view options in "draf" + "zoom" button under "view"

Version: 2008

When I'm writing in the &quot;draft&quot; view option, then the text is totally at the left. There is a lot of space on the right of my screen that is not being used. I can fill that space if I zoom in &quot;250&quot;, but that's too much for me. Instead I would like to have the same size of my letters as in let's say 150%, but I'd like the text to spread over the entire bredth of my screen! Is that possible??? Otherwise it really becomes too tiring for me to keep on working on these long texts all day. <br><br>Secondly, is there a way within the tool box to change the view options. Somehow under &quot;view&quot; I again don't have a &quot;zoom&quot; button!!!! Help, how can I get my &quot;view&quot; option under &quot;view&quot; back??? And why do buttons keep on disappearing??? <br><br>THANKS!!!!
0
vietalpes

What you might prefer for your editing mode is in Word> Preferences> View,
in the Window group... Tick the checkbox for 'Wrap to window' which only
affects display of the document in Draft & outline views.

As for the Menu issue... Did you have another version of Word/Office
installed prior to Office 2008? Combined with your previous menu problems
this suggest that you may have some leftover files hanging around.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 4/26/10 3:01 AM, in article 59bb7792.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"vietalpes@officeformac.com" <vietalpes@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) When I'm writing
> in the "draft" view option, then the text is totally at the left. There is a
> lot of space on the right of my screen that is not being used. I can fill that
> space if I zoom in "250", but that's too much for me. Instead I would like to
> have the same size of my letters as in let's say 150%, but I'd like the text
> to spread over the entire bredth of my screen! Is that possible??? Otherwise
> it really becomes too tiring for me to keep on working on these long texts all
> day.
>
> Secondly, is there a way within the tool box to change the view options.
> Somehow under "view" I again don't have a "zoom" button!!!! Help, how can I
> get my "view" option under "view" back??? And why do buttons keep on
> disappearing???
>
> THANKS!!!!

0
CyberTaz
4/26/2010 10:39:18 AM
Cool!!!!! This &quot;wrap to window&quot; thing is wonderful!!! Thanks!!! <br><br>However: YES I did have a previous word version on my computer. I've put that one in the trash and then installed the new version. Because it wasn't working great. I put the new version in the trash again. And reinstalled the new version again. With the tips from you guys it's getting better. But yes I'm sure I still have &quot;old&quot; files hanging around somewhere. HOW CAN I GET RID OF THEM????
0
vietalpes

view options in "draf" + "zoom" button under "view"
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) When I'm writing in the &quot;draft&quot; view option, then the text is totally at the left. There is a lot of space on the right of my screen that is not being used. I can fill that space if I zoom in &quot;250&quot;, but that's too much for me. Instead I would like to have the same size of my letters as in let's say 150%, but I'd like the text to spread over the entire bredth of my screen! Is that possible??? Otherwise it really becomes too tiring for me to keep on working on these long texts all...