Will Excel 2004 run on SnowLeopard OS X 10.6?

Processor: Intel

I'm a SW developer who uses a lot of VBA  for Excel programing, for automaation and macros. Besides that, my customers use the spreadsheets I develop in Office for PC's. I know Office 2008 has no VBA for Excel, but I really need it. Can I install Office 2004 in my computer and will it run under Snow Leopard, so that I can keep on using VBA with Excel?
0
Spiff

Yes -- But do a fresh install. Don't try to 'migrate' Office from an earlier
version of the OS if you're upgrading to 10.6 & you will have to use the OS
X Snow Leopard option to include Rosetta. Info here may be helpful:

http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/2009/09/before_you_install_snow_leopard.html

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/10/10 11:38 PM, in article 59bb6c9b.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Spiff@officeformac.com" <Spiff@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm a SW
> developer who uses a lot of VBA  for Excel programing, for automaation and
> macros. Besides that, my customers use the spreadsheets I develop in Office
> for PC's. I know Office 2008 has no VBA for Excel, but I really need it. Can I
> install Office 2004 in my computer and will it run under Snow Leopard, so that
> I can keep on using VBA with Excel?

0
CyberTaz
4/11/2010 11:48:54 AM
Thanks a lot, CyberTaz. Actually, I just bought the MacBook with SnowLeopard, and have Office 2004 in its original installation CD, so I will do a fresh install. <br><br>Once again, Thank you very much.
0
Spiff