2004 Spelling tool does not add words to custom dictionary

Office 2004's spelling tool has stopped adding words to the custom
dictionary.  The "Add" button is grayed out.

Otherwise, the spelling tool and my custom dictionary work fine in the
several programs of Office 2004.

Your counsel, please?

Respectfully, Norm

0
nnager1050 (113)

Problem solved.  The alias to my custom dictionary  apparently became
corrupted or broken when I ran a cache cleaner.   A new alias fixed it.
Norm

On 2/16/05 12:00 PM, in article
BE38E664.9777%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D."
<nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> Office 2004's spelling tool has stopped adding words to the custom
> dictionary.  The "Add" button is grayed out.
>
> Otherwise, the spelling tool and my custom dictionary work fine in the
> several programs of Office 2004.
>
> Your counsel, please?
>
> Respectfully, Norm

0
nnager1050 (113)

Add a Dash
I have several rows in my query (report) that will have data if the value = True based off a check box. However if the value is False I would like it to put a "dash -" in all the text boxes assiciated with that otion box value. How do I do this or can you steer me in the right direction? Ofer, For some reason this is not working. I tried putting it in the creteria of both the chek box and also tried the fieldname and it it does not work. I also tried with the NZ and nothing. Any ideas? Thanks again "Ofer Cohen" wrote: > Try > > IIf([CheckBoxName]=True, [...

Good report tool
Just found this. This tool allows you to delete or rename reports on your CRM system. This tool use to be available only upon request to Microsoft MBS http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=834791 "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in news:uY7BLfYHEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=834791 Nice find. Im sure we will have clients that will need this. I didnt see it posted on the RSS feed but maybe I missed it. ...

Customizing CC address verification
We need a solution for address verification in processing credit cards. We are using CyberSource as the gateway company for credit card authorization. SyberSource have the ability to process an API form and to provide the authorization with address verification. We looking to customize RMS so when processing a credit card tender instead of opening the basic form provided by RMS it will open a CyberSource API form populated with the credit card information and the address information and it will be submitted for authorization/capture, the response should be recorded in the sale. ...

Money 2004 & Vista
I've just tried to load Money 2004 on my new computer. I transferred the ..mny file I had from my XP computer but I'm having a problem. Everytime I go in an make an update, it doesn't seem to save it...... It reverts to the original file. Why won't it save the updates? This is driving me nuts. Any help gratefully received! JD In microsoft.public.money, jcduk wrote: >I've just tried to load Money 2004 on my new computer. I transferred the >.mny file I had from my XP computer but I'm having a problem. > >Everytime I go in an make an update, it doe...

How can I save an other route in my Tools bar-options-save? IT al.
I try to use the "Tools- options" and to direct a saving or retrieving file from a specific route but each time the refer me to a old route Saying "cannot access directory d\donnée ancien ordinateur\..." without giving the choice to change the latter. If I try an other options as "tools-options-general", the same notation appear without giving any choice. In brief, it is impossible to modify the tools-options in the Excel program. How can I change it ? I already reinstall the program without success... "Michel" <Michel@discussions.microso...

Any thoughts on the proofing tools crash, anyone?
Hello group! On Dec 3rd I wrote this group asking for tips on what might be causing Entourage to crash every time I run a spell check with any other dictionary than US English. Later the same day, I also posted the crash log to the group. So, does anyone have any pointers to offer me here? Sincerely, Jonas Hi Jonas, A search of Google turns up this information: <http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Entourage+proofing+crash&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl =en&btnG=Google+Search> If Google doesn't have the answer to your question, please follow up with another posting in this same t...

my custom animation task pane disappeared.
any ideas how to get it back ? i only see it in he quick access toolbar, and i do not have access to all the animation options.. any ideas? Assuming you're using PPT 2007, click the Animations tab, then click Custom Animations to open the pane. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Laura Smart" <Laura Smart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A2274F...

Add a spell checker?
Before I did not have Microsoft Works, because this is a custom made PC that was meant for gaming. I bought Microsoft Works 8 today at my local software store. I read in the help file about spelling it gave me no information about adding a spell checker. I would like to know how to add one for future miss spells in my business e-mails. Wrong newsgroup? Ask in the MS Works newsgroup; microsoft.public.works.win -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- &qu...

update word
Hi when I try to update word I get this message the connection to the update server was interrupted does anyone know how to fix this thanks Without any more detail than you provide it's impossible to be certain - we have no idea what update you're trying to download, where you're trying to d/l from or what type of system/internet connection you have. If it does happen to be the Mac Office SP1 or 12.1.1 update they're both fairly large. If you don't have a high speed connection the d/l may be timing out on you or you may be using one of the 3rd party sources rather than th...

tried to dwnld a tool, it was linked to a missing export?
Tried to dwnld Windows-KB890830-V1.14.exe, my thing said, "the file KBetc., is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtShutdownSystem. What does THIS mean? I have alot of trouble with dwnlds. -- bikerchic ...

Gas station add on
Hi, can anyone out there suggest RMS partner that provides add on for gas stations? Any help is appreciated Regards JD Are you looking for pump interface? Or are you just looking for add ons for Gas stations? "jdhaliwal" wrote: > Hi, > can anyone out there suggest RMS partner that provides add on for gas > stations? Any help is appreciated > > Regards > JD > You would need a communications controller to the pump and exchange information with your RMS back office. Would you know the pump/dispenser brand? Jim "jdhaliwal" wrote: > Hi, ...

Add link to PO from eReq (Business Portal)
Also it would be helpful to drill down to the PO created via eReq so the user could print it, or email it. Also, drill down on the smartlist queries in eReq would be helpful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/C...

Add an Calendar to the favorite mail ?
Hi, I am using the Outlook2003, but found that it is difficult to switch between the folders. So I want to add the subfoders from MAIL folder to the favorite mail, how can I achieve this task ? Thanks so much Benson the mail panel can only hold mail folders. If the buttons at the bottom are too difficult, try the keyboard shortcuts - Ctrl+ 1 through 7 to switch panes. The folder list is Ctrl+6 and will show all folders together as in past versions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Gu...

Unknown Error from custom appointment form
I have a problem with receiving an "Unknown Error" MsgBox with my custom appointment form. I have paid attention to the mskb article below http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=280813 but we're all on 2002, so it doesn't fix the problem. Does anyone know of any other circumstances this can happen? I'm hooking most events and have a single extra page with a few fields bound to UDFs ...

Query. How to add this calculated field?
Add a calculated field for ExitDate, which is when the renter will leave the unit based on the date the rental started + the length of stay * 7 (to convert the total time in unit from weeks into number of days) Hint: StartDate + (Length * 7) ---StartDate, Length are data columns. How can I do this!? I tried: Design View on the Field row typed: [StartDate + (Length * 7)] But it's not working it shows a windows "Enter Parameter Value". Maybe I'm wrong. How can I do this!? *Access 2007 Try this -- [StartDate] + ([Length] * 7) -- Build a little,...

Method of adding a chart with a chart.add in a macro
Hi all, I am working with an excel based program that is in Excel 97 format. Upon opening the program in 2000 it does prompt me with the warning that there are macro compatibility issues. I have developed a macro in Excel 2000 to use data to create a chart but the script does not compile, it stops at the Chart.Add line ...a friend ran it with Excel 97 and it worked fine. I have been trying to find a solution to what seems to be a compatibility issue, or a Chart.Add issue, or whatever it is...I have little knowledge of excel and vb so hopefully this isn't too complicated. Here's th...

Help creating an Excel Add-in using VS205 in either VB.NET or C#
Hi there, I know that what I'm asking is relatively simple so I would appreciate any help I could get. I want to create an Excel Add-in but I don't want to use VBA. The reason is that I want to hide my code. So what I would like to do is to create an Excel Addin using VS 2005 in either VB.NET or C#. Any sample code out there or perhaps steps by step instructions somewhere on the web as to how to create one? Essentially I want to create an Excel Addin and when I deploy it using an MSI on a machine I want to be able to run a formula something like =MyFormula() and this should ret...

Adding a Tip in Word
I have a locked template that is in tables. As a user scrolls over a drop down field I want a tip added when there mouse goes over this field such as "Select an expense from the following" . Is this possible? I inserted a comment but didn't want anything that permanent as it takes away the overall look. Tried searching on help in Word for adding a tip or instruction but couldn't find anything. Thanks for any help given. Word doesn't offer mouseover tooltips like that in form fields. In Word 2003 and earlier, you can enter "status bar" help ...

forgotten pass word
How long does Microsoft people take before answering mails? Anyone knew hoe to remedy the forgotten password to access the software, that is , not anyting to do with logging on MS money online? thanks ...

Outlook 2002 Spell check problem
I got a new pc with XP and Outlook 2002. Outlook had word selected as my email editor. When I complete the spell check outlook won't allow me to hit the send key. If I do another fuction or go between windows the send key will work again. I have duplicated the problem on a couple other PC's. Any ideas what causes this? Have you tried Detect and Repair? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com ...

Word 2003
I created a template in Word 2003 for group use. A lot of people have opened it and used it then saved the resulting document. However, there are some other users that can open the template but cannot do a Save As. The template works but cannot be saved. The template does have some protected sections and I tried turning that off but it still doesn't work. I have never seen this before. Any ideas? Also one of the users has a problem where once he tries to do a Save As that doesn't work then tries to close the Word application, he can't. It appears to close but autom...

Excel -> Word
Hi, In my Excel sheet, the user populates the rows with data. Once he' finished, he can push on a button which will create a (printable) Wor document with data from the row (+ some extra features). How to do this? Is there any documentation available for this? I guess this isn't that easy, but a hint would be helpfull. Thanks -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27315 http://word....

Customize option not available
When attempting to add buttons to toolbar the customize option is greyed out. User is in the local admins group. Can someone point me in the right direction? ...

Custom Attribute not saving
Hi, I have created a new custom attribute on the Contact entity that is a picklist of Contact Types - Customer, Supplier, Partner etc. I've added this new attribute to the Contact form and marked it as a business required field. Then Published changes. When I go into a contact, I can see the new picklist with the right values in it. It correctly warns you if you don't select a value whilst trying to save. So, you select a value and click save. The save works fine but the problem is the Contact Type value is not being saved to the database. if you go back into the contact record t...

Unable to Customize Outlook Today #2
After a new install of Outlook 2000 on a new computer (Win XP Home)I find that I cannot customize Outlook Today. When I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing happens. It was fine on my old computer (Dell Notebook with Win 2000). Any suggestions would be welcome. In article <076901c3c48a$7355f550$a501280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |After a new install of Outlook 2000 on a new computer |(Win XP Home)I find that I cannot customize Outlook |Today. When I click on Customize Outlook Today, nothing |happens. It was fine on my old computer (Dell Notebook ...