Typing text is impossibly slow in text boxes when in publishing layout

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

When I try to type or edit text in a text box in a template document (a newsletter template) the typing, editing, deleting, backspacing or what ever, is absolutely impossibly slow.  Am I doing something wrong or do I have something set up wrong.  If it remains this way I will not be able to work in this program.
0
Christine_Chapman

Apart from using Publishing Layout View, I suspect you are not doing
anything wrong.

Publishing Layout View requires very powerful hardware, and even then it
tends to crash a lot.

If I were you, I would try to work in Print Layout View, it will be a lot
quicker.

And make sure that both OS X and Office 2008 are completely updated: they
will be extremely slow if they are missing updates.

You need at least a dual-core CPU and at least 4 GB of RAM to have a
bearable experience in Publishing Layout View.  But at some point it always
clags up and drags like treacle in winter: which is why I never use it :-)

Cheers

On 26/04/10 1:25 PM, in article 59bb7783.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Christine_Chapman@officeformac.com" <Christine_Chapman@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> When I try to type or edit text in a text box in a template document (a
> newsletter template) the typing, editing, deleting, backspacing or what ever,
> is absolutely impossibly slow.  Am I doing something wrong or do I have
> something set up wrong.  If it remains this way I will not be able to work in
> this program.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

-1
John

Text Box hide & unhinde with mouse?
How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out. Cannot be done in Excel with just a 'mouse-over'. Could be done with VBA (macro) using Worksheet_SelectionChange() event. You would have to click on a particular cell to make it come out (become visible). "Anand vijay" wrote: > How do i Attach th text box on the right hand side corner of the sheet and > hide it their and when i take mouse their it comes out. how do i do that with the help of cell "JLatham" wrote: > C...

Invisible data in combo box
Hi there, I have recently deployed a database. My client is having issues in that a combo box has invisible data (the data is truly there, he can select an item in the middle of the drop down and other bound data populates, but it does not display). I have been able to isolate the issue to being a problem on his end; as I've opened it on 4 different instances of Access (3 X 2003, 1 X 2007) and cannot replicate the issue. I've also shipped him a version with different colors of font for its text, and this has not worked, either. He is using this database on 2 separate machine...

Moving Exchange 2003 to another Exchange 2003 box
I currently have an Exchange 2003 install that houses maybe 20 mailboxes. I want to move them to a new server that also has an Exchange 2003 install. I will be bringing the new server online with a different name and IP address but they will both be apart of the same domain. If I want to move the mailboxes from my orginal Exchange box to a new server, do I just need to move the mailboxes from within the ESM, then allow the users to login (so that their Outlook is updated automatically) then disable the exchange services from the original server? The only step left will be to update t...

find column with text data in row 1
I have the following macro which bounces me back and forth between b:k and m:u Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick( _ ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) If Not Intersect(target, Range("B:J")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, 11).Select If Not Intersect(target, Range("M:U")) Is Nothing Then target.Offset(0, -11).Select End Sub Now I would like to build on that. My K Column is my delimiter with the static text 'Totals'. I would like to be able to have the functionality of the above without have the number of columns static, so...

Publisher Pic Problems & VGA Driver
Hi, I'm very frustrated. I too cannot see any embedded photos when I open up my Publisher doc for editing. Tried everything in Help & now have read everything in the Online Support. (Btw, I'm not absolutely positive but I think this "invisible pics" problem started happening after I downloaded Flash 8, as a last resort I will uninstall it). Anyway, I have an Asus W5A laptop with Windows XP Pro. It has Intel Centrino Mobile which includes an Intel (R) 915/GM Chipset driver. So following suggestions on this site, I went to the Intel to find driver downloads to upd...

typing text onto two lines (one above the other) in one cell
What is the command and syntax to do the above? Thank you. Will, Press the Alt-Enter keys at the same time in a sentence to go to a different line within the same cell. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Will Naylor" wrote: > What is the command and syntax to do the above? > > Thank you. > ...

Use a picture as text
I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was made from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if so how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several letters to form the picture. The letters looked like word art. Thank you "KathySam" wrote: >I recently saw a brochure made with MS Publisher that had text that was >made > from a photograph. Does anyone know if this was done in publisher and if > so > how it's done? It was a picture of a truck on the road seen as several > letter...

Number Stored As Text 11-18-09
What property of a cell should I check to determine whether that cell contains a number stored as text? I have some cells which Excel 2007 tells me, via the office assistant, are numbers stored as text. I want to loop through all the cells in the used range testing for and correcting this. Paul Smith On Nov 18, 12:11=A0pm, "Paul W Smith" <p...@NOSPAM.twelve.me.uk> wrote: > What property of a cell should I check to determine whether that cell > contains a number stored as text? > > I have some cells which Excel 2007 tells me, via the office as...

How do I print smaller sized layout centered on letter size paper?
I reformatted my document to size it like a paperback book. When I print it on letter size paper, it prints out at the top of the page with a lot of space below. Interestingly, it prints centered horizontally on the letter size paper, probably because it thinks I'm feeding smaller-narrower custom size paper into the printer, drawn centered from the paper tray. I want this paperback book sized document to print centered on letter size paper, both vertically and horizontally, without first reformatting it to letter size with larger margins. Is this possible? Thanks. ...

Shapes/Text
How can i make words in the shape of a heart (for example) I want my words to illustrate a shape. Please help. You really can't, Publisher can add text to a shape, but only as a rectangle. If you have patience I have a method on my web page that shows how to do text in shape of a heart. Takes some work. Scroll way to the bottom of the page. http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "ShapeUser" <ShapeUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CABE22F7-82BF-40C9-8125-09E088C090C6@microsoft.com... ...

Text print size
Hello, here is my problem, when printing an excel sheet, the size of texts seems to be bigger than on the screen. The effect is that some of them are cutted : they fill in the cells only on the screen. On the printed page (or on the print preview) the text is bigger, and does not fit anymore. I do not understand why the text size is not the same on the screen and when printing. I tryed with True Type or not / I tryed qith auto-scale of the page or not / always the same result. What's the matter ? How to change that ? -- dc any idea ? any one ? Are you writing about text in...

How do I open a 2003 version of Publisher with the newest version
please hep me...it would be great to know how to do it. Thank you... I'm thinking you need to reword your question...2003 *is* the newest version. -- John Inzer "sidewinder is my display name" <sidewinder is my display name @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E36B1B00-30F2-496E-ACD2-613EA0BD14F4@microsoft.com... > please hep me...it would be great to know how to do it. Thank you... Like John said, Publisher 2003 *is* the newst version. Have you been trying to open .pub files? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "sidewinder is my display nam...

Alarm Dialog Box
I am using Office Outlook 2003, Office Pro 2003. When an e- mail comes in with an attachment, I double click on the attachment icon to open/save it. The pop-up alarm box that asks what would you like to do-open this attachment or save it has been turned off (I accidently checked the box that says do not show this again). I would like to turn this option back on, but cannot find where to turn it back on. Thanks ...

Need VBA code to enter text into a textbox !!!!
Does anybody know one line of code that will allow me to enter a number into a textbox on a worksheet. when I record a macro I get.. Sheets("venn").Select ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 27").Select Selection.Characters.Text = "123" I thought this implies I could code this like so... Dim sht as sheet set sht = activesheet.shapes("Text Box 27") sht.characters.text = "123" set sht = nothing But this does not work !! what is the correct way of doing this ? How about: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim sht As W...

Can I do overline text on a connector?
I am creating a functional block diagram that describes a schematic for an electronic circuit. Some of the signals between function blocks are inverted. The traditional method for describing this signal is with a bar over the signal name. I think this is called overline text. Does anyone know if this can be done in Visio? Unforunately, Visio inly supports underline. The can cheat by changing the single line of text into two lines with the origninal text on the bottom. Fill the top line with underscores to make it appear that the line is an overline to the text below. John... Vi...

when replying, the font type changes to Times New Roman
Hi! I have my font type set to Verdana on new email and reply emails. It shows as Verdana while I am typing. However, if I am REPLYING to an email, the receiver of my email sees Times New Roman instead of Verdana. Please help! ...

Combo box opening forms.
I have a form with a combo box with some data in it. When a user clicks the data in the box I want to open the related form. What would that code look like? "rsm169" <reiglebegal@STOP_SPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:C1382534-F6C1-460A-8A00-BFDA26D113C5@microsoft.com... >I have a form with a combo box with some data in it. When a user clicks the > data in the box I want to open the related form. What would that code look > like? You mean the user selects somthing in the combo box? You would use the after update event of the combo box. You'll have to exp...

Text message to Outlook 2000
I have a number of old email files I want to archive as Outlook files, so they can be treated as emails that had been received in Outlook. The files contain all of the original headers. Is there a way to do this? Yes, you can drag & drop messages out of Outlook into an Explorer window. This will save the messages as msg-files which you can later drag & drop back into Outlook or open directly from Explorer. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own...

Can't lose the 'Upgrade Verification Box' when I know its not an upgrade!!
I recently installed MS Office 2004 on a new iMac (no previous versions installed), and the error message below keeps popping up. I have never installed a previous version of Office on this computer, and I know that this isn't an upgrade version. I did install my office suite before removing the trial version (should've read the 'ReadMe' document) that comes with the computer. I have used the disk repair utility. I have removed and re-installed the software. Nothing seems to keep this message away. Error message: "This software is an upgrade to an earlier version of...

Position of text within a string
I want to return all characters in a filename before the dot. Left([FileName],Instr(1,[FileName] & ".",".")-1) -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AA04BF-802F-4D3F-AC0C-E0F099EDBE43@microsoft.com... >I want to return all characters in a filename before the dot. ...

Lost Formatting toolbar in Publisher
I've lost the formatting toolbar in Publisher 2000. The formatting toolbar is checked but doesn't show up. The formatting toolbar doesn't show until you have something to format. You can pull it down to the work space and let it float There are only two dimmed icons on the format menu when it is not in use. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mattie" <mattie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D04FBAA6-726E-4915-85BE-A89F888944CD@microsoft.com... > I've lost the format...

Overlaying a text box on a video
I am using PowerPoint X for Mac. I have a video with identifying information displayed in the top corner and I would like to overlay a black box over this information in order to prevent it from being visible. However, when the video is played, the black box moves behind the video after the first frame is played and the identifying information becomes visible. Is there anyway to prevent this? Thanks. You could do this in PPT 2010, but it's still in beta -- and it's for the PC. Otherwise, video always plays on top. You'll need to edit it in video editing software and r...

Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS?
Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS? If so how? You can use the UPPER function: =3DUPPER(A1) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 6:45=A0pm, Chris K <Chris K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS? > > If so how? per teh functions list for TEXT data, UPPER will convert all the text into all capital letters "Chris K" wrote: > Can you change current small text in a cell to CAPITALS? > > If so how? To add on to Pete's answer, You can highlight the ...

Text does not print in a publisher document
I have a bookmark that I've created in Publisher 2003. The graphic prints fine, but the text that I have does not. I am going to take my file(s) to Staples for printing so that the group can see and choose one. But no text on the one will definitely cause problems. Any suggestions? Linda <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a bookmark that I've created in Publisher 2003. The graphic > prints fine, but the text that I have does not. I am going to take > my file(s) to Staples for printing so that the group can see and >...

Restoring Junk E-Mail Add Sender to Blocked Senders List Pop-Up Confirmation Box
Hi, When Outlook 2003 is first installed, and you right-click on an email and then select junk email: add sender to blocked senders list from the context menu, a pop-up confirmation box appears that simply confirms that the sender has been added to the blocked senders list. There is a checkbox that you can check here that will prevent this pop-up box from appearing in the future, and I accidentally checked it. How do I get this pop-up box to re-appear? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks - marc ...