can't customize toolbar

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

all i see is document elements, quick tables, charts and smartart graphics. i do not see the main menu or the toolbar button. when i attempt to customize the toolbar, the to menu bar and format bar do not appear where they should. on a website i visited, they advised that i drag and drop the temporary toolbar into the real toolbar. but i can't drag and drop the toolbar. i can only move the temporary toolbar. how do i add the menu bar and format bar for go?
0
elmoluv91 (1)

You may have hidden the toolbar by accident. Click on the tiny pill-shaped
button in the upper-right corner of the document window to bring the
toolbars back. Once they are visible, you should be able to customise them.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP - Macintosh

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)

custom toolbar not saved
i have a problem i have made a custom toolbar and some buttons on it then i assign macros to the buttons when i reinstalled office 2003 the custorm toolbar disappeared i have read in form that save the file in xlb format but when i save or export file as personal.xlb there is no option of xlb or how can i export or save as personal.xlb what i do regards A .xlb extension indicates a Toolbar file, but, AFAIK, it is created by the program when you customize toolbars/menus. You might want to check out the Help Topic "Use custom toolbars from earlier Excel versions" Make backup ...

Custom Draw Tree clips text
Hi all, I have a class CMyTreeView derived from CTreeView. I am handling NM_CUSTOMDRAW and seting a different font for the tree items. However, the text for several of the items is clipped--apparently, the text rectangle is smaller than required to show the full text. This seems to be the problem described in the following MSDN article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/commctls/custdraw/custdraw.asp They recommend sending the message CCM_SETVERSION to work around this problem. However, I cannot find the definition of CCM_SETVERSION anywhere! ...

How to allow discount taken amount in customer statement
Dear All, I have created a customized customer satement with columns debit, credit and running balance but some payments has been issued to cusomers as discount amounts and these discount amounts are storing in seperate field as "discount taken amount" in receivable open table (RM20101). So in this case how to calculate these discount taken amounts in the report, should I deduct this discount from debit or from credit kidnly provide sollution on this. Your immediate reply will be a great help! Thanks in advacne. -- Developer Dear Dev, If it were me, I would name the debit ...

Customizing look-and-feel of wizards
Hi! I have an application written in VC++ that uses wizards to get input from the user. ( the wizards are implemented by using CPropertySheet.SetWizardMode() ) My question is, how can I customize the buttons inserted by the VC++ framework (back, next, finish, help, etc.) by replacing them for example with a custom button-control? Thanks very much in advance! - David Just a shot in the dark here. Have you tried subclassing the button controls for example: BOOL CMyPropertySheet::OnInitDialog() { CPropertySheet::OnInitDialog(); m_MyOK.SubclassDlgItem(IDOK,this); m_MyOK.ModifyS...

Custom Recipient Addition
How many smtp email addresses can be put in one custom recipient? I need to add 200 different addresses as custom recipients. I don't want to have to create 200 different custom recipients. Our network is Excg.5.5, Nt4.0. On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 07:27:02 -0800, "mikee" <mikee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How many smtp email addresses can be put in one custom recipient? I need to >add 200 different addresses as custom recipients. I don't want to have to >create 200 different custom recipients. Our network is Excg.5.5, Nt4.0. In 5.5 you'd typically...

Custom Comment Position
I noticed that when you edit comment you can sellect its position and next time you edit it its on same position, although when its show its alway's on upper right part of cell, can you somehow use position you set while edited it when displaying comment? Whenever a cell is commented & the cell moves by adding / deleting rows, the edit comment position changes. Even when one formats the comment by selecting 'move with cell' Any solution / setting please. -- Anil - Mumbai - India "John3005" wrote: > I noticed that when you edit comment you can sellect...

Laptop client sync of custom progrm
Hi all, We have created some custom programs and put the files for this custom program on the CRM server. But it will not work on the Laptop clients, because they access a local web server. I have to install all programs locally, and update the local web.config. is there a way to make this synchronization automatically? any help would be most appreciated. Chen ...

Combining duplicate customers
Is it possible to combine duplicate customers in RMS SO? What about in HQ? Is purchase history combined? Thanks, Dan Rishworth dan@endurosport.com -- Dan Rishworth Enduro Sport, Inc. Tel: 416-449-0432 x26 http://www.endurosport.com/ Dan, The only way I know to combine customers is via New West Tech's "Customer Merge", which they developed for us. I like it. It retains the History while additionally merging the different pieces on the customer record, like if one has phone and one has address, etc. I do not know of any other way, but maybe someone out here does. Jeff.....

Shortcut for Filter- Custom Autofilter
I use Custom Autofilter (Autofilter-pull down-custom...)on daily basis. Is there a way I can create shortcut or toolbar for this command? Thanks Hi Eileen Not that I know of. But maybe you like my Filter ADD-in to do what you want http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Eileen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:951101c4d447$76cc17f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I use Custom Autofilter (Autofilter-pull down-custom...)on > daily basis. Is there a way I can create shortcut or > toolbar for this...

Publisher 2007 custom paper size question
Multiple Questions about Page Sizes - 1. How do I delete/remove unused page size files/objects? 2. How do I revise an existing page size file/object without creating a new page size file/object? There is a drop down in the page size, you can click delete. You can only delete one at a time. The built-in page setups will have the delete dimmed, you cannot accidently delete them. I don't think you can revise a page with creating a new file. I've had as many as 20 new size setups created when I am trying to figure out stuff. Publisher 2007 page setup is an adventure. -- Mary Saue...

Customer Deposits on Sales Order Not Going to Correct Site
GP 8.0, SQL We have one company, two sites. Deposits for each site should go to the specific GL customer deposit account for that site. However, it appears that it is only possible to have one GL customer deposit account and orders from both sites post deposits to that account. We would like the site to determine which GL account the deposit is posted to (the same way it works for cash and sales accounts). However, the only input for customer deposits that I have found is under Posting Accounts and in which case there is only one account. There is not a customer deposit account under...

[Adding custom CTreeCtrl to dialog in vc7.1]
Dear All, I have a class, CNewTreeCtrl (inherits from CTreeCtrl), that I want to place on my dialog in a drag-and-drop fashion like the default avaiable controls. If I add a "custom control" and then change the "class" property to CNewTreeCtrl, it does not work. I also tried to add a variable by right-clicking the custom control area. The variable is added fine, but I get many assertions on startup. I can see the IDE has inserted an extra line to DoDataExchange(), but that is all. Does somebody know a good guide for this problem? Thanks in advance -Thorsten Thorsten ...

Saving Custom Toolbars
When I creat a custom toolbar with certain components (e.g. delete, custom flag, etc...) when I close Outlook and reopen its changed (missing components) or sometimes blank. I constantly must reinsert the components manually. Is there a way to save it permanantly or longer? Also can a toolbars be rearranged and saved so it doesn't take up a new line? Thanks Kita ...

My Custom toolbar is missing
Hi guys I have a problem with my custom toolbar. After some time my custom toolbar disappear and I have to create another one. I think that this happens after some Excel crash. Is there any way to save and restore these custom toolbars? Where are they stored? Is there a way to transfer my custom toolbar from one computer to the other? My Excel is version 2000. Thanks in advance, Yakimo Toolbar customizations are stored in an *.xlb file. It should have a name like excel8.xlb or excel.xlb or username.xlb You can search your drive for it as it is stored in different places based on the ...

Labels in a toolbar
Hi, There is a toolbar of the class: ToolbarWindow32 that I have a handle to. There are no buttons on it, but there are labels on two rows, is there a way I can retrieve the label texts? Thanks, Ickis ...

Prospects and customer should be linked
Prospects and customer tables should be linked so that they you can't have the same id for a customer and a prospect - once it is used it should be unavailable. Thanks Susan ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Customer Summary Enquiry
Using GP 9 customer summary enquiry (enquiry>sales>customer summary) doesn’t include returns on its computation, if this is kwon issue? Hi Shabnam, I'm not seeing that problem. I'm using the US version, but what is the title of the window you are seeing the problem in? Kind regards, Leslie "Shabnam" wrote: > Using GP 9 customer summary enquiry (enquiry>sales>customer summary) doesn’t > include returns on its computation, if this is kwon issue? ...

Commas and other separator characters in Custom Text Fields
I am working on a proposal. This means an individual can be responsible for several paragraphs in the statement of work (SOW). I pasted SOW paragraph numbers separated by commas into a text field. No problem. Here is the text I want to paste: 3.2.7, 3.2.7.1, 3.2.7.1.1, 3.2.7.1.2, 3.2.7.2, 3.2.7.2.1, 3.7.2.2.2 However, when I made the text field a Custom Field, Project 2007 stripped off everything after the first comma. Is there any way to make this work in a custom field? Thanks in advance. The text from your post pasted perfectly to Project 2007 for me in the Tex...

Live Communications Server
I ran ADC a two way Priamry CA from my Exchange 5.5 site to AD and noticed that every user in the AD who had live comm configured showed up in Exchange 5.5 as a custom recipient in addition to their mailbox. Obviously I had to turn off the Connection Agreement and nuke the CR from Exchange 5.5. Has somebody experienced this before and can help explain why this happened? Thanx Greg Draz Check the following link: ADC Creates Duplicate Accounts in Exchange Server 5.5 and Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;288578 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.micr...

Toolbars in VS2008 ?
Having acquired and installed VS2008, changed all my manifests to refer to MFC and CRT version 9, and rebuilt my program, the first obvious problem is the appearance of the tool bars (using common controls 6). The buttons (under Vista) have gone bluey-grey but the grippers are still the flat old grey it looks awful together - you can see what I mean at http://www.mozart.co.uk/questions/toolbars.gif Is there a cure? BTW I also created a simple new test MFC MDI project with VS2008. In that case, the toolbar has old-fashioned grey buttons, but a cc6 styled gripper!!! See http://ww...

Import Custom recipients
Hi, I've just used exmerge to migrate mailboxes from Exch 5.5 to Exch 2003, but there are heaps of custom recipients also. I've exported them from Exch 5.5 to a csv file. Is there any way to import them into Exch 2003? TIA Phil HOW TO: Use Csvde to Import Contacts and User Objects into Active Directory http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q327620#3 -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included s...

Reading custom-defined resource
Hello group, I have created a custom-defined resource for my application by adding the following to my .rc file: NAME_WIDTH TYPE_CUSTOM BEGIN 0x4321 END where NAME_WIDTH is the ID name of the resource and TYPE_CUSTOM is the type of the resource. Now, what I want is to read the value 0x4321 from my application. How can I do this? I know that for a string resource, I can call CString::LoadString(IDS_MYSTRING), for example, to get the string resource identified by IDS_MYSTRING. How can I do it for my custom-defined resource to get its value? A sample code or any other reference wi...

Collections Management -add Customer PO Number to collection lette
I work with several installations that need to reference their customer's PO number when talking with their customers. One of these installations recently decided to add Collections Management. We're disappointed that we cannot pull the Customer PO Number onto their collection letters. What they're doing for now is always sending the customer statement (which has been modified to show the Customer PO Number from their SOP invoices) everytime they send a collection letter. Our suggestion would be to make the Customer PO Number be available to use on collection letters. ----...

Custom border art inactive since upgrading from XP to Vista
I can no longer create custom border art since moving from XP to Vista. Anyone any idea? Vista hasn't anything to do with creating Border Art. If the image is simple enough you should be able to create a custom border. Its only when you try to use a complex image that you will get an error. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "confused publicist" <confused publicist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7504C76B-4EED-41D1-82E4-829B59B5CCD4@microsoft.com... >I can no longer create custom border art since moving from XP to Vista. > Anyone any idea? ...

Customizing ISV.CONFIG
Hi I need to custumize The "Account Left Nav Bar" working with ISV.CONFIG I need to add a link to a site, but the system gives an error if the url contains "&" ie: Url=http://www.msn.com?parameter1=1&parameter2=2 How can I handle this ? I think you can encode it with an "&amp;". "Sebastiano Castrini" <[remove this]castrini@libero.it> wrote in message news:OfwqztphDHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I need to custumize The "Account Left Nav Bar" working with ISV.CONFIG > I need to add a link to a site, ...