Can not empty clipboard #2

I have started getting a strange message in several of my MAC Office
products including Word and Excel that says Can Not Empty Clipboard.  I
also can not copy and paste in any program including Safari.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
harper6702

Reboot and then run Disk Utility Repair Permissions.

The clipboard is a file.  I suspect it has overflowed or become corrupted.

The reboot may take a long time: during a reboot, Unix cleans out its
temporary files, and that may fix the issue...

If it doesn't, I have no idea :-)

On 16/11/06 2:17 PM, in article
1163647035.202984.70550@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com,

--

Please reply to the newsgroup to maintain the thread.  Please do not email
me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie <john@mcghie.name>
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh.  Business Analyst, Consultant
Technical Writer.
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

0
john7143 (1072)

Problem sending #2
When i send mail out in Outlook Express it gets delivered but it does not get logged into the send folder. I checked the options folder to have the mail placed in the send folder afer being sent. I get a error message after it is sent. Anyone know what this could be? Thanks awosolu@bellsouth.net <awosolu@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When i send mail out in Outlook Express it gets delivered but it does > not get logged into the send folder. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Be sure to include the exact text of the error message. -- Brian Tillman ...

macro help #2
I have a workbook with 52 sheets (52 weeks). In cell A1 I have a week number "1", "2" etc. I want the sheets to change their names according to that number, i.e. "Group #.... and the number is taken from A1. How do I do this? This is the workbook that gives me a list of people on vacation on a given week. I have everything else worked out just want to rename those tabs so next year when I enter group # in A1 on the first sheet it will change the all the names of tabs according to it (I have to update this manually every year because it not always starts with group #1)....

How can we implement Real State management in MSCRM ?
I want to build Real State management in MSCRM. Can anybody help me out about from where to start on it or from where can i get any information on it? ...

PUBLISHER 97 #2
Hi. I have a problem - my original MS Pub 97 CD was 'crunched' (400pces) by an overspeeding drive. After reinstalling - and using other versions (Pub 98 / 2000) the rsponse I keep getting is "Publisher cannot open files from a different version"??? Does anyone have a similar experience, or a solution? Thanks (in advance) for your help. Smithy Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Smithy <nlpcntre@singnet.com.sg> > I have a problem - my original MS Pub 97 CD was 'crunched' > (400pces) by an overspeedin...

why does Equal sign not appear on the formula bar #2
next to the function button as it did in Excel 2000?? Why did they create this function wizard and make things more cumbersome?? Only the developers know why they did away with this in Excel 2002 and 2003. The return of this feature is on the wishlist for the next version. Adoption and Implementation of features on the wishlist is a whole 'nother matter. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:17:06 -0800, pvmonsour <pvmonsour@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >next to the function button as it did in Excel 2000?? Why did they create >this function wizard and ma...

Can I split Office Prof 2003 Apps between Computers & put Access on seperate PC?
We have Office 2003 Professional which includes Access 2003. Can I install all the Office app's except Access on one PC and install Access on a seperate PC? Reason is we just bought Access 2007 upgrade and want to put Access over on a different computer so we can build Access Apps on one PC and then deploy them with the Runtime file on our other PC's. Thanks for any help. Check with Microsoft Licensing, but I'd guess not. Im sure it's physically possible, but the activation is for the entire suite. http://mslicense.com/default.aspx -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP...

Can't print a group of spreadsheets Excel 2003
I use to be able to group spreadsheets and print the group in Excel 97. When I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, it ungroups the spreadsheets and will just print the first worksheet. It works fine for me (xl2003). Any chance your fingers slipped? Or you have a macro running that controls your printing? DebbyD wrote: > > I use to be able to group spreadsheets and print the group in Excel 97. When > I try to do the same thing in Excel 2003, it ungroups the spreadsheets and > will just print the first worksheet. -- Dave Peterson ...

NameLocal Property #2
I'm trying to create a localized name with the NameLocal property in the French version of Excel but it doesn't work. If I do the following: Names.Add Name:="Period", NameLocal:="P�riode", RefersTo:="=Test!$C:$C" NameLocal will have the same value as Name, that is "Period". Thanks! ...

Conditional formatting using indirect reference and "AND" #2
When the folowing formulae are entered into a cell in excel... This yeild the value "false": =AND(L1>INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AD4), 4,TRUE,"data")),L1<INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AE4), 4,TRUE,"data"))) This yields the value "true": =AND(M1>INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AD4), 4,TRUE,"data")),M1<INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW($A4),COLUMN($AE4), 4,TRUE,"data"))) When the same are used in conditional formatting, there is no change in appearance of one cell or the other. I am trying to format conditionally some cel...

Can't sign in for updates
Money no longer recognizes my Windows Live ID signon. I can get into my Money file, but no online services are available. It refuses my login to Windows Live. I know it's not MS's Windows Live servers, because I can still get into my Hotmail account. What's happening? Oh, I just saw Cal's post about a scheduled outage. Funny too, because I looked for similar problems before I posted. I must be going blind... "Paul Pedersen" <nospam@no.spam> wrote in message news:uZBXLt80IHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Money no longer recognizes my Windows Live...

CRM 1.2 SDK?
Hi Group, These two sentences are from CRM 1.2 SDK Documentation: - A user can share business objects with a team or can assign business objects to a team. - The Microsoft CRM application does not support business- object assignment to teams. ....on the same page! Am I missing something? Ivan Celeketic I have not verified this but what this means that while the system allows a user to share business objects with a team the SDK does not allow you to achieve this programatically "ivan celeketic" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:568501c3e4f5$53...

How can I set up a template for roommate expenses?
A B C D E 1 Utilities Food Cable Total 2 Joe 5 5 15 =sum(B2:D2) 3 John 5 5 15 =sum(B3:D3) 4 Jim 5 5 15 =sum(B4:D4) 5 Jerry 5 5 15 =sum(B5:D5) HTH, Gary Brown "In charge of the bills" <In charge of the bills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A506CDD6-D3C9-42F1-A025-A08BF398428D@microsoft.com... > Thank you, Gary! This is very helpful. I appreciate this very much. "I...

Can you add a field in the body of a text box
I'm trying to use a REPORT in Access to generate a letter. Can I have a field display in the body of the text box? For ex: if my field is [total] can I have something like "Our records indicate your total purchases are [total] and your total expenses are..." thanks! The answer to your question is NO! However you can do what you want by storing phrase in a table: TblPhrase PhraseID Phrase Where the first Phrase record is "Our records indicate your total purchases are" and the second Phrase record is "and your total expenses are...". The...

corrupt .pst = can view but not copy messages to new .pst
Hi, i had a hard disk fail while outlook 2003 was open. The .pst got corrupted but i managed to recover it and transfer it to a new machine and ran scanpst.exe on it. Some data was lost but most of my messages are intact. I can view *all* of my messages just fine and reply or forward them etc. But I cannot move or copy a lot of them at all to a new 'clean' .pst. When i try moving or copying these messages, i get a "Can't move the items. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" error box. I have tried exporting the individual...

Share Calendar #2
My wife and I have Outlook 2003 and have a simple home network. Can we share each others Contacts and Calendar? Regards you need a 3rd party tool http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messag...

The operation failed. An object could not be found #2
I just bought a new computer that has Outlook 2003 installed on it, and would prefer to use this as my default email program. However, after setting up my email account in Outlook when I try to send and receive email I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found". I have already tried deleting the .srs files due to another thread suggested that, and I have tried deleting the current profile and created a new one. Neither option has helped. Any suggestions to fix this would be appreciated. David wrote: > I just bought a new computer that has Out...

Cache Mode #2
If this is a bug if user cannot set " Out of Office " when the user is using cache mode ? Ed Ed [MCT] <edward@sawed.net> wrote: > If this is a bug if user cannot set " Out of Office " when the user > is using cache mode ? It may not be a bug, but it's unusual. Speak to the people who administer the Exchange server. -- Brian Tillman In news:OLgL8DXAHHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl, Ed [MCT] <edward@sawed.net> typed: > If this is a bug if user cannot set " Out of Office " when the user > is using cache mode ? > > Ed OOF ...

Retrieve unique items with 2 criteria (USING SUMPRODUCT)
This question was posted before but the solution proposed used different functions. I would like to insist. Is there a modification to the formula below, using SUMPRODUCT, that allows to retrieve the number of unique itens that meet a 2nd criteria? Original formula: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A20<>"")/COUNTIF(A1:A20,A1:A20&"")) In my case, I need the numbers of unique branches (column B) that meet a specifc criteria in another column (M). So, I have the formula: =SUMPRODUCT((all!$B$2:$B$5514<>"")/COUNTIF(all!$B$2:$B$5514,all!$B$2:$B$5514&...

How can I only the cells showing by a filter?
If I select to copy a filtered list of cells and pasted to another app, only the visible cell contents got copied. If I pasted to another excel sheet, all hidden cells got copied as well. How can I only copy filtered cells within Excel? Thanks! Excel should paste just the filtered data between sheets. I don't know why it doesn't for you. Which version of Excel are you running? I tested on 2003 version. A workaround would be....................... F5>Special>Visible cells only>OK Copy and paste. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:54:03 -0800, Pin...

Publisher 2002 #2
Does any one have a copy of publisher 2002? The majority of users here have a copy of Publisher 2002 - don't you? What is your major malfunction? -- ...

How can l automate colours in a graph
Macros have been setup within excel so l can dump data into it and all the graphs update. There are colors assigned to certain categories however when you dump new data in we can't keep the colour we want with its category. The data is dumped from Access into excel Hi cbr1000, Not sure what you want to do, but if you are willing to use VBA you colud look at the 'Conditional Chart Formatting' example at http://www.edferrero.com/charting.aspx Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com > Macros have been setup within excel so l can dump data into it and all the > graphs update....

Can not login at customers site with Crystal
I am at a customer site and can not use the Crystal special data source for CRM. Each time I try to login with the correct address on their network and a different user name as the data source allows you to do, I receive an error saying the user can not be authenticated. I submit the user in the form domain\username with the correct password. Has any one else run into this problem, as a solutions partner? Wanted to add, I am using my laptop which is not normally in this customers domain. >-----Original Message----- >I am at a customer site and can not use the Crystal >spe...

Can I change text in Pop-Up Boxes for chart items?
I know that I can change the data labels, but I have hundreds of items in the xy chart and want to be able to scroll over a xy data point and have text show instead of the xy coordinates. Thanks! Hi mike, Check out Tushar Metha's Hover Chart Label addin. http://www.tushar-mehta.com/ Cheers Andy mike wrote: > I know that I can change the data labels, but I have > hundreds of items in the xy chart and want to be able to > scroll over a xy data point and have text show instead of > the xy coordinates. Thanks! -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope....

Sort Macro #2
I would like to build a sort macro that allows a user to click on the column header(like a hyperlink) and have the excel spread sheet update to that sort. Instead of the user going up and using the tool sort function. Similar to how microsoft outlook would update the sort when you click on date. In the excel case I would really be clicking on cell A1 or A2, etc. right click sheet tab>view code>insert this>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) [SortRange].Sort Key1:=Cells(1, activecell.column), _ Order1:=xlAscending,Orientation:=x...

How can I install Office 97 on a computer with Windows7?
I tried to install Office 97 on my Windows-7 machine, but keep getting error messages and programs abruptly closing (e.g., when I try to print a Word document). Is there a way to get Office 97 successfully installed on this machine? I need to generate documents and send them to people whose latest version of Office is 97. Hardly likely, so what wrong with using eg Office 2003 and saving docs in the old format? "jhbryan" <jhbryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57657347-B07B-47A0-843C-A8ECF31FA4E0@microsoft.com... > I tried to install Offi...