Anti Aliasing Quit in Office X

The Quartz anti aliasing has recently ceased to function in MSIE and
Office. I installed the patch update for MSIE and that fixed the issue
there. However, MSFT Office is not responding to the update to fix the
issue.

Any ideas as to how I can fix the anti aliasing issue? It is really
annoying and makes reading documents difficult..

Thank you.

M. Sagi
pallor@subnova.com
0
pallor (1)

First, go to Apple -> About this Mac, and make sure your OS version is at
least 10.1.5.  If it is any lower, go to Apple -> Software Update and update
to the latest version.

From there, go to Apple -> System Preferences, click the "General" tab, and
choose to "Turn off text smoothing for font sizes 8 and smaller.".  Relaunch
one of the Office applications.  Does that fix the problem?

If not, make sure you've downloaded the latest Office X updates, which are
10.1.2, 10.1.4, and 10.1.5  (10.1.3 is unnecessary).  They�re available from
Microsoft.
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx#OfficeX>

(You can check what version of Office you're currently using by going to
Microsoft Office X/Office/Microsoft Component Plugin, going to File -> Get
(or Show) Info, and checking the version.  It should be 10.1.5.)

Then, launch Word, go to Word -> Preferences, click the "General" button,
and make sure the option to "Enable Quartz Text Smoothing" is enabled.
Click OK, and then it should be working.  You can do the same thing for
Excel, PowerPoint, and Entourage, though in PowerPoint it is under the
"View" tab.

On 12/18/03 3:33 PM, in article
6014c593.0312181333.46eb8395@posting.google.com, "Pallor"

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
PowerPoint FAQ featuring PowerPoint:mac: <http://www.pptfaq.com/>

Chart with X Values
I have a number of data pairs that I would like to graph in a line chart. They are in (X,Y) format. I would like to get a chart (e.g. line chart) of these values such that each Y value is plotted at the X value. Every combination I have tried plots the pairs evenly spaced in the order they occur in the data sheet with the X values apparently only serving as labels. In other works, if I have 1 1 3 3 2 2 5 5 I would like to get a chart showing a straight line. How would I go about doing this? Hi, The Line chart uses a Categorical axis, except when doing Time series. Instead use th...

Entering password to open Excel file causes quit
When I open an important password-protected document in Excel (Office.X), it causes Excel to shut down. I tried opening in Neo Office but since the file is password protected, Neo won't open it. And I can't turn off the password without first opening in Excel, right? Any help would be much appreciated. Brad In article <1171983688.247786.290740@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com>, bgilmore@mail.com wrote: > When I open an important password-protected document in Excel > (Office.X), it causes Excel to shut down. I tried opening in Neo > Office but since the file is passw...

Office 2008 SP1 Update failing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel Hi there, I am attempting to install Office 2008 SP1 Update failing (12.1.0) but there is an error message when searching and selecting a destination. The error is: "You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on the volume. " How do I correct that problem and get SP1 installed. "noahwallach@officeformac.com" wrote: > The error is: > > "You cannot install Office 2008 SP1 Update (12.1.0) on...

Outlook 2000 in Office XP
After a computer crash I have reinstalled Outlook & brought it up to date by running all updates. I had saved my data with the backup utility downloaded from M/S. When I recovered my data, it was put into a Personal File in the Folder list. Now when I open Outlook, it opens into Outlook Today, which doesn't contain any of my backup info and is the only folder that I can get my e-mail to work in. How do I make the folder which contains my data become my default folder for the program and become the folder where I can use my e-mail. Or, vice versa, how to I get my data into the Ou...

Office pro 2003
Office pro 2003 - Works 2004, Publisher 2003, Plus! Digital Media Ed OFFICE SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL V2003 (c) MICROSOFT [5 CDs] CD1=OFFICE 11 CD2=FRONTPAGE 2003 CD3=VISIO 2003 PRO CD4=PROJECT 2003 PRO CD5=ONENOTE 2003 SN: OFFICE11: GWH28-DGCMP-P6RC4-6J4MT-3HFDY SN: for REST: WFDWY-XQXJF-RHRYG-BG7RQ-BBDHM Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 Microsoft Works Suite 2004 [5 cdS] SN:QTXM8-56C9R-XQPRT-CTJJ8-PPGGD Plus! Digital Media Edition (c) Microsoft 12 337 we will help You to find any software which need Yo...

The red X delete button to the right of recently visited URLs in IE8
In Internet Explorer 8, there is a red X to the right edge of each URL in the address bar that deletes the URL from the address bar's recently visited sites list. I keep accidentally clicking once I see the URL I want to go to highlighted, which when I'm not careful deletes it, since the cursor is often near the right edge (since that's the edge the button to view the list is on). Having a way to delete from this list is nice, but I would rather that it not be by just clicking (maybe require a right-click or something, but having going to it and deleting it seems a li...

Office 2003 Service Pack 1
After installing Office 2003 server pack 1 users are unable to view public folders via Outlook 2003 desktop client. Does anyone know if there is a fix available or how to fix this issue?? ...

My computer is br-down, may I use Office 2007 license other comput
I have a license of Office 2007 that I bought a year ago and my computer is brake down, how to install this license in my new computer? Yes you can unless your copy of Office 2007 came with your Pc/Laptop in which case you may have problems activating it. However, rules are made to be broken and so you can always install and try to activate online and if it fails, there is always a telephone method. hth "Maritza Gonzalez" <Maritza Gonzalez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A65ED644-2886-4957-8854-0379A1CCD3C5@microsoft.com... >I have a lic...

2 sets of "y" data points with one set of "x" data points
I am using Excel 2003 and trying to do a model for math class comparing the average ocean temperature to storm activity for the last 20 years. My x axis will be the year, then I would like to overlay the two sets of data (temp & storms). Any ideas on how to accomplish this? -- Doug Put your years in column A from A2 downwards, leaving cell A1 blank. Put a title for your first series such as "Average ocean temperature" in B1, with the temperatures in B2 downwards, and similarly "Storm activity" in C1 with numbers from C2 downwards. Select the range from A1 to ...

Out of Office Problems
Hi all we are currently running Outlook 2002 on our office computers through an Exchange 2000 Server. When the Out of Office box is enabled I have setup a rule to send any received messages to my internal and external email account. Outlook sends the message to my internal account and another message sais that the same message has been "Autoforwarded to my hotmail account" but I never receive it. I dont think the message has been sent. Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this probelm. Regards Anthony Foster Exchange, in its default installation, disables r...

Office 2004 s/n
Office 2004 running on an Apple Macintosh PowerBook OS 10.4.3 What file(s) have to be removed in order for Office to ask for your serial number to be entered? See here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html On 11/30/05 12:18 PM, "David Morriss" wrote: > Office 2004 running on an Apple Macintosh PowerBook OS 10.4.3 > > > What file(s) have to be removed in order for Office to ask for your serial > number to be entered? > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/ MacWord Tips: <http://www.word.mvps.org/MacWordNew/...

amount of memory preserved by Office Clipboard
how much system memory Word preserves for Office Clipboard? I'm asking because I have the following problem: When I try to add some items to Office Clipboard, after the 4th-5th item I get the message "Item not colected. Delete items to increase available space". However, when I copy an item outside the Word (eg Photoshop) the item is added in Office Clipboard without that message. (RAM 2GB OS win7.7100 RC 32-bit Office 2007 Pro) -- geotso ---- ---- --- -- -- - - Please, remove hyphens to contact me ---- ---- --- -- -- - - ...

Publisher documents have 'X's where images should be
Just this morning, Publisher documents have 'X's where Images are supposed to be. The images do not appear. I can click on the 'X', where the image is supposed to be, and the image can be viewed, but otherwise it is not seen or printed out. Was wondering if there is some setting that I should check or look at changing, or what other possibilities might be causing this issue. Thank you in advance for your help. Brian Stevens Brian Stevens wrote: > Just this morning, Publisher documents have 'X's where Images are > supposed to be. The images do not appear. &g...

Office 2004 for MAC #5

how to convert emails from outlook express into office outklook
my OE email account is inaccessable now that I installed MSN Outlook Today. Now the only way to see emails (hotmail account) with my MSN Premium paid subscription is going diretly into hotmail link. I paid for the subscription so I could link direct into OE and now with this upgrade I have less. Please tell me what I need to do to access my hotmail acct thru OE once again - or else tell me how to remove Outlook Today. TY lbj <lbj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > my OE email account is inaccessable now that I installed MSN Outlook > Today. Now the only way to see email...

How do I change the format of the page numbering to Page x of x?
In MS Word the page numbering can be Page x of x. How do I change the page numbering in MS Publisher to this? All it shows is Page x. I like it to show the TOTAL amount of pages in the document on every page. -- smags It can be done manually. I don't know if it can be done automatically tho. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "smags" <smags@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5DEF577-154E-4F08-B549-824E595D4447@microsoft.com... > In MS Word the page numbering can be Page x of x. How do I change the > page > numbering in MS Publi...

Back Office 4.5 & Exchange 5.5 Server migration to Win 2003 & Exchange 2003 Server
Hello, Is it possible to migrate a Back Office & Exchange 5.5 server to Win2k3 & Exchange 2003 and keep our NT 4.0 Domain enviroment. ==================== This is what we have: Winnt 4.0 PDC Winnt 4.0 BDC Back Office 4.5 w/ Exchange 5.5 (we want to eliminate this machine!!!) ===================== We have a seperate Win2k3 machine ready but not joined to the domain yet. Do we have to upgrade our Winnt 4.0 PDC aswell to Win2k3 or will our new Win2k3 w/ Exchange 2k3 fit in well in the NT 4.0 domain? What options & steps would be best to migrate? Thanks ahead of time, -Rene Enriq...

Microsoft Office 2004
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel I love our Mac, but have recently been having problems accessing Microsoft Office. When I go to open a blank document or project gallery, I can't access Excel. Just this morning I found I couldn't access Word. Can someone help me with this problem? On 6/26/08 3:09 PM, in article 59b52751.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "paiea48@officeformac.com" <paiea48@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2004 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: intel > > I love our Mac, but have re...

Office
I can not get outlook to use word as my e-mail editor. I have turned on word as my e-mail editor. outlook gives me a message saying can't find word although word works find by itself What versions of Outlook and Word? Did you install all of the relevant Office patches? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Robert asked: | I can not get outlook to use...

Office Publisher #2
I can't work individually with sections of a flyer to enlarge picture, change heading print size. I also can't get personal profile info onto this particular flyer. I got the logo to transfer over but not the rest of my personal business info. Any ideas??? Thanks. What version Publisher? You change your personal information, edit, Personal Information. When you want the information in your flyer, Insert, personal information. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Little Miss" <Little Miss@discussi...

Change Out of Office Message For User who is away
As a admin, I need to change a out of office message for a user. I don't want to reset there password and log in as them but I will if I have to. Anyone know how to change this will Exchange System Manager ? or any other admin tool ? There's no admin interface to change a user's OOF - you will have to login as the user. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <marmantrout@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161105669.229555.260140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > As...

error message after install office 2008 mac
After install is complete get this message " There is a problem with the office data base. Office might not be able to access the database or data base file might be damaged.....To rebuild the data base open MS Office 2008/office and then open MS database utility. For more info open the data base utility application and on help menu click database utility help". MY PROBLEMS ARE I do not know where or how to find MS OFFICE?OFFICE or MS DATABASE UTILITY etc. And after you tell me WHERE to find them, what do I do next? THANK YOU July 8 4:40 PM EST ...

Office 2008 #4
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I would like to know if Office 2008 is available for Powerbook G4 1.67GHz versions? I am new to these Macs and can't differentiate the difference between G4,G5, intel based and blah, blah blah. please advise. There's no doubt that Office 2008 will run on your Mac as long as your system meets the other requirements you'll find on this page: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/Office2008/system-requirements.mspx Also, in the future post your questions as NEW messages rather than "hijacking" other threads. Yo...

How to setup an "out of office" reply email
I'm going out of the country and will not be accessible to email for over 10 days. I wanted to setup an auto response to send to people when they send me an email during that time that says when i will return. I have received these from others before. How do I set this up when using Outlook 2000? In news:005701c3470c$7f3d9db0$a601280a@phx.gbl, Mark Hayes <markahayes@comcast.net> typed: > I'm going out of the country and will not be accessible > to email for over 10 days. I wanted to setup an auto > response to send to people when they send me an email > during ...

Out of Office #12
What are the disadvantages of having the Out of Office option enabled? Security? Spam? Thanks for any advice! There are pros and cons to this. Of course it gives your users the option of letting their contacs know when they are not avaliable. The con is, that if spam is sent to a user then the spam sending will get a message back which means this mailbox is alive and running and then it often leads to a spam mania on the mailbox. Regards Martin <brendan.steele@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1153769236.187300.237710@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > What are the disadvantage...