[ANN] Office 11.5 and 12.1.1

        Hi All,

   The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia:
<http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>

They are not yet available through auto-update, but they'll probably be
in a few days.

The respective release notes for these updates are on
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953824>
and
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953822>

The Office 12.1.1 udpate for Office 2008 fixes the double-click issue
apparently.

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)

Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

>    The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>

Oh, yeah, and apparently the 11.5 update is a combo one :-)

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
6/24/2008 7:32:28 PM
In article <1ij1n15.gavd5x1v928h7N%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org>,
Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:
>
> >    The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia:
> > <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>
>
> Oh, yeah, and apparently the 11.5 update is a combo one :-)
>
> Corentin

What's odd, though -- if the "Open XML File Format Converter for Mac"
has been moved to "1.0", does the 11.5.0 office update install this or
not if the "beta" XML converter was *not* installed?

From the mactopia description:

Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac 11.5.0 Update

This update contains several improvements to enhance stability and
compatibility with documents that were created in Office 2008 for Mac
and Office 2007 for Windows. If the Open XML File Format Converter for
Mac is installed, this update enables Office 2004 for Mac to read and
write Office documents that are in the Open XML Format. For more
information about this update, please visit the Microsoft Web site.

So, does it install the Open XML 1.0 converter or not?

Or does it just update the "beta" if it finds it there?

- Steve
0
maser (45)
6/24/2008 7:59:26 PM
Steve Maser <maser@umich.edu> wrote:

> So, does it install the Open XML 1.0 converter or not?

I don;t think it does. Since then the 1.0 of the XML converter came out.
It's on MacTopia,

Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
6/24/2008 9:40:10 PM
Interesting that it's "fixed" when so many said it was "supposed to be that
way" for various reasons...
I'm glad "we" won out on this one.
Time to test and upgrade!

Thanks, Corentin!
Scott

On 6/24/08 12:16 PM 6/24/08, in article
1ij1m6s.1jbq69m1hocfmoN%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org, "Corentin Cras-M�neur"

Scott Boettcher <scott.boettcher@umusic.com> wrote:

> Interesting that it's "fixed" when so many said it was "supposed to be that
> way" for various reasons...

I guess we'll never know exactly what hapenned, but I suspect that 12.1
prevented loading certain "dangerous" files. In the process, it probably
also prevented good files (but with an outdated file type) to load
through a simple double-click.
The 12.1.1 corrects this.

I wish I had known before that this update was coming. I wouldn't have
wasted time putting scripts together to correct the file types of the
affected files. Oh well.....

        Corentin

--
            --- Mac:MS MVP  http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
korventeen (753)
6/25/2008 2:50:26 PM
In article <1ij1sx0.1wdqljmye3d4gN%korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org>,
Corentin Cras-M�neur <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org> wrote:

> Steve Maser <maser@umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > So, does it install the Open XML 1.0 converter or not?
>
> I don;t think it does. Since then the 1.0 of the XML converter came out.
> It's on MacTopia,
>

> Corentin

I think it may install this.

I installed just the 11.5.0 update on an Office 2004 doc that never had
the XML converter on it.

It "converted" one of my ".docx" and ".xlsx" files with no problems
after that.

- Steve
0
maser (45)
6/25/2008 5:39:57 PM
the 11.5 update is

Corentin Cras-M=E9neur wrote:
>         Hi All,
>=20
>=20
>    The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>
>=20
> They are not yet available through auto-update, but they'll probably be=

> in a few days.
>=20
> The respective release notes for these updates are on=20
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953824>
> and
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953822>
>=20
> The Office 12.1.1 udpate for Office 2008 fixes the double-click issue
> apparently.
>=20
>=20
> Corentin
>=20
>=20
>=20

--=20
Phillip M. Jones, CET   |LIFE MEMBER: VPEA ETA-I, NESDA, ISCET, Sterling
616 Liberty Street      |Who's Who. PHONE:276-632-5045, FAX:276-632-0868
Martinsville Va 24112   |pjones@kimbanet.com, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjones@kimbanet.com

<http://www.vpea.org>
0
pjones1 (24)
6/25/2008 11:21:00 PM
On 6/24/08 3:16 PM ET, "Corentin Cras-M�neur" <korventeen@NoSpam.mvps.org>
wrote:

>         Hi All,
>

>    The Office 11.5 and 12.1.1 updates are now up on MacTopia:
> <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx>
>
> They are not yet available through auto-update, but they'll probably be
> in a few days.
>
> The respective release notes for these updates are on
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953824>
> and
> <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953822>
>
> The Office 12.1.1 udpate for Office 2008 fixes the double-click issue
> apparently.
>

> Corentin

11.5 is now available through AutoUpdate.
--
Ed Kimball

Is there any office program that helps design your own bank checks
I would like to design my own checks (bank checks) Is there any designs (formats) made to help me get started?? You can write checks on deposit receipts, cant see why I cant print my own checks, designed the way I want. Any comments are welcome. I have looked into this too. The major problem is the magnetic striping of account numbers across the bottom of the check. The characters are alpha/numeric and they get read both optically and magnetically by the banking system. The font to do all this is highly copyrighted, and I don't think you will find it on eBay. The printer to produ...

office 2004 install
When installing office 2004 on imac g3 600mhz 512 oxs 10.3.7, the office assistant will not run and present a window. The drag and drop option dies while copying at item 988 with an error -36 which is an io error. Have had the error multiple times, each time while copying a different file. I tried the ms solution of issuing a command at the terminal, but to no avail. This is a computer with a new hard drive. Ran disk utility and fixed everything. What to do. It's possible you have a damaged CD. Check out the Microsoft Knowledge Base for information: <http://support.microsoft.co...

How can I create a NEW PROFILE OFFICE 2003
I have a Profile which is causing problems with my PST. I was told to create a new profile to use but NOT to create a new one by COPYING the old one. I know how to creat a New profile but HOW CAN I EASILY IMPORT THE EMAIL DATA FROM THE OLD PROFILE TO THE NEW ONE , other than retyping all of the email accounts over again. I have several accounts. I dont know if simply making a COPY of the old profile except that by doing so may simply create a bad profile all over again. You can't, if you want a clean profile (and you do). Just recreate the Email accounts. It can't be that...

1 domain and 2 email servers
Hi All, There are 2 domains: domain1.com domain2.com Each domain has there own email server. Now we purchase a 3rd domain: domain3.com. I need to setup email address for both companies to have a @domain3.com address. I can get this work fine with one mail server as I have the MX record pointing to it but how do I get it to work for both mail servers. Thanks. JN You really should consolidate Exchange but in the meantime: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "JN" <jnsimex@rogers.com> wrote in message news:elEYkbEVGHA.5828@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

LDAP Query #5
I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... This works for one: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) this does NOT work for multiple: (&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com)(mail=*@123.com))) Does anyone know the correct syntax? Thank you for any help! "JHP" <goawayspam@GFY.com> wrote: >I want to setup an Address list (filter) with multiple addresses... > >This works for one: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(mail=*@abc.com))) > >this does NOT work for multiple: > >(&(&(objectCategory=*)(ma...

Problem upgrade from Mscrm 1.2 to 3.0
At the end of the upgrade i got this error message Failed to locate the Reporting Services Report Server configuration file. Verify the file specified in registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Reporting Services[RSConfigFilePath] Does anyone know what wrong? Thanks Mathias ...

ByVal vs. ByRef 11-17-09
I guess I have fallen into the habit of generally passing values ByRef, unless I am certain that the method will never need to alter the value. Also I have never been quite sure what it means to pass a reference type ByVal. And I have never had a problem. Until this past weekend. This past weekend I was playing around with a TreeView representation of a directory and developed the code attached below. The code is very straightforward. A button click routine establishes the topmost node and then calls a recursive subroutine, Populate, to populate the rest of the tree. The ...

CRM 1.2 Received today
Just been informed our copy of 1.2 has been received today lucky. so does it come later for customers? hurry and test it out! I heard it uninstalls 1.0 and then reinstalls with 1.2, hahaha..........keep us updated on your beta testing! -Gary "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:exmsGGevDHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Just been informed our copy of 1.2 has been received today > > ...

excel #5
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I use spreadsheets to keep track of all of the financials for my business. I want to use an old spreadsheet, copy it, delete the information that had been imputed, and replace it with new text and values without getting rid of the formulas that are within the old spreadsheet. I basically want to use the formulas but not the information that was inputed b/c it has changed. Please help. On 6/23/09 1:29 PM, in article 59b7707c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "EvoRevo@officeformac.com" <EvoRevo@officeformac.com> wrote: > V...

How to use Out of Office if no Exchange Server?
Hi guys, I've been trying to tell a friend how to set up an Out of Office reply in her OL2002, but can't even get it working in my own 2007 because according to the help file, you need an Exchange Server to use this facility. Surely not?! How do normal home users set up out of office messages when they don't have an exchange server? There is no "out of office assistant" under Tools, and when trying to set this up manually through Rules and Alerts, there is no option that allows you to reply to messages. I have suggested she uses her ISP's vacation message system, but...

Exchange 5.5 MTA delivery error
Here is the situation. NT 4 SP 6, Exchange 5.5 SP4 One of my Dept Heads sends out his daily report each evening. He ' does not ' use a DL. He takes the previous nights email from the "Sent Items" and just deletes a person here or adds a person, then sends it out again. I have watched as he did this and his procedures are legal and I have done this many times as I am sure you have too, for whatever reason. Now the "FIRST" time that the message is sent, we get the following: MSEXCH:MXEchangeMTA:DOMAIN:MAILEX01 as you can see in the dialog below. Now the "Second&q...

How do i change 15 months to read 1 year and 3 months?
Can some one please provide a formula on how to change months into years and months? Example, I have 15 months in a cell, but would like the next cell to be read 1.3. meaning 1 year and 3 months. Thanks Marty With that format, how are you going to differentiate between 1 year and 1 month and 1 year and 10 months? The numbers 1.1 and 1.10 are indentical to Excel, so you can't accomplish the visual difference (1.1 vs 1.10) with formatting. =DOLLARFR(A1/12,12) will give you 1.01 and 1.10 for the above examples. You need to format the cell with 2 decimal places so you see 1.10, not just ...

NT4 - Exchange 5.5
Hi I have Servers running NT4 SP6 + Exchange 5.5 SP4 I have Outlook 2000 & XP (2002) connecting to this servers and it is working fine Now I have Outlook 2003 trying to connect to these servers and it does not work @ all. I can connect to my exchange using telnet with the IP & Name. Outlook 2003 does resolve the server name but when I try to open outlook it tells me that the server is not available. Please HELP. W ...

Office Notifications no longer work
Sometime in the last month, my Office notifications have stopped working. The Microsoft Office Notifications application is running and I have made sure that it launches at startup, but that hasn't helped the problem. I have repaired permissions since this problem began and have run both Norton Disk Doctor and Alsoft DiskWarrior as part of my regular routine, not specifically for this problem. Again, no effect toward the problem. I am running a dual 1.8 GHz G5 with OS 10.3.9. Office 2004 (Entourage v 11.1.0 (040913)). Any suggestions to fix this? -- Roy Behymer I think you're mor...

office oputlook 2003 email acct setup error
I am getting a 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <email address> error when I try to send an email. I can't get a test email to be sent w/ email actt setup. I have all updates, but my ISP says I need a an update or patch. Please help. ...

Can't open Microsoft Office-- help!
Not sure why Office decided to suddenly crash on me (it worked fine yesterday) but every time I try to open any office program, I get an error message saying "Microsoft (word, excel, etc) has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience". Restarting my computer does nothing. To make things worse, i can't find the office CD. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks so much! Hi marissa, Since everything was working OK previously, something has happened to your computer. You don't say what version of Office you are using, but here are som...

Failed to publish report to MS Office Word or Excel
I received this error when trying to export/convert an Access form to excel, other PCs at the same office works just fine. All PCs running Access 2003 in WIn/XP. The Error is: "Microsoft Access Cannot complete the output operation". The Visual Basic code you entered contains a syntax error or the Output procedures are not available. Make sure there isn't a syntax error in your code. If the syntax is correct, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Office Access. If you want to preserve your security or custom settings, back up the Microsoft Office Access workgroup information file...

Outlook 2007 12-13-09
How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? "spikey789" <spikey789@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3D07AF5-AB82-4F01-9153-4D097DD392E2@microsoft.com... > How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? Don't quite understand where the "pst file" bit comes in, but have you right-clicked on "To Do Bar" and made sure that Tasks is checked? ...

Combo Box 12-26-07
Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. What is it you are trying to do? Perhaps we can offer a suggestion. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:02:00 -0800, Sharon wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. Now if you tell us why you think you need more than one bound column, perhaps some one can help with an alternative solution. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to pe...

Exchange 5.5 IMC question
Hi, anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow it to send?? Cheers John On the Connections tab, set the Transfer Mode to Outbound Only. Restart the IMS. -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "John" <John@4sol.com> wrote in message news:OnQV9krLEHA.2612@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > anyone know how to stop an Exchange 5.5 IMC from recieving but still allow > it to send?? > > Cheers > > John > > Great tip!! This is the answer to my problem (see the "Can I run NAV on received e-mails?"). I need to install NA...

MS CRM with Exchange 5.5
We have a MS CRM client, who is using MS Exchange Server 5.5. The client is not planning to upgrade the existing exchange server 5.5 to current version. They also do not have an active directory implementation and are not planning to upgrade to it. We plan to have a separate active Directory implementation for just the CRM Users to overcome this. The IG states that an Exhchange server 2000/2003 can co-exist with the Exchange 5.5 and be used for CRM mail integration using the Active Directory connector(ADC). In this scenario can we implement exchange server 2000 just to support mail...

remove com add-ins in Office 2007
I have Chinese menues appearing when I enter Access, which I have traced to a Com Add-In. I have found a way to disable it, but want to remove it permanently. When I try to remove it a message says only an administrator can remove the Add-In. I am the administrator for Windows operating system on my computer, but cannot remove a Com Add-In within Access. What am I missing or doing wrong? What operating system? If Vista or Win 7, find msaccess.exe wherever it is in Program Files, right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http:...

Free/Busy information only displayed from 1/1/05 to 3/1/05
Since the beginning of the year, the Free/Busy window for almost ALL of my (800+) users is 'stuck' at 1/1/05 through 3/1/05. Most users publish 2 month's worth of free/busy from Outlook, so I should see one month prior to today's date and two months ahead. If a user increases the # of months published in outlook, the free/busy time is adjusted to 1/1/05 through the correct month, so I know that _some_ level of communication is happening between outlook and exchange. I run a mixed exch5.5 and exch2003 environment. Most clients are outlook 2000 or 2003. The problem oc...

Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se
Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in the cd? Yes it will work and you can use the drivers provided my Microsoft. "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9146817C-4E6E-4584-8AEA-DDC12D99BB44@microsoft.com... > Does rms 1.3 support pindpad 1000se. We have a pindpad 1000se, can we use > the driver on the rms, do we have to install the driver for the pinpad in > the > cd? but the one i have is a usb interface, the opos driver fro...

Project Accounting #5
Can anyone suggest a good "Getting Started" guide or "How To" book for Dynamics GP Project Accounting. -- Dave Hoisch dhoisch@gmail.com There are training manuals you can get through your partner. There might be an eCourse for Project Accounting, too. Other than those options, the user guides that ship with GP are the only PA books I know exist. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Dave" wrote: > Can anyone suggest a good "Getting Started" guide or "How To" book for > Dynamics GP Project Accounting. > -- > Dave Hoisch > dhoisc...