[ANN] Share one account with multiple users and/or computers

PROBLEM:

*  You are in a situation where two or more people check the same account
but have problems knowing who has acted on the message(s) or see a flagged
message for your attention. This is further complicated by platform and
email application (e.g. Outlook, Entourage and Apple mail).

*  You are the only user but access your account from multiple computers.

Continue reading for the solution along with info on IMAP and POP accounts
as well as IMAP providers:

Share one account with multiple users and/or computers (The Entourage Help
Blog)
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/01/share_one_account_with_multiple_user
s_andor_computers.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/9rpbdj>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

(Note the Office newsgroup messages from the Mactopia forum interface have
not been showing up for users that use a newsreader. This problem happened
around Sept 24. Your questions are not being ignored. We just can't see
them.)

Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader.
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>)

GET UNIQUE ROWS FROM ONE PAGE TO ANOTHER
I track jobs for techs page one example. Excel 2003 JOB TECH ACCT# STAT ADDRESS 1B 603 162395-7 CP 6844 N DE CHELLY LOOP 3B 617 164655-11 CP 10700 N LA RESERVE DR # 2106 5B 603 267454-1 CP 7270 S SAND DUNE VLY D 4B 634 131976-3 CP 5702 N CAM LAGUNA 3B 609 193005-2 CP 4961 N DIAMOND PL 16B 650 267451-1 XO 9950 N CAM DEL PLATA 1B 636 206822-7 CP 7525 W SUMMER SKY DR 10B 607 120813-8 CP 3028 W WYOMING ST 2B 609 100114-2 RS$ 6430 N MONTROSE DR 3B 603 168731-9 CP 4156 N RIO CANCION # 33 3B 626 231452-8 CP 7990 E SNYDER RD 11 107 I want to take all of ie 603 info in...

Shared Calendar #5
I have this in my Free/busy publish and search location \\fileserver\calendar\%name%.vfb and in my contact for John I have added this \\fileserver\calendar\john.vfb in John's contact Internet Free-Busy address area. When I try and open a shared calendar I get the folowing message: Unable to display the folder. Your profile is not configured to support this operation for this user What am I doing wrong? ...

Excel should form a bell curve graph from one series of data
I would like to form a bell curve from a given set of 641 numbers. I believe there should be a function in excel that will calculate the mean and standard deviation from the given series and present everything on the bell curve. I have already calculated the mean and stan. dev. but do not know how to present it all without a manual drawing. See Normal curve http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/normal_distribution/index.htm -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <AF52AA96-E8...

Strange issue with user not being able to connect to exchange server.
I have a user who has been experiencing sporatic issues when logging into Outlook. When she logs in she is only able to see old email (from months ago, nothing recent). When this occurs she has access to all network resources, she can ping exchange. She did have offline synchronization enabled. So I disabled. Now when this issue ocurrs she gets the error message that she cannot connect to exchange, "retry, cancel.." I am at a loss. I tried creating a new profile but this does not fix. Once she is experiencing this issue, it usually just fixes itself with time. But th...

multiple accounts and address books
Using Microsoft Outlook 2003. I have 2 email accounts set up in outlook that specifically use 2 separate address books. let's say that account 1 uses addbook1 and account 2 uses addbook2. if i'm in account1 inbox and create new mail, i'd like to be able to automatically see addbook1 when i click the "to" button and the same for account 2. Outlook can't do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrator...

Returns Inventory Posting Account does not respect locations department code
With our Sales Order Processing Setup reflecting Posting Accounts from Customer, when we process a sales return, it appears to be pulling the account correctly for the Sales distributions, however it does not route to the locations department code correctly. If we change the posting account settings to pull from the Item vs the Customer, then the locations department code is respected. Can anyone tell me what we might be doing incorrectly or if this is a known limitation/issue of the system and if so, what workaround might be out there? Thanks ~Mike Butler ...

How can I create a user defined function in excel?
If I have a equation eg: =(A1+B1*if(t10=TRUE;1;-1)), how can I define it to a Myfunction (A1;B1;T10)? Use Alt+F11 to open VB Editor Use command Insert | Module Copy this to the newly open module sheet Function Myfunction(x, y, z) If z Then multi = 1 Else multi = -1 End If Myfunction = x + y * multi End Function Return to Excel and type in any cell =Myfunction(A1,B1, T10) But why not use Function Myfunction(x, y, z) If z Then Myfunction = x + y Else Myfunction = x - y End If End Function best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove ca...

Test Account Settings asks to enter network password?????
Last week I tried setting up Outlook to get get my Yahoo Mail, when I hit Test Account Settings ... I had the problem I stated below. I was using a wireless NIC on my laptop to begin with then I tried a LAN line and I was able to set it up. Now today I tried sending an e-mail and it won't let me. I went back into E-mail Accounts to check my setting and when I clicked on Test Account Settings.... the same thing happened both with the wireless NIC and the LAN line My Problem: When I click on Test Account settings... a popup comes up asking me to enter network password. There ar...

Balancing an account across an archive
I have archived the 2003 portion of an account, and Money 2004 has included unreconciled transactions in the archive. Now when I go to balance the current state of the account, the beginning balance is incorrect and the archived transactions are missing. How do I correct this issue? Open the archive file, enter any transactions since you archived, forget about archiving, and press on? Of course the archived transactions are missing. What was it you thought Archive did? Seriously, archiving is a bad idea in general (all pain, no gain) and a specifically horrible idea if you are archiv...

Not allowing users the ability to edit a cell
Hi there In my database, I have included an age calculation as a control source. How do I set it up so that users can not make changes to this variable? Thank you in advance for your help. On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:35:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >In my database, I have included an age calculation as a control source. > >How do I set it up so that users can not make changes to this variable? > >Thank you in advance for your help. If the Control Source of the textbox is a calculated expression, it's ...

Truncating one character when printing brochures.
when trying to print brochures with publisher, the last character on page is truncating. When I do a print preview it shows me also that the last character will truncate. Is it the print program or something I am doing wrong in publisher? benny <benny@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > when trying to print brochures with publisher, the last character on > page is truncating. When I do a print preview it shows me also that > the last character will truncate. Is it the print program or > something I am doing wrong in publisher? It's your pri...

Multiple Find &amp; Replace
I have an excel file that I need to remove some characters from selection like '?)(*&^%'. Is there a way of doing this in one go, or d I have to do it one at a time? e.g. find '?' replace with '' I will have to do this across many spreadsheets, so if there is a wa of doing it quicker, I would appreciate being pointed in the righ direction -- kevin For most of those characters you could record a macro that replaces & with "". However, the star * and question mark ? create a problem because Excel recognizes those as a wildcard, and if you instruct ...

Account Payments #2
I need to know what report shows payments made at the POS towards an account balance? I cant seem to find it. I've looked at the Accounts Receivable Detailed Report but it shows no payments, just the balance. Thank you in advance. I have the exact same question. I am trying to find a report that will show me which invoices a particular payment was used for. Should be able to do this somehow. "Phil V" wrote: > I need to know what report shows payments made at the POS towards an account > balance? I cant seem to find it. I've looked at the Accounts Receivable &...

multiple deactivate pop3
hi group! it's very easy to deactivate the pop3 feature for one active directory user. Is there a procedure how to deactivate the feature for let's say 100 users at once? Best regards Andy Make them under one OU use create a VB Script and run it "Andreas Wöckl" wrote: > hi group! > > it's very easy to deactivate the pop3 feature for one active directory user. > Is there a procedure how to deactivate the feature for let's say 100 users > at once? > > Best regards > > Andy > > > hi manoj! do you have an exam...

Combining Multiple Sheets into a single sheet
Hi I have 6 spreadsheets, each with in excess of about 80 sheets and would like to combine all the info from all the sheets from a single spreadsheet into 1 single worksheet within the same spreadsheet. Can someone please tell me how to do this. Additionally, all the information on every sheet is similiar, except that every sheet contains a different number of rows of data. Thanks in advance Depending on what you mean by "combining," XL's PivotTable's Consolidation capability may be what you are looking for. Start with Data | PivotTable and PivotCharts... (*) | se...

purge user's mailbox
I want to erase all messages from the user's mailbox. As Exchange Admin I connect the system manager, but the option of purge and reconnect are grayed out. How can I erase all user's mails? Thank you Those options will only be available on mailboxes that have been deleted and the mailbox cleanup agent has run. You could consider deleting the mailbox and just creating a new one of the user - that will certainly clean it. That's probably the quickest way for a single user. If you want to process multiple mailboxes, consider using the mailbox manager. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MV...

Multiple Bill Payment services in MS2004? (MSN, NetBank)
NetBank upgraded their service and they now support Bill Pay from inside Money- they don't provide a lot of instructions though, just tell us to delete Netbnk az online service, then set it up again. When I did the setup in Online Services, on a summary page Money told me the NetBank account now has direct dowload AND BILLPAY - but that was just a status message. If I now start a bill payment, it still goes to MSN Bill Pay, my current provider. I wonder if that's an issue .. i.e Money would only recognize one service provider, and to be able to use NetBank I would have to disable th...

Disable ability for users to remove category tags
Is there a registry key or other setting to disable the ability for users to remove category tags applied to messages in Outlook 2007? Users should still be able to add category tags, however I would like to know how we can disable users from clearing the tags once applied. Thanks - No, that is not possible. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Josh" <Josh@...

SOLUTION: Unable to logon to the server. Please verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct.
If you are receiving the following error from Exchange Server Migration Wizard I a the solution that worked for me after digging and digging and not able to find the problem. ERROR: Verify that server name, port, account name, and password are all correct. I was hung up this problem.... Go to the Exchange 5.5 server Exchange Administrator, go to Protocols / LDAP and check the port number. Mine had been changed from 389 (default) to 390. I probably did it but missed this completely looking through the problem, certainly didn't know the solution of specifying LDAP server port in the wizar...

using data from one sheet to another
Hi I want to keep a running balance in a budget , month on month and I understand that its not best to use an accumalator. I was advised to have twelve separate tabs which is fine and I have copied the sheet to the next tab but I don't know how to link cells from one sheet to another. Can anyone help please, and yes I am an absolute beginner. Thanks -- Deb Assuming that by "a budget" you mean a checkbook type account where the present balance is continually calculated down the page then try something like: =LOOKUP(2,1/Sheet1!H1:H1000,Sheet1!H1:H1000) This will retur...

Unable to add computer to domain
Hi Guys, its me again I have a computer which cannot be added to the domain. This is the problem. Apparently, someone deleted the OU which contained the servers and never restored it. So now I'm trying to apply group policy to one of the computer and getting some errors. So we disjoin the computer from the domain (the computer still had domain.lab as its domain), this was done successfully. Now when we try to rejoin the computer to the domain I get the following error "The computer failed to join the domain "domain.lab" ..... failed to update the dnshostname a...

URGENT!!! shared workbook prob
I have set up a custom form in excel for users to select or type data into that then sends the information to a new sheet in a list format at button click e.g Email only recontact size Budget yes no 100 5000 no yes 200 6000 #1 I then made it a shared workbook with the necessary ranges unprotected. but say for instance i am adding new data into the form thus creating a new record it places it underneath the previous record, but if my partner is also adding new records in the shared wo...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay to External Users
Hi all, Having a problem sending to certain domains. Exchange 2003 Server...below is the log from the front end server. Again this is not one domain and also not all....very strange. I have read alot of the posts here and on the web and none seem to be exactly the same situation. We do have a ne PIX Firewall and smtp fixup IS disabled. HELP PLEASE!!! Jamie This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #1601. The client at "192.168.0.7" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for externaluser@ex...

User defined exception causing abort
Hi, I have a COM object written in VC++ 6 that causes abort() to be called after throwing a user defined exception. My top level method is CheckIn() and that has a catch block for a pointer to base class exception: catch (BaseException *e) { ... } Within the try block of CheckIn I'm calling another function called InsertLateSubmission. This function in turn calls another function InsertXML which throws an exception of type DomHelperException: catch (com_error& e) { throw new CDomHelperException( s_sUnableToInsertFragment, e.Error(), e.Description() ); } DomHelperException is...

Creating a distribution list that sends emails to addresses other than user's default #2
I want to create an email distribution list that sends emails to a different email address than the default. Right now in Active Directory (windows server 2003), I create a user than a create a default email address (it shows up in bold), and then I can create multiple alias's that are then redirected to the default address. What I want to do is create a distribution list that sends emails to an email address that is not the users default email account. For example, I have a user who's default address is john@company.local, he has a number of alias's such as info@company.com. Wha...