Can't install (yes, I already did the Remove Office prgm)

I even went into ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft and deleted that
directory to ensure that everything Microsoft-esque was gone.

When I start up the installer, it just sits there and doesn't install
anything after putting in my name, product key, etc.

Any further hints?

Thanks,
Shade

0
shade1 (4)

HI,
Ya' know, I'm a comm. col.student, 54, mind you,, so I did the "...for
eductors ed."Go to Mactopia.com" load and install the
11,0,3, then it might work.
Good Luck,
Augie

Hi Shade:

1)  Make sure there is no Microsoft Office 2004 folder in your Applications
folder.  If there is, delete it; and empty the trash BEFORE you go further.

2)  Drag the entire Office 2004 folder from the CD to your "Applications"
folder.

I don't think the installer works properly on the Intel Mac (does anyone
know??)

Cheers

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)

Can I delete parts of Office?
I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinking about deleting all the MS apps except for Word and Excel. Can I do this without messing up Word and Excel to the point that I need to reinstall? I would just try it, but I'm away from home and don't have access to my Office install CD. Any help that could be provided would be great. Thanks <beau.keyes@gmail.com> wrote: > I recently loaded Office 2004 on my iBook but want to conserve hard > drive space for an app i just picked up, and was thinki...

Why won't instant search in Outlook 2007 install?
Even though I have installed the add-in, I still get the dialog prompting me to install the instant search add-in. How do I activate this feature? ...

office trial
wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock to different internet server but keep getting error message. Office trial was preinstalled on computer and I went through microsoft with key they emailed to me. This is getting very tiresome as I am a new user "tottenham hotspur" wrote: > wizard will not activate, keep getting message to set date and time > correctly, these are set correctly in my time zone, tried to syncronise clock > to different internet se...

"Configuring Microsoft Office Basic 2007" every time I start
I added memory to my PC and Office 2003 started to misbehave (and it could not find a CAB file that was on the CD) so I removed it and upgraded to Office 2007. Now every time I start my PC it spends time configuring itself. I might add iTunes is the same. It means starting the PC is an even more laborious process than usual. Oh, and I have some annoying update to XML something or other that does not install either, and does not go away. It is ironic that the extra memory was to improve perforamnce. Every step forwards involves two steps back. Apart from swapping to App...

Out of Office Question
We're new to O at our office. On occasion, I get OOO replies when I email people. I ask how they set it up and everyone tells me Tools, then Out of Office. My choices under Tools do not include OOO but they do include Rules Wizard. I feel sure somewhere in there is a way to set up OOO replies but I haven't hit upon the exact procedure. Help is no help at all. I have the disc, I run W2000 Professional. Can someone give me the drill to set up an OOO reply so I can turn it on before I go on vacation next week? Thanks in advance to all who help or try. Steve Ignots Steve, You need to be u...

Unable to install Analytics accelerator cube
I'm encountering trouble trying to install the SQL Analysis cube for the Analytics accelerator. I'm following the steps in the "SSAS2005SimpleCubeDeploymentGuide.doc" document. On step #3 the guide says to right-click on the CRM AF Base project and click "Deploy". Each time I do that, my result is a series of errors displayed in Visual Studio. The first error (that I'm guessing leads into the following errors) states: "Errors in the OLAP storage engine: The attribute key cannot be found: Table: dbo_FilteredOpportunityCompetitors, Column: competitori...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

Is it possible to add my own header to an email in Office Outlook or Outlook Express?
Hi all, I mean something like followings: X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com or X-MyHeader: 123456 I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to this by an email application. Thanks in Advance Afshar Mohebbi > I mean something like followings: > X-MDaemon-Deliver-To: someone@somewhere.com > or > X-MyHeader: 123456 > I'm able to do this via C# SmtpClient programmatically, but I want to > this by an email application. For Outlook, you'd need to do it via code. I'd start at http://www.outlookcode.com. For OE, you'll wan...

spell check in office basic or office Pro?
which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put me in the excel user group..sorry barb Barb All of the office suite have Spellcheck. Take your pick, MS Works, Office Standard, Office Student, Office Pro. HTH Michael "barb" wrote: > which ms office program do I need to purchase to get spell check in ms word? > office basic or office professional? Thanks so much. Not sure why this put > me in the excel user group..sorry > barb ...

Reactivating Office on a new computer.
I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy of Office, please? -- Steve Contact the vendor from where you purchased it. "stemac" <stemac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795E14D0-A5F1-4CA4-B2B4-A102986CBADD@microsoft.com... :I had a downloaded copy of Office 2007 on a laptop which has been destroyed : beyond repair. I have now bought a new laptop. How do I re-download my copy : of Office, please? : -- : Steve The vendor was...

Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums
Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? I sure appreciate your help, John In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I > have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? > > I sure appreciate your help, John Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you get too many hits. HTH, Twayne` ...

SBS2008 Installation/configuration
I have purchased SBS2008 Premium. I was told that I needed to purchase a Windows 2008R2 Server license for the second server? I thought SBS2008 premium had licenses for both SBS2008 and Windows 2008 server and that I just need additional user/device CALS. Also, Can I install SBS2008 AND Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V Viitualization all on the SBS2008 box, or does it have to be installed on separate servers? Hi David, You don't need another server license. You can install WS2k8 on the hardware, enable the hyper-v role, and then install SBS08 as a virtual machine...

Upgrade Office 2004 Student to 2008 Standart
As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the student 2004 to standart 2008. On the box it says any 2001 to 2004 office suite or application is upgradeable but before I open the box I want to make sure this will work... I need exchange server thats why I can't upgrade with the 2008 home/student version.. Thanks On 3/6/08 1:13 PM, in article ee90031.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "srkerd@officeformac.com" <srkerd@officeformac.com> wrote: > As the subject says. Does anybody have an experience with upgrading the > student 2004 to standart 2008. ...

Removing and creating a new PST file in OL2003
Hi, I want to completly remove my current pst file in OL 2003 and create a brand new one. What is the best way to do this? Thanks for any help at all. Fubie From the file menu select New > Outlook Data File > name it and then go to Tools > Email Accounts > NEXT > deliver new mail to the following location dropdown field and select the new pst that you created > restart Outlook. To get rid of the old pst right click on its root folder and choose Close. "Fubie" <google@nexus-ent.com> wrote in message news:97a1bc69.0401120727.2030cb00@posting.google.com... &g...

out of office assistant #55
For a former employee I would like all incoming emails to be sent a response that the person no longer works here. This is for all emails from the same sender, not just the first one. I am concerened about looping errors if I set up a rule to do this. ...

Information service is not installed on this computer
I had Office 2007 instealled, and later installed Office 2010 Technical Preview alongside it, and this caused Outlook 2010 to overwrite Outlook 2007. I used it for a whilst, but experienced a lot of problems with it, all of which required me to reinstall it, or result back to Outlook 2007. So I have now reinstalled it 4 or 5 times and keep receiving the same problem. Now, I am trying to use 2007 again, and when adding a data file using the 'Mail' control panel, I receive a message saying "the informaton sevice is not installed on this computer". I have n...

Ask outlook in microsoft office 2003
Is it more convenient function that which are there to ask outlook in microsoft office 2003 edition? I seldom read the letter and follow and send a letter with outlook, all have the browser and help me to join mails and follow and send a letter directly, Have lesson teachers of computers to teach a lot of, which outlooks functions are very well that I am not clear very much to have, the person knowing tells me, please. ...

Using NTDSUTIL to edit ntds.dit on seperate install
I am running Server 2003 and my server and backups got fried from dirty power. Beside this major mess up I recovered most of the data, but have started a reinstall to fix the problems still left (I couldn't start the AD). Anyway due to a some quirk Windows was setup to install on G: on the original installation (I don't know why), and now during the install it says it can't start the Active Directory (Which is why I am trying a recovery installation). However I now know the correct fix for this problem is through the use of NTDSUTIL so... I hit SHIFT + F10 to run NTDS...

Updates After Clean Install
I did something that i shouldn't have done almost 2 yrs ago and now i am going to finally do a clean install......i need to know weather or not i will still be able to get all the updates that i missed for sp2 and can i redownload sp3 that i did not download myself but someone else did on my comp (xp home media center) Yes you can. They are all there. But this time do all your updates then create a image backup so that the next time you need to restore your computer you can restore from the image backup with all the updates intact... if need be. -- The Top Script Gener...

insert into
I have two tables - EMAIL and PUBLISH. I use the access import feature to import all emails into the table EMAIL. I then created a query to move "new" records from EMAIL into PUBLISH so that I can modify the contents and flag the emails with categories, etc. My query is missing records but I can't figure out why. I have three tables involved in this query: ADDRESS - contains the person's email address and a people ID EMAIL - contains the original email fields including email address and contents of email, each email is assigned a unique ID PUBLISH - want to c...

Problem with CRM 3.0 install
Hello, I'm installing CRM 3.0 Pro on a new Windows Server 2003 Enterprise server, with SQL Server 2005 Dev. Edition. All was going well until I got to the dialog: [Select an Active Directory organizational unit (OU) to contain CRM system groups] when I click on the browse button in this dialog, I get an error: "Unable to browse for Active Directory objects" I had just installed the OS on this server today. Any clues what to do? Thanks!! is your user account a member of the domain admins group? "Dean J Garrett" <info@amuletc.com> wrote in message ...

Problem Restoring Money 2005 SB back up after new installation
this is a new file in 05, not an upgrade. i had to take it off my computer this weekend & backed up to floppy b4 i did. when i reinstalled 05 & went to restore my back up i get this message: "money cannot locate"file location" or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. if you have chosen the correct file & it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. if the file is being used by another application, close it in the othe...

How to find Watch window in Office X VB Editor
Greetings all, Apologies if this is a FAQ here but I've searched google for over an hour with no result. I've just updated to a new machine, running Tiger and installed Office X (after updates, 10.1.6). I have dozens of legacy Excel files with all manner of VB code in them from my Excel 5 under OS 8.6 and I'm trying to make them work under this new system environment. One major problem is that I can't figure out how to get out a Watch window!!! I've looked until I'm blue in the face and there is nothing in any menu which will bring out a window where I can se...

Adding cells that already have formulas
i have a work book with formulas in cells, i need to add the results from the formulas in another cell. Why is something like =A3+B7 or =SUM(A3,B7) no appropriate? Jerry critter wrote: > i have a work book with formulas in cells, i need to add the results from the > formulas in another cell. Sorry i figured it out in my formulas i had "" so the new formula would not read the answers from the cells i had selected. "Jerry W. Lewis" wrote: > Why is something like > =A3+B7 > or > =SUM(A3,B7) > no appropriate? > > Jerry > &g...

Email slow since installation
Just wondering if anyone knows how come my outlook is super slow since installing the new upgrade (2003)?? Any ideas? Are you using Outlook with Cached Exchange Mode checked? I've had several users who had to turn this off (I think it's enabled by default) to improve performance while they're on the network. I'm still looking for a reason why this would slow things down. - Rachel "April" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<1553901c3c444$95f4bb50$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > Just wondering if anyone knows how come my outlook is ...