AD Plugin vs. Office X crash

I noticed a pretty strange thing. I'm using AD plugin to authenticate
users against a W2K3 controller, even if I'm a little bit disappointed
because of SMB broken support, but this is not the strange thing...In
fact, for some unknown reason, some users can run Office X without any
problem but some others don't, since they got a crash. Users are placed
in the same OU and belong to the same unprivileged group. If I force
authentication with LDAPv3, and not with the AD plugin, everything works
well, especially for the users that reported a crash previously.
I just don't know where the problem could be, because this is a very
very strange behaviour. Has anybody observed it too?
The error message stars with these two lines:

Exception:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS
Codes:      KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE

REPORTS: Sales vs. Tender -- difference ???
How do you define what is a Tender report? Better yet, what is the difference between the Detailed Sales Report and the Miscellaneous/Tender report? The numbers are always different and completely off... Shouldn't they be exactly the same? Sales represent the product portion of the sale only, not Tax or Shipping. Tenders represent it all. TomT "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA18862F-5D03-4104-B132-AD5D63703565@microsoft.com... > How do you define what is a Tender report? Better yet, what is the > difference between the D...

OFFICE 2008
MS has been very quiet about OFFFICE 2008. Did I miss something, or was the last press release in JAN? My company puts a lot of documents on GROOVE. Will OFFICE 2008 be compatible? Does MS have a site to provide requests/recommendation/feedback about OFFICE? Thank, Tom In article <1188073729.454441.201580@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, tom4rd@earthlink.net wrote: > MS has been very quiet about OFFFICE 2008. Did I miss something, or > was the last press release in JAN? See the MacBU's Office team blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/macmojo/archive/2007/08/02/office-2008-com...

VS validator error with two xsd schema definitions in one file
I am using an IWsdlExportExtension-Handler in my WCF webservice to get a wsdl file without schema imports (called Flat WSDL). The resulting WSDL file consists of multiple XML Schemas with different namespaces in one file. A type of schema1 references a type of schema2 in a different namespace (schmema2 is imported by schema1). But Visual Studio seems not to accept the definition, showing me following warning "Type 'Namespace2:ArrayOfValidationDetail' is not declared." I created a short XML test file, that reproduces this error with two schemas: <?xml ve...

Adjust start dates by x days
I have a standard plan that has duration and start dates set based on the project starting on x date. I want to reuse this plan for a later date e.g. 120 days later. I know how to adjust start date and for all those tasks that are linked the plan shifts as expected. However for the tasks that arent linked as expected the start dates do not change. Is there a macro or a way to change a set of tasks that are not linked? -- jphccfc ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jphccfc's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/209537.htm View thi...

Almost got it. Change order on subform After new record added
Almost there I have a customer sub form Every thing works great. I have ordered the records in descending order. The only thing is when I hit the new call record and save it the record appears at the bottom of the list. When I change to another customer then go back every thing is how it should be. New record at top of the list. I have put a me.requery command in the subform but does not seem to work Use OrderBy to set the name of the field to sort on and which direction, Desc for descending, and leave blank for the default of ascending. Then set OrderByOn to True. ...

Adding Direct Reports to an email
I was looking for an easy way to add someone's else Direct Reports to my email - either the TO or the CC. I have tried a number of things. I also seem to remember I could do this in Outlook 2003. What I remember is clicking to the TO, getting the list of contacts and then clicking on Organization. When that list was shown, I could select their people. And then click on the TO ? Any ideas or help? Thanks ...

SQL Connection from VS 2008 Express to SQLExpress database
I'm recieving the error "Logon Failed For User". Everything looks right to me, so I am unsure what could be wrong. Here is the connection string I am using in my vb code: connectionString2 = "Server=MyComputer\SQLEXPRESS;Database=adatabasename;User ID=auserid;Password=apassword" The SQLExpress version is 2008 R2. Can you think of anything I should check besides the user account and password, which seems fine? I am able to connect to the database just fine with my windows authentication. It is a newly created database that I imported from ano...

adding comment to multiple cells
Is it possible to add a comment to multiple cells without using copy / paste special? I would like to select the cells and add a comment to be viewed on rollover of any one of the chosen cells. Thanks for the help. Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany andy wrote: > Is it possible to add a comment to multiple cells without > using copy / paste special? > I would like to select the cells and add a comment to be > viewed on rollover of any one of the chosen cells. > Thanks for the help. ...

Office 2004 hangs at shutdown/restart
Excel 11.5.8 (100209) Mac OS 10.5.8 Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB ram Recently, I am getting frequent hangs at system shutdown and restarts. The message I get indicates that an Office 2004 application (typically word, PPT, Excel) has refused to quit (I can't recall exact message language). If I press "continue" the process moves on, otherwise it keeps hanging. Any thoughts on what might be happening? An office issue, mac os issue? Note that this does not happen 100% of the time I use an office app, and only started in the past few days (sinc...

MS Office programs won't launch or open
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hi, I have been running MS office programs for a few years. Now for some reason they won't open or launch. Every time I try to open a program the icon bounces on the dock but the program won't launch. I tried to uninstall the program with the CD that came with it and I have the same problem. It looks like the program will open - but then nothing happens. I have the current version of the MS Office 11.5.0. I have tried to reinstall the update and again, it just moves around on the dock, but won't open. I see he...

Administering Exchange 5.5 on win2k AD
Hi All, I have exchange 5.5 on win2k AD. The exchange server have different server on the same site. Let say ServerA, ServerB and ServerC. Is there a way to restrict Local admins from Enterprise admins? Meaning ServerA local admins can only administer ServerA and cannot modify or create mailbox under ServerB or ServerC. This goes the same for ServerB admin as well. As for the Enterprise Admin he/she can administer any mailbox across the Organization. For the enterprise admin i have already fix the restriction, but can't seem to make the local admins to work. If i put view only permission...

hdd crash how to restore my outlook2000 data
hi ho, im using win98se and office2000 premium after a hdd crash i cant boot the system now i have a second pc with a new install of all and i try to restore my personal thinks: e-mails adress sort rulez accounts i have found my e-mails in c:\windows\local settings\anwendungsdaten\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst to restore this data i open up outlook writte a new e-mail, but before i sent it i closed x the window and have saved the changes. now outlook knows where the file is and after a reboot copy the old psd over the new pst. i have found my rulez in c:\windows\anwendungsdaten\microsof...

ReInstalled MS Office 2000 and it replaced Outlook with Outlook Express
Does anyone know where to get my files back from. I had choosen to put the X thru Outlook so that it would not try to fix it, but seems to have deleted it anyway? scottonga@gmail.com <scottonga@gmail.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where to get my files back from. I had choosen to > put the X thru Outlook so that it would not try to fix it, but seems > to have deleted it anyway? Installing Office 2000 will most definitely NOT replace Outlook with Outlook Express. You'll have to be more accurate in reporting yor problem. -- Brian Tillman ...

Time of Day vs Measured Time
I am just starting to record some times from my son's swimming events. I eventually would like to do calculations to show his progress in tables and charts. The problem I have is Excel converts any time formatted input such as mm:ss.00 to a time of day instead of just leaving it as a measured amount of time. It's frustrating because it shows AM & PM on data and rounds the decimals automatically when a cell is simply opened for editing. For instance a time shown as 1:35.02 in a cell displays in the edit box as 12:01:35 AM when double clicked. Also, negative times are ...

Repeated Word crashes

SBS2007 Exchange and Office Outlook 2007
Exchange has been configured to be the email enging - replacing GoDaddy. All User Mail Box accounts are receiving email via OWA. I set up about 6 accounts as 'Mail Contact' such as service@ or accouinting@ or webfax@ yourais.com - each of which generally gets a good deal of traffic. We are not receiving email into these accounts. I don't know how to fix that... We use Outlook 2007 as our email client. I have configured Outlook to use pop.yourais.com and tested it. The test email did send and arrived in the correct User Mail Box account - using OWA but did not f...

Compatibility pack for Office 2008
Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has a compatiblity pack available for Office 2008 so that I can open 2008 files in my 2004 environment? Yes, it has a "Converter" available from www.microsoft.com/mac as a free download. The converter enables you to both read and save the new formats. The current version is a Beta version: we are waiting for the 'real' one to appear. We expect that will be some time after the service release for Office 2008 appears, on March 11th. The "converter" is actually a large lump of Office 2008 -- the piece that reads and writes files for...

MS Office 2003 installation error -- space unavailable on Drive D
Hello, I previously used the MS uninstaller msicuu2.exe on my Vista machine. It ruined my entire Office setup, in addition to a whole bunch of other applications. Thanks for the warning, Microsoft. Now I'm trying to reinstall Office. Why do I keep getting an error message saying there isn't enough space on the CD drive (D:), when the destination drive is C? It stops me there and I can go no further. Could you explain why did you use this tool in the first place? There are warnings everywhere on the download page and it looks like you were more interested in the do...

error message preventing installation of office SP1 update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel keep getting request to install SP1 update12.1.0 and end up with this message"You can't install office 2008 SP1 update (12.1.0) on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume" I was offered 2 choices, to select my external hard drive(4101GB Free) or my Mac HD (232 GB free)- neither one works. Should I install this update or is this update not meant for the Mac version of office 2008? If not for me how can I get rid of the repeated request that I Update? ...

Access Runtime 2000 prevents office updates
Hi, I have a strange problem that's been bothering me for a long time. I've finally gotten it narrowed down, but can't find anything else about this on the web. I'm using an application that uses Access Runtime 2000 (developed by someone else.) After I install this application, I can no longer use Office Updates. It'll get to about the 88% mark, then gives me the "Office update is unable to check for updates" screen. If I use "add/remove programs" and remove the Runtime 2000 environment, the updater works just fine. Any thoughts on how I can fix the en...

Can't re-install data on Microsoft $ 2001 after computer crash
My computer crashed last week. I have reinstalled my Microsoft Money 2001 software. I have the back up data on two floppies. But I cannot get the back up data to transfer to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. I get the back up data to my C drive but no further. I have read the "Getting the Most from Microsoft Money 2001" and I followed the instructions carefully, but the instructions seem to be only for restoring the data to the hard drive, not to the Microsoft Money 2001 program. The prompt asks for account names, but all the account names were abbreviated, and I cann...

Adding more than text to a CheckBoxList
I have a CheckBoxList and I want more than just text in some of the items. However, because the ListItem, which is used to add the CheckBoxes, does not allow child controls, I cannot find a way to do this. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ "Nathan Sokalski" <njsokalski@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:18BFCDAF-9122-43BC-AF7E-A69F6283B650@microsoft.com... > I have a CheckBoxList and I want more than just text in some of the items. > However, because the ListItem, which is used to add the Che...

Unknown User Account problem with AD???
We have a Problem with Ex55. We have a Windows 2003 Domain and have migrated the users from another Win2003 Domain (the domain had a schema mismatch). Than we have made a trut between ad and nt4. Now we would like to give the Ad Users permissions on the new mailbox or set the Ad user to the primary Account. We can selcet the new user, but when we go on the aplly Button, the user account change to "unknown user"??? We have no sid history from the nt account. The Ad user is a completely new user! A day before everything works fine. We only reestablished the Trusts!!!! I have...

Microsoft Office Service Pack 3 Problem
Hi All. Since installing Office 2003 Service Pack 3 we have been experiencing problems on multiple machines with data entry in an Access 2003 form linked directly to the table in a Project file. The table has 3 bit fields whose default value is Zero in each case. The form has a CheckBox for each of these fields. Again the default property inherits the 0 default value from the table. The form also has a before insert event that retrieves some values via an ADO recordset to populate some other fields. As soon as the first value has been retrieved the form sets the value in each of the b...

Outlook Express vs Outlook
I have OE6 (have used, and loved it [whichever version] for years). A computer man working on my computer this week very highly recommended I switch to Outlook (I have Office 2003). Any input from you good people? Did he say why he made the recommendation? Without knowing that, I could not say. There are pros and cons with every e-mail client, much of which is personal preference. Do you have Office and Outlook on your computer? If not, you would have to purchase it. You can use Windows Live Mail, a free download, but I still would like to know why the "computer...