Accessing desktop shortcuts when programs are running

Version: 2008
Processor: intel

Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I have four or five word documents open . . .
Thanks!
0
jo8423 (1)

You can use the ApplicationName> Hide ApplicationName or Hide Others command
to hide the window(s) to access the Desktop - assuming you don't have any
other application windows open.

However, you might want to explore other more effective ways of accessing
content rather than cluttering the Desktop with a mass of shortcut Icons.
Research the Dock, the Finder window Sidebar, etc.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/14/08 3:24 PM, in article ee986f6.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"jo@officeformac.com" <jo@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: intel
>
> Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that you
> can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your
> program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I
> have four or five word documents open . . .
> Thanks!

Or, you can just use Expos´┐Ż (F11 to reveal the Desktop on most machines -
check System Preferences on your machine).

--
Mickey Stevens (Microsoft MVP for Office:mac)
Office & Mac Resources: <http://home.earthlink.net/~mickey.stevens/>

>>> Is there any way to toggle between program windows and the desktop so that
>>> you
>>> can access the shortcut icons there without resizing or minimizing your
>>> program windows? It would be great to be able to do this, especially when I
>>> have four or five word documents open . . .

Hold Option-Command keys down and click on Desktop. Everything else
disappears. Same when you select another application in the Dock.

--
Diane

0
diane7495 (1195)

MS Access Reporting
Blank example - http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20059&d=1198695843 I have an Access 2007 problem and I would just like to know if there is some sort of solution out there. The problem is, when I build a report that will 99% of the time be one page or less maybe even a half page. I end up with a giant space in the middle of my report. I want to fill that space with empty records but the records must only be enough to fill the page and still leave the report foot at the bottom of the last page. Those empty records in combination with the gridlines ...

macro that runs only when workbook is created
Can anyone tell me if excel has this capability built in? I know in word you can create a autonew macro that only runs when the document is created (doesn=92t run when reopened). Is this possible in excel. Using excel 2007. I want to create a new workbook from a template and I would like to have a macro run when the workbook is created. Thanks for any advice. BRC You need to use Application level events. In the ThisWorkbook code module, paste the following: Private WithEvents App As Excel.Application Private Sub App_NewWorkbook(ByVal Wb As Workbook) MsgBox "New Work...

0xC0000005: Access violation
hi, I have a small trouble and a strange one. I am currently developping under Visual C++ 6.0 when I work on my current PC (W98, english version) I do not have any troubles but when I want to export my project to my laptop (XP, french version), I get a error message "First-chance exception in MyApplication.exe (MFC42D.dll): ¬". I have this message only when I try to debug my application. When I run my release executable it's running well. My DLL are the same on both PCs. It seems that the crach occurs within the afxWinMain procedure. In fact the application crashs ...

closing or minimizing access
I have two similar questions. I have a database that uses minimized forms to pull data from. Meaning, a user makes a selection from a combo box on a form and once they click "OK" the form is minimized and the appropriate data is accessed in another form based on the selection in the minimized form. Is there a way that I can prevent the minimized form from being maximized once there is data in the combo box? Also, I have a hidden form that opens when the database is opened. I would like to prevent the user from closing the database unless they use the close database comman...

GAL access
Anyone have a Q article or something describing how Outlook clients get the GAL in Windows 2003? Or even 2000? Thanks, Pair When you open Outlook w/ a profile configured for your Exchange server the GAL isn't visible? Please be more specific. "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote in message news:eFJIX$TrEHA.3900@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone have a Q article or something describing how Outlook clients get the > GAL in Windows 2003? Or even 2000? > > Thanks, > Pair > > ...

Using access to modify text file
Hello, I would like to use microsoft access to modify the some base text file and output modified file by using the information entered into the access tables. Every row of the table would generate separate txt file. So for example: in the access table i would have below fields: variable1 variable2 variable3 1. Fill all the fields in each row with the values i want.(I would enter in manually or import it) 2. Run macro that would work like this: -a) read all variables from row 1 -b) replace variables in the text file with variables above: variable1 replaces ...

Three computers with different problems running Windows Mail
After running WMUtil.exe on one of my 64-bit Windows Vista computers, I now get these two error messages every time I try starting Windows Mail: Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store. Your Windows Mail mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail again. (0x800C0155) Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized. The WMUtil.exe program was able to find a few hun...

Access form textbox expression builder
I have two fields in my db, one is a long integer, the other is text. I want to display them concatenated in a textbox on a form (i.e. intNumber & " " & txtWords). When I enter the expression in that way, I get "#Name?" as an error. I can't see that I'm doing anything wrong in the expression builder (it doesn't give any issues when I close it, the error appears only when I view the form in Form view). Anyone know how I can get the integer to appear as a string so it will live happily with the text? Hi You need to add an equals sign at the...

Access 95
I' having a strange problem. A couple of years ago I wrote a little Access 95 database for a customer. They'd been using it witout problems for years but recently they have switched their machine to more recent version of Windows and Office (97). The database stopped working, conversion to Access 97 didn't work so they sent me the MDB file. I installed Access 95 on my Win98 machine (I had no Office installed before although I might have had some Office components hanging around, who knows...). The database is in fact not working. I'm getting a very strange error: the VB compil...

Print Access MDB name on reports
I have several Access MDB which uses linked files from an SQL server. They all uses the same files, but have different queries, reports, etc. These are for different departments. Some reports are in more than one MDB. When a user reports a problem, or requests a change, I need to know which MDB they were using. What I wish to do is include the Access MDB name on the printed reports. Is there a way to get the MDB name and use it in a report field? Michael M. Mahoney Monterey Financial Services, Inc. mmahoney@montereyfinancial.com Michael M. Mahoney wrote: > I have several Access...

Saving a File to SQL Server from Access 2003
I have an application written in Access 2003 using linked tables to SQL Server 2000. I need to code an Access form to upload files (i.e. .pdf, .doc, ..xls, .txt, etc.) to SQL Server and I've never done this before. Can someone please point me to some sample Access code that will take a file and save it to the (SQL Server) database? I also need to know how to retrieve it. Thank you! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 "richxyz via AccessMonster.com" <u35439@uwe> wrote in news:75094d3835f16@...

Crunch numbers with MS Access: is this possible?
I have an Excel spreadsheet which consists of two tables, one with a list of tensions measured in specific nodes and another with the list of nodes and their coordinates. Is it possible to import that spreadsheet into Access and, with that data, perform some simple number crunching such as adding both tensions and distances? Thanks in advance, Rui Maciel Yes, it should be possible. You can do simple arithmetic in queries. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Rui Maciel" <rui.maciel@gmail.com> wrote ...

Sending a link for a form to the desktop
I have a multi-user DB with user specific forms. In the old 2003 I was able to right click on a individual form and send it to the specific user's desktop while in development mode but this function isn't appearing in the new 2007 version. Please can I get advice on how to send a launchable link for a form to a user's desktop? On Wed, 12 May 2010 14:29:02 -0700, Cheryl - Student and Mommy <CherylStudentandMommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It still works for me in A2007 and A2010 by dragging a form object from the Navigation Pane to the desktop. -To...

shortcut in excel sheet to and Outlook email
I need to create a reference to an email in outlook for an incident log that could link to/open an Outlook email. Dragging only copies and right mouse button dragging provides Create Shortcut Here in the context menu, but pastes nothing when selected. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thank you. Finny <finny388@yahoo.com> wrote: > I need to create a reference to an email in outlook for an incident > log that could link to/open an Outlook email. > Dragging only copies and right mouse button dragging provides Create > Shortcut Here in the context menu, but pastes noth...

why is it saying program has expired when i just downloaded
I just downloaded free trial micrsoft access 2007 .. then when i opened the file .. it says This program wiill expire on 31 Oct 2002 .. we are in 2010 ?? It wont let me open file as it says its expired.. same thing happened yday!! Please help.. need urgently for coursework Thankyou Diamond123, Well, how many times have you downloaded it? If this is your first time then uninstall and re-download and try again. If this isn't then I would still try again but I *think* it will find that you have downloaded previously and not allow you to run. OR are you just trying to v...

running total of specific data
I have a spread sheet with multiple catagories. I want a running total of just specific catagories. Example; each time a "towels" is entered I want it to total with the last "towels" entry. Help? Assume 'towels' and the like are in column A, with count in column B, then in any column EXCEPT a or b you could use this formula: =SUMIF(A:A,"towels",B:B) Change "towels" to any other item for different results, or separate running totals elsewhere on the sheet. "ameegrl" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with multiple c...

Mailbox management policy: runs only one of three policies
Hello all, An Exchange 2003 server on a Windows 2003 server in a w2k domain environment. I have a few recipient policies defined (in System Manager -- Recipients -- Recipient Policies), each has its own priority. The Default Policy resides in the bottom of the list and has priority=Lowest. Three of the policies are Mailbox Management ones. The problem is, when the scheduled time comes, only the policy at the top of the list (priority=1) runs, but it runs three consecutive times during the time window. The other two never run, unless I move them up to the top of the list. Why does it behave ...

Mirror driver, attach virtual monitor to desktop
Hi, I would like to know if it's possible to attach a virtual monitor to a desktop ? I try to do this using the WDK mirror sampler but its not working. After installing the driver I can see a new Device in the display manager, I can find it by enumerating displayDevices (its name is \.\\DISPLAYV4) but I can attach it to the desktop. I gave it a position exactly contiguous to my active screen and I use ChangeDisplaySettingsEx to set the configuration. The function returns me that everything is ok, my monitor reboot but nothing new appear. Thank you very much in ad...

Program not responding or opening in read-only mode
There is one computer, that when opening an Access database file from within Access, gets the message "this program is not responding". Then when Access is closed, and they try to open the file from the Windows browser, they get a message saying that the database is open in read-only mode. But this is only on the one computer, other computers do not have these problems. The database was made in Access 2000, and all computers accessing it use Access 2000. All of the library references seem to be intact too. What could the problem possibly be? -- justme0010 It seems to me that t...

Keyboard Shortcut #5
I have two Excel workbooks open, displayed side by side. I can't remember the keyboard shortcut for moving the cursor back and forth between the two windows. .... ? Art I hold the CRTL key and hit the Tab Key. Seems to work for me "ArthurJ" wrote: > I have two Excel workbooks open, displayed side by side. I can't remember the > keyboard shortcut for moving the cursor back and forth between the two > windows. .... ? > > Art That's it. Thanks Toast. "Texas_Toast" wrote: > I hold the CRTL key and hit the Tab Key. Seems to work for me...

Access 2007 Filter & Labels
I have Access 2007. I set up a database with names & addresses. I turn on a filter to limit the amount of data that I want to print. I used the label wizard and came up with a label report that prints fine. I save every thing and close Access 2007. The problem is when I bring up my database again, and I look at my label report, there are labels for all of the records in the database. I have noticed that the filter has been turned off. Even when I turn the filter on again, my lable report shows all of the records in the database. To get my correct labels to print I have to go...

Access 2007 Developers Question
Where or how can I activate the Developers button on the Microsoft Office Button Menu. I activated the Developer Extensions but I don't see the Developers Button. Thanks. Jeff Hi Jeff, jeff schrieb: > Where or how can I activate the Developers button on the Microsoft > Office Button Menu. > I activated the Developer Extensions but I don't see the Developers Button. > Thanks. open Access options, goto the Add-ins tab, choose Com-Add-Ins from the combobox on the bottom of the window and click the button. Can you see an entry named Microsoft Office Access Developer Ex...

can't delete program
Have a program: "DOGZ 5" (game) installed by daughter via disk and cannot uninstall/delete. I click START, CONTROL PANEL, ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMS, highlight unwanted program, click CHANGE/REMOVE and there is no response. Other porgrams have been removed sucessfully. Only this one willl not go away! HELP!!! -- JohnB In news:51E000E5-39FA-458B-A810-3D679EB29804@microsoft.com, JohnB <johnb@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Have a program: "DOGZ 5" (game) installed by daughter via disk and > cannot uninstall/delete. > I click START, CONTROL PANE...

server access rights to backend mdb
What access rights does a user needs in order to import data from the backend database , which sits in the server, to the front end in the local drive. hi, On 19.02.2010 09:19, tsluu wrote: > What access rights does a user needs in order to import data from the > backend database , which sits in the server, to the front end in the local > drive. Read, Write for the .mdb file when auto compact is off, otherwise create. Read, Write, Create for the .ldb file. In normal cases where a sophisticated permission model must not be implemented I use Full Access on the f...

Outlook Web Access OWA problems with reply and forward
All; My OWA is Exchange 2000, the latest service pack. It is reverse proxied through a Network Appliance NetCache. Everything works except for replying and forwarding a message. I can send messages, read messages, etc. When I try to reply or forward, the client window goes dull for a moment, and then comes back...the message is never sent. I have been all over the MS site and seen lots of fixes for permissions, WebDav stuff etc. All tried with no effect. There seems to be some notion that the reverse proxy may be a problem, but this is hard to confirm. Everything works perfectly from ...