Assistants in Office 2004 - Only Max?

In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants
from the Gallery of assistants.  I can't find the other assistants anywhere
on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is
available.  I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred
the simple puzzle icon.

 Is there a way to get any of the other choices back?

 Thanks in advance.

---
Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined,
ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM.
Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome.

That's true, extra assistants are not included with Office 2004.  However,
if you happen to have an earlier version of Office that did include
additional assistants, simply insert the old version's CD, navigate to
Office CD/Value Pack/Assistants, and copy the assistant(s) you want to
HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Assistants.  They'll then
become available to you.

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

Thanks a million, Mickey!

I still have Office X on the hard drive and I do have the original Office X
install CD.

Regards.

In article BCECFBBC.64AF%mickey.stevens@mvps.org, Mickey Stevens at
mickey.stevens@mvps.org wrote on 6/9/04 15:39:

> That's true, extra assistants are not included with Office 2004.  However,
> if you happen to have an earlier version of Office that did include
> additional assistants, simply insert the old version's CD, navigate to
> Office CD/Value Pack/Assistants, and copy the assistant(s) you want to
> HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Assistants.  They'll then
> become available to you.
>
> On 6/9/04 5:36 PM, in article BCECDF0E.15A5%sorry.nomail@all.com, "Ram�n G
> Casta�eda" <sorry.nomail@all.com> wrote:
>
>> In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants
>> from the Gallery of assistants.  I can't find the other assistants anywhere
>> on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is
>> available.  I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred
>> the simple puzzle icon.
>>
>>  Is there a way to get any of the other choices back?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance.

---
Please remove NOSPAM to reply privately if you are so inclined,
ramoncNOSPAM at NOSPAMsurewest dot NOSPAM netNOSPAM.
Otherwise, replies to the Newsgroup are always welcome.

When you copy an Office X assistant to Office 2004, how do you set the
preference to open that rather than Max?

On 6/9/04 3:39 PM, in article BCECFBBC.64AF%mickey.stevens@mvps.org, "Mickey
Stevens" <mickey.stevens@mvps.org> wrote:

> That's true, extra assistants are not included with Office 2004.  However,
> if you happen to have an earlier version of Office that did include
> additional assistants, simply insert the old version's CD, navigate to
> Office CD/Value Pack/Assistants, and copy the assistant(s) you want to
> HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Assistants.  They'll then
> become available to you.
>
> On 6/9/04 5:36 PM, in article BCECDF0E.15A5%sorry.nomail@all.com, "Ram�n G
> Casta�eda" <sorry.nomail@all.com> wrote:
>
>> In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants
>> from the Gallery of assistants.  I can't find the other assistants anywhere
>> on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is
>> available.  I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred
>> the simple puzzle icon.
>>
>>  Is there a way to get any of the other choices back?
>>
>>  Thanks in advance.

0
nnager1050 (113)
6/9/2004 11:41:32 PM
Hi Norman,

Click on the assistant and click the "Options" button to choose which
assistant you want to use.

-Jim Gordon
Mac MVP

All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread.
Thanks.

About Microsoft MVPs:
http://www.mvps.org/

Before posting a "new" topic please be sure to search Google Groups to see
if your question has already been answered.

----------
In article <BCECEE3C.14D8%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu>, "Norman R.
Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> When you copy an Office X assistant to Office 2004, how do you set the
> preference to open that rather than Max?
>
> On 6/9/04 3:39 PM, in article BCECFBBC.64AF%mickey.stevens@mvps.org, "Mickey
> Stevens" <mickey.stevens@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> That's true, extra assistants are not included with Office 2004.  However,
>> if you happen to have an earlier version of Office that did include
>> additional assistants, simply insert the old version's CD, navigate to
>> Office CD/Value Pack/Assistants, and copy the assistant(s) you want to
>> HD/Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Office/Assistants.  They'll then
>> become available to you.
>>
>> On 6/9/04 5:36 PM, in article BCECDF0E.15A5%sorry.nomail@all.com, "Ram�n G
>> Casta�eda" <sorry.nomail@all.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In previous versions of Office, one could install other Office assistants
>>> from the Gallery of assistants.  I can't find the other assistants anywhere
>>> on the Office 2004 install CD to add to that gallery, and only Max is
>>> available.  I find Max's antics very distracting and have always preferred
>>> the simple puzzle icon.
>>>
>>>  Is there a way to get any of the other choices back?
>>>
>>>  Thanks in advance.

0
goldkey74 (611)

Out of Office
Does Windows Mail have an "out of office" feature like Outlook? No. You can create one but...... If you do this, you will have to leave your computer on 24/7, be connected to the Internet, and have WinMail open. If you want do this anyway, the link below will explain how to do it. One thing I would suggest is that where it says to create a rule and check For All Messages, you change it and make the rule for people in your address book only. Otherwise you will be replying to Spam as well and could end up in an endless loop of bounces. Your ISP may offer this servic...

Too many unwanted blank documents in Office applications
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Word, Excel, and Powerpoint all open with new blank documents. I typically close these, open existing documents for revision, and close the revised documents. The problem is that when I move to another application and then come back to an Office application, the application opens still another new blank document when I want to open another existing document. I have to close these unwanted blank documents many times a day. I can not find a way in Word/Excel/Powerpoint to stop the applications from creating these blank doc...

Change Acct Name in Money 2004
I've change the name of an investment account in Money 2004 using change account details, but when I try to transfer funds between accounts, it still shows the old account name, not the new one. Is there a different way to maintain the account name the works? Did you change both the investment account name and its associated cash account name? "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87bf01c3e92e$62890460$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I've change the name of an investment account in Money > 2004 using change account details, but when I tr...

Quickbooks to Money 2004 Business
I would like to stop using quickbooks 2003 and start using money small business 2004 - is that possible? and what would be the easiest way to convert QB to Money thanks Jonathan In microsoft.public.money, Jonathan wrote: >I would like to stop using quickbooks 2003 and start >using money small business 2004 - is that possible? and >what would be the easiest way to convert QB to Money A really neat way to find prior postings in this group is to use the Google Usenet Groups archive. http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search enter words that you think would be in relevant p...

NT4 SUPPORT OF MS OFFICE 2003
hi, please give the list of operating systems supported by microsoft office 2003 is it support office 2003 in NT 4 ? PLEASE HELP BY ANIL After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from ANIL <anilkumar@asianetindia.com>... > please give the list of operating systems supported by > microsoft office 2003 Microsoft Windows 2000 SP3 and later Microsoft Windows XP Gold and later > is it support office 2003 in NT 4 ? It is not supported and will not work. I suggest upgrading to Windows XP (or 2000 at least) ASAP -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publ...

Automation object in office template
I’m not sure which area to post this in. Anyway, I’m trying to use an Access 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft’s site, but in 2003. I downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on my computer. Right off the bat I get a “The object doesn’t contain the Automation object ‘IsTrusted’” message. I have no idea what this means and how can I fix it or get rid of it. Any ideas? Thank you! If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not b...

Office 2007 frustration
Hi, I'm sure this has probably come up before, but I could use some advice. I recently got a laptop with office 2007 (at my home desktop and at work I use excel 2003), and trying to use excel with the dreaded ribbon is driving me crazy. I am very comfortable with keyboard shortcuts in 2003 (I have accessibility issues that make it especially important), but 2007 seems ridiculously more complicated. Can anyone suggest any help sites or reference books that would make 2007 a bit more friendly? TIA Jim You really will get to like it Tyr this transition help http://www.microsoft.c...

WDS not returning Office 2007 emails on Windows XP
I Installed Office 2007 Pro Plus (RTM) on Windows XP I installed WDS 3(RTM) as advised. Searching Outlook items worked for a while, then stopped. After rebooting, it worked for a while and then stopped. It has not worked since. I have tried to rebuild indexes, etc. It does find my Outlook Express newsgroup postings from my OE sent items folder. Could it be that it can only parse on Mail application, and is choosing OE instead of Outlook 2007?? -- -- Steven http://www.glimasoutheast.org My "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applicati...

MS Money 2004
I have two computers in my home, if I buy 2004 will I be able to install and run from both machines? Per the EULA only if one is a desktop and the other is a notebook and they aren't for simultaneous use. This is not programmatically enforced. Do NOT try to simultaneously, even via sneak circuits like MoneyExpress and MoneySide, access the same data file from two machines over a network. Bad things will result. "Keith" <keithq@argontech.net> wrote in message news:047f01c37af7$79b4d1f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have two computers in my home, if I buy 2004 will I be > ...

Money 2004 #18
I downloaded a Quicken file into Money and all the accounts show on the conversin sumary. However, in the Account List, the Checking account is missing altogether! All the other accounts show up, except the checking account! How can I add that account to the list and, thereby, access it? ...

Office 2004, MDI files?
When I installed Microsoft Office 2003 in Windows XP, it installed the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" printer driver. I can print to this printer to create documents in the Microsoft Document Imaging Format (*.MDI). In Windows this file format is only readable through the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program installed with Microsoft Office 2003. Will the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac OS X version install the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" printer driver like the Windows version? Will the Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac OS X version be able ...

office 2010 beta programs very slow to startup
Office 2010 beta Word and Excel spend ages saying they are downloading before they will start up. Office 2003 loads in about a quarter the time. The Office 2007 apps load almost instantly for me. The Splash screen should indicate what is slowing the process. As they start, do you see something such as "Loading <some file name> add-in" in the Splash screen? If so, that's what's causing the delay. Also, for future Office 2010 questions you may want to post in the applicable newsgroup found here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/of...

XP Office outlook personal folders
Through some technical glitch, i lost all my personal folders months ago - all emails, contacts etc. After some fruitless weeks of revovery efforts, i simply started all over. now, the original set of personal folders, all of them, have reappeared and are fully accessible. i need to know how to merge all the email folders, contacts, etc, but since XP office does not appear to contemplate this possibility, i am unable to find hints on how to merge. Any ideas?? Thanks. ...

BCM max users/network setup
Have a client that uses BCM 2003 on an XP Pro computer as a (Server). We're going to move them to an actual server for better file sharing/ permissions control. Most of the users are familiar with BCM and I am not. Can you install it on a network and have it shared among the network of about 10-14 people. Can users be setup with different permissions such as read-only or full read/write to the bcm database? And if so can you point me in the right direction on the setup or what to look out for. Thank you in advance for any suggestions Try posting to microsoft.public.outlook.bcm for help w...

Out of Office Assistant #5
It was suggested that I post my question here, my appologies if it looks like a cross post. My users make use of the Out of Office Assistant consistently. Lately we have noticed it will only send out of office notices internally and not externally outside of our network. Going through our change-log for the Exchange server, all that has changed in the past few months is some CU's and a Relay rule allowing our Internal IIS server to relay messages through our Exchange server. How can I get the Out of Office Assistant to send to all email, internal and external to our network? thanks i...

Money 2004 Re-Install
Hey all, I bought the Money 2004 Deluxe download edition (where they just send you the registration code) and I'm trying to reinstall after a disk failure. I reinstalled the trial edition as I'd originally done (which required setting back my PC clock to 2004 *shrugs*) but the tools > registration option is diabled, and the 'Upgrade' option takes me to a useless micorosft.com webpage stating the product is no longer for sale (duh heh). Reading through the thread it sounds like I'm not the first to have this problem and it seems some say it's futile (or just by a d...

Group By, Max, many to many
I tried posting this before, but it hasn't shown up, sorry if this ends up being a duplicate. I have the following tables and fields: Catchments (UID) Districts (DistID, Name) Lookup (UID, DistID, percent) UID, DistID, UID and DistID are the primary keys To give you an idea of what the data mean; the percent field refers to the percentage of each catchment that is made up of a particular district. Catchments and Districts have a many to many relationship. I would like to create a query that will take the Max percentage for each catchment UID and return the name of t...

MS Office
I'm having problems with MS Office including Outlook. The user is on a Win 2k machine using MS Office 2000. Whenever the machine tries to open word, excel, etc etc a 'Windows Installer' box appears and it is trying to find the installation CD? This keeps appearing over and over again, I have tried to put the CD in the drive. I've tried to reinstall the software but nothing changes. Please help Thank you ...

Does anyone reccommend CRM for Real Estate offices using Exchange.
I'm looking for advice on wether or not this will work with Exchange Server. I have Business Contact Manager but it does not. CRM does work with Exchange. in fact, Exchange is the only way to send/receive email with the rpoduct. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 11:19:03 -0800, "Art Luciano" <ArtLuciano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: I'm looking for advice on wether or not this will work with Exchange Server. I have Business Contact Manager but it does not. Ar...

Office: mac missing box with CD key
I purchased Office:mac a few years ago but since then the box has been lost. I have the original cd, and the product key. When I try to open the software after installation it requests the CD key and no number I enter works. Is there anything I can do to obtain my CD key and use it now? If you have the CD & the Product Key is the the one that came with it you should be able to install. If you're having a problem simply obtaining a new key will most likely not resolve the issue. There must be something more at play, but to determine what you'll need to supply much more specific ...

Transfer Microsoft Office to a new Computer
I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer my Windows Office to my new computer or do I have to purchase new software. If you purchased your copy of Office separate from your computer, yes. If not, no. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Davie in Connecticut" <Davie in Connecticut@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:80686D73-AC2C-4754-A3A5-5CFC24392212@microsoft.com... >I am buying a new laptop my last one is almost defunct. Can I transfer m...

Office 2008 Speed/Issues: Post SP1
We've had SP1 for a bit now, and I was wondering how it's treating everyone. For me, all the apps seem much more stable once they are up and running, but getting them there (i.e., launching them) still seems to take longer than it should: Excel is the fastest, Word is the slowest, with PowerPoint in the middle (don't use Entourage). Relaunching seems to take less time than initial launch, but the speed at which relaunch happens seems to vary greatly for no reason (but faster than pre-SP1). Word (my mainstay) seems to appear on the screen faster than it did, but there is still a la...

Can not open .xls with office 2007
Anytime I receive a .xls file I have to have somone convert it to .xlsx before I can open it. Very odd. Anyone????? Quite odd. Excel 2007 should open files from 2003 and earlier. What exactly occurs when you try to open an *.xls file? Error message or ??? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 13 May 2010 16:24:01 -0700, jfaletra <jfaletra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Anytime I receive a .xls file I have to have somone convert it to .xlsx >before I can open it. > >Very odd. > >Anyone????? ...

Money 2004 #48
After downloading statements, money not only doesn't show the transactions, but immediately shuts the application down. I have recently upgraded and am extremely frustrated. In microsoft.public.money, Maryellen wrote: >After downloading statements, money not only doesn't show >the transactions, but immediately shuts the application >down. I have recently upgraded and am extremely >frustrated. While I don't know that this will help, it is worth a try. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Re...

Money 2004 & Pokect Money 2003
Does anyone know whether this combination works? Thank you. ...