[ANN] New series of articles on using AppleScript with Entourage

I posted part 1 & 2 on Using AppleScripts with Entourage today. These
articles are very basic and rated "E" for everyone and easy.

Part 1 discusses the basics of using AppleScripts. Part 2 is about three of
my most used scripts:

Insert URLs into message
Nuke Messages
Insert Brackets, Quotes and Parenthesis around text

If you have a favorite script you would like to share, please contact me. I
can provide the script for download.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP

diane7495 (1195)

New with Outlook 2003 and IMAP
We have just been directed that we have to start using Outlook 2003. When I mark an email for trash or junk, I get a line through the topic and it gets grayed out. Is there a setting I can use that will put the email into trash or junk when I identify it as trash or junk? I am also trying to put my address book together. I need to find a way to have any email coming in with the same address (ex: occc_community@sunyorange.edu) or (staffchair-bounce@ots.sunyorange.edu) be made into a rule and make sure it goes to the appropriate folder. I am setup using an IMAP configuration. Any help would b...

New Office reminds me of New Coke
Everyone hates it. The difference is that at least with Coke, there was Pepsi. Dear MS: Please admit that his was a failure and provide a patch that allows the world to toggle back to Classic Office. Stop being so arrogant. Did you really think we were going to pay billions to re-train everyone in a flippin' recession? Geez. Engineers.... It doesn't make you bad or dumb to admit you made a mistake. It means that you learned! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this su...

New CRM MVP's
I'd like to welcome our 2 new CRM MVP's: Aaron Elder & Matt Wittemann, welcome to the fold. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM Well come Aaron Elder and Matt Wittemann. /Aami Hi Matts i like to welcome both Aaron and Matt wittemann ..... i want to know hat is MVP .. can u please tell me about this Most Valuable Professional I know that .. i wanted to details about it sorry if i am hurting anybody ... http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpexecsum Thanks ...... Aaron & Matt - Welcome aboard! Larry -- Larry Lentz [CRM MVP] MCSE+I, MCSE W2K, MCDBA, MCSA Me...

Using Rules to Respond to Messages
I'm setting up resource scheduling and like some others have noticed, if a user submits a calendar item to a resource but puts the resource in the required or optional field the calendar has to accept or decline the meeting. Well, your resource is setup to automatically accept resource scheduling and no one is going to read the requests submitted as email. I was thinking I could setup a rule that automatically resonds to the user to tell them that they have selected a resource as a person. Please resubmit this request and put the resource in the resource field. PROBLEM: I can'...

Am I using the pop3 connector properly?
I currently host mail for udc.net on a machine running mailsite. I want to convert everyone over to exchange, but cannot do everyone at once. I believe that I need to use the pop3 connector. All MX records point to the current box running Mailsite. In exchange, I have created a pop3 connector for my own mailbox, and added the SMTP domain and email address for udc.net (so when I send mail, it will show me@udc.net as the from, and return address) I connector definately downloads mail from the pop3 mailbox. But it gets lost. The messages do not appear in my exchange mailbox. If I remove t...

using a UDF in place of a cond. format, b/c I need 4, not three
I know this is an age old topic here, and I'm really hoping that I don't just get referred to another web page [that type of help of course has its place and merits]. And if I had the time, I would have more fun going through docs and notes to find out how to do it, but time is not something I can barter. What I'm looking at is: I'm thinking along the lines of an example where I normally set the borders of my columns [except if it's the first row] in a cond. format via something like this: =AND((NOT(ISBLANK($A1))),(ROW()>1)) But, if I need that space for a Con...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

Only Running New Email Noficication
How do I receive new email notifications in the windows notification area without having the full Outlook 2002 program running all the time? (and thus using up valuable resources? We have an exchange server and are not on the same active directory as the server. Thank you for any help! ...

Using Automation to Send HTML...
The following code used to work fine in Outlook 2000, now with Outlook 2002 it doesn't. Now it leaves a BLANK body. Can anyone tell me why this no longer works? Also, we try the same thing with an RTF type file as the body (.body property), and it just puts junk in the body and does not interpret it as a RTF file. Thanks. Bob ***************************************************** oOutlook = CREATEOBJECT("outlook.application") oMail = oOutLook.CreateItem(0) WITH m.oMail m.oRecipient = .Recipients.Add("test@test.com") m.oRecipient.type = 1 .Subject = &quo...

Moving mailboxes using Active Directory Users and Computers
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01C61DC8.6FAD4950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question: When moving mailboxes using AD Users and Computers from = Exchange server A to Exchange Server B, what will be the effect on users = that currently have their mailbox open in Microsoft Outlook? Some of the = users have Outlook 2003 and some of them have Outlook 2002. Is it best = to do the move when noone is on? but the thing is in this organization, = we have so laptop users that may not be on...

Link to other slides from table using c#
Hi, I'm looking to create links from a certain slide to another, and I need those links to be from within a table. I need it to be something like this: var pptApp = new PowerPoint.Application(); var presentation = pptApp.Presentations.Add(Office.MsoTriState.msoFalse); var slides = presentation.Slides; slides.InsertFromFile(@"C:\Users\Tng1\Documents\PresentationTemplate.potx" , 0, 1); var titleSlide = slides[1]; titleSlide.Name="TitleSlide" ; var tableSlide = slides[2]; tableSlide.Name = "TableSlide" ; va...

What's the best way to diagram a supply chain using Visio?
What's the best way to diagram a supply chain using Visio? ...

*** HOT --- NEW VIRUS ALERT ****
Has anyone seen a new virus going around. We are seeing an email with a zip file that is labeled price.zip or newprice.zip or 08_price.zip or price_new.zip. Within the zip file is a html file called price.html and a folder called price with an executable of price.exe. This thing has it's own SMTP engine and is starting havoc on our network. ANYONE SEEN THIS OR KNOW HOW TO REMOVE IT? for the time being, you might want to block zip files from coming in...sounds like a bagle variation...see here: http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_127423.htm "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbroug...

Sendinf personalised mails to a group using Outlook
Hi All, I would like to know how to send personalised mails to a group (keeping the groups in bcc) using outlook 2003/2007. Please share your thoughts. regards, Jaseel You have stated contradictory points. BCC does not "personalise" it just hides the recipient list. If you want to personalise, ie use data fields like first_name and last_name, you need to do a mailmerge to email. There are many posts here on how to do that. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Jassy" <Jassy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Vendor Changed Names and Need to reassociate items with new Vendor
We have a situation were a couple of Vendors have changed names through acquisitions and we need to create a new Vendor ID for these vendors. What we would like to do is copy the items we have associated with the old vendor to the new vendor so we do not have to recreate all the items again. Is there a way to create a new vendor ID and copy the items linked with an existing vendor ID to the new vendor? Thanks JTT Great Plains has a tool called Professional Services Tool, contact them. The tool is not free. It will do exactly what you are looking for. "JTT" wrote: > We ...

Sort Using Different Columns
I am trying to compile a list of sales by customer and total purchases by that customer in a series of months. I have column a as a master list of customer names. Column B is going to be the charges for that customer in lets say may. Column c is going to be the charges for that customer in June. The problem I am having is that not all customers have charged from us in the same months so when I bring my data into this worksheet it contains the customer name in one column and the charges in another. Doing this does not allow the customer names for one month to line up with the next m...

Entering vacation into a recurring batch using HR attendance
Hello, I have a client who maintains recurring batches and keeps track of vacation and sick payouts that way. We recently moved vacation and sick from payroll to HR. Now there is a restriction that does not allow entering these linked vacation/sick pay codes in a recurring batch. Is there around this or is it basic functionality of attendance? -- Greg. It's the way it is. You'd probably be better off with PTO Manager unless you need more than vacation and sick time. If you do, you'd want to look at Enterprise Leave Manager from Integrity. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

Not showing new emails
I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their inboxes. so i told them to log into webmail, and they can see the emails there... all of these clients are using IMAP and could have very large inboxes.. what could be the problem here? why isnt outlook downloading the emails properly? beanfieldtech@gmail.com <beanfieldtech@gmail.com> wrote: > I've got several clients saying that in Outlook 2003 and Express its > saying they have new email but none of these new emails are in their >...

Access exchange using IMAP
Hi There. I cannot access my email message using IMAP to exchange 2003. The statement as below: Connection refused Configuration: Account: Staffmail Server: 172.18.3.203 User name: Staff\Taufik Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd9 any ide how so solve it? thanks Have you started the IMAP service and made sure that IMAP access is enabled for your user account? Exchange 2003 disables IMAP and POP3 services by default. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Muhamad Taufik Khasim" <Taufik@uniten.edu.my> wrote in message news...

Using "OR" in an IF statement
I am trying to use the command OR in an If statement and I am having no luck. In Lotus 123 I could string commands by using #OR# to produce a common result. For example: =IF(J3="INVEST" #OR# IF(K3 = "INVEST",1,"NO")) I can't seem to make this work in Excel. Can anyone provide me with a correction? Doug, Like this =IF(OR(J3="Invest",K3="Invest"),"The true condition","the false condition") If the true or false condition is numeric then drop the quotes -- Mike When competing hypotheses are other...

Using VBA
Hello, I have a summary timetable sheet, and each customer has a differen colour. If someone is due to visit them on day x, then the cell i shaded in that particular customer. I then have an individual sheet for each customer and I want to be abl to copy the formatting from the summary to the individual custome sheet without having to cut and paste for each individual customer. This is what I have so far Dim Cell As Object Dim CurrentCell As Object Range("B10:Y200").Select For Each Cell In Selection If Cell.Interior.ColorIndex = 52 Then Cell = CurrentCell Sheets("Cus...

Use a range name in VB with IF Then Else statement
Thanks for looking at this one..... when writing a macro in visual basic, how would you write code to do something like this: IF "Named Range 1" is not equal to "Named Range 2" THEN (do a simple cut/copy/paste which I've allready figured out) ELSE END IF I can do this with range as cell address ("A2") but don,t know how to reference the Named Range. Thanks.... Spydor -- spydor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ spydor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28438 View this t...

Using the 'S' key
PowerPoint 2003, Win XP. A presentation with music running from start to end, using the 'S' key to pause the presentation also stops the music. On pressing again to continue the presentation, the music does not continue. I'm not hopeful, but is there a way to continue the music, even if it means that it starts from the beginning? I have the sound set to 'loop until next sound' on the second slide, the first being an introduction slide. Thanks. Brian. On most systems embedded and linked sound act differently in this respect. If you LINK to the so...

Autokeys not using Sendkeys
Hi,Have been using the Autokeys function for years to act as an Access equivalent to the Word Autotext. Sendkeys doesn't work on Vista system - anyone looked at equivalent for Vista Systems. ...

Setup using MSN account
Can anyone help me setup account using MSN (email) what is there is set up? Choose HTTP as the account type and enter your email address and password. Outlook does the rest. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30...