audio notes in Word Notebook

I have recorded an audio file using Word Notebook.  I would like to
send the audio file to co-workers but they cannot seem to open it.  Any
ideas

0
healy1 (1)

Are your co-workers using Word 2004?  Only Word 2004 can open documents in
Notebook Layout view and use the special features like audio, I think.

However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the
audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4

Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio
program can play, far as I know.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
9/14/2006 7:15:28 PM
I'm not sure if Windows Media Player can play .mp4 files. It's a QuickTime
format, so QuickTime users will be able to play it without a glitch.
OpenSource alternatives like VLC might also be able to play them; I haven't
got the time to verify now.

On 14.09.06 21:15, in article C12EF860.76B7A%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID,
"Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:

> However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the
> audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4
>
> Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio
> program can play, far as I know.

--
Michel Bintener
Microsoft MVP

***Always reply to the newsgroup.***

0
m.bintener1 (110)
9/14/2006 8:47:05 PM
Well, *that's* aggravating!  Thanks, Michel, for catching that error.

Daiya

On 9/14/06 1:47 PM,  "Michel Bintener" wrote:

> I'm not sure if Windows Media Player can play .mp4 files. It's a QuickTime
> format, so QuickTime users will be able to play it without a glitch.
> OpenSource alternatives like VLC might also be able to play them; I haven't
> got the time to verify now.
>

> On 14.09.06 21:15, in article C12EF860.76B7A%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID,
> "Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:
>
>> However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the
>> audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4
>>
>> Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio
>> program can play, far as I know.

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)
9/14/2006 10:53:49 PM
Not so aggravating as all that. There's QuickTime for Windows available
(free and Pro), and used there quite a lot, I think.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

--
Paul Berkowitz
MVP MacOffice

Please "Reply To Newsgroup" to reply to this message. Emails will be
ignored.

PLEASE always state which version of Microsoft Office you are using -
**2004**, X  or 2001. It's often impossible to answer your questions
otherwise.

> From: Daiya Mitchell <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID>
> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.mac.office
> Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:53:49 -0700
> Conversation: audio notes in Word Notebook
> Subject: Re: audio notes in Word Notebook
>
> Well, *that's* aggravating!  Thanks, Michel, for catching that error.
>
> Daiya
>

> On 9/14/06 1:47 PM,  "Michel Bintener" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure if Windows Media Player can play .mp4 files. It's a QuickTime
>> format, so QuickTime users will be able to play it without a glitch.
>> OpenSource alternatives like VLC might also be able to play them; I haven't
>> got the time to verify now.
>>

>> On 14.09.06 21:15, in article C12EF860.76B7A%daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID,
>> "Daiya Mitchell" <daiyaNOSPAM@mvps.org.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>>> However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the
>>> audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4
>>>
>>> Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio
>>> program can play, far as I know.

0
berkowit (221)
9/15/2006 3:08:51 AM
Even less aggravating, it turns out�

"By default they are recorded as medium-quality compressed MP4 files, but
you can change this behavior in the preferences (Word > Preferences > Note
Recording) to record as WAV or AIFF -- although be warned, those file sizes
will be much larger than MP4."
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2004/08/03/ms_office.html

On 9/14/06 8:08 PM,  "Paul Berkowitz" wrote:

> Not so aggravating as all that. There's QuickTime for Windows available
> (free and Pro), and used there quite a lot, I think.
>
> http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

0
daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

Mac Word 2008: How can I tile a background or watermark?

Audio Fade in 2010
I noticed in the new 2010 version that an audio file can be faded at the beginning and at the end. Great feature, and I can get it work when I click the sound icon, but when I play the slideside, it does not fade. Just stops abrutly after slide 6 which is where I wanted it to fade off. I'm getting the same thing. Hmmm. "Mary Sue Helms" wrote: > I noticed in the new 2010 version that an audio file can be faded at the > beginning and at the end. Great feature, and I can get it work when I click > the sound icon, but when I play the slideside, it does n...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Word to Excel #2
I cant seem to find a forum for MS Word so I am posting this query here. I have a Word document with 926 pages in it. It has been created from a mail merge so each individual page is a new letter with an address at the top of it. Unfortunately we have lost the orginal source file. Does any one know of a way to strip the first 6 or 7 lines out of a Word doucment and put them into Excel? Thanks David Price Technical Support ABI Building Data Ltd www.abibuildingdata.com There is a forum for Word, it's under this section (Office) and Word (at the very bottom). >-----Original Mes...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

How do I create an 11 X 17 document in Word?
I am trying to create an 11X17" document in Word and I get a message that my margins don't fit. When I go to print preview about 1/3 of the document isn't showing. The same thing happens in Publisher. What am I doing wrong? I'll bet your printer can't handle an 11 x 17 sheet of paper. You need drivers for one that does. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A vexed teacher" <A vexed teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E978CF3-208B-4174-B83A-A2469D5241CE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an 11X17" document ...

Importing ACT v5/2000 Contacts AND Notes into Outlook 2003
Hi I am trying to import ACT 2000 contacts (including notes) into Outlook 2003 and the notes are not coming in. I have exported 3 records into a little separate ACT v5 database format and verified that the 3 records have notes in them. Then I have tried to import this database into a new Outlook profile and though the Contacts appears, the notes do not Any ideas Thanks in advanc Nitesh Two suggestions: Try using Access as an intermediary between ACT and Outlook. That way, you can check if notes truly do appear in the export (I have not had luck with transferring notes and I have done this...

Word 2007 Find/Highlight Function
In Word 2007, the Find function allows you to find and highlight words or phrases in a document. However, saving the document with those 'found' words highlighted does not save the highlighted text. Additionally, if searching for multiple different words in a document, when you search on a 2nd or subsequent word, the 1st or previous 'found' word highlight all disappear. This functionality was possible in Word 2003 and XP environment. Question: In Word 2007, is there a way to highlight and keep highlighted multiple word searches/highlighted words and save the do...

Outlook 2003 and Word XP?
Outlook 2003 seems to deny me the option to use Word as its editor. Is there a way around this? MK _______________________________________________________________________ Michael Kenward Words for sale Not that I know of other then upgrading to Word 2003. Office does not like to work with mixed components. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA <kenward@ukgateway.net> wrote in message news:hn70701gt9liv11glcvjn5q2qu99anhi9d@4ax.com... > Outlook 2003 seems to deny me the option to use Word as its...

wondering if i can do this in Word
I have a document of about 40 pages, with page breaks that i have placed. At the moment I would like to get rid of these breaks and have a unified document Would it be possible to somehow eliminate all the page breaks with one action, as in for example "find and replace", or do I have to go about it individually, eliminating each page break? thanks. Find and replace should do it. Open the find and replace dialog. With the cursor in the find what box, click the More button and then Special. You'll see a list of special characters and features you can search for, ...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

How to generate MS Word documents (CRM3.0)
�ste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C8A624.D4495BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: =20 We need Dynamics CRM generates MS Word documents merging CRM data and = static Word templates. As far as we know, there isn't a simple way to = have this functionality in place, so there are some third parties = selling such type of add-on. =20 Do you know any good product (and cheap) being capable to perform a mail = merge and generating Word documents? Note: Documents we need ...

Edit a word in many publisher files
> I need to change one word in a few hundred documents in Publisher. > I can: > open each file>Ctrl'M'>highlight and paste the text> save and open the next. > This is very lengthy, surely somone will have some software to do bulk > changes to a large numbr of files.Pleasehelp me if you can ...

normal was being edited by another word session
hi frnz, i am getting this error every time.how can avoid it Thanks in advance Hari.A Ensure all copies of Winword.exe are closed - check with CTRL+ALT+DEL > proocesses. Then see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&l...

Word file is not opening. Windows cannot find it..
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. The only way I can get it open is to open word then select the file again from its location. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have any add-ins installed? Try running Word in Safe Mode to see if that resolves the problem, then remove any problematic add-ins. You can open any Office or Office family program in Office Safe Mode by pressing CTRL whi...

Word 2004 crashes when editing document
Hello, I am using Word 2004 for OS X. Today, Word 2004 began crashing whenever I tried to edit a specific document. I downloaded the Office update (11.1, I think), and it still crashed. I removed Office, removed all preferences, re-installed Office and the update, and Word still crashes. Thank you in advance for your help. The error log follows: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2005-01-16 17:18:55 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.1.0.040910 Module Name: Microsoft_Drawing_2001Z Module Version: 11....

converting numbers into words
Does anyone have a script to convert numbers into words (e.g. in the way you would print on a check)? Thanks Joerg Joerg Have a look at the KB article here to build your own Function http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q213/3/60.ASP OR Download MOREFUNC.XLL from Laurent Longre's site. Does this(NumText) and much more. http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:40:52 -0400, "Joerg Reutershan" <joerg.reutershan@adelphia.net> wrote: >Does anyone have a script to convert numbers into words (e.g. in the way y...

word as e-mail editor #6
I have OfficeXP standard edition 2002. The computer (a HP laptop) came with an unregistered copy of OfficeXP 2003. I have two problems which may or may not be related. The first problem is that I inadvertently clicked on Word 2003. The program asked for my product ID. I canceled out and loaded Word 2002. Now anytime I use my OfficeXP 2002 I get a message saying that this program has not been registered and requires a product key. THis usually happens when I close out of a 2002 program. I can still use 2002 but I always get the message asking me for the product ID key for 2003. The se...

remove line breaks in word 07
I want to remove line breaks in word 07 without doing each one manually. All that I've found seems to apply to Excel or older versions of word. Is there a way to do it with this version? Thanks in advance. Line breaks or paragraph breaks? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <&...

Record Notes
Hi, Is there a way to print record notes in receivings transaction entry ? Notes attched with Receipt No. I am using great plains 8.0 (sp2) Thanks BS You can always use the RW_GetNoteText() User Defined function from a set of calculated fields. The parameters are in currency IN_NoteIndex; { Note Index of Note } in integer IN_characters; { Number of Characters per Line } in integer IN_line; { Line Number to Return } For more details see the Report Writer Programmer's Interface in the SDK (Software Development Kit). The SDK can be installed from the Tools folder of CD 2 of the Gr...

Adding Notes Field to a Phone Call Report
We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by completed. When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to the phone call show up in the report. Anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks!! Cammie On Mar 25, 3:24=A0pm, Camilla Turner <CamillaTur...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are wanting to put together a report that lists phone calls by complete= d. =A0 > When the report runs, we would like to have any Notes that are attached to= > the phone call show up in the report. =A0 > > Anyone know how to accomplish ...

word 2003
MS Offices Word 2003 will now only open in 'safe mode' and a dialog box opens telling me 'an error has occurred preventing Word from opening' but nothing tells me why this is happening and what I can do to correct it. Can anybody help? -- ????? See the article "Problems opening Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProbsOpeningWord.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Grarobi" <Grarobi@discussions.microsof...

Word Wrap in Cell Stops???
Hi All, I have a spreadsheet where the cell is configured to word wrap. Admittedly the cell contains a lot of text, but after working ok for a bit the word wrap suddenly stops and the remaining text disappears to the right. The text is there because it can be seen in the edit bar at the top. Any ideas how I can get the cell to format properly though please? Ta. Bill. Try adding alt-enters (to force newlines within the cell) every 80-100 characters. Bill wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have a spreadsheet where the cell is configured to word wrap. Admittedly > the cell contai...

MS Word Problem
Hello people following problem: in a MFC MDI application one also shall Being displayed Word97 document. And but not in an external program but as a one prayed OLE object. I have managed this. The following problem lets itself be seen now: if I maximize/reduce the main window the visible range of the Word document shall adapt the visible doesn't become however if I maximize the object frame of the OLE object Range of the document changed but Word zoom lens the document. To this the one prayed window is placed so for this these force Word-Scrollbalken are no longer visible. I can ...

Word 2004 docs not opening on my Macbook Pro