Awful Ecommerce Experience/Customer Service

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
jongos

Thanks for the response Bob. I totally get that this may not be the designated place to rant but companies that make it hard for their customers to reach them (no email, no intl phone, no ticketing system) almost invite situations like this. I could call back but I'll just get another person who tells me to call back later. <br><br>Secondly, I think it's absolutely the right thing to do to post my frustrations here, in the case that case future customers have similar experiences or are wondering what level of service to expect from this company.
0
jongos
10/21/2009 12:16:04 PM
0
Marshall_Nam

publishing customizations using deployment manager
When I publich customizations, it comes back saying publish completed with errors, servername: failed. I notice that when I publish the customizations, my web site stops. I have to manually start it and then I can go into CRM and my changes are there. This is what I get in app log: ProcessImportWorkItem Error : The root element is missing. , StackTrace : at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.ReadWithCollectTextToken() at System.Xml.XmlValidatingReader.Read() at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserve...

change the "online services" account setting
Hello, I understand that once I've completed setting up online services for an account, I can stop them from "management online services" by clicking on the bank link. However, if I started setting up online services for an account, but never completed it, the "stop online services" option does not appear for the bank. Instead of using online services, I'm logging in to the bank's site and downloading transactions and importing them into MM. In this case, in the Account List page, under the "To Review" column, a message that reads "Pro...

Default Microsoft Exchange Services Stopped (Critical)
Under System Manager - Tools - Monitoring & Status - Status are two first administrative groups: one called <servername> and the other called SMTP connector. The former says "Critical: Service not running" while the latter says "Available". Right clicking the former and clicking Properties reveals a tab titled "Monitoring" with a name entry of Default Microsoft Exchange Services and a the "critical state" column says "Stopped." The Exchange server doesn't seem to be having too much problems except that message tracking...

How to tell if an account is an Exchange "service" account?
Sorry, just having a paranoid moment... We've noticed an old functional account in AD called HelpLine which has been disabled for ages. It's not a member of any groups. An email address is listed on the General tab and we need to put that address on another mailbox. However, each time the field is emptied, the address appears to come back, so we can't assign it to another AD account (address already exists in the organisation error). In Exchange tasks on the account, I have the options to create a mailbox, establish email address or remove Exchange attributes. I'm pretty sur...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

Potential customer field in Quote
Hi, Is there a way to make the Potential customer field in Quote entity as NOT required? Thank you in advance for any suggestions, crsb The entire sales process from opportunity up to the invoice requires a customer. If you don't need the field, create a dummy account and set the customer id to this dummy account in OnLoad. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP CRM Blog on http://www.stunnware.com ---------------------------------------------------------- "crsb" <srinivasa.bharadwaj@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:76d7f1b1-c86f-470b-bbec-0329d9d29f...

Building an Embedded Device/System? Tell VDC about your experience for a chance to WIN!
VDC is conducting its annual survey of mobile and embedded engineers so if you are involved in the engineering of mobile or embedded systems/software, this is your chance to influence key solution suppliers. The research covers embedded software, hardware, tools, and development practices. Your thoughts will improve our insights into the engineering community and help to influence next generation solutions. In addition, VDC will provide all respondents who complete the survey: * Instant access to a summary of VDC's 2009 survey findings; * Entry into a prize drawing for one...

Customize link not working in Reports
Money 2002: Version 10.0 When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize... link on the left side, I do not get the Customize Dialog box that I used to see. Money is basically unusable until I hit the ESC (Escape) key. Any ideas? If you are using Money 2005, go into Tools/Reports and see whether you are using Essential or Advanced Reports. My guess is that you need to switch from Essential to Advanced. This is new in Money 2005. "LongTime User" wrote: > Money 2002: Version 10.0 > > When I open a report (any report) and then choose the Customize....

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

How to activate Notes & Activities on a Custom Entity...
Anyone know how to activate the Notes & Activities (associated entities) for a custom entity AFTER they've been created? After you create and save they can't be altered from the front-end so any advice on how to do this from the backend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Service Pack 2
I recently installed SP2. Now I'm trying to sync tasks, look people up in the GAL, etc. I'm using a Siemens SX66 device from Cingular running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. It's not totally clear how to install and enable these features. I'm thinking you need to be running Windows Mobile 5 and have to wait for the "The Messaging & Security Feature Pack" to be released some time in 2006. Can anyone please give some more info? Here are the links I found: http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/sp2/overview.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmo...

Simple Format for Customer Statement
Hello All Is there available another format for printing customer statements? I'm mostly interested in a format that shows charges and payments without all the details and allocation to invoices. In other words I need a statement is the old fashion simple (Debit, Credit, Balance) format. Thank you Thanks Morris, I'll try it out. "Morris Paint" wrote: > This is our current statement. We are having another one written that shows > current period transactions in one area and all open invoices in another. > > "Mario" <Mario@discussions.microsoft...

AxtiveX ctrl subclassing custom control
Hi! There are plenty of examples where ActiveX ctrls are subclassed from Windows controls such as BUTTON, EDIT, etc. I've got custom control based on CRichEditCtrl, and I'd like to build ActiveX ctrl subclassed from it. I'm not quite sure how this should be done. In all examples I found the approach is like this - BOOL CActiveXWrapperCtrl::PreCreateWindow(CREATESTRUCT& cs) { cs.lpszClass = _T("EDIT"); return COleControl::PreCreateWindow(cs); } well, my custom control does not have registered name, so what should i do? many thanks kdv09 ...

truncation of customer fields
I am moving data from a legasy system that allowed 60 to 100 characters for customer name and address fields. GP only allows 60 to 30 respectively. Is there a workaround for this? For example if I used integration manager could I some how put 30 char in address then the remaining in a user field? Would that work or is there a more elegant solution? Thank You for any info. Certianly using the scripting language in IM to split the fields and use one of the address fields is one solution. You could also use extender fields but it is difficult with IM. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Co...

SBS2008 RRAS service causes other servcies to crash
Would be VERY grateful if there is an expert eye that can be cast over my problem. I have an SBS2008 server which has been working fine for about 3 months. Just before christmas RRAS stopped So I manually started it and it stopped again. Then had a critical email notice saying all these services stopped The Application Experience service has been stopped. The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service has been stopped. The Network Policy Server service has been stopped. The IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules service has been stopped. The IP Helper service has been stoppe...

Custom auto-sorting...possible?
Is there a way to have excel auto-sort (cutom) by criteria in 3 columns? I think it might be easier to explain by viewing the workbook http://poolgod.zftp.com/predictions.xls. The picture shows how I need it to sort. I found some information on auto-sort in help and also on the net, but I don't know how to incorporate the multiple criteria or if it's even possible. Any ideas? Thanks, Steve -- Pools ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Pools's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35961 View this thread: ht...

email says 'service unavailable'
what does that mean Service: the act of serving Unavailable: Not available, accessible, or at hand --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, me asked: | what does that mean me <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what does that mean DUH! Did you pay the Internet Service Provider? "me" <me@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3674E98-EFED-438C-844F-2DF801410438@microsoft.com...

Newbie Help for Custom Number Formats
Hey All, I am working on a spreadsheet that I would like to have it append the inch symbol as part of the number format ("). I figured out that I can add custom suffixes with the use of the quotation marks, but I can't place a quotation mark inside of quotes and get what I need. Is there any way to have Excel do this for me? I know it seems like a small thing to do, but having Excel add this for me would save me a lot of time with formulas and all. Example: 24" Thanks in advance. JB -- joshb416 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ j...

Custom MS Excel Charts
What technologies do I need to be able to develop custom charts for MS Excel, are there any nice friendly APIs/libraries. Thanks Umair ...

Web services in CRM
This may be a question more for microsoft.public.dotnet.language, but I'll try anyway! I don't have a dotnet background so the question may also be silly. I want to connect to MS-CRM using web services. I cannot find any WSDL files with which I can achieve this. (I want customers to be able to track service requests). How do I/can I connect to CRM using non dotnet web services? Maybe an option is for me to learn some dotnet, write an interface and expose it using WSDL.... I'd prefer not to, time is tight and I have a design to finish! Cheers, Lindsay There are no WSDL ...

Create Customer using web services
I would like to cal the GPWebservices using a formatted XML file. I was able to create a basic XML file to create a customer in GP. However I’m having trouble specifying the customer organization. The WSDL specifies the following format <ns1:Context> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf>?</ns1:WorkOnBehalfOf> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:OrganizationKey/> <!--Optional:--> <ns1:CultureName>?</ns1:CultureName> <ns1:CurrencyType>?</ns1:CurrencyType...

customizing pivot tables
I am trying to create a pivot table based off of data in Sheet2. I need to look to be different than any of the autoformats. is there a way that i can create my own autoformat, maybe in VBA, that i can use for other tables as well? Maybe you could record a macro when you format it the way you like. Then you could run that macro to get that look when you want. tkaplan wrote: > > I am trying to create a pivot table based off of data in Sheet2. I need to > look to be different than any of the autoformats. is there a way that i can > create my own autoformat, maybe in VBA, that ...

Custom print comments in Excel 2007
Hi there There are two ways to print comments in Excel, either the WYSIWYG way (little stacked boxes over the actual worksheet) or as separate pages. Problem with the separate pages way: the comments get printed as Cell: B9 Comment: User name: Comment... Now, the cell number is not necessarly the easiest way to locate a specific cell. My question: would it be possible to replace the cell number with, for example, the content of the cell or the content of the neighboring cell? I'm not an expert in VBA programming, but if someone could point out where I should start to customiz...

Customization guide #2
Anyone out there want to give up a copy of the developers guide? My store is on a very tight budget, and has a hard time calling support everytime we want to see what can be done with RMS. If you want to email it anonymously, I won't say anything..... Thanks! Is there a developer's guide? Every time I called MS about development information all I get is routed to a salesperson or told we can put you in touch with "a partner" I even went thru the route of trying to become a partner in order to have more dev materials... No luck so far. "New RMS User" <N...