? MVPs' Word FAQs website fails to work with Safari, but MVPs' Entourage site works fine

Can't the MVPs' webpages for Word FAQs be modified to make them compatible
with the the Safari browser?

There is NO problem in using Safari to access the MVPs' webpages for
Entourage FAQs.

I've used both Safari 1.0 and, since upgrading to OS 10.3.1, Safari 1.0 with
the same success with the MVPs Entourage FAQs webpages and the same failures
with the MVPs Word FAQs webpages.

That said, I wish to commend the MVPs for creating the FAQs resources for
both Entourage and Word users.  That's a really valuable, generous service
you've provided.

Respectfully, Norman Nager

0
nnager (12)

In article <BBDBFAE5.E1B6%nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu>,
 "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu> wrote:

> Can't the MVPs' webpages for Word FAQs be modified to make them compatible
> with the the Safari browser?

Apparently not, though I usually can get the mvps.org/word site to
display in Safari if I reload one to three times.

I know Apple's been made aware of the problem.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

OneNote 2007: Can different people work offline & it'll synch up a
Example: A shared notebook is on the office network where everyone can access it. Everyone can work in it and make changes. Two or more people need to take it home over the weekend (offline) and work on the same notebook. Then on Monday when they come in the office, they want all their work synched back to the original notebook. Is this possible and how? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Example: A shared notebook is on the office network where everyone can access > it. Everyone can work in it and make changes. Two or more people need to > take it home ...

Microsoft Word crop function
When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of an image? Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if no other method is practical through cro...

Out of Office Assistant not working
I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone. We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4. The client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him. He doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates setup in his Outlook client, either. Can anyone offer any help on this? Thanks. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov> wrote: >I have a user in my company who set up an Out...

Code not working as expected
Excel 2007, XP Pro. Once agin I request your much appreciated assistance with an Excel "funny": The following code appears to run and the rest of the macro runs without any errors. However the data is NOT pasted into the cells D14 and D8 respectively. If I step through using F8 then it works, but when the macro is run using the control button it does not. No error message, just does not paste the data. Help!!! Windows("SCHOOL_MAIN_MENU.xlsm").Activate Range("K33:L33").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Windo...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

place a comma after every word
I have a list : car bar top list bin funny time this I need to have a comma after each word-- car, bar, top, list, bin, funny, time, this, Thanks You could try this: =CONCATENATE(A1)(", ")(A2)(", "), etc. Then copy column and Paste Values. -- moe10134 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moe10134's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544460 for each c in selection c.value=c & "," next c to put to...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Split text cell into seperate colums without splitting up a word
I have text cells with sentences ranging from 0 to 160 characters long. I want to break these into 40 character chunks (in separate cells), but don't want to split any word in half. ie, if the 40 char mark is in the middle of the work, I want to go backwards, find where the word starts and split from that point. It's exactly like a wrap text -- but I want to split those lines up into separate cells. thanks kaf If your sentence were in A1, use these 4 formulas: B1: =LEFT(A1,MAX((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:40")),1)=" ")*ROW (INDIRECT("1:40")))) C1: =LEF...

Hyperlink from Word to PDF
Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? -- Sherry Vinturella Hello Sherry Sherry wrote: > Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? I got this originally from pdfzone.com: - using the PDF page numbers: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#page=8 - using the Named destinations: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#myNameddestination see also: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParams.pdf Opening the PDF at this location only seems to be working when it's ...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

UNC Path using DNS alias (CNAME) on local server doesn't work
I have many windows server 2003 servers. On all of our file shares/SQL servers we use CNAMES for easy DR changes and testing. Primarily we only use DNS aliases from clients to the servers We installed a new app that has a database of UNC locations. The app uses these locations to do some file copies. The problem seems to be that the server itself cannot access the \\myalias\myshare from itself. Extremely strange. When i try to go to run and type this UNC path using the alias on the server itself i get prompted with a username/password dialog. Any credentials i enter here fail. we a...

Will Multibyte app work for Chinese users?
Hi, I have an application which I built in vc 6. A Chinese user running Simplified Chinese Win2000 pro has reported that it fails on his sytem. I presume this is because I didn't write and compile with Unicode support. Now I've upgraded to VS.Net 2003, and am considering building a Unicode version of my app. However, I have noticed the multibyte option. Will multibyte compilation solve my problem with Chinese users? Will I still have to add _T for literals, change char* to LPTSTR etc? My application is for Win 2000 and above. Thanks. Mike Mike, >I have an application which I bui...

Outlook stopped working #2
does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't solved the problem cheers michelle JonoMish <michelle@secretbudget.net> wrote: > does anyone know how to make outlook work again after error message > "outlook has stopped working"? i've reinstalled and this hasn't > solved the problem Care to be less vague? State your Outlook version, your account type, exactly how you produce the error and what you changed on your PC just before this started happenin...

Matching Columns in work sheets and copying both rows to new
I am trying to match up two different spread sheets based on one column but to copy both rows to a new sheet. eg. First sheet has the following headings: "Owner Group " "Owner CC " "Type " "Product Categorization Tier 2 " "Product Categorization Tier 3 " "Device Name " "Status " "Model Number " "Mfg. Name " "CI ID " "Old Asset ID " "Serial Number " "Region " "Country " "Site " "Building " "Floor " "...

getting rid of paragraph markers in word
I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not knowing what I was clicking. They dusappear in "print preview" and do not print. How do I turn them off? Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18614E5D-F77A-49FB-89BB-BA041F15F20C@microsoft.com... >I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not &...

Microsoft Word Deleting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Ok, I have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and my Word was working perfectly until the other day where I tried to open up Word from the dock and a question mark popped up over the icon at the dock. I looked it up in Finder and it doesn't seem to be there but all of the other Microsoft Office things like Excel and Powerpoint still work fine. Can anyone help? Have you looked in: Applications/Microsoft Office 2008? If 'Microsoft Word.app' actually isn't there do a Spotlight search for it and look in the Trash. Once...

Access 2003 Command-line /WRKGRP Not Working
Even though I have created a workgroup for each of my databases, trying to use the command-line /WRKGRP option does not seem to work. Whichever workgroup I use the "Join..." button for is not replaced when I call up another database using the following command structure: "[path_to]\MSACCESS.EXE" "[path_to]\mydb.mdb" /WRKGRP "[path_to]mydb.mdw" The only way I can change the workgroup is through the menu. That is NOT the solution I need as users ARE NOT going to do this each time they change to another database. The reason I need seperate workgroups ...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

Search sites not working
Hello Again: When I originally created my Sharepoint 2007 publishing site, I decided for whatever reason that I didn't need the default search site or the site map and deleted them (everyone is saying doooh!). So I am trying to configure a new search site but nothing is working correctly. I am assuming that I need to link the new site to the old database some how, but not having any luck. When I do a search, I get this message: System.InvalidOperationException: The search application "54fd814d-7774-4c0b-a4f9-6f473adedd4d" is not ready. at Microsoft.Office.Ser...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Can't set hyperlink to Word bookmark
Excel 2007 (& Word 2007) Vista Enterprise SP1 This topic has been covered re older versions of Excel, with no definitive answer. I want to hyperlink a certain Excel cell to a specific point in a Word document. I select the cell, hit Ctrl-k, and navigate to the file. The path and file appear in the address problem. I then press the Bookmark button. The following message appears: "Microsoft Office Excel could not open this file or could not parse a file of this type." [Why not? It's the same Office version?] The Show Help button unhelpfully says that certai...