11.4.0 update from 2/12/2008

I downloaded and installed the latest update (11.4.0) for Office 2004 and afterward noticed that my hard drive was very noisy. I then got a message that my hard drive was full. I shut my MacBook down and restarted it. I then went to Finder and saw that I had only 828.9MB of space left. This is a brand new MacBook with a 160GB drive on it. Before downloading and installing this update, I had over 102GB of free space. What has Microsoft Office done with all of my disk space?
I'm new to Macs so how can I find the files that would be taking up all of this space?
I'd appreciate any input on this.

thank you,
Robert

On 2/14/08 2:49 PM, in article ee8d775.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Robert@officeformac.com" <Robert@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the latest update (11.4.0) for Office 2004 and
> afterward noticed that my hard drive was very noisy. I then got a message that
> my hard drive was full. I shut my MacBook down and restarted it. I then went
> to Finder and saw that I had only 828.9MB of space left. This is a brand new
> MacBook with a 160GB drive on it. Before downloading and installing this
> update, I had over 102GB of free space. What has Microsoft Office done with
> all of my disk space?
> I'm new to Macs so how can I find the files that would be taking up all of
> this space?
> I'd appreciate any input on this.

This is not something expected from an update. What OS are you running?
Tiger or Leopard?

WhatSize is a simple tool that allows the user to quickly measure the size
in bytes of a given folder and all subfolders and files within it. You would
be surprised at how many useless files might be laying around on your hard
disks. The files and folders are automatically sorted by size, with the
biggest sizes first.

<http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21149>

First welcome to the Mac. I have a few tips posted to help new users here:

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/new2mac/index.html>

--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
2/19/2008 1:51:08 AM
Hi Robert -

Despite Diane's sage advice & pointers I'm gonna approach from a different
direction - The update & the HD noise are simply coincidental.

I'd run Disk Utility - Verify Disk for starters, but it sounds like you may
have a drive problem with the new Mac. Whether it's a file system error that
you can repair with Disk Utility, Disk Warrior, etc. or whether it's a
mechanical problem I'm not sure, but I'd definitely check it out. See what
Disk Utility has to say & get it back to the dealer if necessary.

NOTE: If you've already stored any important files on the drive I'd get them
backed up now - you may wind up having to reformat or replace the drive.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/08 5:49 PM, in article ee8d775.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw,
"Robert@officeformac.com" <Robert@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the latest update (11.4.0) for Office 2004 and
> afterward noticed that my hard drive was very noisy. I then got a message that
> my hard drive was full. I shut my MacBook down and restarted it. I then went
> to Finder and saw that I had only 828.9MB of space left. This is a brand new
> MacBook with a 160GB drive on it. Before downloading and installing this
> update, I had over 102GB of free space. What has Microsoft Office done with
> all of my disk space?
> I'm new to Macs so how can I find the files that would be taking up all of
> this space?
> I'd appreciate any input on this.
>
> thank you,
> Robert

Quicken Import #2
I've been using Quicken for about 10 years. I have all my checking, investment, retirement and loan accounts in Quicken. I have never used MS Money. I am considering buying MS Money 2004 Deluxe. My questions are: (1) When importing from Quicken into Money, how accurate will the data and accounts come across? (2) How does Money compare with Quicken? (3) When importing into Money, do I use an import function and/or restore? I have a considerable amount of data in Quicken and I would hate to edit data in the Money accounts to agree with my Quicken accounts. Thanks, Marty In microsoft.pub...

Windows Update for XP Pro 64bit
I can't get updates from Microsoft for my 64bit XP. Even though I am logged on to the computer as administrator, the site says I have to be logged on as administrator. I have checked user accounts on the machine, and tried right-clicking on Microsoft Update, run as administrator. It still won't update! Anyone have an idea on how to fix this? -- jmsvbit Do you have SP3 installed . Maybe because of that reason -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "jmsvbit"...

Dotnnetnuke 5.0 adding a new page
If you need the basics on how to add a new page to dotnetnuke you can follow this link, this is also a great website for more dotnetnuke information. http://www.hostmyservices.com/SupportPages/HowtoAddanewWebPage.aspx Thank you HostMyservices.com ...

crash word & update
The context : word on Ibook OS 10.2.6. Since two weeks, Word crashes=20 anytime I want to save a file I'm working on. First thing I tried : = clean=20 the disk and the library by means of Onyx. Nothing has changed, so I=20 tried to upgrade the Office package, but the upgrade doesn't work :=20 error 11002 : 2, -15. Does anyone know how can I solve these problems? thanks a lot fred Remove and re-install Office X. Insert the Office X CD, then open the Value Pack. Click the Value Pack Installer. Check "Remove Office", then click "Continue". Run the "Remove Offi...

How can I update the latest cost paid for a part?
I'm not very experienced with Excel but I'm trying to use 2003 to keep a parts inventory. I'm keeping the inventory of parts on one sheet and the purchase record of parts that I've purchased on another sheet. The purchase record consists mainly of a column with the purchase date, a column with the part number and a column with the cost per each for that order. The inventory sheet contains a column for part number and a column for cost per each. I'd like to use a formula to keep the "cost per each" cell for each part updated automatically with the most ...

GP 9.0 and Fabrikam
I want to provide access to this test company. I see the company in the list when I start up GP Utilities, but it shows a lock beside it. How would I access it. Also, there is no option to create or re-create Fabrikam. Any direction appreciated. Dave Dave, It seems the sample company failed to be created the first time around, which will force you to check a few things: 1) Verify whether the TWO database was created on SQL Server. Open SQL Server Management Studio or Enterprise Manager and check in your databases to see if it has been created. If the database is present, you w...

Updating share price with many decimal places in investments
Hi I have MS Money 99 (in Portuguese) and I'm trying to control my investments in funds with MS Money. I've created an account for the investment. As this investment is a fund investment, the share price has many decimal places (e.g 3.045689). When I try to update de price of this share on any given date, it rounds the value (e.g 3.000) putin 3 zeros after the decimal key. How do I handle with this situation ? Many thanks, Marcio. ...

Email sent to recipient 12 times
Greetings, We use Exchange 2000 (SP3) with Windows 2000 Server (SP4) with all patches and hotfixes applied. My mail client is Outlook 2002 (SP1). Recently, one person recived a mail message from me twelve times! I only sent the message once. Oddly enough, only one person reported this problem to me; and I average about 100 emails sent to external recipients daily. Has anyone ever heard of this happening, or can anyone offer any suggestions or advice so that I may pursue and investigate this issue? Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Jackson Hillman Using POP mail anywhere, or is Excha...

Transferring Emails #2
Can I transfer Emails from Outlook Express v6.0 under Windows 98SE (old computer) to my (user name) OE v6.0 operating under XP Pro (new machine)? I cannot network the two machines. If so, How do I do it? I appreciate any help. Copy it the dbx-files to CD and restore them to your new computer (remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then point to the files by going to Tools-> Options-> tab Maintenance-> button Store Folder... For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer ...

switching computers #2
I purchased money 2004 over the internet about 18 months ago. It was downloaded and I was not sent any disks. I want to put 2004 on my new pc, but do not have the correct file to install. What do I do. MSN doesn't seem to be too helpful with their help. If I can't get it to run, I'm switching to Quicken. -- Jps I have been in this situation a few times myself. I simply contacted the place I bought the software from and they gave me whatever I needed to download the program again. Since you bought the program from them in the first place you are automatically regist...

entourage to outlook #2
hello everyone, i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to outlook2003? thks ezc <news@microsoft.com> wrote: > i have more than 1000 letters in mac entourage, how can i move them to > outlook2003? See if something here helps: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html -- Brian Tillman ...

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

UPDATE UNAVAILABLE
I've been updating my US Bank and WAMU checkiing and savings accounts for over 2 months now. Just last week, I started getting an error message: "Update Unavailable." When I click to get more information, I get a message saying that my banks no longer support synching with Money!!!! Has anyone had this experience? In microsoft.public.money, Microsoft Money <Microsoft Money@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've been updating my US Bank and WAMU checkiing and savings accounts for >over 2 months now. Just last week, I started getting an error message: ...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

Business Portal 3.0 Breaks SQL Reporting Services
Hi, I had a box with Windows 2003 Server, running SQL 2005 with SQL Reporting Services up and running fine. SharePoint was also installed and running fine. Then I installed Business Portal and now SharePoint works, BP works but SQL Reporting Services is broke. I have done an uninstal and reinstall of SQL Reporting Services. Anyone see the error below or know what I should change? Server Error in '/Reports' Application Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the speci...

Multiple mfc activex controls in one dll
In VS6, there was a possibility to define up to 4 controls, when creating a new activex project. No such possibility in VS2005. Is there any way in 2005 to add an addtional one to an existing MFC ActiveX project? Any pointers will be appreciated! ...

hotkeys and keyup #2
Hi I would like to thank everyone for suggestions concerning hotkeys and keyup. What I am using is CE .Net though if there is a solution that also works in regular windows that would be good. I am willing to give most anything a try. What I have is a program that sits in the background and waits for a keystroke to run certain functions. One for keydown and one for keyup. The functions talk to an external device on a serial connection, but the main thing is that I need a method to get those keystrokes no matter what application is on top. The impression that I get is that Hotkey will send the...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

Select Query acting like an Update Query
I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the results provided by the query, it is updating the information on the table(s). I need to find out why it is doing this and how to prevent this from occurring and altering the data. Thank you, Terri On Dec 17, 9:34 am, Tboartz <Tboa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble with my database where my select queries are acting as > update queries. If a user happens to accidentally or otherwise adjust the > res...

Outlook 2 K Multi User
Outlook 2000 Windows 2K We are planning a small network 3 machines and would like to use Outlook in a multi user mode. What do we have to do to accomplish this? Also where is the best place to buy Multi user licenses for Windows 2k and office 2 K Best Regards Bob Raley See this page for license models: http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/programs/default.asp --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Robert Raley <bob@infocol.net> asked: | Outlook 2000 Windows 2K | | We...

Hidden tabs #2
I am using Excell 2003 If I have a file with several tabs hidden is there a way to unhide them all at once, rather than using Format, Sheet, Unhide for each tab? -- CWH One way .. Roger Govier gave me this sub a few years ago .. The following will carry out the unhide for all sheets within the workbook Sub ShowSheets() Dim s As Worksheet For Each s In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets s.Visible = True Next End Sub -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "CWH" <CWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

To get user training manual for Microsoft CRM 3.0
Hello I am implementing Microsoft CRM 3.0 for an health care company in Michigan. Right now I have experience with installation, customizing and CRM application functions for 2 years. In the future I would like to pursue my future as a Microsoft CRM consultant. Thus, I would like to get all 3 of certificates of Microsoft CRM:- Which is:- 1. Application 2. Customizing 3. Installation and Configuration The problem I have is I work for a company which I am not permanent employee, and this company is not Microsoft Partner also. So If I would like to have user manuals for preparation to ...

Debit or Credit notes not updating to GL
Hi, I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting> :Series:Series Origin: Receivables Sales Entry post to GL not checked, I have checked and tested 1 trsancation and its updating in GL. I have some old trsansaction which not updated in GL, How can i make this whole data to GL, instead of entring one by one. Rgs Saf Hi Saf, I am not aware of any option and I believe there none. "saifu" wrote: > Hi, > > I have problem in GP 10 SP4, accidently removed the link in > Tools>Setup>...

Downgrade version of Money 2008
I have purchased Money 2008 Plus Home & Buisness and I no longer need the buisness portion of the application. Is there any way that I could downgrade to the Home Deluxe edition with out being charged? Nope. Unless you bought the package in the last 30 days you will just have to carry on using it but ignore the Business features. If in the future you buy a non-Business version you will get nags about losing functionality but you can just ignore them. If you did buy in the last 30 days you can return for a refund but you will then have to buy Deluxe. IMHO not worth the hassle. -- ...