Can OfficeX open MS Publisher files?

Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or
translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing
that I really miss and need when working back and forth
between my G4 and PC files.

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 15:06:23 -0700, "Natalie"
<natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote:

>Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or
>translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing
>that I really miss and need when working back and forth
>between my G4 and PC files.

AFAIK you're SOL...

("As far as I know you're shit outta luck")

to open Publisher files you need Publisher and it's Windows-only.
Mostly because the worst POS page-layout program on the Mac blows Pub
completely out of the water... uh, (looks where he's posting) but
anyway, I've already requisitioned a Windows box for my Mac workgroup
so I can run Pub and open and print the files... so we can convert
them into Quark layouts. Heh.
0
forge1 (1)
9/29/2003 2:56:35 AM
Hi Natalie,

People using Publisher who want to share their documents with Macintosh
users should use a file format common to both platforms, such as Rich Text
Format (.rtf).

There is no version of Publisher available for Macintosh, so native
Publisher files are useless.

More robust industry standard programs, such as Adobe InDesign and Quark
Express, are able to handle page layout and make files that are cross
platform.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in:
<http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm>

----------
In article <116e01c3860c$c1681820$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Natalie"
<natalie@mcgrathalaska.net> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a way that OfficeX can open or
> translate files created in Publisher? It is the one thing
> that I really miss and need when working back and forth
> between my G4 and PC files.

MS Money 95 data files

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Planned Open Market Days

cant start outlook pst file to large

Where is the workspace file stored?

can't customize toolbar

Opening Excel Workbooks

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

opening .bak file

Can anyone help ?