Auto Updater #2

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was
too busy or there was a problem connecting with my network. Has anyone
had this issue and how do I resolve this.
0
dylan204 (1)

On 4/6/09 3:07 PM,  "dylan204@officeformac.com" <dylan204@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> When I attempt to install the MS auto updater 2.1.1, I get a message that
> states my connection to the update server was interrupted, the server was
> too busy or there was a problem connecting with my network. Has anyone
> had this issue and how do I resolve this.

You don't need this incremental updater. It's rolled into the 12.1.5
updater. There are two main combo updaters for Office 2008:

12.1.0 SP1
12.1.5

Newer DVDs come with 12.1.0 already installed.

--
Diane

I have not been able to use update. Discussions with my ISP and Microsoft leads me to believe it is an Apple problem. Is Apple going to fix it?
0
Mungo1 (5)
4/22/2009 3:39:38 PM
The only way I have been able to update to 12.1.0
12.1.5
12.1.7
is to download the update to a flash drive on another machine and install on my macBook
0
Mungo1 (5)
4/22/2009 3:43:12 PM
In article <59b71601.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Mungo@officeformac.com
wrote:

> I have not been able to use update. Discussions with my ISP and Microsoft
> leads me to believe it is an Apple problem. Is Apple going to fix it?

You need to be much, much more specific about what problems you're
having. Please include the full text of any error messages you're
encountering.

Also see <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/install_08.html>.
0
adamb (125)
4/22/2009 9:38:32 PM
On 4/22/09 8:39 AM,  "Mungo@officeformac.com" <Mungo@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> I have not been able to use update. Discussions with my ISP and Microsoft
> leads me to believe it is an Apple problem. Is Apple going to fix it?

Dos and Don'ts for a good install

<http://tinyurl.com/6cmyyc>

Check List to troubleshoot your install

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/troubleshoot/install_08.html#checklist>

--
Diane

This is the message
"Safari can't connect to the server.
Safari can't open the page <http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/5/b/a5b13821-3f34-4b40-b65b-4ff1fe63b02c/Office2008-1210UpdateEN.dmg> because Safari can't connect to the server "downloac.mocrosoft.com"

I have tried with Firefox but have the same result.
0
Mungo1 (5)
4/24/2009 2:06:45 AM
On 4/23/09 7:06 PM,  "Mungo@officeformac.com" <Mungo@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> This is the message
> "Safari can't connect to the server.
> Safari can't open the page
> <http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/5/b/a5b13821-3f34-4b40-b65b-4ff1fe63
> b02c/Office2008-1210UpdateEN.dmg> because Safari can't connect to the server
> "downloac.mocrosoft.com"
>
> I have tried with Firefox but have the same result.

Unable to download updates (The Entourage Help Blog)
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/07/unable_to_download_updates.html>

--
Diane

thanks dianne, using a DNS account looks like it worked
0
Mungo1 (5)
4/24/2009 10:37:00 PM
On 4/24/09 3:37 PM,  "Mungo@officeformac.com" <Mungo@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> thanks dianne, using a DNS account looks like it worked

Great! Glad to know the suggestion worked for you.

--
Diane

user initials and auto correction
Hi, Can someone please help me with the following...? People usually type JD in the To: field when they want to send me an email via Outlook. After a recent addition and deletion of another account with the initials of JD I'm finding that it is default to this user - and it's not even trying to qualify the correct recipient with a list of possible users, like it does with other similar users. I would like it to ask for qualification and also default to my account. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, Joe "Joey D" <joeydocherty2404@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can...

parsing a date and time field #2

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

loan amortisatio chart not updating
Hi, I use MS Monet 2007 premium. I have created a loan amortisation account which breaks up my monthly instslment into pricipal and interest. The loan commencd from 7 October 2005 and is for a period of 5 years. The problem is that the loan account does ot show any loan instalments beyond 7 October 2006 (exactly 1 year after the commencement). Why is this happening. Why is the account not updating with instalments which have been debited to my account after 7 October 2007. Please help. Were you depending on downloaded transaction data for this account? Did the download link br...

Macro

I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does not work. When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. How can I get it to work. Thanks. On Apr 4, 12:33=A0pm, Mint <chocolatemint77...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I added time update permisssion to my limited user acct. but it does > not work. > When I try, the time synchonization is greyed out. > > How can I get it to work. > > Thanks. Is this Windows MCE SP2? What method did you use to add time update permission to your limited user account? Does your unlimited user accou...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel pivot table #2

Excel Running Wild After Update
I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powerpoint seem fine but Excel attemtps to open every compatible file (and a few that aren't) when I start it up. After it overdoses on files it fails and closes. Any ideas on what to do other than reverting to an older version, pre-update? Wild guess: Look in Applications:Microsoft Office 2004:Office:Startup:Excel: . Are there a bunch of random files in there? I think Excel would try to open anything in there on launch. On 3/23/06 9:04 AM, "Jeff Fread" wrote: > I ran the Office update via Auto Update. Word and Powe...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Excel number formatting #2

greyed out auto text
Created custom toolbar in Word with menu, autotext and email button as directed in "Quick sales letters for e-mail" demo video, but when I click email button, new email message appears in Outlook but auto text choices are greyed out???? Any ideas?? ...

insert text to different pages and update
Is there a way to insert a text cell from one page put into another page and when the first page cell is updated the second page cell will also be updated. Using the = sign just displays the formula, not the text. :confused: Thanks Frank -- fwburkey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ fwburkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30314 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=505331 Not clear what you are doing wrong. the formula should look lik =Sheet1!A1 Make sure there is noth...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

February updates on EPM (WSS+PServer+MSProject)
Hi, February updates Links are available on http://epm2007.wordpress.com You can comment and poll to give feed back on post installation. Regards, Xavier HOVASSE www.ixila.com Hi Sam, If you have sufficient permissions: In ProjProf: File -> Open ... -> Retrieve the list of all projects ... Right click on project name and select Rename. In PWA: Project Center -> mark project in any column except Idicator and Project Name. Click on Edit Project Properties. Change name and click on Save and Publish. Regards Barbara Am 01.03.2010 08:58, schrieb Xavier HOVASSE...