Can't install Office 2004 for Mac update 11.3.5!

I had a problem yesterday trying to install the 11.3.5 update for
Office 2004...

It told me that 'the installer could not locate the correct version of
the software required to install this update'. I am using OS X v.
10.4.9.

Is this common?

Can anyone help at all? It would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello,
Then I would try
1. run verify/repair disk permitions from DISK UTILITY

2. to go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx
Download manually the *.dmg file Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.5 Update
And followed the instruction given there to install

3.  run verify/repair disk permitions from DISK UTILITY

If that will not help, try to delete file  "com.Microsoft.autoupdate.plist"
HOME /Library/Preferences

Then try update again

On 1.6.2007 13:01, in article
1180695677.543082.71920@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"chrismurphymusic@gmail.com" <chrismurphymusic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a problem yesterday trying to install the 11.3.5 update for
> Office 2004...
>
> It told me that 'the installer could not locate the correct version of
> the software required to install this update'. I am using OS X v.
> 10.4.9.
>
> Is this common?
>
> Can anyone help at all? It would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

On 6/1/07 4:01 AM, in article
1180695677.543082.71920@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com,
"chrismurphymusic@gmail.com" <chrismurphymusic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a problem yesterday trying to install the 11.3.5 update for
> Office 2004...
>
> It told me that 'the installer could not locate the correct version of
> the software required to install this update'. I am using OS X v.
> 10.4.9.
>
> Is this common?

It�s Office that it�s trying to find. It�s not common, but you are not
alone. There is no clear cut answer on how to fix this either.

Some things to try:

1.  Use �Remove Office�, reinstall from CD then try to update
2.  Apple the latest Apple Combo updater. Even though you might be updated
the combo updater can overwrite files that are corrupt. Combo updaters will
install on the same version as they�re applying--no need to roll back or do
a clean install.
3.  Test in a new User to see if running the updater will work there.
4. Last resort- Archive & Install
--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page

0
dross1571 (196)
6/1/2007 11:44:00 PM
I also have a problem with this update, with OS X 10.4.9. I can
download the update manually, apply it, and I get a message that it
was applied successfully. The application version shows 11.3.5.

When Software Updater runs (either manually or automatically), after
three minutes, the application is not responding, if I check in
ForceQuit.

Any ideas?
Noreen

On Jun 1, 7:01 am, chrismurphymu...@gmail.com wrote:
> I had a problem yesterday trying to install the 11.3.5 update for
> Office 2004...
>
> It told me that 'the installer could not locate the correct version of
> the software required to install this update'. I am using OS X v.
> 10.4.9.
>
> Is this common?
>
> Can anyone help at all? It would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris

0
nmpostman (1)