Word 2008 visual display is outdated.

Version: 2008
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

I bought this mac last year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up, like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer, which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different way to navigate through. I am not sure if maybe I changed the settings to look that way, or if the guy at the mac store asked me and I just didnt know what he was talking about so he switched it? Please help, this "old" view is frustrating me!!!!!
0
mjburton
5/7/2010 3:01:24 AM
mac.office.word 1676 articles. 1 followers. Follow

6 Replies
942 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 32

Sorry, but I haven't the foggiest idea what you are talking about. 
Since you are referring to how it looks, perhaps the best idea is to 
either go bak to the guy in the mac store, get guidance from a friend 
who knows more about Microsoft Word, or (best, I think) buy yourself a 
good book about Word and/or Office on the Mac and learn from there.


--rms

www.rmschneider.com




On 07/05/10 04:01, mjburton@officeformac.com wrote:
> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this
> mac last year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor
> it has, but it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and
> everything has been fine with it - absolutely no problems. However, I
> noticed that my visual set up, like what it actually looks like when it
> is opened, looks like the old version. The new version - which I've used
> at home and on my home computer, which I used the exact SAME microsoft
> package for - is not on my mac. The one with the brighter colors and the
> new tabs and different way to navigate through. I am not sure if maybe I
> changed the settings to look that way, or if the guy at the mac store
> asked me and I just didnt know what he was talking about so he switched
> it? Please help, this "old" view is frustrating me!!!!!
0
Rob
5/7/2010 7:45:05 AM
Fundamental question: Is the 'home system' a Mac or is it actually a Windows
PC? If it's a PC running Office 2007 (or 2010) that would explain what you
seem to be describing. The newer PC versions use the "Ribbon" User
Interface, but Mac Office 2008 does not. It still uses the more traditional
UI. The next release of Mac Office [2011] will use a similar Ribbon.

If both systems are, in fact, Macs you'll need to help us out here... What
type of microprocessor or even what type of Mac makes no difference
whatsoever. What we need in order to help clarify is the exact version &
update level of Office on each of the 2 installations.

On each system launch Word, then go to Word> About Word, make a note of the
Version information, then reply back with your findings. It may also be
useful to know which version of OS X is being used on each of the 2 Macs,
but that really shouldn't make any difference as long as each are fully
updated. It would also help if you'd provide a more exact & specific
description of what you are perceiving the 'differences' to be.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 5/6/10 11:01 PM, in article 59bb8186.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mjburton@officeformac.com" <mjburton@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac last
> year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but
> it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine
> with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up,
> like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old
> version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer,
> which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one
> with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different way to navigate
> through. I am not sure if maybe I changed the settings to look that way, or if
> the guy at the mac store asked me and I just didnt know what he was talking
> about so he switched it? Please help, this "old" view is frustrating me!!!!!

0
CyberTaz
5/7/2010 10:29:23 AM
My home system is Mac. The type of Word I have is Word Processor 2008 for Mac, version 12.2.4(100205) and the latest update is 12.2.4. The version of OS X I am using is 10.5.8 (9L31a), and yes they are fully updated, I update check every week.  <br><br>The main differences are the way the entire Word application looks. <a href="http://myskitch.com/numberz/word_default-20071014-103026.jpg">http://myskitch.com/numberz/word_default-20071014-103026.jpg</a> <br>
this is the way it looks on my computer. Now, on all other computers, such as the ones in my University's library, all come up looking like this <a href="http://ad3000.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/word-2007-line-spacing.JPG">http://ad3000.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/word-2007-line-spacing.JPG</a> <br><br>This was my main, and actually, only concern. Thanks for all your help so far, and thanks in advance for anything else you can help me with. <br><br>> Fundamental question: Is the 'home system' a Mac or is it actually a Windows <br>
> PC? If it's a PC running Office 2007 (or 2010) that would explain what you <br>
> seem to be describing. The newer PC versions use the &quot;Ribbon&quot; User <br>
> Interface, but Mac Office 2008 does not. It still uses the more traditional <br>
> UI. The next release of Mac Office [2011] will use a similar Ribbon. <br>
>  <br>
> If both systems are, in fact, Macs you'll need to help us out here... What <br>
> type of microprocessor or even what type of Mac makes no difference <br>
> whatsoever. What we need in order to help clarify is the exact version &amp; <br>
> update level of Office on each of the 2 installations. <br>
>  <br>
> On each system launch Word, then go to Word> About Word, make a note of the <br>
> Version information, then reply back with your findings. It may also be <br>
> useful to know which version of OS X is being used on each of the 2 Macs, <br>
> but that really shouldn't make any difference as long as each are fully <br>
> updated. It would also help if you'd provide a more exact &amp; specific <br>
> description of what you are perceiving the 'differences' to be. <br>
>  <br>
> Regards |:>) <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
>  <br>
>  <br>
>  <br>
> On 5/6/10 11:01 PM, in article 59bb8186.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;mjburton@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
>  <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac last <br>
> > year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but <br>
> > it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine <br>
> > with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up, <br>
> > like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old <br>
> > version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer, <br>
> > which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The one <br>
> > with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different way to navigate <br>
> > through. I am not sure if maybe I changed the settings to look that way, or if <br>
> > the guy at the mac store asked me and I just didnt know what he was talking <br>
> > about so he switched it? Please help, this &quot;old&quot; view is frustrating me!!!!! <br>
>  <br>
>
0
mjburton
5/10/2010 11:20:13 PM
The first is the Mac Operating system. The second your using Widows. yes they will be different. I your machine use Intel Processor then you can use a Program like Boot Camp or Parallels to run a version of windows 7 and then you could use a copy or Office 2007 or 2010.
0
pjonesCET
5/11/2010 12:03:28 AM
Then that's exactly what I suspected... The "University" systems are Windows
PCs - not Macs - running Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones 
[MVP] Office:Mac



On 5/10/10 7:20 PM, in article 59bb8186.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mjburton@officeformac.com" <mjburton@officeformac.com> wrote:

> My home system is Mac. The type of Word I have is Word Processor 2008 for Mac,
> version 12.2.4(100205) and the latest update is 12.2.4. The version of OS X I
> am using is 10.5.8 (9L31a), and yes they are fully updated, I update check
> every week.  
> 
> The main differences are the way the entire Word application looks.
> http://myskitch.com/numberz/word_default-20071014-103026.jpg
> this is the way it looks on my computer. Now, on all other computers, such as
> the ones in my University's library, all come up looking like this
> http://ad3000.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/word-2007-line-spacing.JPG
> 
> This was my main, and actually, only concern. Thanks for all your help so far,
> and thanks in advance for anything else you can help me with.
> 
>> Fundamental question: Is the 'home system' a Mac or is it actually a Windows
>> PC? If it's a PC running Office 2007 (or 2010) that would explain what you
>> seem to be describing. The newer PC versions use the "Ribbon" User
>> Interface, but Mac Office 2008 does not. It still uses the more traditional
>> UI. The next release of Mac Office [2011] will use a similar Ribbon.
>>  
>> If both systems are, in fact, Macs you'll need to help us out here... What
>> type of microprocessor or even what type of Mac makes no difference
>> whatsoever. What we need in order to help clarify is the exact version &
>> update level of Office on each of the 2 installations.
>>  
>> On each system launch Word, then go to Word> About Word, make a note of the
>> Version information, then reply back with your findings. It may also be
>> useful to know which version of OS X is being used on each of the 2 Macs,
>> but that really shouldn't make any difference as long as each are fully
>> updated. It would also help if you'd provide a more exact & specific
>> description of what you are perceiving the 'differences' to be.
>>  
>> Regards |:>) 
>> Bob Jones  
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>  
>>  
>>  
>> On 5/6/10 11:01 PM, in article 59bb8186.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "mjburton@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>  
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac
>>> last 
>>> year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but
>>> it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine
>>> with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up,
>>> like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old
>>> version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer,
>>> which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The
>>> one 
>>> with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different way to navigate
>>> through. I am not sure if maybe I changed the settings to look that way, or
>>> if 
>>> the guy at the mac store asked me and I just didnt know what he was talking
>>> about so he switched it? Please help, this "old" view is frustrating me!!!!!
>>  
>> 

0
CyberTaz
5/11/2010 11:12:02 AM
I think you may have been misled.  Microsoft Word 2008 for the Mac is not
the same application as Microsoft Word 2007 for the PC.

Word 2007 is two levels ahead of Word 2008 for Mac.  They are almost
unrelated: there is no common code between them.

You should also be aware that with modern computer applications, the
Operating System is the thing that actually creates the user interface (the
bit that you see...).

Since the user interface in Mac OS 10 is drawn by Apple OS X Unix, it looks
dramatically different from Microsoft Windows 7.

Even if you were running the same application on each system, they would
look dramatically different.  But in this case, you are not.

Hope this helps


On 11/05/10 9:20 AM, in article 59bb8186.2@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"mjburton@officeformac.com" <mjburton@officeformac.com> wrote:

> My home system is Mac. The type of Word I have is Word Processor 2008 for Mac,
> version 12.2.4(100205) and the latest update is 12.2.4. The version of OS X I
> am using is 10.5.8 (9L31a), and yes they are fully updated, I update check
> every week.  
> 
> The main differences are the way the entire Word application looks.
> http://myskitch.com/numberz/word_default-20071014-103026.jpg
> this is the way it looks on my computer. Now, on all other computers, such as
> the ones in my University's library, all come up looking like this
> http://ad3000.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/word-2007-line-spacing.JPG
> 
> This was my main, and actually, only concern. Thanks for all your help so far,
> and thanks in advance for anything else you can help me with.
> 
>> Fundamental question: Is the 'home system' a Mac or is it actually a Windows
>> PC? If it's a PC running Office 2007 (or 2010) that would explain what you
>> seem to be describing. The newer PC versions use the "Ribbon" User
>> Interface, but Mac Office 2008 does not. It still uses the more traditional
>> UI. The next release of Mac Office [2011] will use a similar Ribbon.
>>  
>> If both systems are, in fact, Macs you'll need to help us out here... What
>> type of microprocessor or even what type of Mac makes no difference
>> whatsoever. What we need in order to help clarify is the exact version &
>> update level of Office on each of the 2 installations.
>>  
>> On each system launch Word, then go to Word> About Word, make a note of the
>> Version information, then reply back with your findings. It may also be
>> useful to know which version of OS X is being used on each of the 2 Macs,
>> but that really shouldn't make any difference as long as each are fully
>> updated. It would also help if you'd provide a more exact & specific
>> description of what you are perceiving the 'differences' to be.
>>  
>> Regards |:>) 
>> Bob Jones  
>> [MVP] Office:Mac
>>  
>>  
>>  
>> On 5/6/10 11:01 PM, in article 59bb8186.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
>> "mjburton@officeformac.com"  wrote:
>>  
>>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I bought this mac
>>> last 
>>> year in august for college. Im not sure what kind of processor it has, but
>>> it's the macbook pro. We got the new microsoft, and everything has been fine
>>> with it - absolutely no problems. However, I noticed that my visual set up,
>>> like what it actually looks like when it is opened, looks like the old
>>> version. The new version - which I've used at home and on my home computer,
>>> which I used the exact SAME microsoft package for - is not on my mac. The
>>> one 
>>> with the brighter colors and the new tabs and different way to navigate
>>> through. I am not sure if maybe I changed the settings to look that way, or
>>> if 
>>> the guy at the mac store asked me and I just didnt know what he was talking
>>> about so he switched it? Please help, this "old" view is frustrating me!!!!!
>>  
>> 

 --

The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name


0
John_McGhie_
5/11/2010 11:27:45 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

Is there a list of characters that Word considers equivalent on Fi
Word's Find will find "equivalent" characters. For example, a find for straight quotes will also find curly quotes, and a find for a space will also find a non-breaking space. Where can I find a list of the characters that Word considers equivalent in this sense? Thanks. ...

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created a Resume and a cover letter in Microsoft Word on a Mac to be uploaded to the Institute ORACLE recruitment system. <br><br>When I checked how it looked, the format, the bullets and formating were blown apart! I was told to convert the documents to PC format. <br><br>I don't know how to do this. I got some guidance to make them PDF files, but the formating still goes haywire! How do I do the conversion on my Mac? Hi Meg: The most important thing to do is DO NOT TEL...

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

spell check does not visually cycle through cells when run from macro?
I'm trying to recreate the same behavior in a macro that spellcheck has when the spellcheck button is pressed. The spellcheck does not cycle through the cells visually when run from a macro, so when there is a misspelled word, you cannot see the cell it is a part of. If anyone knows how I can get this behavior to work, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I did a record new macro, and got code similar to the following: Sub testSpelling() Range("F2:F500").Select Selection.CheckSpelling SpellLang:=1033 End Sub thanks, dan Dan, Add the fiollowing to your code as shown: ...

Entourage 2008 DAILY calendar crashes once I hit the print button
Every time I attempt to print my DAILY calendar it crashes. The weekly calendar prints okay. I've run Repair Permissions and restarted Entourage again and again. Below is the Error Report I receive whenever I try to print daily calendar: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2010-03-14 14:12:44 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Entourage Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Entourage Application Signature: OPIM Application Version: 12.2.4.100205 Crashed Module Name: Microsoft Entourage Crashed Module Version: 12...

Word to Excel conversion
As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? Hi how do you store your data currently?. If it is in a Word Table you may simply copy+paste thiese contents to Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany vkumar2000@hotmail.com wrote: > As we are able to mail merge from the Excel data, is it > possible to convert MS Word labels into Excel Data? ...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Dialog displayed
Hi I'm creating a dialog and calling it with domodal(). Is there a message handler or something insode my dialogclass that is called after the dialog is displayed? Thanks Urban Yes & No. Take a look at the OnInitDialog() message handler. OnInitDialog() gets called before the dialog is displayed. However you can post a user-defined message to yourself from the OnInitDialog() handler, and handle things that you want to do after the dialog is displayed. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Urban Stadler" <mail@ustadler....

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

Amount in words to be printed on the invoice
Hi Mates, I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 Any suggestions Thanks this is available through Microsoft. check out the following site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms_reportslibrary.htm "RK" wrote: > Hi Mates, > > I need to print the invoice amount in words in MRMS 2.0 > > Any suggestions > > Thanks ...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...

Excel object within Word doc
I am sure I am doing something in error ... but all I want to do is take a spreadsheet and embed it in my word doc. I click on 'Insert', then 'Object', choose 'Excel 97-2003', 'Display as Icon', copy data into spreadsheet, 'save', 'close and return' ... However, when I go to view it at a later time - the spreadsheet does not open and I end up in the picture editing part of Word. ...

document elements (et. al.) toolbar in Word 2008
I may be in the minority here, but I happen to love the Ribbon UI on the PC version. It can collapse down to nothing when needed, and expand out (and even be customized I hear in 2010). That's on the PC. On the Mac I want a Mac-like UI. The Document Elements bar is so out to planet Jupiter on both functionality and as an accelerator into functions writers need most that it's laughable it made it into a release. (I'd much rather have a Mac ribbon that the Document Elements toolbar since at least the ribbon exposes USEFUL functions.) I mean, really =97 how many UPS or Del Mon...

Visual Studio 2008 crashes on C# unhandled exception
I just got a new box running Windows 7 64 bit Home premium. And I've installed VS 2008 with the feature pack and service pack. When I was making so changes to an existing C# forms application, I managed to generate an unhandled exception for a system argument. This totally locked up Visual Studio - I got the dialog asking me to debug or continue and then total freeze. I had to kill VS with the task manager. I can't reproduce this on a Vista 32 bit system or an XP 32 bit system. Any suggestions welcome! Thanks.... Mike MP wrote: > I just got a new box runn...

Setup Outlook Anywhere in Entourage 2008 WSE
One of my user got Entourage 2008 WSE and would like to setup Outlook Anywhere on it. It works fine once he get a VPN connection but it doesn't work without VPN connection. Does anyone know how to setup Outlook Anywhere in Entourage 2008 WSE? Please advise me how I can setup Entourage 2008 WSE. Thanks in advance. On 1/24/10 1:35 PM, Cheongseo wrote: > One of my user got Entourage 2008 WSE and would like to setup Outlook > Anywhere on it. > It works fine once he get a VPN connection but it doesn't work without VPN > connection. > Does anyone know how ...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Dlookup turn -1 or 0 into a word
I have a message box that displays if a product is 'Stocked' or 'Not STocked' but in the databse its stored as -1 or 0 I use the follwoing code DLookup("StockedItem", "tblProduct", "ProductID=" & Me.ProductID) So in the message box at the moment it says -1 or 0, how do i code it to says 'stocked' if -1 and 'Not STocked' if 0 Thanks Assuming ever field has a value: If Stocked = -1 Then MsgBox "Stocked", vbOKOnly Else MsgBox "Not Stocked", vbOKOnly End If -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MV...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

How do I get a chart to display backwards/forwards?
I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't display backwards. The nearest day displays on the left side of the chart, not the right. How do I change that? Double click on the axis, select the scale tab, and check "Values in reverse order" Jerry Will wrote: > I have stock data. Row 35 is the nearest day. Row 36 is the next day, etc. > When I chart the data using a 2 axes chart (custom), the chart doesn't > display backwards. The nearest day displays on the ...

Display various currencies in Account listings
Anyone have a solution that makes sense, I would liek to simply list the correct currencies according to the Accounts. Example: I use a Foriegn Bank, the local currency is Euros, I also use my Home Bank which uses Dollars. When I do a listing of the Accounts, I get a display of all amounts in Dollars or Euros and would like to see both. Working abroad! therefore; it would be nice to acutally see what is what. Or should I see Microsoft as on a one track mine set, that it only happens in America! if you have any supportive info please let me know. Thanks in advance ...

Microsoft support for MFC42 and Visual C++
Has Microsoft made any announcements on whether it intends to limit or stop support of MFC42 and Visual C++ 6.0 ? Thank so much. rgs424 wrote: > Has Microsoft made any announcements on whether it intends to limit or stop > support of MFC42 and Visual C++ 6.0 ? Thank so much. rgs424: VC6 itself is no longer supported, and I would be very surprised if there will be any updates of its MFC DLL's. However, VC6 apps will continue to run fine, even on Vista. The main problems for VC6 are 1. The outdated compiler and C++ standard library. 2. The fact that it cannot be used with P...

How to transfer AutoCorrect entries from Word 2002 for Windows
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I have a friend who has built up a *massive* AutoCorrect file from many years of using Word 2002 on a Windows PC. Most are plain text, but a small number are formatted. He now (thankfully!) has a MacBook with Office 2004 and wants to know how he can move all of his AutoCorrect entries across to work under Word for Mac. I know where the AutoCorrect file is stored on his Mac (in the ~/Library/Preferences/Microsoft folder), but it appears to be a completely different format to the corresponding file from his PC. &...

Excel Data to Word Mailing Labels
Has anyone ever done this? I've tried several ways to do this that seem like they should work and they don't. I've been sent several multi-hundred lined worksheets that include mailing label information, and I really don't want to have to type it again by hand into Word. Linda, Tell how your data in the table is laid out. Give a couple of rows of examples. Include the headings. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Linda" <ldaugherty@tams.com> wrote in message news:0f4901c37bea$c87a5...

How to insert Handout PPT into a Word file
I need to insert the handout (6 slides to a page) into my word document. There does not seem to be that type option in Vista. Does anyone have a handle on the solution. I think we could do this in EX. Thanks, Criss Juliard In article <5E568C18-F5C7-4D6F-859E-AB89E5BB67B1@microsoft.com>, Vetiver Criss wrote: > I need to insert the handout (6 slides to a page) into my word document. > There does not seem to be that type option in Vista. Does anyone have a > handle on the solution. I think we could do this in EX. PPT creates handouts "on the fly" as it s...