All Office Apps quit very slowly with no internet connection.

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I have Office version 12.2.1 installed.  I have noticed since about 12.1.x that if I do not have an internet connection, when I close Word, Excel, or PPoint, the apps close out very slowly.  The screen cleans up, but the info in the menu bar is very slow to close out completely.  I have even visited the Apple store to verify this.  It happens on two of my MBP's.  If there is an internet connection, then it's fast to close out completely.  This was an issue with Office 2004 until one of those updates fixed that issue.
0
kehrer1701

Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself
Running Exchange 2007, I have one user in our office who occasionally will have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. We use a certificate just one you can create yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user occasionally will have outlook check this for him. He unchecks the area and it works for awhile but eventually it returns. Any help wou...

connect to shared printers
I have two shared printers on an XP PC - i can install one of the drivers locally but when I try to connect to (install as) remote printer 7 says it cannot find the install files and looks for inf files. The other, an Epson Stylus 600 - it appears there's no drivers for 7 - is this correct? Thanks, J. Is your Windows 7 machine 64 bit? (Assume yes since you are posting in a 64 bit specific newsgroup). There are supposed to be drivers for both 32/64 supplied with Windows/WU. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/Windows-7/en-us/Details.aspx?type=Hardware&p=Eps...

internet is not working in IE8, while same settings works in mozil
hi i am connected to internet using LAN.and i am using the windows2007 OS. i have configure the same proxy settings in internet explorer , Mozilla and GTalk. but i can not access the internet from internet explorer, while Mozilla and Gtalk are connected to internet. i have reset the default setting of internet explorer but that also not working. anyone please help me to sort it out. even some times the LAN icon will show limited connectivity while i am able to access the internet from Mozilla and Gtalk . thanks in advance ...

Office 97 & Win2k/XP
Dear All I have posted this question before but does anyone know of a workaround to access VBA running the above combination on a PC? Alt+F11 doesn't work and of course trying to load any Excel sheet with Macros returns a NO PERMISSION dialogue. I'm not going to moan about our IT Manager because he is extremely busy with other IT Projects and he states that he has been trained in hardware and programming not software. He won't upgrade the installation on the PC because he claims that no one will use the features in the newer version of Excel (which is stopping my program running...

Encryption and Decryption with office 2007 document
Hi, I am working on VS 2005. I want to upload and download office 2007 document . below is the code giving warning whlie downloading the file. warning is saying of corruption of content . But if i click on yes it shows the file content. I don't want this warning message. Please help me. I am downloading and uploading data in chunks. Private Sub SaveWithEncrypted() If System.IO.File.Exists(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") Then File.Delete(Server.MapPath("~") + "/test/test1.docx") End If Dim theStream As System.IO.Str...

Turn off internet access in Outlook
I need to turn off internet access in Outlook. This includes "favorites" as well as "tools on the web". We have turned off internet access to our users but they still access the internet through Outlook. Can someone tell me how to do this? Thanks! ...

mnybb.exe + Norton Internet Security
Hi- I have MS Money 2005 on my computer and Norton Internet Security 2005 is always prompting me that mnybb.exe (the ms money background banking program) is trying to connect to the internet and it asks what I want to do. I always select Always Allow and click OK but it will just ask me again in about 5 secs. I check the program list inside norton and it says Permit All for Money Background Banking. Does anyone have any idea what I can do or what I think will be more helpful - any ideas why this is occuring as I think the problem may be with Norton IS. Thanks- -Dan ...

Office:Mac 2004
I did a complete clean install on my Mac first to Tiger, then an upgrade to Leopard. I then installed all my applications. Everything seems to work; however, in my Applications Folder, Microsoft Office 2004, Office Folder I have an English Dictionary and an English Dictionary 2. How did that happen? Can I delete the "2" safely? No. Leave it there. In general, messing with your Applications folder is not a good idea, especially for big complex programs such as the Office suite. In particular, most of the stuff in the Applications/Office 2004/Office folder is used to keep Office ...

Getting sick of Office 2007 fatal errors...
Every so often MSWord 11 or Excel or PPoint dies upon starting the app. I have a legit Office 07 Ultimate version, installed in a new PC with Vista x64. Initially I decided to upgrade to Windows 7, but frequent freezes continue to happen. All products are updated. Usually the killer is the ** ntdll.dll ** module. Any MS brilliant idea? This is my last error event: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 5/14/2010 8:36:31 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: ...

AD connection
How do I configure Outlook 2000 to see the Active Directory user info - I would like to use AD as my global email address book for the company. ...

Error in exporting to Excel from BP/Office Web Comps are Installed
Hello: In Business Portal 4.0 on a Vista Business machine with Office 2007, I get an error when trying to export a query to Excel. The message says, literally, that the file that it is trying to create cannot be found on the user's desktop. I'd like to say to it, "Hey, no kidding.....that's because I need you to create the file first!". I have already installed the Office Web Components on the machine. I had gotten an error, originally, about Office Web Components. But, once I installed, that error went away. Any ideas on this new error? childofthe1980s ...

How to disable and enable the internet connection
Hi All, i am a new guy to network programming. any one can tell me how to disable or slow the internet connection. REGARDS ranjith Lots of ways, pick one: 1. Pull network cable. 2. Uninstall network card driver. 3. Uninstall tcp/ip. 4. Misconfigure your IP address and/or network mask and/or gateway and/or DNS. 5. Turn the DSL/Router power off. 6. Cancel your account with the ISP. Some of those you can do programmatically too... "mappla" <ranjithsubra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181168054.223682.131480@i38g2000prf.googlegroups.com... &...

Out of Office Assitant Missing!!! Anyone got info on this?
My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "Help" menu is not of any help. I'm using Windows XP. I know I've used it in the past on this computer but now it is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions? Thanks, Celtic Dog Dear Celtic, If your Outlook on this computer is not connected to an Exchange Server, then there will be no Out of Office Assistant. The Out of Office Assistant is only available in "networked" versions of Outlook. Bob Sullivan "Celtic Dog" wrote: > My "Out of Office Assitant" is missing and the "He...

Updates to Office v.x
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Are there any updates to Office? I have a computer lab that is running it (we can't afford 2008 yet) and I need to know if there will be any future problems. Is MS supporting v.x any more? In article <59b765f3.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <davidwick@officeformac.com> wrote: > Are there any updates to Office? I have a computer lab that is running it (we > can't afford 2008 yet) and I need to know if there will be any future > problems. Is MS supporting v.x any more? http://support.microsoft....

What is Oice in Microsoft Office 2007
I found a file in Office 2007 Home and Student called Oice that appears to be an Outlook data file but the version of office does not come with outlook. What is this file? We would need a lot more information to be able to help. When you say you "found" this file, where did you find it? What were you doing? Is that the full file name? What is the extension on the file? Does this file interfere with Office? If yes, how? The only thing that comes to my mind offhand is an old add-in called "Office in Color" that added themes and options to Microsoft Offic...

Updates to Office 2004
I'm running OS 10.4.7 on an Intel iMac 20" and have Microsoft Office 2004 (vs. 10.1.6). I've downloaded, but have not installed, the following updates: Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.3.0 Update Office 2004 for Mac 11.2.1 Update Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 2 PST Import Tool for Entourage 2004 for Mac Microsoft Entourage 2004 Junk E-mail Filter Update 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft AutoUpdate for Office 2004 for Mac Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac Service Pack 1 (11.1.0) Microsoft Office 2004 Deployment Documentation Business Bright: Entourage Signatures and Backgrounds Creat...

Local and Internet name...
Hello, I got a problem with a exchange 2003 SBS. The domain name ( let say 123.org ) is by a provider , I configured pop3 connector to pik up email, this works fine. As some 123.org users are in my lan and others around the country, I got a problem when I try to send a mail to the users that are not configured in my server. The exchange server server answer me that the user is unknown. I heve certainely configured the server as as the FQDN 123.org name mail name and this is my problem. So my question is, can I change that and where. Thank you very much for any help. Jean-Pierre ...

Error uploading Office after upgrading to Leopard
I erased and reformatted my harddrive, installed Leopard, and reinstalled Office for Mac. Now I have problems opening office. It says there is "error uploading microsoft office framework" everytime i open it. It eventually opens, but it takes 2 minutes. On 1/21/08 6:37 PM, in article bd58549f-3e3e-4aa8-9ca0-089b174dfb4c@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "Chris" <cj6855@gmail.com> wrote: > I erased and reformatted my harddrive, installed Leopard, and > reinstalled Office for Mac. Now I have problems opening office. It > says there is "error uploading mi...

Office 2008 issue?
Hi all, Got my Office 2008 Student ver. When I use Word and try to use the "Show all Windows" (F9 default), it doesn't give me the blue shade. However, there is no problem with other app. like PowerPoint, Excel. I am wondering if that is a known for Tiger or both Tiger & Leopard. Thank you by "blue shade", do you mean showing the name of the document when you hover over a window? If so, yes, it's a known issue, but you can use Help | Send Feedback to let MS track that yet another person ran into this problem. If you mean something else, please explain. ...

not able to connect to server
whenever I start outlook for the first time I get a message saying that the server is unavailable but when I select retry it comes up any suggestions ...

Bast way to internationalize app with dlls
I have an application that has functionality broken up into several dlls, some dynamically loaded (plug-in style), and others statically loaded (code shared by the exe and the dynamic dlls). The exe and the dlls all have their own resources (English). I want to be able to change the language of the application on the fly. In the past, when I only had a single exe, I just created several resource-only dlls and used AfxSetResourceHandle(). However, now that I have broken functionality into additional code dlls, things are more complicated. 1) What is a good architecture to handle langua...

Syncing Exchange Tasks with mac office 2004
I am a mac laptop living on a windows run office. We are installing the latest exchange version, but have read that mac office 2004 will pull all your data from exchange except tasks. Is this true? Is there a work around? On 11/25/04 7:34 PM, in article BDCBC810.C76%kmurray@purcellmurray.com, "Kevin Murray" <kmurray@purcellmurray.com> wrote: > > I am a mac laptop living on a windows run office. > > We are installing the latest exchange version, but have read that mac office > 2004 will pull all your data from exchange except tasks. > > Is this true...

MFC app fails trying to display a dialog containing an ActiveX con
Hi all, I am working on a dialog-based MFC application, which consists of multiple property pages. From one of the property pages, I am trying to launch a dialog box which contains an ActiveX control. This is currently not working and the application exits with an access violation error when I call DoModal for the dialog. On debugging, I see this is due to AfxGetThread() returning NULL in AfxOleInit(). A subsequent statement in AfxOleInit() tries to dereference this NULL pointer. This does not happen if I display the dialog-box from the application's InitInstance() function instea...

New File feature in Microsoft Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm able to click the New File feature in the MS Document Connection and it launches Word since that is the default doucment type for the document library in our sharepoint site. Once I create the document how do I actually get it to save back into Sharepoint without having to save it locally then Upload or add the File. ...

Internet Explorer not working
I tried to reinstall IE8 because it stopped working, and it comes up, you have an newer copy. I do not have a newer copy, so can one of please help me fix it. If you can find sometime to drop me a line on how to solve this that would be great. mjs3@rogers.com Thank You, Mike Unfortunately, "it stopped working" does not provide sufficient detail for someone to be able to help you. We don't even know what version of Windows you have. So we can't possibly know whether reinstalling IE 8 is in your best interests. Here's my guess at what your original problem ...