can't find normal.dot

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

Hello,

I need to delete my normal.dot file and I can't find it anywhere. I've had to do this before and I was able to find it in the templates folder, but I guess an update or two has changed that. Can anyone tell me where to find it? Spotlight says that it doesn't exist. But I have to be able to delete it. Is it called something different now?
0
sbvirgo15 (1)

If you're using Spotlight & searching for "Normal.dot" it's no wonder it
isn't being found - that isn't the correct name :-) it's simply "Normal"
without the ".dot" & you'll find it in User/Documents/Microsoft User Data:

http://word.mvps.org/mac/MacWordNormal.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/19/09 5:29 AM, in article 59b725bd.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"sbvirgo15@officeformac.com" <sbvirgo15@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004
> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> Hello,
>
> I need to delete my normal.dot file and I can't find it anywhere. I've had to
> do this before and I was able to find it in the templates folder, but I guess
> an update or two has changed that. Can anyone tell me where to find it?
> Spotlight says that it doesn't exist. But I have to be able to delete it. Is
> it called something different now?

Find in Scrolling window
Hi created a new dexterity window with search box and the scrolling window The search field in the scrolling window was index Non-Unique Index. Can somebody tell me where I am making mistake because it is not select the record if empty('(L) EmpSearch' of window EmployeeSearch) then warning "Please select a record first."; else set 'Frstname' of table EmpRate to '(L) EmpSearch'; get table EmpRate by number 1; {run script field 'Redisplay Button' of window 'EMP_LOOKUP';} fill window SCR_Employee from current by number 1; focus ...

Find and transpose adjacent values
Need code that does the following when run: List of dates start in a1:a300 In a1: "12/31/09" Adjacent Names in b1"larry", c1"curly", d1"moe" Dates in E1:N65 (range name "calendar") When code is run... If date in a1 is found in named range, paste & transpose values under date. ie. if date in a1 is found in E20, paste values "larry" in e21 paste values "curly" in e22 paste values "moe" in e23 J.W. Aldridge schrieb: > Need code that does the following when run: > > List of dat...

Finding duplicate records in Excel
I know how to find duplicate records in Access but, for a broad-range project that I shall be working on Excel, is the way I want to go. I shall be mergind data from various sources and I will want to find and eliminate duplicate entries. I did not find any answers under Google groups. Can someone point me to reference material(s) regarding this topic? KG http://www.contextures.on.ca/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm And from Google search...... http://snipurl.com/bjjc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:15:01 -0800, "KG" <...

can,t find my e-mail address
please help reply thank you "dc columbus robbins" <robbinsnest@localnet.com> wrote in message news:eJFE6ktBIHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > please help reply thank you This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You need to find a newsgroup for the software you are using. And, just for your information, you have to be a great deal more specific about what you are doing, and what is happening, if you expect anyone to be able to give you a helpful answer. "Can't find my e-mail address" doesn't tell ...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

find data in multiple open workbooks
Im looking to find data in multiple workbooks that are all opened at once. Is there a way of doing this? ...

Cnnot find help with Event ID 958
Error 1: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: Routing Engine/Service Event ID: 958 Date: 2004/01/20 Time: 15:51:09 User: N/A Computer: computername Description: Following master server DN appears to be pointing to a deleted object. This may prevent Exchange Routing Service from functioning properly. Please check your DS setting. <CN=NAME-WEB\0ADEL:e3ab4aa3-b6ad-4d8b-bb36- aa563fe97ec3,CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=Companyname,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=interfaces,DC=loca l> For m...

finding a cell of a particular color
Hi, I would like to make a SUMIF on cells formatted is some ways (font, background color, character color, ...) So it would only sum the cells that are written in dark blue for example. I hav searched but didn't find any function to test that, but I know there should be one because I can make a 'FIND' on those cells. Of course I'll have to know the color codes or names .. Thanks for your help, Xavier see response in programming -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) &qu...

Couldn't find MSVCR80.dll (required by...\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL)
This problem seems to be cropping up on computers that have the Office 12 Beta 2 installed. If an app is trying to write XML, it brings up an error that says "Executable 'C:\Projects\MyApp.exe' had the following unrecoverable error: Couldn't find MSVCR80.dll (required by C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE12\MSOXMLMF.DLL) Please ensure that it is installed." On my machne, I have uninstalled Office 11 and installed Office 12 Beta 2. I have .NET 2.0 and Visual Studio 2005. When I create a program that writes to an XML file, this error pops up...

Finding a specific piece of data across many workheets in a workbook
I have a series of worksheets within a workbook (i.e. Jan 04, Feb 04 Mar 04) with sales for each month listed as follows Purchae order (PO) Date, PO number, Customer, Manufacturer, PO amount, Invoice number Is there a way to have Excel look in all of the worksheets for a specific invoice number other than using the "find" feature worksheet by worksheet? In the options menu you may find that you can specify entire workbook as the search target - Depends on your version of Excel. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win X...

Finding INBOX file
Hello I am trying to recuperate my INBOX that I had under my W98 environment under Outlook Express. My ISP does a download of my INBOX from their server to my desktop. I know that Outlook stores the INBOX, OUTBOX, SENT ITEMS etc in a file but I cannot seem to locate it. Can you help me find this file and give me instructions on how can import it under my Outlook Express Win XP environment. Thanks "Gianni" said in news:c4f501c3ee62$9a3bc580$a301280a@phx.gbl: > Hello > > I am trying to recuperate my INBOX that I had under my > W98 environment under Outlook Ex...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

where can I find good books to learn access?
I've been told that my new goals for 2008 will be to learn access. Why my company would want the director of credit and risk management to learn it is beyond me. Any suggested reading will be appreciated. Thank you Tony Maybe they want you to move from the dark side into enlighenment! ;-) Before learning Access, I highly recommend that you learn basic database design. Think of it as something like learning English before using Word. "Database Design for Mere Mortals" by Hernandez is a very good book for this purpose. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Str...

Find Option
Hi My Find (search) option is not working. Any ideas please ? OE 6 What's not working, exactly? mackay wrote: > My Find (search) option is not working. > > Any ideas please ? > > OE 6 In my Outlook Express system there is a "Find" feature. This is like a search system which allows one to find emails sent and received in the past by inputting the name of the sender/receiver or part of a message or subject name. Mine is not working. Mackay "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote: > What's not working, exactly? > &...

find #5
is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a user can enter certain criterias and then they click search and the computer searches thorough the data in the workbook and then sends back all the results matching the criteria? In xl2002+, you can specify "within workbook" under the options button on the find dialog. In all versions, you could use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/ ash wrote: > > is it possible to add a find box in2 a sheet so that a > user can enter certain criterias and then they click > search and the computer s...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

off topic - download posts
Hi, I am trying to find some old posts, how do I get them back in OE? I am choosing to download headers right now. "The Punisher" <Punisher@Avenge.Com> wrote in news:uTypPMc9FHA.3416 @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl: > I am trying to find some old posts, how do I get them back in OE? > I am choosing to download headers right now. Use the archives in my signature... Regards, -- Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

How do I find all my old threads in here?
Is there a place where you can see all its previous threads? Hi Rasmus, If you use a newsreader like Windows Mail or Outlook Express, it's a simple matter of clicking on the 'From' column and scrolling down. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Rasmus" <Rasmus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ADEF95A-BBE0-4D9F-9290-B46FC88E24C1@microsoft.com... > Is there a place where you can see all its previous threads? Hi, Yes. You can old threads for a limited time period by performing the following steps. 1. If you are...

Is it possible to find multiple data?
We have a small lotterysyndicate in work which is all logged onto an excel spreadsheet. Is it possible to search all numbers and all occurances at once, rather than individually? Ie - we have 15 lines of 6 numbers each - can i search for all 6 numbers drawn, across all 15 lines in one go? Im sure this must be possible - just dont know how. Thanks -- stewwie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stewwie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37128 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid...

[VC8] Linker can't find libc.lib
Hi, I've got a few projects converted from VC6 to VC8 for which the linker says it can't find libc.lib. I think that's the non-mt version. Does VC8 not ship the non-mt version? The run-time library is already set to Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd). What setting do I need to change? I recently converted a bunch of projects going from VC6 to VS2005 and did not have this particular issue. I am assuming you opened the dsp file in VS2005 for the conversion. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I found this: http://www.mail-archive.com/msvc@beginthread.com/msg01965.html -----...

Find out how many records in a SQL Table
Hello, how can I find out how many records are in a SQL Table. I used MFC Recordsets Do you have an idea ? Thanks Andreas Just the rough idea: recordset->Open("select * from table"); recordset->GetRecordCount(); "Andreas Warning" <andy41@gmx.net> wrote in message news:O5tXVgOpKHA.1548@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > how can I find out how many records are in a SQL Table. > > I used MFC Recordsets > > Do you have an idea ? > > Thanks > Andreas > Andreas Warning wrote: > Hello, ...

Advanced Find and reports 02-27-06
I have a requirement to create a report (via Advanced Find) that includes the Resolution information. I have looked under Edir/Add Columns, but it is not listed. Any ideas? When you are in your advanced find, are you using Contacts in the "Look For" to start your search? Chris "AndyH" <AndyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE45046C-0695-4872-92A2-536EC1D1162D@microsoft.com... > > I have a requirement to create a report (via Advanced Find) that includes > the Resolution information. I have looked under Edir/Add Columns, but it > i...

How many rows are occupied by data: How to find that?
Hello, I am using Excel automation in my vbasic project. I wonder whether there is a workbook (or worksheet) property returning number of rows occupied by data. If not, what will be the best method to find that number? Jack I tried to use: moExcelWS.Rows.Count but it does not work. What else? "Jack" <replyto@it> wrote in message news:%23UJ1izdVHHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using Excel automation in my vbasic project. > I wonder whether there is a workbook (or worksheet) property returning > number of rows occupied by data...

Finding Windows Product Key in MFC
Hello, Currently I am writing an application that requires querying Windows to see what the Windows product key is (that is the 25 character alpha numeric product key, NOT the product id). Currently, I have done research at many of the major development sites (CodeProject,CodeGuru) and googled it without any luck. Does anyone know how to retrieve the Windows product key via MFC/WIN32? Sincerely, James Simpson President Straightway Technologies Inc. I doubt the product key would be stored somewhere. I think the scope of the windows product key is limited to the windows installer.It c...