Where is information/definition of Menu items in Word 2008?

I can't remember in Word vX but in Word 5.1a there was a definition for
each preference and menu item.

Specifically, I'm trying to find out:

View/Markup: what Markup does, what selects/deselects it to save setting
in template.

and

File/Properties:
is this information "managed" by most users? by pro users?
and is this a source document for other data fields (change it here and
it will change _____ )

Thanks.

--
Norm
0

IF/THEN/ELSE adds a blank line in mail merge WORD 2007
Hello, I need to merge some mailings based on if the first name is not the same as nickname, print nickname else don't print anything and go to the next field. The code I have is: {IF {MERGEFIELD fName} <> {MERGEFIELD nName} {MERGEFIELD nName} ""} What is happening is if the first name and nickname are the same a blank line appears. How do I supress the blank line? Make the line break part of your TrueText (note that you don't have to include FalseText if it's "nothing"). So you'll have: {I F { MERGEFIELD fName } <> { MERGEFI...

Go To
In Excel, you can name ranges of cells and use Edit --> Go To to go directly to those ranges. However, after you've gone to Go To once and you go back to it, there are often random cells referenced there (with $ signs indicating an absolute reference). Does anyone know why this happens or whether there's any rhyme or reason to the cells that are displayed? The cell reference on the top is the last address that you have gone to. For example, if you are in cell A2 and go to cell C8. $c$2 will show on the tope of the list. When you jump from C8 to another location, $c$8 will s...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

Historical customer item numbers?
I posted this an hour ago, but it disappeared(!).... We have customers that change their SKU numbers frequently. So, physical item #A might have SKU #1 today, but SKU #2 next month. We need to show the correct SKU on our invoices to them. We were going to use the Sales Item Cross Reference table (SOP60300), but we realized this is a "live" value - that is, if we reprint an invoice it will show the latest SKU number, not necessarily the one that was originally invoiced. Does anyone know how we could deal with this? Does version 10 have any new fields in the SOP Order line tab...

Error Installing CRM on Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008?
Anyone have any answers on this for me? I have seen a few posts which relate to SQL Server 2003 but not 2008? Here is the error I am receiving. --- Setup failed to validate specified Reporting Services Report Server http://SERVER2008/CRMReportServer. Error: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=3Dutf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with the error message: -- <HTML dir=3D"ltr"> <HEAD><meta name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"Microsoft SharePoint" /><meta name=3D"progid" content=3D"...

Buy Word 2003
Recently, when we bought new computers, we bought Office 2007 thinking if both our computers had the same software we could work more efficiently. Unfortunately, the new version looks and works completely different than what we had before (one computer had Word 97 and the other had Word 2003). Sadly, while I am sure someone much smarter than us decided this was better for customers, we simply don't have time to learn how to use our software all over again. Hence, does anyone know if there any way we get Office 2003 in exchange for this new version, or have we simply wasted...

Excel Not Printing... Word does
Hello All, I have a computer that will not print excel documents at all. It will print Word Documents, as well as other programs, but when I print from excel, it doesn't even make it into the printer Queue. I am trying to print to a networked HP Laserjet 4100 TN. That printer is attached to a Win2k server through its IP address. Let me know if anyone knows of any issues with sharing a printer using the IP address to connect it to the host computer. Any Ideas will be helpful! :) Thanks, Seth R. In the absence of other replies .......... Presumably you have set Excel to recogni...

Am I able to link excel info with word and have it change when i c
this goes with my other question and problem i need help to do this. i have word and excel 2003 Your question is not clear. Please put the entire question in the body of the message. "Dawn" wrote: > this goes with my other question and problem i need help to do this. i have > word and excel 2003 ...

Directly link item engineering data rev level to PO entry/update
Common industry standard is to note the revision level of the item ordered on the PO... this is required for ISO. There is no direct table link from item engineering data to the PO Entry/update regarding item's current revision level. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Manufacturing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

BUG? HQ Items Reports returning duplicate items
The HQ Items Master Quantity List and Items Master Price List reports are returning incorrect results. If an item is included in an assembly, that item is listed twice. If an item is included in seven assemblies, that item is listed eight times. I presume that the report is listing the item once and then repeating the entry for each assembly the item is part of. Each entry counts the full inventory, so your totals for cost, etc. are way off. Ideally, assembly items would not appear at all in either of these reports. At worst, a line item for the assembly ILC might appear but with a...

Dashed line between words
I am creating a menu. I am sure there is a way automatically draw a dashed line between words, and line up straight. For example: Coke $1.95 Milk $1.25 I want a dashed line in between. I would hate to insert dots and spaces. Could anybody help me on this?? "LuvToLearn" <LuvToLearn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96CD8F53-D19B-4523-9B7E-0D884A7E8FA5@microsoft.com... >I am creating a menu. I am sure there is a way automatically draw a dashed > line between words, and line up straight. > For...

Cannot add sound or video any more to Outlook E-mail (Word Mail) message!
Using Windows XP Pro and Office 2003. Recently updated both to their newest service packs. (including xpsp2). Word (2003) is set as my e-mail editor for Outlook 2003. Before I could add video, audio, or marquee text to an Outlook E-mail message by clicking on the appropriate icon on the "Web Tools" toolbar. Now when I click on one of those icons, I get an error message like the following: ---------------------- The object was created in HTMLInlineVideoCtl. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure the application is properly installed, and that it has ...

Word 2008- Save and name with applescript
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a .dot template file that I use daily. I don't have a problem with the rest of the script but i'd like to replace two dialog boxes with text that i've already entered in fields DName and DOB, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to reference or pull the text out of these two text fields in a word 2008 document. Essentially the first two text form fields in the document contain the name and date of birth and i want to turn that into the file name. <br><br>i.e. what i've ...

Find criteria and change offset information
I am a beginner at writing my own VBA code. I have roster of names and associated information. What I would like my code to do is, find a certain value in column V and replace information in column AG & column AJ in the same row. Here is what I have so far... Range("V1").Select Do While Activecell <> "" Do While Activecell = "X" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 11) = "XYZ" ActiveCell.Offset(0, 14) = "XYZ" ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Loop Loop End Sub It seems right to me but doesn't work any suggesti...

write items in a list box
I wrote a code in VC to write items in a list box .But the code was not working.. I cannot type anything to the listbox.... What is the pblem???? void ClistboxegDlg::OnBnClickedButton2() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here UpdateData(); CString strText; strText = lb1; UpdateData(FALSE); lbc1.AddString(strText); //This is where the actual data is added } Hi Meenu, what is your problem? Is it, that you cannot write data from your program into the listbox or ist it, that when the listbox is shown, you cannot *type* data with the keyboard ...

Your sign-in information doesn't match the bank's records
Money is having difficulty connecting to my bank (First Internet Bank of Indiana) to direct download my transactions. This was working until about a month ago, but then suddenly stopped. I am running Money Plus Delux 17.0.120.1415 on XP. My other accounts (AmEx, brokerage accounts, etc. work properly). I have tried following the steps: 1) support message http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905695/en-us 2) uninstalling zone alarm 3) uninstalling microsoft updates for the past 2 months 4) booting in safe mode with networking 5) having my bank delete my online account, and reestablishing but ...

Auto number items
I am looking to put a number in a all of the different types of boxes on my diagram. I have been creating a text box with a number and dragging it to the box. I was in hopes that there might be an automated process. Thanks Chip Asmus Have you tried Tools/Addons/Visio Extras/Number Shapes... "Chip Asmus" <Chip@lawlershallmark.com> wrote in message news:eaZ0rwfYHHA.1244@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am looking to put a number in a all of the different types of boxes on my >diagram. I have been creating a text box with a number and dragging it to >the box. I ...

Restricting Inventory Item Adds
I would like to restrict access to the ADD item under the Options drop down in Sales Transaction Entry window to just a select few. What is the best way to accomplish this? I thought I read some place that there existed a chunk file that could be installed per computer that would restrict inventory items from being added. Is anyone familiar with that? You should be able to accomplish that using field level security. If so, then you can restrict it by user rather than by computer. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com How about simply restricting acc...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

On-Sale Items report
Does anyone have a report that will show me all products that are on sale? I would like one that would shows me items on sale, when the sale expires, gross markup for the sale, and # of sold on sale. If anyone could write that for me I would be willing to pay I'm not schooled enough to do it. If not I would settle for one that just shows me active sale items. You can get most of this information except for # of sold on sale by filtering the Item Value List Report for Sale Start Date is less than or equal to today period and the Sale End Date is equal or greater than today. &quo...

Items won't delete
Hi, I'm tell Outlook to delete the e-mail that I have read, but the e-mail will not go away. Am I missing a command somewhere? Thanks for your time! Help Please <lmann3@aol.com> wrote: > I'm tell Outlook to delete the e-mail that I have read, > but the e-mail will not go away. What happens when you try? Do you get any notices? What version of Outlook? What type of account? -- Brian Tillman ...

Invalid Item ID 04-07-04

Inserting picture without loss of information
I'm attempting to insert some cropped sections of very high resolution (3000x2000) bitmaps into Excel. The problem is when I insert the cropped images there is some processing done on the image before it is displayed. This processing blurs some of the pixels. I really need the image to retain the pixel information. Is this at all possible? Chris, I've found, though not worked extensively with it, that small pictures will be inserted in actual size. That means if Excel is set to 100% zoom, they'll be rendered pixel-for-pixel on the screen, if the zoom is set to 100%. Large p...

Red "O" next to Component Item on Assembly Entry
We are having an issue where we post an Assmebly and it shows updated qty for the FG and the components, but the Assembly Entry remains. The odd thing about it is that one of the components now had a red 'O' at the far right of the component item field. I can't find any info on this 'O', though. So, my guess is this posting issue (which has happened on two assmeblies in the last two days) is somehow related to this 'O' character. Also, when we posted the trx again (when it happened the first time) the assembly entry went away, btu everything posted again. ...