Can I run proprietary Windows Software on Remote Desktop?

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Power PC

I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac Mini. I am taking a course that requires a minimum of Windows XP or Vista. Can I install the course software on Remote Desktop so that I can use it to take this class, or is this just for using MS Office programs?

Also, what is the cost of this service?
0
boyerml (1)

On 3/24/08 12:03 PM, in article ee95dbc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"boyerml@officeformac.com" <boyerml@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
> Processor: Power PC
>
> I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac Mini. I am taking a course that requires a minimum
> of Windows XP or Vista. Can I install the course software on Remote Desktop so
> that I can use it to take this class, or is this just for using MS Office
> programs?
>
> Also, what is the cost of this service?
Remote Desktop Connection lets your Mac connect to a real PC and see the
PC's desktop on your Mac. You would have to install the software on a PC to
use it with remote desktop. There is no cost for Remote Desktop Connection.
If you mean Virtual PC, to allow PC software to run on your Mac, you will
have to purchase Virtual PC and a copy of Windows XP or Vista. You will need
to talk to your local Microsoft Representative to determine pricing.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)

Run-time error'1004 using PasteSpecial #2
Dave, Thank you very much. Yes you guessed correctly on what m "ActivateNextBlankDown" did. As you can see by my sloppy coding, I' still trying to learn. Most of my coding is just recording macros an then trying to parse out the parts I don't need. I use Ron de Bruin' Google search alot and copy and paste pieces together to make the work. Your solution works great and many thanks for your pithy lessons, suc as not needing to select a range to sort it. I really like this VBA stuff and I spend as much time as I can tryin to learn, but I'm an old construction estimator...

Need old Money 3.0 software
I moved to a new PC and have been having fits with Microsoft Money 2003. My current files are in Money 3.0 (vintage 1994) but I can no find the original diskettes to reinstall until I finish making the transition. I have the manual, but cannot find the 3.5" diskettes. Seems there were two or three. I like to either download the software for a reinstall or get some replacement diskettes. One other option is if I could just figure out the right files to copy from the old Win 98SE machine to the new Win XP Pro machine. Any help greatly appreciated! Well, the first question is: why...

How can I print to email?
I want to send the results from some sheets to people who do not have Excel. If I attach the XLS file, it will be useless to anyone without Excel. I basically want to send what I see on a printout to a printer or Fax. Any ideas? Is there a way to setup email as a printer? This will enable me to use the same method for Word, Powerpoint and other products without caring about the recepients software. Jim Hi Jim You can send the text in the body of the mail I don't know what Excel version you use and which mail program? Or let them download the free Excel viewer You can view and ...

Money Can't Set up a Mortgage Right!
I have issues with Money 2003. I bought a house Nov 2003. I set up the mortgage account and tell it my purchase date. It starts the loan 1/1/2004 because it assumes I have paid Nov interest at closing and won't owe anything until 1/1/2004. This screws up my net worth reports because I had a home asset in Nov 03, but the loan liability doesn't appear until Jan 04. Broken! I can't seem to set the loan date to force it to recognize the Nov loan beginning date. What to do?? Thanks, Ben Money starts the loan in 1/1/2004 because that's the date you told it the first payment...

how can I show leading zeros in excel
I am trying to input some numeric data into a spreadsheet, some of the entries have leading zeros, every time I move to the next cell, Excel changes the data by removing the leading zeros. I have tried reformating the cells in question in Number & General, both give me the same problem. Can somebody please help. Using Excel 2002. Thanks. You could either format the cell as Text (then type your data) or you can start with an apostrophe '000123 or you can use a custom format: Format|cells|number tab custom in the type box, put as many 0's as you want 000000 The first two op...

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Disabling F1 key's Windows Help Function
We'll I guess the title says it all :) Just curious if there is an easy way to disable F1 from always trying to bring up Window's help whenever it is hit within the program. I find it more than a little annoying because even in my program where (I thought) I was capturing all keystrokes for a keyDown event (I added UINT MyClass:OnGetDlgCode() { return DLGC_WANTARROWS|DLGC_WANTALLKEYS|DLGC_WANTCHARS; } Hmmm, so can I add something else to this line perhaps (going to check on this now) in order to catch ALL keystrokes (or at least add something so windows help function will be di...

Can Function results be calculated?
Hi all I have a sheet with two columns of figures. I show the running totals of each column in cells with basic SUM Functions, at the top of the sheet. I now want to subtract one total from the other. How is this done? As the Function is looking at cells that themselves hold Functions, I can't see how to do this, short of making a longer Function that adds the column contents again and then subtracts. So, in summary: I have two cells with Functions. These are: Cell F4 =SUM(F8:F45) and Cell G4 =SUM(G8:G45) I want to do this: =F4-G4 but it won't play. Any advice most appreciated....

How can I initialize the value?
template < class elemType > class MyArray { public: explicit MyArray( int size = DefaultArraySize ); MyArray( elemType *array, int array_size ); MyArray( const MyArray &rhs ); virtual ~MyArray() { delete [] ia; } bool operator==( const MyArray& ) const; bool operator!=( const MyArray& ) const; MyArray& operator=( const MyArray& ); int size() const { return _size; } virtual elemType& operator[](int index) { return ia[index]; } virtual void sort(); virtual elemType min() cons...

How can I list active OWA users
We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Thanks in advance MikeC MikeC <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have two front end Exchange servers running Exchange 2003. I need to list >the active OWA connections on each server. What is the best way to do this? Use WMI? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: ma...

Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" me
Hi All, My Windows Live Messenger doesn't "remember" my username/ID. I click remember me and then when having signed off I restart it or the computer again, it doesn't "remember" me. Help! ...

Can I protect Livemail on laptop with a password ?
I "download" all my email from Yahoo server and work with it under Livemail on laptop. Laptop is going for a warranty repair - I will have to give the repairer my windows user password which means they will have access to my livemail messages, contacts ec - can I further protect my email in any way while laptop is out of my hands ? "Croz" <Croz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCD9FA83-09D0-430C-AE26-4AA406D488CD@microsoft.com... > I "download" all my email from Yahoo server and work with it under Livemail on laptop. > Lapt...

Can I use VBA to add cells (over blanks) then do multiplication
I have a Word table in which the last column contains numbers (3 and 4) and some bank cells and I want it add them and put the total into the second last row (7 in this case). The last row contains a multiplier (3) which when applied to the total results in 21. Below is the table. | | | 3 | | | | | | | | 4 | | | | 7 | | | 3 |21| How can I achieve this in VBA (under Word 2003 and 2007) remembering that the user can add rows to the table and the last column can contain blank cells. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Peter Evans Sub ScratchMaco(...

Windows Live Mail (news)?
Hi, I am only using WLM and nothing else from Windows Live-id I see that on my PC there is also WLM(news). First question: How can i remove it ? Second question: I see that after start-up (or after stand-by) and immediately going to WLM often my connection to my provider fails ? Although and immediate connection with IE8 never fails and is very quick. Waiting a few seconds to activate WLM is aways ok and messages are read normally. Who can give any advice? Regards Huib Alt + T, Options, Connection, uncheck Hang up after sending and receiving. -- Ron Somm...

How can I access my documents on OW free trial ?
When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is locked. How can I get roung this? If it's locked, you either haven't activated your copy of Office, or your trial period ended in which case you will have to pay for it. Yves "Ben" <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F75A123-D010-4B85-AA39-838E567413E6@microsoft.com... > When i receive a doc. I cannot alter it because it tells me the doc. is > locked. How can I get roung this? ...

How can you show the new items in a refreshed document?
When refreshing a spreadsheet that is pulling information from a different database, is there a way to highlight the new lines? ...

Can Import Email Data Filed from Office XP to Office 2003
My HD failed but I had a backup of my Office XP Pro personal file folder with a lot of emails I needed. The file is about 128MB in size. I put a new HD in and installed Office 2003 Pro. When I go to open the old file Outlook 2003 says that the file "is not a personal folders file". (It was backed up to a CD ROM prior to the crash so the source file should be good.) I really don't want to uninstall Office 2003 and put back Office XP. Any idea why 2003 won't open the file and how to work around that? Many thanks in advance to anyone who knows the solution. Alan. The only pro...

Can I import addresses from Blackberry into Outlook 2010?
Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at a minumum, but perhaps also messages. Most PDA software will offer an option to synchronize with Outlook. Ask Blackberry if they do. This is not an Outlook question. -- Russ Valentine "CHuck" <CHuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC006E4F-736F-4936-9582-4E52CEB7387D@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to import from a Blackberry into Outlook 2010? Addresses at > a > minumum, but perhaps also messages. Check with Blackberry to see if they support Outlook 2010 ...

How? Default is current date, but user can edit if needed?
I want Start Date field to default to the current date, but allow the user to change it if needed. Start Date field has a format of Short Date with a mask __/__/__. The boss wants the field to default to the current date to eliminate keystrokes for the user. Scenario: User forgot to input data yesterday that must reflect yesterday's date. How can the field be formatted to allow the user to change the Start Date field if the field defaults to current date? When a field has a default value, it can be changed as you want. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele...

Can't compile at VC++ Express Edition 2008
Hi I just switched to window programming. I have a code which I can compile and run under Unix, but I cant compile it at Window VC++ Express Edition 2008. Here is some part of my code cpp-trick.h #if !defined(PACKET) || !defined(INTEGER) || !defined(STRING) #error Not all necessary macros were defined. #endif PACKET(Auth, STRING(username) STRING(password) ) PACKET(Ack, INTEGER(status) STRING(error_text) ) #undef PACKET #undef INTEGER #undef STRING typedef enum { #define INTEGER(name) #define STRING(name) #define PACKET(name, fields...

can't open VB editor in Excel 2007 under Vista
I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. On my XP PC I can edit it without any problem. On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit it I get "error in loading dll". The VB window opens up, but the modules won't. Also, it used to work - I don't know why it stopped. Can anyone help? Thanks! On Nov 11, 3:42=A0am, "Sandy Rosenberg" <srosenb...@bloomfieldct.deleteme.org> wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with VB code in it. =A0On my XP PC I can edit it wit= hout > any problem. =A0On my Vista PC, I can run the code, but if I try to edit = it...

Can Windows client application read/write data to remote SQL Server database?
Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL Server database? > Can a Windows client application read/write data to a remote SQL > Server database? Certainly. SQL Server is a client-server DBMS and the service often runs remotely on a separate server. -- Hope this helps. Dan Guzman SQL Server MVP http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/dang/ ...

Access email remotely
Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and, if so, please let me know how? Thanks! Hi, Hilton Head. "Hilton Head" wrote in message news:9A0260D0-BEDA-4424-9A0C-C884F03C266E@microsoft.com... Is it possible to access your Windows Live Email from a remote location and, if so, please let me know how? Thanks! It's not at all clear what you are trying to do. :>( If you just want to pick up your email from any online computer in the world, use mail2web.com . If you want to run Windows Live Mail on another computer, ju...

Strange problem while running MFC 7.0 apps on Windows 2000
Hello, I'm writing an MFC 7.1 program and it runs smoothly on XP and 98. However, on Windows 2000 I encountered a strange message saying that The application failed to initailize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. Thus I try to install VS.Net 2003 on a Win2k machine and run my EXE from VS.Net IDE. The debugging outputs are attached below. Any clues / suggestions / solutions are appreciated. My program uses VS.Net 2003 (MFC 7.1, link as static library) and CImage class in that. The GDIPlus.dll is copied from .Net framework 1.1.3705. TIA, Arthur ...

saving word docs to my mac desktop