Adding to another puter

I downloaded Office to my laptop- now I find i would like to use it on
my desktop also but I have no CD or DVD how can I get it onto my
desktop? Oh I run Tiger on both computers.

Any help gratefully accepted
Prin

0
theprin (1)

What did you download?  I'm pretty sure you can only purchase Office retail.
Did you download the trial version?

Most downloads on a Mac produce a NameofDownload.dmg file, which is the
compressed disk image.  You should just be able to copy that over to the
other computer.

If your real question is "how do I network my laptop and desktop", you'll
need to ask somewhere else, and it depends on the particular machine which
type of cable you use to connect them.

How did you get Tiger onto a computer with no CD or DVD?  Get Office there
the same way.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

daiyaNOSPAM (1173)

adding an Exchange 2003 server...
We have an SBS 2000 box running Exchange 2000. Can we keep this box around for everything else it does, but add a new Win2K3 box with Exchange 2003 on it? How difficult is it to then move all of our Exchange 2000 db stuff over from the SBS server to the new one Exchange box? Thanks, Brad You'll want to post this question in an SBS newsgroup. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:ubHJHtr0GHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > We have an SBS 2000 box runn...

Index Function acceptig data from another sheet
I have posted a file at: https://filesanywhere.com I can enter cell referances in the arguments for the index function and it will return the value in the intersecting cell, but when I enter the values for the arguments by pointing to cells on another sheet I receive errors, even though the value in the cells I pointed to is identical to the values entered manually. I think that the posted file explains the problem better. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Not able to open the link "Gulfman100" wrote: > I have posted a file at: > https://filesanywhere.com > &g...

adding lines of code to a macro to delete rows
Hello: As the last step of a macro that I have written, I need all rows at the end of this spreadsheet to be deleted. (The rows at the end of the spreadsheet have bogus data, and I need to get rid of all of those rows and leave just rows of "real" data--long story short.) Specifically, the row after the last row of "real" data is a cell in column A that simply contains the word "Grand". How do I put in code at the end that says "delete all rows at the end of this spreadsheet beginning with this last row that contains just the word 'G...

How can formulas be used to create another formula?
This is probaby very simple, but I really don't know a lot aout formulars. When I have created formulas to work out the percentage of each sales type that we have, I then need to use this % as a part of another formula, Ie Sales type A is 50% of our overall sales "=sum(B1/B3)*100", I am am then trying use this 50% to apportion our wages bill to a sales type. When I create another formula "=sum(B10/B13)*the cell reference of the formula I previously calculated" it is throwing out the incorrect answer. Can anyone give me a simple answer to a very simple question a...

XP in Windows 2008 R2 AD
Hi, I want to install and configure the Windows 2008 R2, whith Domain and Forest Level in Windows 2008 R2. My workstations are Windows XP 3. Is there any pre-requisite to join Windows XP in Windows 2008 R2 Domain? Thanks. Luiz Hello Luiz, No, they should work in the domain as in previous ones. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hi, > > I wan...

code in module A to not execute a Worksheet_SelectionChange sub of another module
Hi all, In the sheet module of sheet("totaal") I have a sub (see below between the first two ---- lines) that gives me a certain button in the upper left corner of sheet("totaal") when I scroll to the right to another part of that large sheet. In a regular code module I have a sub (see below the second --- line) that switches to the Worksheet_SelectionChange sub when it arrives at the autofilter part and in numerous other occasions of which the code lines are not shown below. In principle it does no harm, but it takes a lot of time, which is unnecessary. How can ...

Adding a Crystal Report to the RMS reports folder
I can create a Crystal Report for the RMS but when I try to veiw the report I get a error message. What are the steps I need to follow to add the report to RMS so the user can view it Hi..richuscav, You have to make <reportname>.def file along with <reportname>.rpt file and put it in CrystalReport directory of store operations. You can have a reference of dafault DEF files in that directory. If the DEF file is correct you will get the report in Manager. I think this subject is already discussed in this forum,,so search for it. Good luck, CP.Dinesh Jumbo Electronics Co.LLC...

adding core modules and service pack
we are adding extender to our current system after installing extender should I rerun the current service pack before running the utilities or can I install the newer service pack and only run the utilities once ...

Publisher 03 -how to move parts of brochure to a another brochur.
how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another fcircle wrote: > how do I merge panels of info from one pub. brochure to another Copy paste from one Publication to another. Line the two publications side by side vertically on the page. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com Windows Marketplace Moderator This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Another question regarding Dates..
First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? Ie Year = 2004 day number = 302 The answer I'm looking for is 28/10/2004 Again, taking into consideration the leap years Thanks again in advance =DATE(2004,1,302) Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anthony Slater" wrote: > First, thanks to the replies to my previous post. > > How can I work out the day & month when I only know the Year and Day Number? > > Ie > > Year = 2004 > day number = 302 > > The answer I'...

Adding the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro?
Can I add the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro? If so, how? You'll need to ask the folks that make it. http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/faqs.htm Jeff wrote: > Can I add the Mathtype add-in to MS Office 2010 Pro? If so, how? ...

Removing Downloaded "E" flag from transactions copied or added to Bills & Deposits
I have a couple of transactions that were downloaded from the bank that I have added to Bills & Deposits. However, each time the bill comes due and is added to the register, the "E" shows up in the cleared column and "Downloaded" appears in the transaction detail. The same is true if you wish to copy a transaction to another account. There appears to be no way to clear this indicator. Am I missing something? Thanks for any help. Bill, If I understand your correctly, you added the payments to Bills and Deposits from your account register after they were downloaded f...

prevent public Meeting Request auto-added to User Calendar
In this small office I set up common resources/rooms as calendars in public folders. Users are Authors by default. When a User creates a meeting request in one of these calendars, and another User opens the item, it gets automatically added to that User's personal Calendar, even if they are not an invitee, even if they close it immediately without accept/decline/tentative. I realize this is probably expected behavior. I tried turning off "Process requests and responses" but it still happens. Is there any way of preventing this from happening, especially without impactin...

New Email to a Category of Contacts
Strange problem, I have set up a number of categories to easily allow blast emails to my network of contacts. I select a category (no more then 19 contacts), then action, create, new message to contact, and receive the following warning: "Some of the contacts do not have email addresses ......" The email is then missing a number of contacts. When I look at those contacts, their email addreses are populated correctly. Also, I can create emails to them one by one, but never grouping more then one together. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 64 bit. Thanks in adv...

Adding comma seperated values within a single cell
I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated numerals contained within a single cell. For example if the the cell A1 contains: 4,5,3 I want the result of the fuction (say in a2) to display the result of 12 Any help greatly appreciated. Regards Mike On Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:39:01 +1100, Michael Toal <M.Toal@bom.gov.au> wrote: >I need to come up with a custom function that will add up comma seperated >numerals contained within a single cell. > >For example if the the cell A1 contains: > >4,5,3 > >I want the result of the fuction (sa...

To be able to copy the format of the report to another report
Modify two different invoice forms and also two different forms for HISTORICAL invoice printing. A number of modifications have been done and it would be very much helpful if there's a way to copy the format of one to report to another. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Yet another "Outlook won't close" post....tried everything!
Hello - I'm running Outlook 2003 in cached Exchange mode on Windows XP Pro. All outstanding WinXP and Outlook patches/updates have been applied. As other users have experienced, when I close Outlook by any method, the Outlook icon stays in the system tray and the only way I can close it is to kill the process through Task Manager. Until I do that, I can't start Outlook. I've read all the other messages on this group and website suggestions about this problem, which seem to indicate is that there's another program/process integrated with Outlook that is hanging Outl...

Adding Comments From Cells To Chart Points.
Hi all I have spent a large portion of my weekend trying to find the answer to this. Without much luck! I have finally come up with my own code and was hoping someone could have a look at it. I'm looking to clean it up and make it a little more efficient. Thanks in advance, Greg. Sub AddCommentsToChartPoints() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim serSeries As SeriesCollection Dim ser As Series Dim Counter As Integer Dim ChartName As String Dim xVals As String Dim xAddress As String 'Loop through each worksheet in workbook For Each ws In Worksheets 'Lo...

dialog template from one project to another
How the heck do you "export" a dialog template from a project for use in another project? >How the heck do you "export" a dialog template from a project for use in >another project? If you open both project's RC files in the IDE, you should be able to copy/paste the dialogs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq BobF wrote: > How the heck do you "export" a dialog template from a project for use in > another project? If the dialog template is in project_2, open its resource file in project_1 and copy/paste. It's kind of trick...

Validations from another book
In data/validation the source is =() but to access the source via another book is it simply a matter of giving the full path name? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:co2ghh$6oh$1@newsg3.svr.pol.co.uk... > In data/validation the source is =() but to access the source via another > book is it simply a matter of giving the full path name? > > > See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Mess...

No attribute when adding parent customer to person
we see this message quite frequently. We add a new business, fill out all the data. Create a new person and when we add the company in the parent company field and save we get a no attribute error. Usually I will delete the person and recreate the person and it works. However this person has opened a new company and we do not want to lose the old links. Hi John, Can you provide the error message to us? or do you have access to the server event viewer? Do you see any errors there? If so can you please post the message here as well so we can help further. Thanks! Darren Liu, Microsof...

moving data from one sheet to another
I have records in sheet1 as follows: A B C D E 1 NAME SEX SUBJECT COLLEGE WHETHER SELECTED 2 A MALE MATHS XAVIER YES 3 B FEMALE ENGLISH SEBASTIAN 4 C FEMALE MATHS PAULS 5 D MALE PHYSICS XAVIER YES 6 E MALE CHEMISTRY PAULS YES 7 F MALE PHYSICS SEBASTIAN YES 8 G FEMALE MATHS XAVIER YES 9 H MALE PHYSICS PAULS 10 I MALE MATHS SEBASTIAN Now, I want to scan entire data upto last cell of the range and move(cut and paste) those of the selected candidates, Sheet2 of the same book.After moving, the name o...

How to copy Rules & Alerts from one PC to another
I occasionally copy my Outlook.pst file from my desktop to my laptop when I travel, and then back again when I get home. I also export and import the Rules & Alerts. The problem is that the Rules & Alerts for my emails don't copy over very well. The rules are there, but they say "on other machine", and most (but not all) of the rules that reference a specific email account (e.g. when received through specified account) are missing the account specification. Since I have quite a few rules, it is laborious to fix all these rules every time I transfer my fi...

How do I link information in the LAST ROW of a workbook to another??
Hi all! :) I'm new here, so if by posting this message directly, I'm not following procedure, appologies ahead of time. I'm trying to link information from one workbook to another. It's for inventory. We have a different page for each item number, and every time the item is adjusted, it adds a new row to the speadsheet. I want to be able to list ALL the totals from the different pages into a new file, so people can see totals by looking at ONE sheet. The problem is, the row number of the cell I need changes everytime the source file is edited. There doesn't appear to ...

adding trendline to plots from multiple series
I have a line chart with multiple series and I am looking to create another line based on a third group of data that is based off the original datas plots on the graph. Basically its like this. On the y-axis I have flow and on the x-axis I have pressure. There are multiple series plotted. I want to add another line to the chart based on efficiency that will always run through a certain set of plots from the multiple series. Is this possible? Did this even make any sense? Thank you for any help that you can give. aintlifegrand, There are two possible intentions of yo...