unwanted line and number in document

Version: 2008

An unwanted line with a number beneath (1 & 2) has appeared at the bottom left hand side of the page in consecutive pages of a document. How do I remove?
0
Cotter

Based on your brief description the numbers could be either of several
things �  probably page numbering or footnotes. If you can be more
descriptive of the situation it will make it easier to give you the proper
direction for dealing with them. Accurate details are important.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 1/12/10 8:54 PM, in article 59bb0ca0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Cotter@officeformac.com" <Cotter@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) An unwanted line
> with a number beneath (1 & 2) has appeared at the bottom left hand side of the
> page in consecutive pages of a document. How do I remove?

0
CyberTaz
1/13/2010 5:13:15 PM
> Based on your brief description the numbers could be either of several <br>
> things &amp;#65533;  probably page numbering or footnotes. If you can be more <br>
> descriptive of the situation it will make it easier to give you the proper <br>
> direction for dealing with them. Accurate details are important. <br>
> Regards |:>) <br>
> Bob Jones  <br>
> [MVP] Office:Mac <br>
> On 1/12/10 8:54 PM, in article 59bb0ca0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, <br>
> &quot;Cotter@officeformac.com&quot;  wrote: <br>
> > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) An unwanted line <br>
> > with a number beneath (1 &amp; 2) has appeared at the bottom left hand side of the <br>
> > page in consecutive pages of a document. How do I remove? <br>
> lines and numbers have disappeared as mysteriously as they appeared after I deleted several paragraphs from document. may have been footnotes but don't know how they got there unless I inadvertently hit a key command. I am very new to Word and my new computer. Thanks for help and sorry for wating ur time.
0
Cotter

Converting a Microsoft Word document to a PC document

How to Replace Numbers with Phrases
-- Jerry ...

Defaults on Print Sales Documents screen
Is there a way to set defaults on the boxes selected under the Picking Ticket column on the Print Sales Documents screen? Currently when we open the screen, we have to select which boxes to tick and since we always select the same boxes we wondered if there was a way to have them default when the screen is opened so we don't have to click each time. We want the "Picking Ticket Per Site" box, the "Include Kit Components" box and the "Bin Sequenced" box selected as default values. Thanks!! LMG, You can accomplish this with a small VBA customization, b...

hyperlinks within the same document are not working
Hi. I am trying to create an email publication in MS publisher 2007. It has several stories that will be sent out in email and the first section is supposed to contain a summary with hyperlinks to each story within the same email for more details. I am adding a bookmark at the begining of each story, and then trying to create a hyperlink in the summary section to the bookmark. However, when I send the publication as email, or do an email preview, the hyperlinks do not work. Please help! ...

Business Portal
BP 3.0 I am trying to set up our Business Portal to be as easy as possible for our sales team. One of the requests they have made is the ability to find out WHAT PO is COMMITTED to the SPECIFIC line item in an order. Similar to actually looking at GP Sales Transaction Entry window where it gives an icon to show that the item has been purchased, what PO it's been committed to. I have spent hours trying to make this happen. Has anyone else been able to do this? If so, I would appreciate detailed steps. Thank you ...

Higlihting entire rows or lines?
Hi I was wondering is there any way of highlighting entire lines or rows in word? If you are talking about text lines, clicking next to the line in the left margin will select it. Similarly, you can click next to a table row to select it. (The mouse pointer will look like an arrow.) -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "D Shah" <D Shah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59141C31-9ABF-4A90-9908-C6E9ACBE8613@microsoft.com... > Hi I was wondering is there any way of highlighting entire lines or rows > in > word? Do you mean as ...

How do I find a value on a line?
I made a line graph of data to use as a calibration. I know the y value and I want to find the X value. Is there a way that I find find this specifically on the line without using a trendline formula or guessing by looking at the gridlines? The only way to find a specific value is to use the formula. Rgs, Bou If you can accept piece-wise linear interpolation, see Interactive Chart http://www.tushar- mehta.com/excel/software/interactive_chart_display/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity s...

Change Backcolor for the selected line
I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of a single line on a subform formated as a continuous form. The user selects one line from many possible lines on a continuous form to respond to. When he selects the line another pop-up form is display which the user must complete. I would like to maintain some kind of highlight (backcolor?) so that the user can clearly see which line he is reponding to. Setting the backcolor after selecting a line sets the back color for the entire form, which really defeats the purpose. Any help? -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Custom header numbering
Hi all, I have a question about formatting Header numbering throughout a new document (Word 2007). I'm trying to do the following: Heading 1 1.0 Heading 2 1.1 Heading 2 1.1.0 Heading 3 1.1.1 Heading 3 Heading 1 2.0 Heading 2 2.1 Heading 2 2.1.0 Heading 3 ... So it's an outline numbered / multilevel list, where Heading 1 has no numbering, and Heading 2 restarts numbering after a Heading 1 is used. I haven't been able to figure this one out for myselve. Can anyone help me on this one? Regards, Bert -- Neron Follow the instructions at ...

How to create an XML document with XmlTextWriter?
Hi, I'm trying to create an XML document with XMLTextWriter but I want to store it in memory (not write it to a file like so many examples do). I tried the following but with no luck. Should I not user this object for this purpose? Thanks, Dave MemoryStream stm = new MemoryStream() XmlTextWriter writer = new XmlTextWriter(stm, System.Text.Encoding.UTF8) writer.WriteStartDocument() writer.WriteComment("This Is A List of My Books") writer.WriteStartElement("MyBooks") writer.WriteStartElement("Book") writer.WriteAttributeString("ISBN", "1861005...

document elements (et. al.) toolbar in Word 2008
I may be in the minority here, but I happen to love the Ribbon UI on the PC version. It can collapse down to nothing when needed, and expand out (and even be customized I hear in 2010). That's on the PC. On the Mac I want a Mac-like UI. The Document Elements bar is so out to planet Jupiter on both functionality and as an accelerator into functions writers need most that it's laughable it made it into a release. (I'd much rather have a Mac ribbon that the Document Elements toolbar since at least the ribbon exposes USEFUL functions.) I mean, really =97 how many UPS or Del Mon...

sorting numbers #5
Hi were have problems in sorting out our inventory item numbers. We have over 15,000 item numbers that can't be changed or zeros deleted. The problem is when there are zeros in the item number. Excell sort CA0002 CA00020 CA0021 CA02 CA021 CA02C Needs to be CA0002 CA02 CA02C CA00020 CA0021 CA021 Thanks Darkjedi -- darkjedi ------------------------------------------------------------------------ darkjedi's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29153 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=488748 Since I didn't re...

How to assign unique number to column duplicates?
Hi All, I need to assign a unique number to a set of duplicates all in one column in Excel 2007. so columnA will has about 9000 numbers, some of them unique, and others are duplicates of 2-4 approx. I used to conditional formatting to show which are duplicates, but need to be able to assign a unique number to each set duplicates, that will be in sequential order... e.g. ColumnA ColumnB(unique ID) 01233 0001 01233 0001 01234 - 01255 0002 01255 0002 etc.... Any ideas please? I don't know how to do programming, just form...

Combine small documents into one master document
Hi, I currently have an "engagement letter" that is created for our clients to set the expectations for our business relationship (I work for attorneys). We have about 10 different paragraphs that may be inserted into the letter based on different factors (3rd party payor, if a retainer is required, etc.). So I start with the basic letter and then have a userform with checkboxes where you can select the text block options (stored in Autotext). When you click OK the various paragraphs are inserted at bookmarks. While this works, I find working with Autotext cumber...

Can i move multiple lines between workbooks
I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc. I would like to create separate files for each speed, but Excel won't allow me to cut/copy several lines to created a new file/workbook. Is there any way round this? Martin Ellis Sun, 16 Sep 2007 03:28:00 -0700 from Martin Ellis <MartinEllis@discussions.microsoft.com>: > I have a .csv format file listing speed cameras, and the different speeds are > identified by two characters at the end of each line - 30, 40, 50 etc...

Get Start date of Week number and Year
I’d like to build the following expression in my query GetStartWeekNumber(DatePart("ww",[EnteredDate]), Year([EnteredDate])) So if EnteredDate = 11/3/2009 the function would return 11/1/2009 But GetStartWeekNumber does not exist as an Access Built-In Function. Is there another way to do this as an expression in a query? I’m not familiar with creating my own functions. Thanks. That would depend on how you define the start of the week... One option would be to get the day-of-week number of the date (in my system/setup, Monday is day 2), then subtract one less than that...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

attaching documents
I am trying to figure out how to attaching a document without having it appear as an icon in the body of the message. I want it to appear as a file name in a field under the subject. I used to be able to do this. Send the message in HTML or Plain Text format, instead of Rich Text format. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:030801c3bf58$bc799de0$a301280a@phx.gbl, beth.thompson@thomson.com wrote: > I am trying to figure out how to attaching a d...

False number of unread messages
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? "Ayrhead" <Ayrhead@discussions.com> wrote in message news:61EED10D-B8A6-4293-A60D-540E9E90C446@microsoft.com... > For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my > Inbox, > but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? View menu>current view>disable group messages by conversation should reveal the missing message. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ht...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

Text box unwanted border
For some reason I know not why, that even though I enter 'No line' in both Line/Border style and Dash style I still have a visible bold dash surrounding the text box. Any help would be appreciated. Did you happen to draw a rectangle around the text box? Try highlighting it, and move the bottom text box adjustment up. If the dashed line didn't move, click on it and delete. Or, Copy the text, and paste it and if the dashed line didn't go with the copy, delete the original. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meridklt" <Meridklt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How do I stop Excel opening up my PDF documents
Hi thanks in advance, Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. How do I stop this from happening? All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Many thanks Isagold Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:14:01 -0700 from isagold <isagold@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > Hi thanks in advance, > Every time I open up a pdf through email etc, Excel opens it up in excel. > How do I stop this from happening? > All the PDF's show in the email with an excel icon document image? Your file associations are screwed up. Yo...

Summing with a range of number
Hey Everyone, I have a question about summing via ranges. I am trying to write macro and have hit a bump. Here is the scenario. I have a 2 columns of data (A&B). Column B i sorted in ascending order. Now I have ranges of data in column A that need to sum. Lets say in column B I need all numbers from 100 to 300 From 100 to 300 I need the totals in column A to sum at the last numbe that is less than 300 but greater than 100. I would like the sum to b in colum C for the totals of column A within the ranges of column B. hope that makes sense. If not ask for clarification or I will try an...

insert vertical grid line that is linkedto a certain data element
Hi. I have a chart with the performance of certain stocks (x=date, y=value). I add data to this chart weekly, and plot the year-to-date performance as well. I would like to add grid lines at the start of each year: a vertical grid line that is linked to a certain date and moves when additional dates are added. Also, the number of data points between each vertical grid line is not fixed: it differs per year. Anybody has a clue how to get this implemented? Thanks! Henk-Jan Hi, You can add vertical lines to line charts or scatter charts, but they are slightly diffierent techniques. P...

Add times and genral numbers
I have a spread sheet that calculates a score based on the time to finish an event PLUS points scored during the event. Currently I enter the times as seconds (general number Eg 2 minutes = 120. This allows for easy adding of time and points. Each second of event time counts as 1 point. Eg 2 Minutes 30 Seconds is 150 points PLUS 50 points scored during event for a total of 200 points. I want to be able to add times in the correct format. Eg 2:30 for 2 minutes 30 seconds instead of using 150 seconds (actually I would prefer 2.30 for speed) How can I do this to allow for adding a time of 2:3...