Any way to restore the 35-color color picker?

I recently got Office 11 and would dearly like to find a way
to get the older 35-color font-color chart back. I've been
using that one for many years and like the choice of colors
on it.

The "Standard colors" bar at the bottom of the Office 11
theme colors only has 10 colors. Same (plus white) with
the "Apple" choice under Palettes.

I played with the Theme color choices a little bit; did I
overlook one that would restore the old palette? The color
samples on it are so tiny that it's hard to tell...

Patty

In article <4e5ea971$0$2145$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>,
 patty1@sonic.net (Patty Winter) wrote:

> I recently got Office 11 and would dearly like to find a way
> to get the older 35-color font-color chart back. I've been
> using that one for many years and like the choice of colors
> on it.
>
> The "Standard colors" bar at the bottom of the Office 11
> theme colors only has 10 colors. Same (plus white) with
> the "Apple" choice under Palettes.
>
> I played with the Theme color choices a little bit; did I
> overlook one that would restore the old palette? The color
> samples on it are so tiny that it's hard to tell...
>

> Patty

Send an email to Microsoft's Office product manager?  Seriously, if they
took something away that you need, then you should complain.

--
DeeDee, don't press that button!  DeeDee!  NO!  Dee...

vilain (1)
8/31/2011 9:55:25 PM
In article <vilain-F8D8D3.14552531082011@news.individual.net>,
Michael Vilain  <vilain@NOspamcop.net> wrote:
>In article <4e5ea971$0$2145$742ec2ed@news.sonic.net>,
> patty1@sonic.net (Patty Winter) wrote:
>
>> I played with the Theme color choices a little bit; did I
>> overlook one that would restore the old palette? The color
>> samples on it are so tiny that it's hard to tell...
>
>Send an email to Microsoft's Office product manager?  Seriously, if they
>took something away that you need, then you should complain.

Well, I don't *need* it; it's just easier to find the colors
I want when they're all on a simple chart. And as I said, there
may be a way to replicate that chart with the Theme mechanism;
I just haven't found a way to do it yet.

Patty

0
patty11 (2)

Money 2000 backup restores
Purchased a new HP Pavilion with Windows Vista today. Can not get my Money 200 backup to restore. Keeps asking for a password. I never set a password or if I did, it was years ago. The backups are on the old hard drive and I am trying to transfer. Now what? In microsoft.public.money, Brenda wrote: >Purchased a new HP Pavilion with Windows Vista today. Can not get my Money >200 backup to restore. Keeps asking for a password. I never set a password or >if I did, it was years ago. The backups are on the old hard drive and I am >trying to transfer. Now what? Typically that wou...

The most relable way to extract an icon
I enumerate taskbar windows and tray to extract their icons, so far I've tested two ways: 1. HICON hIcon = (HICON) ::SendMessage(hWnd,WM_GETICON,ICON_SMALL); 2. HICON hIcon = (HICON)::GetClassLong(hWnd,GCL_HICONSM); The problem is that none of them works for all windows.For example, the first one does not return icon for Total Commander, the second one does not return icon for Outlook Express. Is there any other (more relable) method to extract program's icon based on its HWND ? Janusz ...

Quick way to change display name from first last to last, first
Is there a quick way to change the display name from first last to last, first other than manually or manually editing a .csv export file? Many thanks, Brian That is the only (Microsoft) way in Exchange 5.5 You can modify settings in the admin to do this for new users. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Brian Bri...

? Handling WM_SIZE/WM_SIZING But Not From Restore
Hi, I need to handle WM_SIZE and WM_SIZING but only for when the size of the window is actually changing, not for when it is being restored from a minimized state (yes, I know it's technically changing in that case.) I've got a resizing dialog app which has a list control in in. I've set up the dialog to move and resize the list control as well as set the column widths whenever the dialog's size is altered (in OnSize). However, this is a waste of time when the dialog is just being restored from a minimized state, specifically if the list control has lots of items in it (you...

Restoring after complete disaster
I am learning Exch 2000 for the moment and have put up the following test : In the event of a hardware failure of the Exchange server I would like to be able to restore an Exchange server on an other machine. I am reading a MS book where I found the following description that I tried. I made backups of the original server, more precisely I backed up the system state and I also backed up the Information store. So I have 2 backups. I shut down the original server in order to simulate a crached machine. On a second machine I have installed W2000S + SP. Everything worked fine. Now I restore the...

Colored cells are showing white on screen, want to see color?
I have sheet cells that I know are colored, but they show white on my system, and print grayscale, while showing their true colors on other office systems.... Does this article help http://support.microsoft.com/d��efault.aspx?kbid=320531 Changes to fill color and fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs -- HTH Bob Phillips "dean" <dean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1990525-1D7B-4E94-9653-80074F9AAEFD@microsoft.com... > I have sheet cells that I know are colored, but they show white on my system, > and print grayscale, while showing ...

Is there a way to make a staircase text effect?
Is there a way to create a string of letters that will remain erect when the object they are part of is rotated? I want to create a staircase effect where the letters look like they are sitting on the steps of a staircase and be able to alter how steep the staircase is and have the letters remain vertical. Thanks -- Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com (11/09/04) Nothing built-in per se. You'd have to create separate shapes that belong to a group, and do some ShapeSheet programming. The shape's could then "anti-rotate" relative to the group (Angle = - GroupSheet!Angle...

Can you add color to a graphic?
Im use to InDesign mainly and it has a way to colorize a grayscale or bitmap file on the document without having to manually do it in photoshop or some other program. Does Publisher have a simillar feature? answering my own question...right click on image, FORMAT PICTURE/PICTURE/RECOLOR :-) "Greg" wrote: > Im use to InDesign mainly and it has a way to colorize a grayscale or bitmap > file on the document without having to manually do it in photoshop or some > other program. Does Publisher have a simillar feature? ...

Spot Color separations not printing correctly
I am trying to print seperations for a two color project ( black + one pantone color). When I print on my InkJet and Laser printer the seperations are screwed up. When I took the file to the printer for preflight they were OK ?? Anybody know why ? "Screwed up" how? How was job preflighted? "Stuart F." <sfirstdc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:004501c352d6$8c5f7150$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to print seperations for a two color project > ( black + one pantone color). When I print on my InkJet > and Laser printer the seperations are screwed up...

Is there a way to group text so it stays together?
Hi, I am editing a document, and it is a pain going through and re-editing page breaks after making changes to it. If i could simply select a paragraph or small section that I want to stay together and mark or group it somehow to stay together so that if it gets pushed down from other text above, it will stay together, either at the end of a page if it fits, or all of it would be pushed to the next page. Is there a feature like this? Thanks, Alan Go to the Line and Page Breaks tab of the Format Paragraph dialog and check the box for "Keep lines together" ...

What is the quickest way to copy a table to an array?
Hi everyone, I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain text. What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a 2D array? Stephenc stephenc wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have a table to process. It can vary in size between 2-4 columns > and 2-100 rows. The table is a simple thing, containing just plain > text. > > What is the quickest/nicest way to copy the content of the table to a > 2D array? > > Stephenc I would do this in th...

UsedRange (Best way to determine to use for PrintArea)
Using XL 2003 & 97 How do I finish the following: ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ???UsedRange??? Attempting to use a Macro to set all PageSetup paramaters for all Sheets in the ActiveWorkbook. Got all except that I want to set the PrintArea to the UsedRange of each sheet. (Attempted and it did not work): Dim MyRange As Range MyRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange With EachSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = MyRange . ........................... End With Thoughts? TIA Dennis Hello Dennis MyRange = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Address HTH Cordially Pascal ...

Is there a way to import Quickbooks reminders into Outlook Calander or Task list?
I am using Outlook 2003 and Quickbooks Pro 2006. I have numerous reminders I need to keep up with in Quickbooks and I can't keep it open all the time, but Outlook is always open. Surely I am not the only person that has this issue. Does anyone know how to do this? I have searched the Quickbooks Marketplace for solutions and none yet. I am about to check their forums. DW Post back with a solution if you find one. Exporting is the property of = the program that you are using - not Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

VB
Can anyone tell me why Cells.Interior.ColorIndex = Int(Rnd * 56) + 1 works ok using the forms toolbar with a button click but does not work if you use the control box toolbar. Maria, What does "not work" actually mean? What version of Excel are you using? Open the Properties window for the control button and change the "TakeFocusOnClick" property to False. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "maria" <maria.stothard@sylvania-lighting.com> wrote in message news:07e...

Changing text/color after a time period?
I hope some of the brilliant Excel people here can help me out. What I am looking to do, is enter a date in a certain cell (if it helps conceptualize, the date that I ship something to someone). Is it possible to have that cell with the "ship date" in it, either change colors, or change the font size, or something, after 30 days have gone by? My reasoning is that the product I ship out, has to be back to me in 30 days, or a penalty will incur to the other party. I just want these fields that have exceeded the 30 day mark, to stick out, so I can easily identify them. Thanks for any h...

Formula Bar font color
Hi All! I don't know how I did this, but the information in the formula bar is showing up in white font... Please help! ... I want to change it back to black... TIA! LavaDude Try this (Think it's a windows setting) Right-click on any empty space in the desktop > choose Properties Select Appearance tab > Advanced button (in Win XP) In the Advanced Appearance dialog: Click on "Item" dropdown menu > choose Message Box Under "Color" for Font (in the line *below* "Item") Choose "Black" color > OK > Apply (and don't do i...

Restore deleted sent email
Hi, We have a need to recover an email that was sent to external parties from a user's mailbox. We cannot find a copy in the user's mailbox. Can it be "dragged" out of the Information Store somehow? The email was sent 3 days ago and there is a full nightly backup taken. Exchange 5.5 SP3 Thnx Phil What is deleted item retention period , if its is more than 3 days then u can recover using exmerge utilit O build a recovery server and restore the DB and then the mailbox and exmerge the data into a pst file ----- Phil wrote: ---- Hi, We have a...

how to restore dialog mouse/keyboard focus after catching exception???
My application throws an exception in a grid control that is attached to a dialog. The parent window of the dialog correctly catches the exception but mouse/keyboard focus is not restored to the parent window. I've tried a number of things (e.g. SetFocus, CaptureMouse, etc) but the parent window does not get mouse/keyboard control and so my application has effectively been shut down. I am forced to use the debugger to exit from the application. Would anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this problem. Ideally, I would like to catch the exception in the parent window or is t...

2003 restore disaster recovery: Are the details in the "2000" documentation valid for "2003"?
I seem to have had a massive hardware failure on an exchange server (the only exchange server in the domain). Luckily I have a good backup created following the 2003 guidelines. I just did a search for 2003 disaster recovery and from TechNet : Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Operations Guide > Restoring Exchange Server 2003 > Restoring Exchange Mailbox or Public Folder Stores Restoring Exchange Databases to Another Server The link goes to a detailed document for recovery of exchange 2000 ( http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/support/dbrecovr.mspx ) Are the...

IF number is grather than 100 color the cell red
I did this before but I can't remember how I did it. I want to have a column of numbers and if they are greater than a certain value ie: 120 , I want the sell to have the color red. Any ideas how to do this in Excel 2007? THanks Take a look at format|conditional formatting. Ron Boetger wrote: > > I did this before but I can't remember how I did it. I want to have a > column of numbers and if they are greater than a certain value ie: 120 > , I want the sell to have the color red. > > Any ideas how to do this in Excel 2007? > > THanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Any way to convert a license plus upgrades to a current license?
I have three licenses for MS Office on the Mac that go back as far as Office 98. Each has been upgraded to Office 2001, Office 2004, and Office v.X The problem is that as we upgrade to new Macs and recover from one failed hard disk the only way to re-install Office is to have the previous version running on the machine. Is there any way I can trade serial numbers with Microsoft so I can just install the latest version without installing 98, then applying three version upgrades in a row? In article <1157242866.942990.297340@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com>, "rhetorical" <gra...

Colors in the Spreadsheet
I have a Sony notebook, and when I use Excel I cannot see the colors on the screen. They are there, however, and they print out fine and I can see them in print preview, just not when I am working in the sheet itself. How do I get the screen to display the colors while I am working in the spreadsheet? Thank you!!! See: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Hope this helps Rowan Wardrober wrote: > I have a Sony notebook, and when I use Excel I cannot see the colors on the > screen. They are there, however, and they print out fine and I can see them > in print preview, ...

restore issue
Hi I am testing back up and restoe. I backed up IS and dismounted and deleted priv1.edb and priv1.stm from the original directory. I tried to restore IS wih "last restore set" option on and it faild and these are the errors Event ID : 904 IS (2920) callback function call ErrESECBRestoeGetDestination ended with erro 0xC7FE1F41 database in us. EventID : 8003 End restore to 'test\microsoft information store\first storage group' failed verify : off EventID : 8019 And I looked at the mdbdata folder and there were priv1.edb and priv1.stm files but I could not mount the sto...

not showing colors sometimes
I am using excel 2003. when i change colors in my excel sheet or graph colors and go to print preview it does not show colors. i have checked everything in page setup and print setup. color is selected everywhere. thankx! Make sure your default printer is a color printe -- Lilliabet ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2774 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49901 ...

"Automatic Formating" (colored bars)
I can't get the auto format for the colored bars to show. I have several set previously with no problem but I am trying to create one with "the word 'Week' in the subject field" to turn the orange color (or what ever color) but it won't. I've looked for other formats that may be overiding it but none. I have cleared form cache and emptied the Deleted items folder how many autoformatting rules are in the view? Someone else recently had problems with more than 4 autoformatting rules in a view and opening outlook with the /cleanviews switch fixed it - but u...