An install code missing

This is a little perplexing .<br>
I was able to install Office for Mac on two of my Macs but the third code doesn't seem to want to work. (it's actually the one in the middle of the three install codes listed on my product box)<br>
Any idea why this might be so, and how can it be fixed?
0
Bavanek (2)

On 2/11/08 11:07 AM, in article ee8d064.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Bavanek@officeformac.com" <Bavanek@officeformac.com> wrote:

> This is a little perplexing .
>
> I was able to install Office for Mac on two of my Macs but the third code
> doesn't seem to want to work. (it's actually the one in the middle of the
> three install codes listed on my product box)
>
> Any idea why this might be so, and how can it be fixed?

I would contact Microsoft and explain the problem to them. They should be
able to issue you another key.

Try this number: 800-360-7561

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/12/2008 3:04:20 AM
Thanks for the help Diane.

The person at the number you gave me a further number 1-800-668-7975 in case the departmental transfer of my call did not work.

It seems the product key I griped about is valid so they suggested I call for support when I get the laptop for which that last install is destined. They will then provide any needed tech support at no charge to insure the instal will work.

This is a good outcome and shows a new MS face!
0
Bavanek (2)
2/14/2008 5:52:26 PM
On 2/14/08 9:52 AM, in article ee8d064.1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Bavanek@officeformac.com" <Bavanek@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the help Diane.
>
> The person at the number you gave me a further number 1-800-668-7975 in case
> the departmental transfer of my call did not work.
>
> It seems the product key I griped about is valid so they suggested I call for
> support when I get the laptop for which that last install is destined. They
> will then provide any needed tech support at no charge to insure the instal
> will work.
>
> This is a good outcome and shows a new MS face!

Glad I could help and thanks for the additional number.

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)

Can't install Office 08 for mac.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I am now really frustrated... Have bought Office 08 Student and Home Edition in Birmingham about 3 weeks ago, have typed in the serial number which was then accepted, no problem, and the software generated my product ID, also no problem. However, it then showed that install failed because CAN NOT FIND THE CONTENT.. What's going on????? Please help... Thanks. I had a similar problem installing Office 2008, but only when it tried to update to 12.1. My solution was to drag the Office 2008 folder to the trash and rein...

IMF v2 Upgrade won't install
Hi, I've downloaded the latest IMF update (11-01-2007), running on Exchange2003 SP2, on W2K3 SBS. When it installs, it just seems to keep incrementing the progress bar in smaller and smaller bits, taking longer and longer between increments. Eventually I try to cancel, and end up having to reboot. Could the download be corrupted? If so, how do I force it to re-download. Thanks in anticipation -- Hugh Esler Cancel download, go to Microsoft Update and try to download it again. I've had issues a few times before it installed successfully. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenp...

Office Test Drive re-installs over Office 10.1.5
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3155982327_82575 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Hi . . . this happened in reverse order from any of the other Test Drive / full install postings I've found . . . In attempting to restore some Apple-installed software that was corrupted in a hard drive crash on my 12" Powerbook G4 (867mhz, os10.2.8), Office v.X Test Drive was re-installed. Although all of my user data is still intact,...

Item Codes
Is it possible to inactivate Item codes so they don't get used by staff? Thanks Do you mean Item Numbers Merle? If so, you can make the Item Type = Discontinued. This will prevent future purchases of the item but you can still enter adjustments and still sell the item unless you uncheck the 'Allow Sale or Discontinued Items' in SOP Setup. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com Thanks That was the information I was looking for. "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP&qu...

security update KB972696 will not install
Windows XP home, dial-up service, cannot get kb792696 to install. I get error code 0x8050855C. I cannot find this code doing a search. MS support is worthless so am asking for help here. Ran Malicious Software Removal Tool, found nothing. I use MS Security Essentials, have one red icon showing no protection, another green showing full protection. What????????? -- surveyor Double-check that KB number & error code, please. Is this a sudden, new problem? Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subsc...

End result of software installation for comparison
After the software is installed a table with all the changes that were supposed to be done. What users are supposed to be included in which groups, files, directories and their security settings. In order to get software to run a lot of systems are opened up and left that way because the software works. If a listing was made available there could be a comparison. Of course a program which could be run and make suggestions/corrections would be even better. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote...

Problem with re-installing Office Home and Student 2007
I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I run the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Can anyone help me with a way to overcome this? "makkih" <makkih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5BE1BE5-14DB-42F8-9BBC-AED3573FBFB8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I > run > the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has > stopped working". Can anyone help me with...

Error Installing CRM || cant pass through report service
Hi there, I tried to install CRM 3.0. I enter every information, just before it starts installation, which is the "System Requirement" page, I got everything pass except Microsoft SQL reporting service, it said that I need to set the Application Pool Identity to Network Service, so I follows, Now, the IIS Default AppPool is set with Identity = Network Service, also, in the reporting service configuration, I have set Windows Service Identity = Network Service and Web Service Identity = Network Service Now, another error from the "System Requirement" page for the ...

OT? Software installation
I hope this is not too OT. I'm trying to install some software (Abbyy Finereader into Epson Smart Panel) and need to go to the program folder where the relevant .exe file is. When I do, I see no way of actually opening the folder. I'm presented with a dialog box enabling me to scroll down and find the folder, but clicking it or doing anything else won't actually open it. What am I doing wrong? Rob Graham Rob Graham wrote: > I hope this is not too OT. I'm trying to install some software (Abbyy > Finereader into Epson Smart Panel) and need to go to the ...

Missing DIFF file from Exchange 2003 Offline Address Book
Exchange 2000 SP1 Offline Address Book issues 1. It was discovered during client OAB download "...0b (11) At least one ..diff file was missing from the server..." Will OAB Rebuild fix this problem? 2. Are there actual (NTFS) files that contain OAB differential files? Where are they stored? I notice an OU in Active Directory for OAB 3. Is it possible to view the OAB download size from daily differential? Via Outlook logging "Tools.Options.Other tab.Advanced Options.tick Enable logging" 4. Once a rebuild of OAB in item 1 is complete, is a full OAB download happening ...

Error Code 0x643
I just ran a manual Microsoft Update and all the high priority updates were successful. However, two "Software, Optional" updates failed. They are the following: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976569) - Error Code: 0x643 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB976570) - Error Code: 0x643 Looking back through my Automatic Update history, it appears these two updates failed a number of time previously too. My operating environment is: Wi...

Just installed MS Outlook '07. Unable to send messages.
Hit send/reply button; Received message undeliverable with following error message: 550 please configure mail client to use authentication. Don't know what this means and/or what to do. Please help. You have to set up your mail account to submit a password to both your POP3 and SMTP servers. -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Louie" <Louie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91BC5A00-C021-4CFD-89CA-C5BF4B1E83F1@microsoft.com......

New article: How to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on a SBS 2008
Hello all, We have a free article for you. There is no registration needed to view the article or to download the pdf. How to install BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express on a SBS 2008 http://www.smallbizserver.net/Articles/tabid/266/Id/343/How-to-install-BlackBerry-Enterprise-Server-Express-on-a-SBS-2008.aspx Special thanks to Jason Miller, Les Connor and Michael B. Smith for helping on this article. All are Microsoft MVP's. If you have questions logon to our site and go to the forums at: http://www.smallbizserver.net/Default.aspx?tabid=53 You need to register an acco...

my newreader download code instead of files or attachments
When I try to download from the newgroups, MS Office will download code. I will not get a complete file as in an MP3 or notepad message. I have used Agent Newreader and my files download complete. What am I doing wrong? "jdamoor" <jdamoor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE8FC6E6-CAC9-434C-B47B-2E98FB936A97@microsoft.com... > When I try to download from the newgroups, MS Office will download code. > I > will not get a complete file as in an MP3 or notepad message. I have used > Agent Newreader and my files download complete. What am I doing...

Tracking Tab Missing
running Outlook '07. Instructions say after requesting a delivery receipt, to go to the sent items and click on the sent msg. Then click on Show/Tracking in the Msg tab. Show or Tracking do not appear under the Msg tab. How do I access this feature? Have you received any response to the e-mail? You have to receive at least one response for the Tracking to kick in. Try sending yourself a copy as a BCC. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://suppo...

can't install KB978542
Windows Update has failed to install KB978542 several times on my Win XP machine. How to troubleshoot? "Jeff Ingman" wrote: > Windows Update has failed to install KB978542 several times on my Win XP > machine. How to troubleshoot? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602 Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? Is Windows Live Mail installed? What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee a...

Installing add-ins to Publisher 2002
I'm a former Mac user. Adding extensions on the Mac was a simple function of dropping the new extension file into the extension folder of the application. On the PC, I've just downloaded several "add-ins" for Publisher 2002. They're sitting on my desktop in zip files. How do I install or apply those add-in files to Publisher 2002? Tools, add-ins, browse... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "geacea" <geacea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8615184-7156-4642-866...

Word 2007, Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't creat
We have office 2007 professional installed, some users are getting the following error when opening word 2007 Runtime Error code: 429, Active X component can't create object. When I re-create windows profile it's works fine, Is any workaround for this, or is any easy way to just re-create offcie 2007 profile ? ...

Missing eMail content
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3344321199_316276 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit Entourage 2008 Version 12.1.5 Mac OSX 10.4.11 Mail from some correspondents always arrived in my inbox with no content. I have found that if I redirect the mail to myself I can see the content of the returned redirected mail 1. what is happening here? 2. can I find a more elegant way of recovering the situation without being...

Missing System Attendant mailbox
The first mailbox store became corrupted and cannot bring it back with edbutil /r although at the end it claimed to be fixed. Problem is, that the default system attendant mailbox was residing on this mailstore. Now, when I am trying to move mailboxes to the new mailbox store, it can not do it because of the missing SA mailbox. Creating new accounts to this new mailbox store is working well. How could I create an SA account on this new mailbox store, so I could move mailboxes from other mailbox stores? Thanks Have you restarted the SA sevice to recreate the SA mailbox on the new store? On...

CODE: get current dir of MDB file
I will be posting a few short snippets of code. Many of you coders already know these, but they should benefit other people as well. Here is code to find the current directory of the MDB file you currently have open. This is useful for saving output files (like report PDFS, text files, etc) to the same dir as your MDB file. It returns the current directory with a trailing backslash. Function CurrentDBDir() As String Dim strDBPath As String Dim strDBFile As String strDBPath = CurrentDb.Name strDBFile = Dir(strDBPath) CurrentDBDir = Left(strDBPath, Len(strDBPath) - Len(strDBFile)) End...

Slow Code Execution 02-16-10
Hi community. I wonder if anybody would be willing to have a quick look at my code below and offer me any suggestions for fine tuning/making faster? What you need to know: I have a userform which has two listboxes, the listbox values are: listbox1) values derived from oSourceDoc table rows, (oSourceDoc has a fourcolumn table with many rows I call entries) listbox2) values derived from name of all open documents in a particular network folder (U:\checkout). The code below does work, what it is designed to do is read which listitems the user has selected from listbox1...

CRM installation stoped with error msi cannot be installed
Hi I was trying to install CRM server on 2003 mechine . MSMQ,Indexing service, IIS, SQL2000 with SP3 are all installed. all the above services are running. But when i install crm stops reporting msi cannot install error 80004005 . i checked the event log and there it says APS server cannot be started or contacted odbc error. i belive Cristal report services are getting installed but cannot be accessed. Did any one come across such a problum. Is it authentacation problem. i dont have a password on my windows admin account but i have a passoword for sa account in sql server . please ...

Can't install Excell 2007
I successfully installed Excel 2007 on my desktop computer, but am unable to install it on my laptop. I get an error message stating that set-up can not find the following file: office-en-us/officeMUIset.xml I tried locating the file in all the directories on the CD, but can't find it. Can anyone help? ...

Error on default installation
Hi there. First of all let me explain that working with MS CRM is new for me and my first time. I've just installed the default MS CRM database and created the 6 users, etc. I am now trying to create a new email/lead/topic/etc. When doing that I get an error ======================================================= Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client (crmFormSubmitXml="<emailactivity><acti..."). Description: Req...