word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file.  i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents.  i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging.
0
em140

Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be
several things that need to be addressed.

Since you haven't specified your update levels that's where to start. Much
of what you mention is often attributable to not having updates applied, and
the "insert picture" issue is one of them. Confirm that Office has been
updated to 12.2.3 & that you are a 10.6.2 with OS X. Also, launch Apple's
Disk Utility app & run Repair Disk Permissions on your HD.

I don't use Endnote but there have been quite a few reports of problems with
it. Again, updates for Endnote are key factors. I've also seen here that
CWYW is a major cause of Word crashes so if you have that feature active try
turning it off to see if the crashes stop. Search the group using the
keyword 'endnote' for more.

Also � and no offense � but the hair on the nape of my neck always stands
straight up when anyone reports problems wit a document where Track Changes
is being used :-)... Especially if it's just one or several specific
documents. Many will recommend that it be used sparingly or not at all
because it is a proven cause of document corruption. This is especially true
if it has been left on continuously through several editing sessions & can
be exponentially compounded by how the document has been modified.

Make sure you have a current backup safely tucked away. In the event that
corruption is the problem your current working copy may soon not be usable
or recoverable. Should you continue to have problems with the file after
following the update suggestions there is info here on potential cures for
corrupt documents: http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DocumentCorruption.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/25/10 5:26 PM, in article 59bb3761.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"em140@officeformac.com" <em140@officeformac.com> wrote:

> word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and
> when i am inserting pictures from file.  i seem to have no other options but
> force quit then i get lots of recovered documents.  i am doing doctoral study
> so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted.
>
> inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging.

0
CyberTaz
2/26/2010 11:20:55 AM
0
em140
2/26/2010 6:33:21 PM
You may find some interesting perceptions on Track Changes as well as
alternatives in Clive Huggan's celebrated "Bend Word..." notes. The document
is available as a free download & although it hasn't been updated in a while
most everything is timeless unless it explicitly involves VBA:

http://word.mvps.org/mac/bend/bendwordtoyourwilltoc.html

Also, just in case you aren't aware of it, Word 2008 incorporates its own
Citations Manager which may be suitable. You can find more on it in Word
Help if you start with the topic: Add a bibliography

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/26/10 1:33 PM, in article 59bb3761.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"em140@officeformac.com" <em140@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks for this extensive advice!  I will run disk repair i think.  i have
> updated to 12.2.3 and i am a 10.6.2.
>
> track changes and endnote CWYW are unavoidable as a doc student unfortunately
> but i can manage this a lot better i think.
>
> suppose being new to the mac environment i'd like to know if there is an
> alternative when the system hangs to clicking force quit - is there are
> workaround that will free the system up again like 'task manager' on a PC

0
CyberTaz

Changing true and false
How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can enter WON or LOST? "Andrew Gill" wrote... >How do I do a formula where, rather than using TRUE and FALSE, I can >enter WON or LOST? If you mean is there sume way to use WON and LOST as tokens in formulas just like TRUE and FALSE, then define them as names, WON referring to =TRUE and LOST referring to =FALSE. If you mean something else, details would help, like a sample formula. Don't depend on others to be able to read your mind. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. I don't ...

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Linking files 2 ways

find action on log file

File size #11

Maximum file sizes

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

using the journal on outlook

Change position ID in HR

CClientSocket::ConnectSocket() Timeout period
I'm using CClientSocket::ConnectSocket(), and I wonder if and how I could shorten the timeout ??? Thanks, Tom Salicos Depends one who wrote the CClientSocket class (that is not a MFC class!!!) Who is class is it?? AliR. "Tom S. Lee" <tsalicos_AT_drykilns.net> wrote in message news:%23DR2su5tEHA.3984@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm using CClientSocket::ConnectSocket(), and I wonder if and how I could > shorten the timeout ??? > > Thanks, > Tom Salicos > > ...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

How to get to email from Word

Business Portal Development

How to import images from Publisher into Picture Manager?
I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office picture manager. How do I do this? Find the source of those images and save them. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Heatherwithaheadache" <Heatherwithaheadache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1B1DFC9-0639-49BA-8614-A5AC0DDB596D@microsoft.com... >I have images in Publisher that I need to import in to Microsoft office > picture manager. How do I do this? Right-click the picture, save as picture, or copy/paste to a folder. The Picture Manager will search for al...