (KB892843) ...

Re: persian in office 2004 mac leopard
> hello Hi, > there were few posts about persian language support in office,i find > out that the main problem is in mac osx not office,cause we have this > problem also when we visit persian websites in safari or read docs in > bean. > but can any body tell me that the problem is solved in leopard? I fear that the two are unrelated. Mac OS X supports Persian and Safari should display the apge you are refering to (providing you have the proper fonts and that the page is properly coded). Office originally didn't support right-to-left (RTL) languages because the Offi...

Upgrade from MS Office 2000 Professional edition to 2003 Office Ba
I had MS Office 2000 Professional edition on my computer. Recently I purchased MS Office Basic Edition 2003 for my college students new laptop. I also installed this on my compter so we would have the same editions for homework when she is home. I now noticed that some of the old office versions are gone. Like Publisher and Access. I realize that I downgraded my update but I only wanted to update Excel & Word thinking that the Access & Publisher would still be there. How do I get them back? I have an assignment for work to do this w/e..... Reinstall them with your Office 20...

adding pdf files to a publisher document
I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without opening up the pdf file? I can add an object, but pdf is not on the list of objects. No, not unless you have Acrobat (not just the free reader). And even then there seem to be posters who can't but I can with no problem. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "campgus" <campgus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4068A49-7B75-4446-8CA3-37F62ADBEEAD@microsoft.com... > I'd like to add a pdf file as a page in Publisher. Can I do this without > opening up the pdf f...

Find the first and last occurance of a report printed. #2
Hello, I have a wookbook that contains about 180,000 rows of data across 3 spreadsheets. The data is in Column A and Column B. In Column A I have Mainframe Report Number's and in Column B I have the dates the reports have printed. Column A repeats the report number for each date the report has printed as shown below. COLUMN A COLUMN B AA000001 6/23/06 AA000001 5/10/06 AA000001 10/02/05 AA000002 6/5/06 AA000002 5/10/06 AA000002 4/09/05 AA000002 3/12/04 AA000002 2/14/03 Is it possible to have a macro go thr...

Running VBA created in XL for Win on Mac
I am creating a customized workbook that uses numerous VBA routines using a Windows version of Office (97, 2000 or 2002). From my understanding the code should run the same in the Mac vesion of Excel. Is this correct? Also, are there any issues I should be aware of where code compatibility is concerned? This is my first experience with XL for Win vs. XL for Mac. Any help would be appreciated. ...