Address Book and other questions?

I have the following questions:

How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. -
detailed address cards?

Can I change the color palette in Entourage?

0
schiffer (1)

"Craig Schiffer" wrote:

> How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. -
> detailed address cards?

I've never used Outlook so I couldn't even guess at how it looks. You need
to post screenshots and give details of what you want the Address Book
contact to show.

You can post a screenshot link using a service like ImageShack.
<http://imageshack.us/>

How To Post Screen Shots To Newsgroups

1. On your keyboard, press Command-Shift-4.
2. On your keyboard, press the space bar.
3. Click the window you want. A picture file will appear on the desktop.
4. Go to http://imageshack.us/.
5. Click Browse, then navigate to and select the picture file.
6. Click "host it!".
7. Paste the "Show image to friends" URL in a newsgroup message.

> Can I change the color palette in Entourage?

You can't. Send your feedback to Microsoft.

When working in Office, you can use the �Send Feedback� option under the
Help menu in all of the Office applications or visit

<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/suggestions.mspx>

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)

Question for "application-defined or object-defined error" retrieve outlook contact
Hello, I used the VB to retrieve the outlook XP contact list. When I run the application, it prompt a dialog box. In the following is the dialog box message: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". When I click "Yes", the screen prompt out "Error 287: Application-defined or object-defined error". In normally, if click "Yes", the VB program can retrieve all contact records out, but in my case, it flows this error. Any exp...

501 5.1.3 Syntax error in mailbox address
Help! I've been trying to send some distro. e-mails through outlook. (Well under the e-mailnumber limit set by my e-mail provider). I have gotten at 50% or more sent back for the above message, the e-mail address it couldn't send to, and "(non-printable character)" behind it. I called my provider and they said it was a microsoft error. What in the world is wrong? It took me 2 hours to send 278 e-mails the other day!!! Below is the message minus the e-mail address. It repeats this in the e-mail for every address it did not send. And it's not just one provided tha...

Using Target.Address in Excel 98
Hi I have a code which as Target.Address which works in Excel 2000 but will not work in excel 98. Does anyone know what code to use for when a workbook change is to take affect. The current code which works in Excel 2000 is below: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$G$26" Then If Range("G26") = "Other" Then ActiveSheet.Unprotect Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("E28") = "Please speficy:" Sheets("Recording Sheet").Range("G28:I28").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 ...

Any books or articles about the UI design in MFC?
Any books or articles about the UI design in MFC? It is rather a difficult thing to customize the design generated by the MFC wizard for a starter. Should I always hold up a message, and then write my own code, if I want to modify the classical window design, for example, to paste a picture on the postion of the menu and the toolbar or change the color? Thank you very much. > Any books or articles about the UI design in MFC? > > It is rather a difficult thing to customize the design generated by the MFC > wizard for a starter. > > Should I always hold up a message, an...

simple question
hello, how do i reset my StatusBar data when user opens a new document (File->New) ? i tried something like this (it doenst work because status bar isnt ready yet) BOOL CGraphicalEditorDoc::OnNewDocument() { if (!CDocument::OnNewDocument()) return FALSE; ((CMainFrame*)AfxGetMainWnd())->UpdateStatusBar(BLA,BLA,BLA); return TRUE; } i mean by "status bar isnt readey yet" is it return an assortion error ...

Memo field spacing question
I have a memo field in a form and I want to be able to have the user hit enter to move to the next line of the space, however when you hit enter in the field it just brings you to the next field in the form. In excel I would accomplish this by hitting the alt and enter key - how do i do this in a memo field on a form? You can hit Ctrl+Enter or Shift+Enter or set the property sheet (Enter Key Behavior property) for the control to New Line in Field (on the Other tab). -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Belinda7237&q...

Another Date Validation question (date +1)
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to build in a date validation on my form that ensures that the start date that is entered for the new record is equal to the the end date from the "previous" record plus one. I did some searching in the group and saw that it would be difficult perhaps to do that b/c databases don't work like spreadsheets so the concept of "previous" is a little different and I wanted to do this I would have to have some sort of counter field that associates the records? Is that correct. This is what is on my form: 1: Last day of previous period (date fiel...

Pivot Tables question
I have two colums of data such as: French / Male British / Female Chinese / Child French / British / Male Chinese / French / French / Female I create a pivot table that shows me how many instances of blank (n data) in column 2 for each item in column 1 (nationality), in this cas French 2 times, Chinese 1 time. The question is the way I have it set up I have to un-check (100 lines) all of the instances of male/child/female etc. in order t leave only the Blank instances. How can I just choose to see only t...

exchange question(urgent reply needed asap)
i have created an exchange email a/c in outlook at my home to test the exchange installation at my work. but there seems to be a prb. i can't access any of my exchange folders or even my inbox. can anyone plases help me . this is urgent Ibrahim Full mapi access needs to have multiple ports open on the firewall, including 135, and is a really bad idea. Leaves you open to far too many DoS and DDoS attacks. For external users, set them up with imap or OWA instead. -- hth, SusanV "Ibrahim@ibrahim.com" <ibrahim@ibrahim.com> wrote in message news:%23yjiXFmuDHA.3416@tk2msftn...

W2K3 Eval key question
The server setup group doesn't seem to be discussing Windows 2003 server stuff so I thought I'd try here instead. Please redirect me if I'm incorrect. Can I use the product key on the original W2K3 eval kit (no SP) I have for installing W2K3 R2 SP2 eval which I recently downloaded? I have not used the original eval kit and it appears I can only order a Windows 2008 Server eval kit from MS these days, although I did manage to locate the download for the 2K3 R2 SP2 disc images at MS but not a method for getting the key emailed to me. I'm lucky I found what I did ...

Phantom contact folders appearing in address book list
When I click the To: button on a new email or open the OUtlook address book I have many more contact folders listed in the "Show Nems from the:" box than I have actual contact folders. Most of these are names of folders I have previously replaced or deleted. How do I get rid of the phantom folders names appearing in the lists? I'm running WinXP 64 & Outlook 2003. I sure appreciate your help, John Just remove it. Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change… > -- Russ Valen...

Cell Format Question
Is there a way to format a cell, so that I can just enter a number without having to manually enter a decimal point at the end? I believe that I've tried it every which way, and it just doesn't happen. For instance, I'll use the "Number" format, then specify 0 decimal points, type in "20", and it'll just say "0" (meaning, less than one half). Can I just enter "20", and have it appear as "20"? I only need to enter whole numbers in these cells. I know that it's easy enough to just type the decimal point at the end, but am ...

Hide Address Bar
In GP 10, there's an address bar at the top of the home page. Is there a way to hide or delete that address bar? Thanks! Mary Fetsch The address bar is now a fixture in Dynamics GP 10 and cannot be removed. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Mary Fetsch" wrote: > In GP 10, there's an address bar at the top of the home page. Is there a way > to hide or delete that address bar? Thanks! > > Mary Fetsch Tha...

Customer Address Mass Delete
Hi, After an data migration, I need to delete all the customer addresses. How can I do it without mass delete the accounts ? Thanks, Hugo In SQL query analyser run following statement against your MSCRM database:- DELETE CustomerAddressBase Not supported, but it works Peter Lynch "Hugo Fonseca" <HugoFonseca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983A60F1-22C2-45A8-83C3-19E68AF8906A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > After an data migration, I need to delete all the customer addresses. How > can I do it without mass delete the accounts ? > > Thanks,...

1 address differnt users
Hi My wfe and i have one email address but different log ins on our pc. Is there any way of seeing all our emails on our individual logins as if i read an email it doesnt appear on hers ??? Please help Thanks Vince I would have preffered having one email address and both seeing emails on each log in. Is that not possible ? "Vince Averello" wrote: > There some info here that may help: > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm > > I'd suggest that the two of you get separate email accounts to make things > simpler. > > "SimonH" <S...

A question nobody probably knows the answer to. :)
I am migrating from VS 6.0 to VS .NET 2003. We have a third party library that uses the AUX_DATA structure defined in afximpl.h. One of the members it is using is bWin4 - A BOOL value to tell if we are on a Windows NT 4.0 platform. In VS .NET 2003, bWin4 was removed from the structure. In fact, all the BOOL values for the different windows flavors have been removed, except for bWin95. Anyone know why this is and what the best course of action I should take in modifying our 3rd party code to be up to date with the new afximpl.h that came with VS .NET 2003? Thanks. "Leo" <l...

adderss book missing wab dill.
when i go to my adderss book i got wab dill missing You have provided no information. I would guess you are using a long defunct version of Outlook. Tell us what version that is and the steps you used to receive that error version. Include your Operating System. -- Russ Valentine "elkmack" <elkmack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:173C668D-E407-4159-9916-EAB31490A0BA@microsoft.com... > when i go to my adderss book i got wab dill missing ...

Question about printing
For some reason my printer prints three copies of everything in a specific Excel spreadsheet. I reduce the number in the print screen to one, but if I close and reopen the file it returns to three. How can I set up one copy as the default? OK -- I only know this 'cause it happened to me too. But for future reference this is an Access Forum. Anyway, Go To Start | Printers and Faxes. Right click the printer that you are using go to Properties. In the General Tab Click on Printing Preferences. Then click on Advanced. There's an option that says Copy Count. Make sure that&#...

question regarding transaction log files
Does the transaction log file (E000X.log) contain the contents of emails sent or received by a user or it just contains information regarding emails. The reason i am asking this is that incremental backup will only backup the transaction log files, not the databases. My concern is that if i perform a Normal backup on Monday and then perform incremental backup for the rest of the week and then i have a database crash during the week, will I be able to restore emails received to the database after the last Normal backup? Thanks. if you do a weekly fulll, and then a nightly incremental,...

Sending to multiple addresses in a single contact file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have a Group of contacts within which there are multiple e-mail addresses for each contact (i.e. Work E-mail and Personal E-Mail). When I add the contacts to the Group it will only send to the primary e-mail address. How do I instruct Entourage to include all of the available e-mail addresses in a contact file when added to a Group? ...

Creating Chapters for Book (Word 2007)
I want to create a book using Word 2007 that mets the following criteria: 1. Each new hard page creates a caption, preformed and ready to be included in a table of contents. 2. I want to have subchapters which I can insert wherever I want them. 3. All of this has to be preformatted for a table of contents. How is this done? Use the Heading 1 style for your captions. Add "Page break before" to the Heading 1 style (and modify the font and paragraph formatting as desired). Instead of inserting a manual page break, apply the Heading 1 style to the next parag...

Using anonymous e-mail address
I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill, Susie, and so forth) in groups. My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous address, too. How can I emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show your IDs appear as "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address intact for e-mail. Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on Win XP Home PC. Thanks in advance. Joseph, The email address that you see that are ma...

Check book register template
I just started using the Checkbook register template and love it. Until I need to add some more rows, now the addition and subtraction feature in the Balance column doesn't work. What did I do wrong? How can I continue to put information in added rows and continue to get the Balance feature to work. Thanks for your help -- JM Hazel When you insert a new, empty, row into a checkbook, you are usually introducing a blank cell into a column containing formulae. You need to continue the formulae through the blanks. 1. find a blank cell with a formula above 2. select the cell and to...

Navigation question
Is there a keyboard shortcut for returning to the most recent edit (equivalent of Shift+F5 in Word)? [to avoid potential misunderstanding, I don't mean going to the active cell, which is Ctrl+Backspace]. Thanks Hi AFAIK there's no such shortcut / functionality -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany NOtoUCE@execulink.com wrote: > Is there a keyboard shortcut for returning to the most recent edit > (equivalent of Shift+F5 in Word)? > > [to avoid potential misunderstanding, I don't mean going to the > active cell, which is Ctrl+Backspace]. > > Thanks ...

XML question #2
Hi, I don't know much about XML but I thought it was a cross platform data file. I opened a CSV file in XL and saved it as XML. Not only did it save the file structure, plus the data, but also saved a lot of XL specific stuff. Now, I want to open the XML file with another programme (Filemaker) but I get an XML parsing error when it gets to the "ProtectScenarions" tag. Is there some way to save the file without all the XL-specific stuff ? Is there such a thing as "plain XML" ? Thanks Yrrreth. ...