When choosing default file location get error "the folder is not valid"

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I am trying to specify a networked drive as the default file location for my Word documents.  I can open files from the drive within Word, and I'm connected to the server/network drive.  But when I try to specify it as the default location I receive this error.
0
Le_Big_Mac

That's amazing:  Your post has already been copied to six websites that are
stealing our content :-)

I do not know the answer for sure, but I "think" there is a hard-coded check
in there that specifies that a network drive cannot be used as the default
file save location unless the user's Home Drive is a network location.

I could be wrong: there's no documentation on this that I can find.

Cheers

On 10/12/09 9:56 AM, in article 59bae911.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Le_Big_Mac@officeformac.com" <Le_Big_Mac@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am
> trying to specify a networked drive as the default file location for my Word
> documents.  I can open files from the drive within Word, and I'm connected to
> the server/network drive.  But when I try to specify it as the default
> location I receive this error.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
12/10/2009 8:24:17 AM
This also happens when you try to select a partition. Try selecting the file type (Documents) then click Modify, then when the "Choose a Folder" dialogue pops up, instead of clicking the sidebar or using the top navigation, press Shift-Apple-G to bring up the "Go to folder" dialogue with a blank line. Now, manually type the full path to the place you want to set as default and it should work. (Example: "/Volumes/MyFunPartition/" or "/Volumes/MyNetworkDrive$/Murgle") Case, space, and slash sensitive.

Le_Big_Ma wrote:

When choosing default file location get error"the folder is not valid"
09-Dec-09

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I am trying to specify a networked drive as the default file location for my Word documents.  I can open files from the drive within Word, and I am connected to the server/network drive.  But when I try to specify it as the default location I receive this error.

On Wednesday, December 09, 2009 5:56 PM
Le_Big_Ma wrote:

When choosing default file location get error"the folder is not valid"
Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

I am trying to specify a networked drive as the default file location for my Word documents.  I can open files from the drive within Word, and I am connected to the server/network drive.  But when I try to specify it as the default location I receive this error.

On Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:24 AM
John McGhie wrote:

That's amazing:  Your post has already been copied to six websites that
That's amazing:  Your post has already been copied to six websites that are
stealing our content :-)

I do not know the answer for sure, but I "think" there is a hard-coded check
in there that specifies that a network drive cannot be used as the default
file save location unless the user's Home Drive is a network location.

I could be wrong: there is no documentation on this that I can find.

Cheers

On 10/12/09 9:56 AM, in article 59bae911.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410
+61 4 1209 1410, mailto:john@mcghie.name

BizTalk Custom Pipeline for Splitting Messages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/a0786aaf-c159-40ff-9cf6-241d5e325f42/biztalk-custom-pipeline-f.aspx
0
no

When choosing default file location get error "the folder is not valid"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to specify a networked drive as the default file location for my Word documents. I can open files from the drive within Word, and I'm connected to the server/network drive. But when I try to specify it as the default location I receive this error. That's amazing: Your post has already been copied to six websites that are stealing our content :-) I do not know the answer for sure, but I "think" there is a hard-coded check in there that specifies that a network drive cannot be us...