[ANN] Entourage Help Blog

For News, Views and Clues abut Entourage visit the Entourage Help Blog. We
are a group of long-time Entourage users who enjoy sharing our expertise
with anyone who wants to make better use of Entourage. We�ve started by
doing some reminiscing about Claris Emailer and the revolt on the Emailer
Talk. If you have any memories to share, please add your comments. If you
are wondering what the heck has Claris Emailer got to do with Entourage,
then read about how Entourage got it�s start.

<http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/>

--
Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP
Entourage Help Page

0
dross1571 (196)

On 2007-05-20 21:16:18 -0500, Diane Ross <dross@nospam.mvps.org.invalid> said:

>  Clues abut Entourage visit the Entourage Help Blog. We
> are a group of long-time Entourage users who enjoy sharing our expertise
> with anyone who wants to make better use of Entourage. We�ve started by
> doing some reminiscing about Claris Emailer and the revolt on the Emailer
> Talk. If you have any memories to share, please add your comments. If you
> are wondering what the heck has Claris Emailer got to do with Entourage,
> then read about how Entourage got it�s start.

Cool thanks - added to my bookmarks.  : )

--
JR

0
Jolly

REQ: Can Someone Help Me With This Outlook XP Question?
Hello All: I use Word to edit my e-mail msgs in Outlook XP. I had to reinstall Office the other day and now whenever I want to start a new e-mail or reply to an e-mail I get a warning that comes up: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'" There is a box that asks for the amount of time to allow the access: 1 to 10 minutes. Do I have to have specific settings for my Outlook address book? I use the Contact area in Outlook for addresses. I have ...

IWAN & IUSR bei Crystal Reports? *help*
Hi NG, my problem is that i can see the crystal reports, but when i open one i get "more information is needed". But till yesterday i could open reports!! Now after some search i see that i have no IUSR_servane and no IWAM_servername. how could this happen? My system is AD, SQL, CRM and each of them is one a seperate 2003 server. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. Regards Nicolas F�hrs sound strange with the IWAN and IUSR. I offten have this problem. There are a techknowledge article with 13 resoluti...

Help With Strange Error When Trying to Save Any Record
I am getting astrane error happens when try to create any new record (Customer, Item, Vendor or Account), the system gives me a message that "Save Operation Failed" and when i click "More Info" the error message is "Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'", although i have created alot of items, customers, accounts and vendors before but suddenly this error appeared. Any quick help will be highly appreciated. It would appear that the AAG has something to do with a product produced by American Association of Geographers. I...

help with preview pane and "read receipts"
Hi, I'm new to Outlook administration. We run Outlook on a server wit Exchange. Is it possible to setup Outlook on client PC's so that th preview pane cannot be activated by individual users? Also, can the blocking of "read receipts" by individual PC users b prohibited within Outlook, at the server level? If not, is there an other way to do it? My reasoning for wanting to do the above two things is to make th "read receipts" function work more effectively. Thanks for your suggestions. : ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from h...

Need help with formula 01-13-10

please help with this query

Help with Do...Loop
Hi I need a check to be done to see if column a has a number in it then to check if column b has a number. If column B doesn't have a number then I need it to stop and give a msgbox, When column A doesn't have data then I need the loop to stop as we dont have to check column b The code below is what I have but when I try to run it it keeps saying LOOP WITHOUT DO. I hope someone can help me as I am not very good with loops. mykeycode = Range("B32") mysell = Range("N32") Do mykeycode = mykeycode + 1 mysell = ...

Help on Macro or Formula
Hi, i hope someone can help me. i need to create a formula that sits in a cell and looks for data. ( obvioiusly ). however, the formula needs to be in place even though the file from ehere the data comes from might not be there yet. ( i have to create a book that when a new file is created, the links are already in place ). i think it could work with an IF type formula for ( if B2="",""). here is my information. Cell description: A2 = Job no. B2 = Client Name D2 = Actual Spend on project Register!D2 = Job Description Register!H2 = Quoted Amount my path is S:\Clients\...

Need help with update sql plus filter
I have the following update sql (copied from the query design view) UPDATE ListQry SET ListQry.ApprovalStatusID = [Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] WHERE (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID)>300)) OR (((ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)<[Forms]![OpeningForm]![Responsibility] And (ListQry.ApprovalStatusID)>-1) AND ((ListQry.OtherStatusID) Is Null)); ApprovalStatusID is an integer OtherStatusID is an integer ListQry is the recordsource for my form. I would like to add the f...

Entourage repeatedly quits
Of late, Entourage (v. 12.2.3, on OS 10.5.8) has been unexpectedly quitting on me, throwing up an apologetic dialog requesting that I allow it to send a report to Microsoft and offering me the option to restart Entourage. Each time I follow through (send the report, restart Entourage). It's been happening at least twice daily for the past week or so. Why might this be happening? Should I run the database utility to check and/or repair the database? (FWIW, I have been keeping all of my emails for the past few years in separate folders within Entourage -- I have not "archive...

Hyperlink File Help

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

help with a sub
Hi, can anybody tell me why the following code fails at FormatConditions.Add Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim Sh As Worksheet Dim lngLastRow As Long Set Sh = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet lngLastRow = Sh.Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("A4:E" & lngLastRow).Activate Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="=(MOD(ROW(),2)=0" Selection.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 24 End Sub Thanks -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock You have an extra open paren just before MOD: &qu...

cdrom.sys corrupt in Win7
Yesterday Win7 decided to no longer show my 2 LiteOn DVDRW drives. I've tried to re-install/repair the driver (6.1.7600.16385) and everytime I get the same response = my current driver is good. BUT, then when I check with Device Manager, it shows that the drives are not working. Can anyone help me get a new cdrom.sys installed into the system32/drivers folder? Booting up with the Win7 DVD will work. But I can't find the cdrom.sys on the disk. No other repair options are there to get this fixed. Help would certainly be appreciated. I don't want to have to start all o...

Help Please - A bit of a challenge
Hello everyone~ I had had some trouble on a project I have been working on for some time. I have tried numerous approaches, each with undesired results. (VAB Code) The project I am working on has become quite complex, so rather than bother you with my spaghetti code, I have made a simple example of what I am trying to do. (Attached to this Message) The sheet tracks People and how many fruits they had each day. Day1 is where the information is Inputted, Day2 will double the DAY1 numbers, and Day three will triple the DAY2 Numbers. The challenge I am faced with: On DAY1 ...

Help- messages stuck in Outbox
Hello there. Outlook Xp client with all service packs connecting to an exchange 2003 server. This person in my network has rights to another mailbox (which he accesses through her folder list)and when she attempts to forward 2 particular emails with pdf attachments to another user (who also has rights to the mailbox....not that it should matter) the emails get stuck in her Outbox. She can forward those same emails to me without any problems. Also, when she sends emails without attachments to that person they go through. i haven't tried anything else at this point. The person wouldn&...

Help with formula: finding text
Hi, I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell with a list of names in a table. If there is a match it should return a associated text to the matched name from the table. If no match it should just leave the cell blank. Thanks in advance Jonas Hi =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) -- Please click "yes" if this post helped you! Greatly appreciated Eva "Jonas Ornborg" wrote: > Hi, > I would like to ask for help with a formula for comparing name in a cell > with a list of names in a table. If there is a match...

Photo woes in calalog merge... please help!
I'm trying to do a merge and includes photos for each entry. The source for the merge is an Access database query. I have the photos in the same directory as the database and the Publisher document. do I need to list the file as just the "FileName" or does it need to be "\FileName" I'm using Publisher 2003, and I used the Catalog part of the wizard... Any help would be appreciated! Kelvin Kelvin Beaton wrote: > I'm trying to do a merge and includes photos for each entry. > The source for the merge is an Access database query. > > I have th...

Exchange 2003 SMTP QUIT
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = PROBLEM: Problem is that OUR SERVER is sending QUIT-, instead of sending MAIL FROM: MY Server open a SMTP connection REMOTE Server says 220 .. MY Server says EHLO to REMOTE Server REMOTE Server says 250 ... MY Server then say QUIT ! (instead of MAIL FROM ....) We have::Exchange 2003 , cu SP1, pe Windows 2003.. Exchange has also IMF (spam filter from Microsoft) and Symantec Mail Security for Exchange 4.5. all PTR is installed and working OK. The SMTP Server is workin OK a while, then it start opening a lot of connections (7-10 /sec) t...