anyone else having problems with the 12.1.9 "autoupdate"? #2

Hi all...

The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine.

The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right
back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater
itself never actually launches.

Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing?

Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9?

The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this
is just the auto-update that's not working now.

- Steve
0
maser (45)

You're right, the auto-update fail. It should be pulled or a message sent instructing to update by downloading directly.
> Hi all...
>
> The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine.
>
> The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right
> back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater
> itself never actually launches.
>

> Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing?
>
> Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9?
>
> The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this
> is just the auto-update that's not working now.
>

> - Steve

0
deonr (6)
6/9/2009 8:11:51 PM
I just re-ran the Auto update (after a failed earlier attempt) and it worked fine....no issues. All apps updated to 12.1.9

This is at 10:00pm EST on 6/9/09

-Kevin
0
netnothing (10)

Autoupdate.app behind proxy server.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Hi All Is there any way to get the autoupdate.app to work behind a proxy server/autoconfig file? I have about 70 users that I have to email and rely them to install the patches rather than using the 'autoupdate' to do the job. I hoping some clever bugger has found a way of making the flippin thing work... Thanks in advance. Laurence. ...

AutoUpdate did not capture recent update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) I had to download the 12.0.1 update directly from the Web site. Is AutoUpdate broken? Thanks a lot. Peace. I don't think the 12.0.1 update has been posted to the AutoUpdate server yet. However, you can get the update from the Microsoft site at this link: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> On 3/12/08 8:48 PM, in article ee93a28.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "MuzikJunky@officeformac.com" <MuzikJunky@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > > I had...

"Running Autoupdate Installer script' hangs while doing 12.1.0
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, Little problem When installing Office 2008 SP1 update, the installer just hangs and says: running autoupdate installer.... Is there anything I can do - or is it meant to take ages and ages?? Thanks Tom Actually, behind the script when I shut it down is a message: Microsoft Office 2008 Update doesn't understand the << event sysodisA>> message But I dunno what to do???? thanks t > Hi, > > Little problem > > When installing Office 2008 SP1 update, the installer just hangs > ...

Microsoft AutoUpdate in Trash after Updating Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've installed and updated my Office today. I removed my previous office (2004) by using the remove tool and then I trashed the Microsoft AutoUpdate and the XML Converter. Then I inserted the CD for the new version and installed. And then I ran Microsoft AutoUpdate and got both a new updater and an update for office. Then I noticed my trash had something. It was the Microsoft AutoUpdate. I dragged it towards the Applications because there was no MAU there. Then I ran it and it keeps downloading a new version and tr...

Autoupdate sheet/ workbook, yet keep content
Hi, i have a quick question, i am building a timesheet in excel for m company. By testing it out, and sending it to all the employees we ar always finding new things to add, or formatting issues to fix. I wa wondering if it was possible to add functionality by instead of sendin out an email every time that i make a change to the master version an for my fellow co-workers to have to re-enter in all there data, i their a way for excel, or a plug-in that allows it to check anothe version, if it is different, then update itself, yet keep the pas imputed information. I could even have it only up...

anyone else having problems with the 12.1.9 "autoupdate"? #2
Hi all... The 11.5.5 autoupdate worked fine. The 12.1.9 autoupdate downloads (apparently), but then it goes right back to showing that the 12.1.9 update is available -- the updater itself never actually launches. Busy servers, maybe -- and the download isn't ever actually completing? Or bad updater on the update server for 12.1.9? The manual download from Mactopia of 12.1.9 installed properly -- this is just the auto-update that's not working now. - Steve You're right, the auto-update fail. It should be pulled or a message sent instructing to update by downloading directly...

Command line version of Microsoft AutoUpdate?
Hello, I'm new to this newsgroup. Tried searching the archives and found nothing about this. So here goes... Is there a Command line version of Microsoft AutoUpdate? I administer a few hundred macs and want to deploy the updates to as many of these as possible. Using terminal, I can open Microsoft AutoUpdate, but can not fully execute it. I'm thinking along the lines of how Apple has implemented their software updates. Any ideas? Thanx, Brian The problem is that AutoUpdate really just pulls down VISE packages which then run. It's kind of problematic. I end up just using ...

AutoUpdate could not be found
I'm getting a new error saying "Microsoft AutoUpdate could not be found. Would you like to install it now?" Of course clicking ok does nothing. Any ideas. I have reinstalled to no avail. D I just copied over the autoupdate app manually. Guess it stopped installing it's self during the first run install. On 2/22/07 3:53 PM, in article C2036CFC.783A%damonb@rmc.org, "Damon Brandt" <damonb@rmc.org> wrote: > I'm getting a new error saying "Microsoft AutoUpdate could not be found. > Would you like to install it now?" Of course clicking ok d...

error installing AutoUpdate
I tried to check for updates from my office help menu. I was told that AutoUpdate was not on my computer. When I tried to install autoupdate via the office help menu, I received the following message: "There was an error installing Microsoft AutoUpdate." Any suggestions for getting this program to work would be greatly appreciated. thanks, tom Hi, Try running the install CD and do a custom install. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> Tom wrote: > I tried to check for updates from my office he...

Outlook not working after 3/11 autoupdates
I posted this in the windows update discussion and was told i should be posting this issue to public.outlook.general newsgroup. Peter F is the man! This worked aces! Meanwhile can you open Outlook using the Safe switch Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "microsoft lover and hater" <microsoftloverandhater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

2008 Microsoft AutoUpdate??
In my Microsoft Office 2004 folder there is an application called Microsoft AutoUpdate.app but it was not installed in the Microsoft Office 2008 folder? Did Microsoft ditch the Microsoft AutoUpdate.app in 2008? Will I need something like this for the expected 2008 update? No, they didn't "ditch" anything. AutoUpdate v2.0 is installed where it is supposed to be, which is simply a different location than where v1.2.2 got dumped. It is safer where it is & better complies with Apple guidelines. If you want to test it to be sure just go to Help in any Office app & select...

12.1.5 is in autoupdate this morning, but not 11.5.3?
Hopefully later today? Odd that they weren't both there at the same time. - Steve Steve Maser wrote: > Hopefully later today? > > Odd that they weren't both there at the same time. My understanding from one of the MacBU developers is that a different part of Microsoft or maybe a different service altogether is responsible for posting the automatic updates to the distribution servers. Still, would be nice to have a more coordinated distribution system. -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps...

Microsoft Autoupdate.app
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Once again the update failed so I started through the exercise of moving the updater to the desktop to alter it. However, I moved the wrong file to the desktop (above). Which folder does this file live in so I can move it back? Thank you. On 4/14/09 5:07 PM, "KenS@officeformac.com" <KenS@officeformac.com> wrote: > Once again the update failed so I started through the exercise of moving the > updater to the desktop to alter it. However, I moved the wrong file to the > desktop (above). Which fo...

Autofilter Autoupdate
I have a spreadsheet that needs to gather information from one worksheet based on certain criteria and feeds it to another. I have tried setting it up so that if one row of data has an X in the end column then that row of information is copied over to the new worksheet. I run into empty blocks when I do this, however. I next tried to have all the information duplicated by cell reference over to the new sheet and apply a filter so that only the X rows shows. While this works, I want to be able to hide the column that's being filtered from the user. Also, as more rows are added t...

GM Card AutoUpdate Not Working
Is anyone else having problems auto updating their GM Card account? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? According to information from Microsoft Money web site which I cut and pasted below, the GM Card uses third party for updating account information. It uses either Yodlee or CashEdge for this service. There is not much you can do to remedy this other than open a support case with Microsoft and/or wait until it gets fixed. I have had this same type of problem many times with several of my accounts. Currently I have a couple of accounts that are serviced through the C...

Microsoft Autoupdate 2.1.1
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, I have tried numerous times to download Microsoft Autoupdate 2.1.1. However the computer appears like it is installing the program and then tell me again I need to install it. All the necessary programs, like powerpoint, word and etc, are closed. THanks for your help. <Works@officeformac.com> wrote: > Hi, I have tried numerous times to download Microsoft Autoupdate 2.1.1. > However the computer appears like it is installing the program and then > tell me again I need to install it. All the necessary programs, like &g...

autoupdate
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I open entourage, autoupdate indicates updates available but I must close entourage, I do, and get the same message, close entourage, I cannot install any updates. On 4/22/08 5:10 41PM, in article ee994bf.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "pt2393@officeformac.com" <pt2393@officeformac.com> wrote: > When I open entourage, autoupdate indicates updates available but I must close > entourage, I do, and get the same message, close entourage, I cannot install > any updates. Do you check for updates a...

AutoUpdate check file?
Each day the Microsoft AutoUpdate.app tells me I need to run the Office 11.2.4updater. It downloads the update and it does its thing each day. What file do I need to update that the Microsoft AutoUpdate.app checks to determine if I need to and update. I may have moved the file and but need to know the exact filename and location to check. aRKay ...

profile autoupdate
Hi all!!! Win2k, Outlook 2000 workgroup configuration on 40 computers: Next week, we'll change email provider: pop and smtp will change, how do I change server values on all workstations without doing it manually? Thank yuo bye Karim ...

Microsoft AutoUpdate 2.1.1 #2
When I run Microsoft's AutoUpdate, it list the update 2.1.1 for itself. It status is critical and the date for it is 19/02/08. When I have it install it, it comes up again on the list...like it never installs it. Is something wrong? Thanks, David On 5/3/09 5:49 PM, "David Marcil" <david.marcil@gryphonobject.com> wrote: > When I run Microsoft's AutoUpdate, it list the update 2.1.1 for itself. It > status is critical and the date for it is 19/02/08. When I have it install > it, it comes up again on the list...like it never installs it. > > Is som...

12.1.5 is back in Microsoft AutoUpdate
Thanks to whomever read this thread and took care of it! - Steve ...

New Office 2004 Installation, no Autoupdate

Do you get Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition via AutoUpdate?
Office 2008 was recently repackaged as Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 Business Edition and includes "Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition". If you have prior versions of the full version of Office for Mac 2008 do the upgrades downloaded via AutoUpdater include the new functionality? What version (i.e. 12.x.x. etc) is "Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition". Thanks Ian IanF wrote: > Office 2008 was recently repackaged as Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 > Business Edition and includes "Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition". > If you have prior v...

Unable to get past Microsoft AutoUpdate
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently received Mac Office 2008 from my University, and installed it. As I attempted to open Excel (Though it does this with every application I attempt to use) It prompts me with Microsoft AutoUpdate. It had an initial update, which I installed. I opened Excel again, and Update popped up again. I chose Manual, hit 'Check for Updates', and it said no updates are available. But it keeps going BACK to the update, and when I hit X, it closes everything and I start back at square one with it opening the AutoUpdat...

Help 2nd Request with Microsoft AutoUpdate
This is my 2nd request for help. The Microsoft AutoUpdate.app keeps doing its thing downloading and installing the latest Office update. Where or what file does it check to see if you really need the update? The update has been installed and all of the Office apps are working perfect. Again, the problem is the Microsoft AutoUpdate seems to think I need the new Office update. Hello - Are you certain that the update is actually being installed, not simply downloaded? AFAIK, the update may very well self-extract, but it doesn't automatically install. It creates a disk icon on th...