truncated pages in preview and when printed

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
ms

Have you confirmed that the printer driver is updated to the most current
version on both systems?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/15/10 1:10 PM, in article 59bb8849.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ms-robin@officeformac.com" <ms-robin@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I have a new MacBook Pro.  I previously had a problem printing the grid lines
> on Excel spread sheets and drawn lines in Word docs.  This was fixed by
> updating the operating systems on the computer acting as server so they match
> mine. Now each and every page of my word documents prints out with the bottom
> two inches of text missing. In addition the last two lines that do appear are
> nearly superimposed.  When I check the margins under Format-document the
> margins are set appropriately but the message says "out of bounds" and when I
> agree to "fix" it the bottom margin is set to SEVEN inches!!
>
> Anyone know what I can do to fix this problem?
>
> Robin

0
CyberTaz
5/15/2010 6:04:00 PM
Yes, the driver is the same (most updated) on both systems.  That was one of the first suggestions to fix the previous problem of lines and drawings not printing. <br><br>Thanks for the suggestions.  Any more?
0
ms
5/16/2010 4:43:13 PM
OK, if OS X is fully updated to 10.6.3 & the printer driver is the most
current, another pertinent detail you haven't revealed is the update level
of Office... Is it updated to 12.2.4?

Beyond that we'd need to have specifics in order to troubleshoot any
further. What you are reporting is not a universal issue so it must be a
local problem. Please provide a complete description of the document's
structure such as section breaks, manual page breaks & anything else
pertaining to paragraph formatting. Also, exact margin and other
document/page setup specifications... I'm afraid glib phrases like "set
appropriately" don't disclose very much :-)

Is this an issue with one specific document? If so, what happens if you
print to a different printer or from a different Mac? Also, just because the
driver is the most current doesn't necessarily mean it's not at fault. Word
takes it's margin requirements from the driver, so you might also try
uninstalling the printer driver, deleting its preferences & reinstalling it.

Repairing Disk Permissions using Apple's Disk Utility or something similar
may help as well.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/16/10 12:43 PM, in article 59bb8849.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ms-robin@officeformac.com" <ms-robin@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Yes, the driver is the same (most updated) on both systems.  That was one of
> the first suggestions to fix the previous problem of lines and drawings not
> printing.
>
> Thanks for the suggestions.  Any more?

0
CyberTaz

Page Orientation problems with Excel 2000 and XP
I have two employees. One using NT (Excel 2000) and another using XP (with Excel XP). They are trying to print to a network printer (HP LaserJet 4050) and their documents will not print in the right orientation. If they want to print in landscape, it may show up in portrait, and if I change the document defaults on the printer, it will work for one, but not the other. Then the other employee will change it, and then they just keep trading the problem back and forth. I seem to remember hearing of this before, but have no idea how the hell to fix it. And my boss is getting on my case about i...

Setting up page layout for a5 to double up on a4 paper
Hi Does anyone know if there is a way to set up an document so that you can print it an A5 document on to A4 paper and get the A5 repeated twice on each page. Hope that makes sense Thanks Assuming this is Word 2000 or later, on the Paper tab of Page Setup, select A4 as the paper size. On the Margins tab, under "Multiple pages," select "2 pages per sheet." If you create the A5 page only once, then you'll need to put "1,1" in the Pages box in the Print dialog. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope,...

Using the CHtmlView object with Print Preview (ExecWB)
I have a problem. When the user clicks a button on my application, I create a hidden CHtmlView object, export some data as HTML and load it into the browser. This is all done inside my dialogues button message handler. I then want to invoke the print preview using ExecWB but nothing works. I found out that if I post a button click message to another hidden button and do the ExecWB from there that the preview will display. I also found that I must delete and re-create the hidden browser for the preview to synchronize corectly. My problem is that one some computers I am being told that...

Outlook 2007 prints blank page
Hello, Windows XP, Office 2007 SP2, Exchange 2007 SP1. Users want to print their calendar in a pocket view : - Go to the calendar view - File, Print - Print range : 4 days of the week (Tuesday to Friday for example) - Click on Daily Style, Page Setup - Go to the Paper Tab - Select 1/4 sheet booklet - Click on Print The document is correctly printed, but... A blank page is also printed ! I tested on different computers with different printers, same behaviour... Do you have any idea ? Thanks for your help ! Luuke I can repro that here as well in a clean testing environment. I've repo...

Common problem--margins wrong on printed pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've seen this problem a lot, so I'm sorry to add to the din, but no one seems to have given a straight AND workable answer yet. <br><br>My document's margins are set at 1&quot; on each side. Print preview shows the document looking fine. But when I print, the bottom margin looks like it's about 0.5&quot;, the right margin is about 1.25&quot;, and the left margin is about 0.75&quot;. <br><br>Please don't tell me to update Office, OSX, and my printer--...

Finger print sensor not working to activate computer
Finger print sensor on computer is not wowking to activate computer On Jun 3, 12:03=A0pm, peterk76 <peter...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Finger print sensor on computer is not wowking to activate computer And this is a MSProject issue? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_05EA_01CB048C.815AB890 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Peter, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate...

How do I get to print a spreadsheet WITH rows and columns?
I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with, my account number, their phone numbers and addresses, and some other information. I'm not a regular user of EXCEL. When I save and print out the spreadsheet it has no vertical and horizontal lines for the rows and columns. How do I get to print the spreadsheet with those lines? Thanks Adjust your "page setup" under File | Page Set up | Sheet | Gridlines ... Check the Gridlines box. Dejola wrote: > I'm making a spreadsheet consisting of all of the vendors I deal with, > my account number, th...

Check Printing
All of a sudden, after a year of normal use, checks won't print properly. I suspect someone changed a setting, but I can't see how to change it back, or where to find how to do it. In Print Setup, Check type shows: standard, voucher, wallet...and standard Quicken, voucher Quicken and wallet Quicken. When selecting the "wallet" type, which is what's always been used, I now get a message saying that this type of check requires a tractor feed, which my printer doesn't have, and never had. When I then proceed to print, checks print 4 to a page, overflowing on...

Attachments do not display in preview pane
Does anyone know what would cause the following behavior in Outlook?: We are using Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000 clients. Users are emailing an Excel file (but this happens with any type of file) to our purchasing manager with their orders. Some of the attachments will show up with the file in the Preview Pane and some of them will only display the paper clip in the upper right of the header of the preview pane. Is this a user setting somewhere? I have looked in Outlook but could not find any option. I have also tried using Word as the editor and not using Word as the email editor but that ...

Attachment Preview like in OE
Hi. I don't know what I am overlooking, and think I have looked everywhere, but cannot find how/where to specify for Outlook 2000 to show picture (ie: JPG) attachments in the body of the email, like I am used to seeing in Outlook Express. I much prefer this than having to open each one in an editor to view it. Outlook cannot be less customisable than its baby brother, so what have I overlooked? Can anybody tell me how to achieve this? Many thanks in advance. OzzyFrank First thing you should know is that OE isn't the baby brother of Outlook. MS just decided to name their Internet ma...

Bottom tool bar that lets you toggle from page to page is gone..
I am missing the bottom page number tool bar that lets you toggle from page to page on the publication quickly. Any suggestions on how to get it back? View | Status Bar ? "mort" <mort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:AE65B3F4-3B74-47B3-B775-D6B06C541802@microsoft.com... | I am missing the bottom page number tool bar that lets you toggle from = page=20 | to page on the publication quickly. Any suggestions on how to get it = back? View | Toolbars | Status Bar "mort" <mort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:AE65B3F4-3B74-47B...

Pages
How can I delete all the extra pages? And from where do they suddently appear? Thank you for your help! Hi Sari, If you mean extra printed pages that are empty, it has to do with your used range. LastCell location Ctrl+End It is caused by inserting and deleting rows and/or columns, and Excel not fixing it last cell indication. Another cause might be introducing spaces or formulas into cells so that what looks empty really isn't. You can use the MakeLastCell macro at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/lastcell.htm#makelastcell to delete all rows and columns past active cell...

remove shading when printing
I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled out) shaded so they stand out to the user. (FWIW, the form is an application for services) When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted cells showing. I want the text the user entered to show, but the background to not show. Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called "choose office". The user selects the office, and based on the updates, the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form. I do not want this combo box ...

Table disappears at edge of landscape page in Print layout view on
I was entering data in an ordinary table in portrait page setup and decided I needed to make the table wider so changed the page set up to landscape. As I added columns, towards the right the edge of the table edges disappear as well as the text in them. If I change to normal view or web layout view they are there and intact but print layout view and print preview cuts them off. I've tried select all and pasting into a new landscape document but the same thing happens can't see the right edge. I've checked the margin sizes they all seem to be normal, I've fiddle...

Two Graphs Same Page
I need to put two graphs onto a single sheet. One graph looking at one section of years and the other another section of years. I need two seperate graphs because I need seperate trend lines for each graph. Any help would be appreciated. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Hi, If you use 2 series you can have a separate trendline based on each series. You can place chartobjects on a chart sheet. Start with a blank chart sheet, to create this just make sure the active cell is empty with no data in surrounding cells. Then press F11. This will gi...

Publish web page #2
Hello, Is there a way when saving the data as a webpage to stop the ranges that have previously been published being saved? Andrew ...

Right Margin in Printing
I'm making postcards in Publisher 2002. I've laid out everything according to the layout guides, but my printer has suddenly started cutting off text on the right margin. How do I fix that? Learn your printer margin limitations. Check your documentation. Open WordPad, file, page setup, input zero into each margin box, WordPad will default to your printer's margin defaults. Set the page to landscape so you can see why the right is being cut off. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "HR" <HR@discu...

Print page footer only if details section on same page.
Hi, my current report layout is as follows: PageHeader (blank) AddresseHeader ProductHeader Detail PageFooter(Information) I have about 100 [addressee] records and I want it to print as follows: (AddressHeader section) "Hi [Addresse] "Thanks for your order of [product1 & product2 & product3 etc...] . Below is a list of components for the listed products:" [product1] "details details details" [product2] "details details details" (PageFooter) Thanks again for your order (now on to the next Addressee record) --- Everything works fine, but I do...

Comment box drops down too far off page
Hello,...I have a form in which I have created some comment boxes. Th biggest complaint that I get is regarding the comment box that pops u from the last line of the form. It drops down too far and they alway have to scroll to read the entire box. When I edit the comment box i allows me to move it and stretch it any way I want. The problem is tha no matter where I pull it to, it still opens at the bottom of the for and beyond where a scroll is required to read it all. Can someon please tell me how to force the comment box to open upward over th middle of the form rather than downward beyond th...

Customizing the Close Opprtunity Web Page
When you select Actions > Close opportunity... a webpage dialog page appears. Is it possible to do any customization to this page? I'd like to add a field to capture some more information, it would be required if the Oppprtunity is Won, but no required if Lost. Adding fields to this dialog is not supported. Even if you were to add the fields, there is no logic in the underlying code-behind to save that value. Best bet would be to add some JScript to require something in one of the existing fields based on the selected radio button. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "...

how do i make a brochure with 3 pages per sheet in publisher?
File, New, brochure, there are samples, select one and go from there... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "chris" <chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41E8C29E-1ED4-4406-A634-15491287AACB@microsoft.com... > In addition to Mary's reply, the following link should help you get started on the design: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010563161033.aspx -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS"...

Error in printing envelopes
In Office 2007 Publisher, I'm t trying to print an envelope that measures 3.625 by 6.5 inches. But the printing always runs off the top of the envelope. It looks like Publisher is trying to print on a larger form, though the size given in the left-hand pane is correct. Has anyone else had this problem? Thank you. Chet You must setup your printer for a custom size, Publisher will reflect the custom size in page setup. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chester GS" <ChesterGS@discussions.microsoft.co...

Probelems with "Review Your Current Budget Status" page
When I review my current budget status, some of the budgeted amounts are incorrect - in some cases more than double what they should be. I cannot figure out where the budget is obtaining theses amounts. How can I get rid of whatever is incorrect or just change the amounts of the budgeted amounts so I can move on with this process. -- Tracey I have also experienced a problem that sounds similar, specifically under the debt budget area. I thought I might have had two bill entries, but I didn't. Just in case I deleted any bills that would show up under the debt budget and there are...

Printed Calendar with Same Month at Top
I posted this question in the Calendaring newsgroup and no one knew of an answer. I haven't found any acknowledgement from Microsoft that this is a bug. Would like to know. When printing my monthly calendar, the top of the page shows thumbnail versions of the previous and next months, like most calendars do. Except mine shows the current month and the next month. It doesn't really help to have the same month twice on the page! :) Any ideas? Or is this a bug? It's not just you, but as far as I know it's by design, so it's not really a "bug". You mig...

How do we only get one page to show for My Tasks
Yesterday we had a request by someone who has a lot of tasks if it was possible to have all their tasks visibile on only one page. We figured out how to do that on our own okay as far as going into the Web Part option to open up and edit for Project Web Access and expanding the default of 30 tasks to 200 or more...we did that. However, when the person checked their tasks again, their tasks still seemed to be broken out in what seemed to be "boxes" of about 30 tasks...one after another, on the same page....which isn't what he was necessarily wanting. Anyway, we ...