AutoUpdate tries to update already installed 12.1.5

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all other Office apps. The only problem is that when I run autoupdate, it wants to install 12.1.5 again and complains that it can't find an appropriate program to update.
0
davidcook (3)

On 4/9/09 11:07 AM,  "davidcook@officeformac.com"
<davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I installed 12.1.5. If I look in the about Word menu, it says that the latest
> installed update is 12.1.5. Ditto for all other Office apps. The only problem
> is that when I run autoupdate, it wants to install 12.1.5 again and complains
> that it can't find an appropriate program to update.

It could be the AutoUpdater is not seeing the package receipts for 12.1.5 so
it thinks it's not installed.

"/Library/Receipts"

You should see files like these:

Office2008_en_automator_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_automator_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_automator_workflow_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_automator_workflow_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_autoupdate_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_clipart_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_clipart_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_core_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_core_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_entourage_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_entourage_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_entourage_help_std_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_entourage_help_std_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_equationeditor_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_equationeditor_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_errorreporting_12.0.1.incremental.pkg
Office2008_en_errorreporting_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_errorreporting_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_excel_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_excel_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_excel_help_std_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_excel_help_std_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_fonts_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_fonts_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_graph_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_graph_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_helpviewer_12.0.1.incremental.pkg
Office2008_en_helpviewer_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_helpviewer_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_messenger_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_messenger_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_ooxml_12.0.1.incremental.pkg
Office2008_en_ooxml_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_ooxml_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_orgchart_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_orgchart_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_powerpoint_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_powerpoint_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_powerpoint_help_std_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_powerpoint_help_std_12.1.5.combo.pkg
---edited out proofing pkgs------------
Office2008_en_quit_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_quit_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_silverlight_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_silverlight_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_slt_std_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_slt_std_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_sounds_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_sounds_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_word_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_word_12.1.5.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_word_help_std_12.1.0.combo.pkg
Office2008_en_word_help_std_12.1.5.combo.pkg

--
Diane

Diane,

I had a look at my receipts, I have a corresponding receipt for every 12.1.5 file in your list. It sounded like a good diagnosis; it just didn't apply to my problem. Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

David
0
davidcook (3)
4/9/2009 11:28:21 PM
On 4/9/09 4:28 PM,  "davidcook@officeformac.com"
<davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I had a look at my receipts, I have a corresponding receipt for every 12.1.5
> file in your list. It sounded like a good diagnosis; it just didn't apply to
> my problem. Any other thoughts?

Stop trying to download. :-) I'm running now.....

If you want to verify that you are updated, check the Microsoft Component
Plugin file. This file is the true test of an upgrade.

/Applications/Microsoft Office
2008/Office/MicrosoftComponentPlugin.framework/Versions/12/MicrosoftComponen
Tplugin

....or 2) download this script (be sure to get the one for Office 2008):

<http://tinyurl.com/4yeepm>

One last thing to verify.

Be sure this file is version 2.2.0

/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/MAU2.0

--
Diane

Hi Diane,

I tried your script. Here's what it returned:

Last update applied: Monday, December 15, 2008 1

Microsoft Entourage.app: 12.1.5
Microsoft Excel.app: 12.1.5
Microsoft Word.app: 12.1.5
Microsoft PowerPoint.app: 12.1.5
MicrosoftComponentPlugin:Monday, December 15, 2008 1:48:53 PM
Junk E-Mail Protection:Monday, December 15, 2008 1:51:36 PM
Mac OS X 10.5.6 (9G55)

I also had a look at MAU2.0 and it is indeed 2.2.0.

So, it looks like I really have the 1.5 update. The only problem is I can't apply subsequent updates with Autoupdate stuck on 1.5. Are there newer updates that I need to apply, or is 1.5 all she wrote? If necessary, could I download the next update and apply it manually?

Thanks,

David
0
davidcook (3)
4/10/2009 1:59:20 AM
On 4/9/09 6:59 PM,  "davidcook@officeformac.com"
<davidcook@officeformac.com> wrote:

> So, it looks like I really have the 1.5 update. The only problem is I can't
> apply subsequent updates with Autoupdate stuck on 1.5. Are there newer updates
> that I need to apply, or is 1.5 all she wrote?

For now that's all she wrote...

>If necessary, could I download
> the next update and apply it manually?

Yes. Recently I had a problem when I did a reinstall on a new drive where
the MAU failed to update fully. I had to remove all the packages and
download and install all the updaters to get everything correct. If you do
try this, be sure you log out/in with Shift key down to install each
updater. Restart between each update.

The Office 2008 updaters have not been a smooth ride for anyone.
--
Diane

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

update column

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Meeting updates #2

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

attachment previewers not installed?

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

Manual removal of SFO 1.2?
Is there a known process for manually uninstalling this thing? I won't bore you with the mundane details, suffice to say, I cannot log in as the installing user and uninstall this thing. Please tell me there is a documented manual removal process. -- ..NET Nobody / C# Proponent I know it sucks but if you cannot log in as the installing user - its borked - if you deleted the profile for the installing user re create it - its a permissions thing/bug if you deleted the user from AD - recrete it - it is faster than re installing XP from scratch - "Chris S" <ChrisS@di...

View 12 mo. gives $266Mil on all accts.
I did a restore upon getting the same problem w/ signin. Now all of my accts have a balance of about $266Mil. If I switch from viewing last 12 mos. to all, it goes away. What gives? I have the same problem, did you find a way to solving it. AiR >-----Original Message----- >I did a restore upon getting the same problem w/ signin. >Now all of my accts have a balance of about $266Mil. If I >switch from viewing last 12 mos. to all, it goes away. > >What gives? >. > Nope. >-----Original Message----- >I have the same problem, did you find a way to solvin...

install 2003 upgrade problem
I recently bought a new computer with Win 7 OS. I have Office 2003 installed on my old XP computer. The problem is I have an upgrade version and can't find my original Office 97 cd. I had to have it when Office 2003 was installed on the XP computer after the hard drive crashed in 2006. I don't need a new version for my home use so would like to install my upgrade Office 2003 version on the Win 7 computer. Is there any way to get the upgrade to install when I don't have the old cd to put in when it asks for it. I still have the C of A with the product ID for Offi...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #3
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

Re: Updates infected with "Antivirus Soft" virus?
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote: >>> I'm sorry you had to go through this absurd experience just because >>> IE 6 is so susceptible to malware but, as you've stated, it's just >>> another lesson. I try to push folks to upgrade to IE8 >> [snip] >> >> Is IE7 not as secure as IE8? If not, in what ways is IE8 more secure? >> >> Is it possible to harden IE6 so that it is just as secure as IE8? > > A1. No. See, e.g., > http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd919181(WS.10).aspx > A2. No. Also see http://blo...