[ANN] Office 2008 12.0.1 update

        Hi All,

The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx

It should soon also be available through Auto-update.
114.1MB!!!
The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this
time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here:

The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a
network through ARD :-) ).

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

I installed the update, but Entourage is still 12.0.0 (071130). Word was
updated to 12.0.1.

Why didnt they fix Entourage?

Corentin Cras-Méneur wrote:
>Hi All,
>
>The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia:
>http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx
>
>It should soon also be available through Auto-update.
>114.1MB!!!
>The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this
>time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here:
>http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=108496
>
>The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a
>network through ARD :-) ).
>
>Corentin

0
digitalfx
3/11/2008 4:49:40 PM
BTW- Word, Excel, PP all show 12.0.1, Entourage is the only app that still
says ver 12.0.0.

So far notifications seem to be works, so maybe it was updated but they
failed to update the ver number??

digitalfx wrote:
>I installed the update, but Entourage is still 12.0.0 (071130). Word was
>updated to 12.0.1.
>
>Why didnt they fix Entourage?
>
>>Hi All,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>
>>Corentin

0
digitalfx
3/11/2008 5:27:14 PM
Just checked by auto Update an does not show

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
>         Hi All,
>=20
>=20
> The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx
>=20
> It should soon also be available through Auto-update.
> 114.1MB!!!
> The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this
> time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here:=

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D108496
>=20
> The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a
> network through ARD :-) ).
>=20
> Corentin
>=20

--=20
Phillip M. Jones, CET   |LIFE MEMBER: VPEA ETA-I, NESDA, ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street      |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112   |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com

<http://www.vpea.org>
0
pjones1 (24)
3/11/2008 6:47:58 PM
You've jumped the gun while place holder is there there is no update the =

link is not hot and you have to go through Mactopia link before going to =

download site. Also the auto Update which has been updated to 12.1.1=20
does not show it.

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
>         Hi All,
>=20
>=20
> The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx
>=20
> It should soon also be available through Auto-update.
> 114.1MB!!!
> The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this
> time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here:=

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D108496
>=20
> The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a
> network through ARD :-) ).
>=20
> Corentin
>=20

--=20
Phillip M. Jones, CET   |LIFE MEMBER: VPEA ETA-I, NESDA, ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street      |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112   |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com

<http://www.vpea.org>
0
pjones1 (24)
3/11/2008 6:59:01 PM
Now its available from Mactopia. still doesn't show up in Auto Update.

I'm going to download from Mactopia on my Laptop and copy to a USB=20
SanDisk Drive and update the version on my firewire drive. just too big=20
to download otherwise.

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
>         Hi All,
>=20
>=20
> The Office 20089 12.0.1 update is now available on Mactopia:
> http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx
>=20
> It should soon also be available through Auto-update.
> 114.1MB!!!
> The KB describing the update is not yet live on the MS site so at this
> time I do not yet have the release note, but it will be available here:=

> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=3D108496
>=20
> The updater is a .mpkg package (so it is installable through over a
> network through ARD :-) ).
>=20
> Corentin
>=20

--=20
Phillip M. Jones, CET   |LIFE MEMBER: VPEA ETA-I, NESDA, ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street      |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112   |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com

<http://www.vpea.org>
0
pjones1 (24)
3/11/2008 7:10:24 PM
Phillip Jones wrote:
>You've jumped the gun while place holder is there there is no update the
>link is not hot and you have to go through Mactopia link before going to
>download site. Also the auto Update which has been updated to 12.1.1
>does not show it.
>
>>         Hi All,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]
>>
>> Corentin

The update is there, I have it installed.

look here:
http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx

0
digitalfx
3/11/2008 7:14:22 PM
Phillip Jones <pjones1@kimbanet.com> wrote:

> You've jumped the gun while place holder is there there is no update the
> link is not hot and you have to go through Mactopia link before going to
> download site. Also the auto Update which has been updated to 12.1.1
> does not show it.

I got the link from the installer itself (in the splash screen) and it
is now live :-)

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
3/11/2008 7:47:15 PM
"digitalfx" <u42024@uwe> wrote:

> BTW- Word, Excel, PP all show 12.0.1, Entourage is the only app that still
> says ver 12.0.0.

Wellllll that's not good.
It shoudl be 12.0.1 as well.
I am having a nightmarish experience with the updater myself and I am
struggling to get back on my feet, but it looks like the process is far
from smooth for some of us =:-@

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
3/11/2008 7:48:51 PM
On 3/11/08 11:47 AM, in article OlNQuh6gIHA.4396@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl,
"Phillip Jones" <pjones1@kimbanet.com> wrote:

> Just checked by auto Update an does not show

Did you apply the updater for AutoUpdate?

Office 2008 AutoUpdate (MAU) updated to 2.1.1
<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2008/02/office_2008_autoupdate_mau_updated_t
o_211.html>

<http://tinyurl.com/25hvc4>
--
Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees)

diane7495 (1195)
3/12/2008 2:16:23 AM
Diane Ross <diane@invalid.entourage.mvps.org> wrote:

> On 3/11/08 11:53 AM, in article ee9338e.2@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Tony"
> <tdehnke@mac.com> wrote:
>
> > not installing for me, can't find office 2008 on my system.. weird..
>
> Are you installed on your boot volume?

It should find it regardless (it did for me).
It spends quite some time looking for it on all mounted volumes.

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

The word limit is too short. 175-225. Can you write 1,000 words?
I'm struggling and frustrating myself with creating a newsletter in publisher. I have articles that I have written that are all 1,000 words or so. Is this too many words for newsletter articles? Publisher only allows 175-225 per section. This would be a MAJOR editing job to cut down to this level. Furthermore, significant information will be lost. I suppose articles are supposed to be short and to the point when creating a 'newsletter.' Your suggestion/comment will be appreciated. Ken You can write a book in Publisher, what you need to do is link your text boxes...

Can't Print to PDF in Office for Mac 2004 in Leopard
If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the application crashes. Print to PDF works in all other applications. Is this a known issue? If so, what is the timing for a patch? Are there any workarounds? Thanks. In article <0bde41c4-8669-4443-8d4a-8a5dcd281016@y5g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, <marvin.cash@gmail.com> wrote: > If I try to Print to PDF from Word, Excel or Powerpoint, the > application crashes. Print to PDF works in all other applications. > Is this a known issue? If so, what is the timing for a patch? Are > there any workarounds? Thanks...

4.0 Data Migration Wizard on SBE?
I've installed the Wizard but in the 1st step (Signing in/gathering config info), I get an ASP.net exception error. Searches for the error code (which I've lost somewhere) tell me to register the dll in the GAC but that doesnt seem to work. Has anyone run the wizard on SBE successfully? -- Thanx Grizz ...

about date time picker in VC7.1 again.
Hi, I did the specific casting of as NMHDR instead of NMDATETIMECHANGE and it compiles in VC7.1 . But for this particular handler OnDateTimeChangeNotify() Inside this handler I am checking if the date time picker control has set valid date time {if (dtmh->dwFlags == GDT_VALID)}. For that I need to read flags set in NMDATETIMECHANGE type of structure. How do I do this, or should i assume it to be valid date time always? Earlier the handler looked like this: ***************** // This traps the DTN_DATETIMECHANGE notification and checks that the date/time has actually changed. If it h...

Update Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi all, can I update an older Office version (like 98) in German to a Office 2008 English. Means can the language of previous and update version can be different? Many thx D. ...

Output query to excel 08-12-07
Hi, Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular worksheet in an Excel workbook. Using an "Output To" macro, I've managed to output my query to Excel so that it replaces the whole .xls workbook. But what I need to do is output to Sheet 1 of the .xls workbook and leave Sheet 2 intact as it will have formulas referring to Sheet 1. Thanks Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:52:07 +1000, Bob wrote: > Hi, > > Can anyone help me with outputing the results of a query to a particular > worksheet in an Excel workbook. > Using an "Output...

How to set locks to 0
HI Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set Locks to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows actualy, have triggered the following error: "the instance of the sql Server Database Engine cannot obtain a LOKC resource at this time. Rerun your statement when there are fewer users...." I appreciate all your wise suggestions. LAM LAM (luism0@(arroba)yahoo.es) writes: > Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set > Locks to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows > a...

Windows update error message (with a question and a fix)
I have a client which is having a problem running Windows Update on a Windows SBS 2003 everytime I click on Windows Update after 10secs it comes back with a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" tried google to find a fix but everything I've tried does not seem to work. So today I decided to ghost the sever drive on to a old 80GB to have a backup just incase something happens it took 30mins to ghost then I tried booting from the new drive to see if it would boot and was all good. The funny thing is that when it booted I tried Windows Update and it w...

How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site
How To Get 1 Million Visitors On Your Web Site Without Paying A Dime In advertising ! Click here : http://www.freeadguru.com/cgi-bin/i.pl?c=a&i=16649 Are you frustrated by the lack of traffic coming to your site? If I would tell you that after months of research, I just got my hands on the most hidden secrets... Pssttt, yes precisely those secrets that the wealthy webmasters are using now to get their millions of hits every day. And let me tell you, it works... It's incredible to see all the knowledge they possess...they even have very sneaky tricks ! These well guarded ...

Upgrading CRM 3.0 from SQL 2000 to SQL 2005
Hi, We are planning to upgrade CRM 3 to CRM 4 but currently our CRM 3 runs on SQL 2000 and according to the upgrade path CRM4 requires SQL 2005! So, what is the process of upgrading SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 for CRM? I have found the method of upgrading SQL itself whcih basically entails installing 2005 SQL then moving the 2000 databases to the 2005 instatnce, but will this work OK for CRM as well? Are there any other steps/dependancies than need to be considered. Thanks in advance (of a long night upgrading!) Nik Upgradation is SQL Server 2005 installation which will upgrade from SQL 200...

Printing In Excel 12-01-09
I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages? The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? Never seen this before and I am sure file is ok Thanks for any help Steve On Dec 1, 11:05=A0am, k11ngy <k11...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am sure I posted this but cant see it On-Line > > I have an Excel file that when i try and print it states 1 of 2368 Pages?= =A0 > The file is ok on another PC, would this be a virus or? =A0Never seen thi= s > before and I am s...

Watch this corrective update that came from Microsoft Corporation
--onkdsuysvvng Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfbhdbklwehwbiu"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfbhdbklwehwbiu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ampkwllbdcvecaddz" --ampkwllbdcvecaddz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install n...

Windows SBS 2008 "Connect computers to your network"
While running the "Connect Computer program" from USB drive, as directed by SBS 2008 "Connect computer to your network" dialogue box on a computer running Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 2, the following error occurred: an error occurred while downloading the connect computer application. How does one correct this? -- PF Hi Patrick: Is the computer attempting to join connected by wired or wirless networking? Have other computers, with the same or different versions of windows been able to connect using this ...

Critical security update Question
Hi I'm a little confused about this security update. I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 My store version cuurently is 6.5.7638.2 from reading kb895949 my server is not effected at this time. If i install security update kb916803 for Exchange does this now update my store version to 7650.23 and now i would be effected by the new "send as permissions" Thanks You are correct. The other store updates were in patches only available from PSS..MS has included a script to manage the send as stuff if you have a BES server or something at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=912918 &q...

i can't remove out of office message
I set up the Out of Office Assistant when I went away and now when I try to disable it I get the error message: The command is not available. See the program documentation about how to use this extension. I have no idea what to do now "Norm1957" <Norm1957@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CCA07CC-EEF7-44B7-8F4C-AE5DB40837F7@microsoft.com... > I set up the Out of Office Assistant when I went away and now when I try > to > disable it I get the error message: > > The command is not available. See the program documentation about...

MFC7 and VC6.0
I use VC6.0 to develop programs, but I want to use a MFC7 class,such as CHtmlEditView,so how can I do that? It is not simplly include the MFC7 header files and the library files----it give so many error messages. So I want to know whether I can use MFC7 class in my VC6.0 developping environment. Thanks! I have not used CHTMLEditView but if it appears only in MFC7, you cannot use it unless you link against it. In essence you are asking to use MFC4.2 and MFC7. That makes little sense unless you have a strong reason to stay with MFC4.2. Why not simply move to MFC7? -- Ajay Kalra [...

Caption numbering in chapters
Hello, I am writing a PhD thesis and require some help numbering my figures and tables. I use Word 2003 and would like Word to restart numbering of my figures and tables after each chapter (NOTafter each section). For example, captions of figures/tables in Chapter 1 should read Figure/Table 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc, and captions of figures/tables in Chapter 2 should appear as Figure/Table 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, and so on. I use the built-in Heading 1 style for chapters. When I go through the Insert/Reference/Caption routine, the caption label and numbering seem to be fine with the correc...

Exchange server 4.0
My exchange server is version 4.0. I have the situation that I am out of space for e-mail storage. I need to know if there is any automatic process to delete old files that the users do not need to do it manually. In addition, I saw that in the logon area of the exchange server the users are 2 or 3 times logged. I think this is taking more than one license per user. Let me know your recommendations for these situations. Thanks "Jlopez" <juanl@medtech-grp.com> wrote in news:f3c201c3f196$e3152cb0 $a001280a@phx.gbl: > My exchange server is version 4.0. I have the sit...

Prints only 8 1/2 x11 envelope, no matter what size selected
i can only print 8 1/2 x 11 on print preview and the print out no matter what size I select or how I orient the envelope. I have done a Word repair from installation disc & removed and reinstalled printer software, (Epson Stylus Photo 960). In another application the printer prints with various normal selections. I have other Word envelope files for other mailings stored, and they preview and print normal. It appears to be some over ridding default I cannot find. The problem appeared after I attempted to print some custom 8 1/2 x 11 envelopes for a job and since I have not be...

V. 11.1.0 problems
After installing the update to v. 11.1.0, all of my Office applications have slowed to a crawl. As an example, in Entourage, when I'm at the Mail screen, if I select the Address Book or Calendar button, everything freezes for 10 to 15 seconds. I'm running OS X 10.3.5 w/ 512 mb of RAM. Any suggestions?? ...

Outlook installing every time in 1
I get an error/install only in 1 outlook 2000 on only 1 of many 2000 Terminal Services clients ( all others work fine). This error only happens when this client opens the outlook 2000 on their client log in. All that it does is try install every time it is opened. It works after but they have to wait for it each time. I believe that when I log in to that client that I can do a quick reg edit to fix it but I can not find any papers on this at the MS web site? Anyone seen this or have a per they can shaer with me? Please email me Patrick@jobwarehouse.com ...

Cwnd::CreateEx creates a window under Win2k that looks like Win 3.1!
This is a weird one. I'm creating a window for a class derived from CWnd using CreateEx. The window is created and it is perfectly usable. However, all of its widgets, and its style in general is that of Windows 3.1! I don't understand how this can be. My code: CString my_class = AfxRegisterWndClass(CS_VREDRAW | CS_HREDRAW, ::LoadCursor(NULL, IDC_ARROW), (HBRUSH) ::GetStockObject(WHITE_BRUSH), ::LoadIcon(NULL, IDI_APPLICATION)); BOOL status = mInterpreter->CreateEx( WS_EX_APPWINDOW|WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE| WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, my_class, _T("Python Interpreter"), W...

Re: WMP 9 updates (was: UNICOWS.DLL)
thanatoid wrote: > "Bill in Co." <not_really_here@earthlink.net> wrote in > news:ewnXoplmKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > >> Nah. Keep WMP (older versions) and WinAmp. (Last I >> heard, VLC was a bit "invasive"). > > This is the "uninstall.log" from the 1.02 XP version: > > vlc.exe > vlc.exe.manifest > libvlc.dll > libvlccore.dll Are those DLLs in the windows system folder, or JUST in the VLC pgm folder? More below... <snipped the list of a few HUNDRED added items below - WOW> >&...