Word documents minimize out of order

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Great Plains order processing
I am using Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 version 9.00.0310. At our company we have a need to add an additional Sales Order Type ID to our orders. We want to have a different order type associated with Warranty Returns, versus standard Sales orders. Reason behind this is because of the end result of a Crystal report we need to generate during Order fulfillment. Our ultimate goal is to have a commercial invoice generated at time of fulfillment. But the commercial invoice needs to have different results based on the type of order. For instance, a sales order would have a cost associated with th...

Unable to Open received PO (change to "change order")
Great Plains will not allow me to change this Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: Here is the message I get: However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: How can I re-open this Purchase Order so I can change the price??? Thank you. Unfortunately, the pasted messages did not come through. Once a line item is received, you can change its cost only during invoice matching. The process would be to return the item; add a new row with the correct cost; and receive and invoice the new item. Not an elegant solution, for sure. -- Charles Allen, MVP &quo...

How do you import data from one Excel document to another?
Hey everyone, I work at a school and I'm trying to update their attendance reports from hand written to excel, but I'm running into several problems. For one, I need it to be able to calculate how many "Ab"s (absents) there are in the worksheet (for the individual student's attendance page). And THEN, I need to have the sum show up on a completely new document (for the overall attendance report). Is that possible? I've fooled around with data importing and several other things, but I'm just too new at this. If what I'm asking is possible, can anyone he...

Change order of A/R Statements
How can I change the order in which customer statements print out of RMS? I would like to print statements sorted by company name. Currently, the statements print in some random order....I think based on CustomerID. Paul, I agree. I just had a customer tell me the same thing. They need the statements in Alphabetical order. The current order appears to be straight out of the customer table in the order they were entered. It has been posted as a suggestion - vote for it and push it higher on the "list". Claude "Paul Arenson" wrote: > How can I chang...

Convert Publisher document to a .pdf file
I create a multi-page newsletter using Publisher. How does one convert this to a single .pdf file? My first attempts (copy/paste into Acrobat) only produce page 1. Is there a way to capture the whole document which includes photos and clipart so that I can paste it into Acrobat? Thanks, EdC. You don't paste into Acrobat, you print the document to Acrobat. File, print, select the distiller or Adobe PDF, depending on the version of Acrobat. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ed C" <econgleton@snet....

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

TAB Order
Hello, i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it ? or what message is sent to application when TAB is pressed i couldn't get it done with keydown Thanks. Danish. Danish, GetParent()->SetFocus(); will transfer the focus from this window to its parent. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Sahil" <coder@topcoder.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23h0o2TAOEHA.540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it > ? or what message is sent to application when T...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Template for building personal dictionary of foreign words
I am looking for a template on which I could establish a personal dictionary for the Slovak language. The Slovak language is very complicated. All words have several grammatical forms. Many words have mulitiple uses. Best way to decipher the differences is to have ready the definitions and to see the use of the word in actual slovak sentences. So, a two field data base is grossly insufficient. I would like something more comples but not sure how to be innovative using excel creating such a template. Hello! I use Excel 2003. My understanding is that you are creating this dictionar...

Fonts do not print in colur used when document created.
When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher the text is not always printed in the colour selected. This problem seems particular to Red & Blue. can any one help please. Peeter Have you tried some maintenance on your printer? Are you saving as a PDF? This problem has been reported using Microsoft's save as add-in. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76737C66-2B07-42DF-BFC5-828A14CE135F@microsoft.com... > When I create a document in either Word ot Publisher t...

This Document has been removed from Sales Order Processing History #2
Hi, We have imported data from GP Version 7.0 to GP Version 9.0. We did not upgrade it. All the history and all the transactions were imported into verions 9.0. Now I am trying to using Sales Inquiry from Inquiry >> Sales >> Transaction by Customer. Selected a customer, all details appeares including invoices, payments and other documents. But when I try to drill down on one SOP invoice I get above mentioned error. I checked the Sales Order Processing module, I found those documents and tried to drill down on them, it worked fine. But not from Receivable side. I have al...

text disappears when typing into express or word
I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this doesn't happen all the time, only once a day for a few hours. Any ideas? On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:21:33 -0800, va wrote: > I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this...

Slow Sales Order form
Hi all! Several weeks ago, we successfully transferred our database from SQL Server 2000 to 2005. Below are our steps in transferring the database from 2000 to 2005: a) Backuped our SQL Server 2000 database b) Created an empty database in SQL Server 2005 c) Restored our SQL Server 2000 database to the empty SQL Server 2005 database At first, after the transfer, all functions of the application went very slow. Once I performed the update statistics, the speed of all the functions went back to normal except for some. This is what is causing me headaches right now - these functions th...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Locking a publisher document
I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write protect it. On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:45:16 +0000, Megan wrote (in article <58FA818E-4A5B-4988-AF52-7C348750D7CC@microsoft.com>): > I am going to be placing something on a network drive that will be created in > Publisher, I would like to lock it so that it can not be edited by others who > will be viewing it. Is this possable. I do not want to read write...

receiving attachments as notepad documents
I am using Outlook 97. All incoming mail is received as a notepad attachment. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? ...

I cannot open other Publisher documents sent to me. Why not?
When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any suggestions? I assume you have Publisher. Which version? Which version were the files created in? What specifically is the problem? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "rafe" <rafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26762730-9244-4183-9A9A-D051D53F7C12@microsoft.com... > When someone sends me a file of a Publisher docmant I cannot open it. Any > suggestions? JoAnn Paules wrote: > I assume you have Publisher. JoAnn, JoAnn, JoAnn... What have I told you about assum...

Convert Excel document received. I do not have Excel
I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel If just need to view the contents of the Excel spreadsheet, and you don't need to edit the spreadsheet, you can download and install a free Microsoft Excel viewer from http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=273711. "Mutchie" wrote: > I cannot open Excel spreadsheet sent to me as I do not have Excel Also, how about ... www.openoffice.org (note: no vba) or a new upcoming app.. http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnumeric -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefy...

"data in your envelope has been lost but your document is still available"
Hi everyone. I've searched the archives and found a number of messages abotu the problem my friend is having, but I can't find that anyone has offered even a hint of an idea as to what is causing "fatal error" messages in Outlook which say "data in your envelope has been lost but your document is still available". What on earth6 does this actually mean? Some people seem to hint it may be to do with using Word as the email editor - please can anyone offer useful ideas? My friend is a widow in her 60's struggling to manage the computer that used to work fi...

XML Document #2
I have a list of products in an xml file I want to modify the document by adding, removing and editing items. I'm developing on the Compact Framework and as a result memory is an issue. I don't really want to build a DOM of the XML using XML Document, since it is not really needed and it wastes memory. Can I use another technique ? Jonathan Taylor wrote: > I have a list of products in an xml file I want to modify the document by > adding, removing and editing items. > > I'm developing on the Compact Framework and as a result memory is an issue. > > I d...

Excel 2007, can't edit 2003 document
When I open the excel 2003 document in 2007 we cannot edit nor view any formulas in the formula bar, plus the ribbon is greyed out. The workbook is not protected with read only. What is going on? bermy;699744 Wrote: > When I open the excel 2003 document in 2007 we cannot edit nor view any > formulas in the formula bar, plus the ribbon is greyed out. The workbook is > not protected with read only. What is going on? Is the workbook protected inside excel? -- Dianne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dianne's Profi...

Sort order views
Is it anyhow possible to change the standard field searchbox in views ? For standard search it's a bit annoying having to go in advanced search ! Jack No you cannot do this unless you want to attempt to dig into the sourcecode etc. So the answer is not in standard CRM. I have not heard of anyone making this change. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Jack Nielsen" <no_spam jack.nielsen@get2net.dk> wrote in message news:eo9$w0htEHA.1720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is it anyhow possible to...

copy data for match word from one file to another file
I need help to merge two files. Any help or macro will be highly appreciated. I have two files. file A and file B. Need to update FILE A from File B. Each file has hundred of rows and about 50 column. If any word or phrase under column "Part" file A matches with any word under column "Part" file b, then copy all the data of matching COLUMN "PART" and corresponding column "NAME" from file B to matching COLUMN "PART" AND corresponding column "NAME" FILE A. See example File A NAME ...