Word crashes printing some docs

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks.
0
doctorgeek

The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only
Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer
driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 'some programs'
print without causing a crash. Verify 12.2.3 for Office & 10.5.8 for OS X,
and check the mfr's web site for an updated driver.

Another consideration is Fonts. Run Apple's Font Book app to Resolve
Duplicates & Validate Fonts. It may also help to restart your Mac in order
to clear the font caches, or they may need to be deleted manually.

It's also quite possible that the document, itself, is corrupt. It isn't a
matter of how long or complex the document is. It's mostly a matter of how
the document has been handled during its life span. You might try Procedure
#2 on this web page to create a new copy of the file & see if that resolves
problem. If Track Changes has been used in the document make sure to turn
the feature OFF & resolve the changes before using the procedure;

http://word.mvps.org/Mac/DocumentCorruption.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/1/10 3:38 AM, in article 59bb2032.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"doctorgeek@officeformac.com" <doctorgeek@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just
> this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created
> in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just
> text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any
> suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks.

0
CyberTaz