12.1.7 broke compatibility with Spaces

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I've been using the Mac's Spaces feature for some time with the Office apps running in their own "space".

That worked fine until the upgrade to 12.1.7. Now when I switch "spaces", say, from Mail to Powerpoint, the Powerpoint windows get shuffled or may disappear completely.

Highly annoying and makes Spaces unusable with MS Office.

On 4/22/09 10:18 AM, in article 59b72a3b.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"bostonbrian@officeformac.com" <bostonbrian@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008
> Processor: Intel
>
> I've been using the Mac's Spaces feature for some time with the Office apps
> running in their own "space".
>
> That worked fine until the upgrade to 12.1.7. Now when I switch "spaces", say,
> from Mail to Powerpoint, the Powerpoint windows get shuffled or may disappear
> completely.
>
> Highly annoying and makes Spaces unusable with MS Office.
I guess you were just lucky. Office 2008 has never worked properly with
spaces. The only solution is: don't use spaces. Keep watching Mactopia for
any announcements that may change this situation, but don't expect a
solution to be an Office update.

--
Bob Greenblatt [MVP], Macintosh
bobgreenblattATmsnDOTcom

0
bob6686 (387)

WinXP Pro to Student version Win 7 Ultimate
My son's computer currently runs Windows XP Pro SP3 and he's looking to go to the student version of Windows 7 Ultimate. We've run the advisor and the machine is more than capable of handling the change but we're a bit baffled by some conflicting information on the http://www.software4students.co.uk/ website. The Microsoft Upgrade Path Chart shows that a move from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate can be done, NOT as an in-place upgrade, but ONLY as a "custom install". A custom install is also known as a clean install and can be used to completely repl...

Epson Action Laser & Win 7-64 bit
I think the answer is using my AL 1500 is a lost cause, but here goes. I have this fancy new custom built PC with Win7- 64 bit HP and I love it and the OS so far. What I didn't realize when I ordered the PC with the Asus motherboard is that there's no parallel port. My 15 yr old Epson Action Laser 1500 is my workhorse, but I haven't been able to trick Windows into thinking it's an HP LaserJet III like some folks have been able to do. I got an LPT to USB cable and in hooking it up, Windows shows Unidentified Printing Device, and "this device is working p...

5.7.1
'support@insight.com' on 1/12/2005 10:28 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <*.com #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <support@insight.com>... Access denied> i seem to be able to send to some domains but not to others i am also getting non-delivery reports of 5.4.0 and 5.1.8 Ask the administrator of that site whats going on or google the RBL websites and lookup whether your domain has been blacklisted. On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:29:05 -0800, "Derek B. Moore [MCP]" <DerekBMoore...

Outlook 2007 12-13-09
How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? "spikey789" <spikey789@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3D07AF5-AB82-4F01-9153-4D097DD392E2@microsoft.com... > How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? Don't quite understand where the "pst file" bit comes in, but have you right-clicked on "To Do Bar" and made sure that Tasks is checked? ...

compatible between outlook 2007 and lotus note
We are using outlook 2007, when we recevied some reply mail from our client(who using lotus note), sometime the mail content had missing, but we tried use another mail client such as window mail and outlook 2003, the content can fully show, how to solve this problem,Thanks! "Gary Chan HK" <Gary Chan HK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE3255C-F70F-41B9-B0DE-876EC6ECB482@microsoft.com... > We are using outlook 2007, when we recevied some reply mail from our > client(who using lotus note), sometime the mail content had missing, but we > tr...

Shipping Weight
Can you increase the size of the shipping weight field in GP Inventory cards? Example I need 10000 in the shipping weight, but can only input 9999.99. We are on GP 10. Thanks, Deb Why not make 10 represent 10000? For example, if the weight of the product is 10,000 pounds, you may want to consider making it 5 short tons or find some sort of scaling factor for 10000 whatever the unit is. -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogsp...

catalog merge #7
OK, I have a lot of genealogical images that I have cataloged in an Access database. I've successfully merged them in Publisher 2003 and created a catalog that shows the photo with all the related detail. My question is: now that I've created this merge, I would like to add more images and information to the database. Can I use the design of the catalog I've already created to make a new catalog - such as in a template, or do I have to use the wizard to completely re-create a new catalog design every time I change the database? Sure you can, when you open the catalog wizard,...

Free/Busy information only displayed from 1/1/05 to 3/1/05
Since the beginning of the year, the Free/Busy window for almost ALL of my (800+) users is 'stuck' at 1/1/05 through 3/1/05. Most users publish 2 month's worth of free/busy from Outlook, so I should see one month prior to today's date and two months ahead. If a user increases the # of months published in outlook, the free/busy time is adjusted to 1/1/05 through the correct month, so I know that _some_ level of communication is happening between outlook and exchange. I run a mixed exch5.5 and exch2003 environment. Most clients are outlook 2000 or 2003. The problem oc...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

Converting Leads to Opportunities in CRM 3.0 (changes since CRM 1.2?)
We are in the process of upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In 1.2 we were able to convert Leads to only Opportunities. However, in 3.0 it appears that you must also convert the Lead to an Account or Contact as well (i.e. after clicking on the Convert Lead button, if you select only the Opportunity checkbox, the OK button is disabled, however, if you also select either Account or Contact, the OK button becomes enabled). Is this a change in functionality from CRM 1.2 or is there a setting that impacts this behavior? Thanks in advance. ...

Combo Box 12-26-07
Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. What is it you are trying to do? Perhaps we can offer a suggestion. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:02:00 -0800, Sharon wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. Now if you tell us why you think you need more than one bound column, perhaps some one can help with an alternative solution. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to pe...

Migration #12
Hi, there. I want to do migration from Notes to Exchange 2007, Where can I find some resources about this, step by step guide is best. Thanks very much! ITUser, kejia.li@163.com Hi, This link should help you: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/interopmigration/collaboration/default.mspx Cheers Nathan "ITUser" <kejia.li@163.com> wrote in message news:EAFE3DF5-E4BA-4503-8115-894AF8AE108C@microsoft.com... > Hi, there. > > I want to do migration from Notes to Exchange 2007, Where can I find some > resources about this, step by step guide is best. > &g...

Macros #12
I didn't see a group for Excel Macros so I'm posting here. I created a macro, saved it in the workbook that I was working on, gave it a short cut key stroke and it all worked perfectly. When done with the exercise I deleted the macro from that workbook. When I open a new workbook the ctrl key still activates the macro. I can't find where or how I delete the short cut key combo for that macro? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. SteveR "Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in news:ebQ92OWsFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I didn't see a gro...

How do I install outlook 2000 on Windows 7?
I have had multiple problems getting Outlook 2000 to work on a brand new System 7 machine. To my knowledge, it has no other versions installed, yet each time I launch, I get the setup screen again that says there is another version. I can receive mail but when I try to send it says I can't because it can't find the WAB DLL. I have uninstalled and reinstalled with the same result. (Word, Excel and PPt work fine.) Any clues? Outlook2k is not compatible with Vista let alone win7 It may work if you setup outlook2k in workgroup mode, but not neccessarily without proble...

Windows 7 backup & SBS2008 Prem.
Hi, I have an SBS 2008 network, with Windows 7 clients. I setup a share on my server for the clients to use to do backups. I also have the user's profile folders redirected to the server as well, which covers Documents and Desktop (the default I guess when you tell sbs to redirect). Everything seems to work fine as far as the backups go, but the Windows 7 Action Center is complaining that I need to check my backup status. When I do, it mearly tells me that it skipped Documents, Desktop, Video etc. because they are on the server. I'm fine with those being skipped as th...

Publisher 2003 compatibility
Will Publisher 2003 work with Microsoft XP? Thanks Microsoft what XP? Windows? Yes. Office? Yes. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mary" <mcgf@myexcel.com> wrote in message news:dbaf01c43b53$990fa440$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Will Publisher 2003 work with Microsoft XP? > > Thanks ...

1 domain and 2 email servers
Hi All, There are 2 domains: domain1.com domain2.com Each domain has there own email server. Now we purchase a 3rd domain: domain3.com. I need to setup email address for both companies to have a @domain3.com address. I can get this work fine with one mail server as I have the MX record pointing to it but how do I get it to work for both mail servers. Thanks. JN You really should consolidate Exchange but in the meantime: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "JN" <jnsimex@rogers.com> wrote in message news:elEYkbEVGHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

CRM 1.2: Access denied on viewig Accounts and Contacts
I recently had to rebuild my CRM 1.2 database. Since then, users get an 'Access denied' message when viewing the details of accounts and contacts. It seems that teh security descriptors are invalid. My questions are: 1. I intend upgrading to CRM3.0 anyway - is this going to rebuild security that will bypass this error or am I just importing incorrect parameters as it is? 2. Changing roles and using 'Repar Object Security' with the admin tool did not fix the issue. Is there another way that I can rebuild the security descriptors If anybody cna put me on the right track, I...

Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Group
Hi, Can anybody tell me why we need to add the SQL Server Service Account and IIS Service Account to the "Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access Group" in the "Bultin" group of Active Directory? >From all my installation that I did, I added these services because the implementation guide saids to do it. If I don't add these services, everything seems OK to me. no errors or anything. Can anyone tell me why we need these steps? Thanks! DL you are safe to avoid using that group if your system still works fine. "DL" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in messa...

Line spacing

How do i change 15 months to read 1 year and 3 months?
Can some one please provide a formula on how to change months into years and months? Example, I have 15 months in a cell, but would like the next cell to be read 1.3. meaning 1 year and 3 months. Thanks Marty With that format, how are you going to differentiate between 1 year and 1 month and 1 year and 10 months? The numbers 1.1 and 1.10 are indentical to Excel, so you can't accomplish the visual difference (1.1 vs 1.10) with formatting. =DOLLARFR(A1/12,12) will give you 1.01 and 1.10 for the above examples. You need to format the cell with 2 decimal places so you see 1.10, not just ...

Problem upgrade from Mscrm 1.2 to 3.0
At the end of the upgrade i got this error message Failed to locate the Reporting Services Report Server configuration file. Verify the file specified in registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Reporting Services[RSConfigFilePath] Does anyone know what wrong? Thanks Mathias ...

Windows 7 HP upgrade 32 to 64 bit?
I have recently upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit. My desktop has 3.37 GB usable RAM and I am now considering doing a clean install to 64 bit. Is this possible using the Microsoft upgrade CD, please? -- plod A clean install is the only way you can go from 32-bit to 64-bit. Boot with the 64-bit disc and let it find the current installation then delete the partition with 32-bit Win 7 and proceed from there. On 2010-02-27 16:00, plod wrote: > I have recently upgraded Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 to Windows 7 > Home Premiu...

CRM 1.2 Received today
Just been informed our copy of 1.2 has been received today lucky. so does it come later for customers? hurry and test it out! I heard it uninstalls 1.0 and then reinstalls with 1.2, hahaha..........keep us updated on your beta testing! -Gary "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:exmsGGevDHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Just been informed our copy of 1.2 has been received today > > ...