batch printing word documents

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to batch print word documents?
Thanks.

First of all, you will need to create a desktop printer, i.e. a shortcut for
your printer which sits on your desktop. Look it up in Mac Help, accessible
from the Finder's help menu; I can't give you any details since the method
to do that varies quite a lot depending on your operating system (though it
is surprisingly easy and intuitive in Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). Once you've
created a desktop printer, simply drag all the Word documents you intend to
print onto the desktop printer icon.

On 29/11/2007 2:58, in article
52e457cd-4623-43f7-a417-313799bd9b29@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "r2xman"

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
11/29/2007 8:50:26 AM
thanks for your reply.

Knew about that already. The trouble with this is, for each document,
it opens (in turn), a print dialog box, and requires a click on
"enter" . This is not what I'm looking for. What I would like to do is
just print a whole batch of documents at once (hence the word,
"batch") without having to wait for each print dialog to pop up, click
enter, wait, click, wait, click, wait.
On 29/11/2007 19:59, in article
a150da1d-2115-4cc2-be4b-35a840f1e3b3@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "r2xman"
<arthurweissman@roadrunner.com> wrote:

> thanks for your reply.
>
> Knew about that already. The trouble with this is, for each document,
> it opens (in turn), a print dialog box, and requires a click on
> "enter" . This is not what I'm looking for. What I would like to do is
> just print a whole batch of documents at once (hence the word,
> "batch") without having to wait for each print dialog to pop up, click
> enter, wait, click, wait, click, wait.

I suppose it might be possible to bypass the printer confirmation dialogue
through AppleScript or VBA; stick around, and maybe someone who knows for
sure will show up and help you.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP
Office:Mac (Entourage & Word)

*** Please always reply to the newsgroup. ***

0
mbintener1 (253)
11/29/2007 7:21:14 PM
On 30/11/07 5:59 AM, in article
a150da1d-2115-4cc2-be4b-35a840f1e3b3@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com, "r2xman"
<arthurweissman@roadrunner.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Knew about that already.

<snip>

It saves our time if you tell us that at the start, Arthur...  :-)

CH
===

Hi,

A visual basic macro could loop through all the files in a given folder and
print each one without displaying the print dialog box.

Would this be helpful?

-Jim

Quoting from "r2xman" <arthurweissman@roadrunner.com>, in article
a150da1d-2115-4cc2-be4b-35a840f1e3b3@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com, on [DATE:

> thanks for your reply.
>
> Knew about that already. The trouble with this is, for each document,
> it opens (in turn), a print dialog box, and requires a click on
> "enter" . This is not what I'm looking for. What I would like to do is
> just print a whole batch of documents at once (hence the word,
> "batch") without having to wait for each print dialog to pop up, click
> enter, wait, click, wait, click, wait.

--
Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

MVPs are not Microsoft Employees
MVP info http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

0
goldkey74 (611)

Printing Externally
is there a way to print a word document externally. Say I am in an exce file, and every time I print my excel file, it has to print a certai word file. Is there a way of doing this?? -- tess45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tess457's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26662 Excel has an event that fires when you print the workbook. Rightclick on the excel icon to the left of File (on the worksheet menubar). Select view code and paste th...

printing only even-numbered pages in a newsletter
how do i print, say, even-numbered pages in a Publisher newsletter that I have mail merged with Outlook Thank you. What version of Publisher do you have? If you have Adobe Acrobat full version, you can make a PDF file which will give you that option. If you have a quality printer like a Kyocera or some model Canon printers, they have that option in the printer driver. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Can't print from server
Hi, I'm managing a network that has several network printers. Everyone can print to these printers with no problem except from the server. There is only one network printer that can't be printed to from the 2k3 sbs server, all others work. I've tried replacing the driver, it is a fairly old Panasonic Multifunction dp2500, and making a new tcp port with no success. There is no firewall activated. I then thought maybe I can just connect to the shared Panasonic printer on another computer and print from the server that way. When I do this the test page leaves the server o...

Writing and printing 45� text
Hello, I got a little surprised by this: when I type a 45� text in a cell with a small font, it looks pretty bad (aliasing). But when I print it, the result is perfect ! How come ?!? Since I want to force some 45� using VB, do you know how to improve the rendering ? Thanks ! Can u discribe a little clear? In which version? "myname" <myname@ihatespam.com> д���ʼ� news:cgeob6$t3c$1@muguet.sncf.fr... > Hello, > > I got a little surprised by this: > > when I type a 45?text in a cell with a small font, > it looks pretty bad (aliasing). > > But when ...

hiding rows / columns when printing
is it possible to hide items when printing? Hidden rows/columns will not print. You may do it manually or with a macro that hides/prints/unhides. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "sam" <sam@msforums.com> wrote in message news:upeKNWirJHA.5912@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > is it possible to hide items when printing? > ...

A Macro to Print sheets in mult w.books
Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local wbook sheets along with the several sheets in other workbooks? I was able to record a macro to print worksheets in the local workbook, but how do i make the same macro to print the worksheets in three more different workbooks with multiple worksheets in them? Thanks in advance? Hi all, can i post the question on the Excel General Questions forum? "Gladiator" wrote: > Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local > wbook sheets along with the several sheets in ...

System Error when Printing Access 2003 Report
Hello, I am using Access 2003. I have created a report with totals and counts on the page footers and when I try to print it, I get an error - System Error The document cannot be printed due to a system error. Try printing again. If unsuccessful, restart Windows and try printing again. When I click OK, it will print the page header only. The rest of the report will not be printed. What should I do? On my other computer, this error appears occasionally and I am able to print sometimes, but on my other computer, I always get this error. Please help. ...

print B/W and color page in 1 document
In Pub2003 is it possible to have aswell B/W and color pages together? A simple test; make a new document, import a color image and covert it to grayscale. But when I the print such a page with grayscale images on a color laser (LJ8550) and look at the pagecounter of this printer, it still counts it as a color page. Meaning that the drum did 4 passes instead of 1. Is there a way to combine real monochroom pages (with grayscales) and full color pages in one document? I already tried in the Commercial Print Option to set 1 color instead of RGB, also convert the image to B/W instead of grayscale ...

Printing MDI cFormview
hi, I have created an MDI application that has many forms (CFormview). How do i able to allow all my forms to has the print function to print. I see a lot of example using SDI which i don't think it can works on MDI since all the forms must need to be printed out and the scribble demo is base on CView. I am new to MFC and VC++ and i am using VC++ 6.0. If possible, send me a good URL link for me to reference. Thanks. Pls Help! Thanks Again. http://www.codeproject.com/printing/printformview.asp I don't know why they don't automatically put the print functions in for CFormVie...

Print Excel To Word
For weeks I have been surfing and rearranging this file to print just the current or called out active sheet. This wants to do the entire book, any help? just wandering rentapen Sub CopyWorksheetToWord() Dim wdApp As Word.Application Dim wdDoc As Word.Document Dim ws As Worksheet Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.StatusBar = "Creating new document..." Set wdApp = New Word.Application Set wdDoc = wdApp.Documents.Add For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets Application.StatusBar = "Copying data from " & ws.Name & ...

Mail merge into WORD problem
I want to export (mailmerge) lots of sets of series of rows from an EXCEL spreadsheet into a table in WORD. Each time I do this each separate row in the s'sheet appears as the top line of a new table on separate pages instead of filling the contents of a table on a single page. Any ideas? Cheers, B B For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:0...

Formatting Cells on a Table Word 2003.
I have a table set up on a document in Word 2003. Is there a way to format each cell that when I type a 1 it automatically turns into a $1.00. Just like when you format cells in excel that if you format it to a accounting and type a number in that cell it automatically turns it to $*.** Word doesn't support setting a numeric format for table cells directly, but you can do it if you insert text form fields (with a numeric format specified in the Text Form Field Options dialog box) into the cells and then enable forms protection. Note that if you don't want a protected documen...

print problem 01-07-10
Trying to print document in Microsoft Word, Text is moved to the right. My page setup is Page size 5.5 horizontal x 8.5 vertical. Orientation selected is Portrait Top margin 4.5”, Left .5, right .5, bottom .5 I never had this problem in the past. Could it be the printer? (HP Photosmart C4780) When I insert my paper for print, text appears to the right of the page (If I had an 8.5 x 11” piece of paper inserted, it would print centered on the page. ?? THANKS On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:20:03 -0800, memadel wrote: > Trying to print document in Microsoft Word, > Tex...

how to change all the words of one type(Gunsuh type)to another
i have a document including cells with Gunsuh font. is it possible to select all Gunsuh fonted cells and change it to another type Just select everything, Ctrl-A< and change the font in the font dropdown on the formatting toolbar. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "metumevlut" <metumevlut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F103EA6-7B06-419F-BAE2-41FA8939F1F1@microsoft.com... > i have a document including cells with Gunsuh font. is it possible to select > all Gunsuh fonted cells and change it to another type xl...

gridlines won't print Excel 97
Hi all, I'm using Excel 97, part of Office Pro Suite, and am trying to print the gridlines in a large document.. I gone to page setup, clicked on "Sheet" and ticked the gridline box, but it does not show in preview, nor does it print the gridlines.. Am I forgetting to do something? thanks, gary If you've changed the fill color (even to white), then you won't see those gridlines on your paper. You could use apply borders instead (under Format|Cells|border tab) If you applied a white fill color in error, just change it to "no fill". niteowl wrote: > >...

I cant use my Microsoft word as it is saying its locked?
Please could you help i cant edit or use my microsoft word because its saying its loocked? If it's Office 2007 and it's the trial version, then most likely the trial period is over and it's time to buy the full version. And if it's the full version, have you activated it yet? -- Cheers! Gordon Bentley-Mix "k.j" <k.j@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7221E40A-3071-4C92-A074-C5CFEC37865F@microsoft.com... > Please could you help i cant edit or use my microsoft word because its > saying > its loocked? If you had a...

How to move about in a document
How do you move to a certain page or to the end of a document? You can use F5 to display the goto dialog. There you can enter the page or section number you want to go to. CTRL+END will get you straight to the end of the document. Yves "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message news:%232Ukeb%23uKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do you move to a certain page or to the end of a document? You can also use the DocMap which lets you select Sections/Headings to navigate the document. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "richard" <rmk...

How to display linked Visio diagram in Word Normal View?
Hi I'm trying to display a Visio 2002 Pro diagram in Word 2002 as a linked object. It displays ok in Word's Print Layout view but not in Normal view. It will work as an embedded object, but I'd rather keep it as a link if possible. Is this possible and does anybody know how to do it? Thanks Fergal. ------=_NextPart_0001_0C3C00F8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, If you do not want to embed a Visio drawing in a Word document, then Option 1: 1. Select the drawing in Visio, (CTRL+A) 2. Copy into the Clipboard (CTRL+C) 3. In word, from the Edit Men...

Publisher crashes while printing
Can anyone help? I'm running Pub2003 in XP SP2 and am printing to my HP Laserjet 1010. All this is fine until I change the page setup to a custom type (it's 10cm w x 17cm h) and try to print my document, with multiple copies to a sheet (2 on each page) The box appears telling me MS Office Pub has encountered a problem and needs to close. Not every time, but 95% of the time. This is what it contains: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 11.0.5525.0 AppStamp:3f255ba1 ModName: imfnt5.dll ModVer: 0.3.1418.0 ModStamp:3e52c493 fDebug: 0 Offset: 00005918 The Online Cr...

In Excel, how do I print the cell blocks as well as the data?
I am preparing a spread sheet with excel and when I print it only the data prints. I would like the cell blocks also printed. How do I get this to happen? I have tried highlighting the whole page but it still prints only the data. In the Page Setup dialog box, go to the Sheet tab and select Gridlines under Print. "aa3kt" wrote: > I am preparing a spread sheet with excel and when I print it only the data > prints. I would like the cell blocks also printed. How do I get this to > happen? I have tried highlighting the whole page but it still prints onl...

Printing a Html message

How do I create the start element of a xsl stylesheet document?
I want to generate a xsl style sheet programatically. To do this I use a XmlTextWriter. The start element shall look like this: <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> How can I write the 'stylesheet version="1.0"' parameter? If I use XmlTextWriter's WriteStartElement (string prefix, string localName, string ns) method, I can use it as value for the localName parameter. But then the EndElement looks like this: </xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"> Which is of course incorrect. Below a b...

onlineyearbooks-books printing
Title: Printing, Publishing Onlineyearbooks is a trading style of OS Print And Publishing Limited. We have: =B7 an international pedigree, =B7 strong internal controls and =B7 carefully managed costs For more enquiries visit us as www.onlineyearbooks.co.uk or Email us:marketing@onlineyearbooks.co.uk Kind Regards Michael Bamford (Business Development Manager) Keywords: Books Printing , Brochure printing ...

Printing CImageList from Dialog-Based Application (3rd try without Outlook crashing)
Greetings, I'm trying to print a CImageList from my dialog, but I keep getting empty space on paper where the image should be. I've tried the following methods to print unsuccesfully: CBitmap bitmap; bitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP); m_ImageList.Create(16, 16, NULL, 2, 0); m_ImageList.Draw(&dc, 0, pt, ILD_TRANSPARENT); dc.BitBlt(pt.x, pt.y, szMetric.cx, szMetric.cy, &dcImage, 0, 0, SRCCOPY); dcImage.SelectObject(oldImage); If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Bassam P.S. - After typing three times this message, I had to short...

cannot SEE the pictures or word art in a publication
But when the publication is printed they show up on the page. Any suggestions to be able to view these items while working in Publisher? View, pictures, detailed display. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Treeshaker" <Treeshaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DD1F960-4542-4809-A85E-1C51D655B062@microsoft.com... > But when the publication is printed they show up on the page. Any suggestions > to be able to view these items while working in Publisher? ...