Tool bar anomaly

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

0
ronben

The toolbars you create yourself do have a larger close button. I assume
that's to help distinguish them from the built-in bars.

Likewise, the dots you see are actually an ellipsis (...) which indicates
that the bar has a name which will display in that space [actually called
the Title Bar] if you float & resize the bar. The names of built-in toolbars
do not display so there is no ellipsis on those bars.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/10 6:00 PM, in article 59bb2d4c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ronben@officeformac.com" <ronben@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel My
> customized toolbar has a 'close' button that is 3 times the size of the button
> on other toolbars.  Also, the left-hand shaded column for grabbing moving the
> toolbar has a colon (:) below the button. I don't know that get there.  The
> toolbar works but it should look the others.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ronben

0
CyberTaz
2/14/2010 11:30:00 PM
Thanks, the explanation helps.  However, I haven't figured out how to re-size the custom toolbar.  At the lower right corner there is a page corner flipped-up which looks like a grab point but doesn't seem to have a re-size handle. <br><br>Ron
0
ronben
2/17/2010 7:21:26 AM
That _is_ the resizing corner :-) The pointer tip must be right on it. Keep
in mind that you can't make the bar any larger than it needs to be based on
the controls it contains. IOW you can't just arbitrarily make it whatever
dimensions you'd like, and it will not begin to change as you drag. As you
continue dragging [down & left] it will 'snap' into a 2-row configuration &
keep doing so until it is a single column rather than a row.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/17/10 2:21 AM, in article 59bb2d4c.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ronben@officeformac.com" <ronben@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks, the explanation helps.  However, I haven't figured out how to re-size
> the custom toolbar.  At the lower right corner there is a page corner
> flipped-up which looks like a grab point but doesn't seem to have a re-size
> handle.
>
> Ron

0
CyberTaz

adding multiple error bars to bar chart
i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in the series has a different standard error which has to be added. any ideas how i can do this?? each time i try and change the error bar they all change in the series! Help me please! Hi, On the Error bar dialog is the option to use a range as the values. This can be used for both positive and negative values. See Jon Peltier's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Cheers Andy belinda001 wrote: > i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in > ...

ValPak Tool Analysis
I'm trying to add this tool on my excel but, it tells me I need the back-up disc. Office came installed on my PC, and I have no disc. What to do? ...

Change colouirs in stacked bar chart
Up to now I've been happy with the colours Excel decides to use for each element of my stacked bar chart. But more recently the colours of latest additions to the tops of the bars are very similar to the ones directly below and difficult to discern. How do you change a specific colour/s? Rob Graham Hi try right clicking on the series you want to change, then select 'format data series' 'patterns tab' on the form and choose a colour under 'area -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks Nicky Rob ...

Exchange 2003 Admin tools on XP x64
I need to load the Exchange 2003 Admin Tools on an XP x64 bit box. I am getting an error saying the tools are not compatible with x64. Do you have a work around? Will SP-2 for Exchange include x64 admin tools? Thanks. sc0rpi0n As for the work around: There is always the alternative of loading up a VM (VMWare, Virtual PC) for the time being and installing the tools on the VM session. Granted, it's a bit easier just to terminal into a server and administer it from there. Bob "sc0rpi0n" <sc0rpi0n@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:2EA037DB-77C4-49E3-A0DD...

Outlook..Tools..Options..Mail Format Settings
Does anyone know where the User selections in the Tools..Options..Mail Format dialogue are stored? In particular, I'm interested in the standard and reply file names in the Signature Section. Does this vary according to the version of Outlook? Many thanks in advance to anyone who steps in to help, Peter Jordan IT Contractor Auckland, New Zealand ...

Word
[Set DUH! Shields to 8] I customized my Word toolbar in Office 2001, and now have a "3 line" toolbar. When opening a document (or create new document), the top portion of the document is now under the tool bar. I can't believe I can't figure this out!!!! (Ah -- humbling lesson -- I'll take it ;-) I've read the help, made new defaults, made the height of the toolbar as small as it can be ... yada yada yada. I know I can blow up the tool bar, or dock it to the side ... but, what am I missing??? ;-) Many thanks!!!!!! -Lake [Set DUH! Shields to Nor...

subclassed button in a dialog bar question
I'm trying to add a subclassed button to a dialog bar. When I create the button in code, it's disabled. I think I know why it's disabled, but my question is how do I do this correctly? Thanks nevermind... duh! "guysmiley" <kermit@thefrog.com> wrote in message news:%23epHaJmhDHA.3204@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to add a subclassed button to a dialog bar. When I create the > button in code, it's disabled. I think I know why it's disabled, but my > question is how do I do this correctly? > > Thanks > > guysmiley wrote: ...

Publisher drawing tools #2
When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? David Brown After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from David Brown <david30@cox.net>... > When I use the publisher drawing tools to make a drawing > inside a picture frame, the drawing is nice an crisp while > I am inside the picture frame, but becomes very distorted > when I go outside the frame. Any Ideas? What version of Pub...

Outlook 2007 Pst repaire tool
Hi. I have started to use Office 2007. And I wounder where I can find Scanpst.exe file. Have looked into my computer, but can not find it. Thank you in advance. Dag N I think it's in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 directory "Dag N" <dag.naestvold@intertanko.com> wrote in message news:ONh7CIcGKHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi. > I have started to use Office 2007. And I wounder where I can find > Scanpst.exe file. > Have looked into my computer, but can not find it. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/scanpst.htm -- Diane P...

excel 4.0 macro remover tool
Dear all, i am looking for excel 4.0 macro removal tool from excel 97 file.Actually we are facing such problem from two months and it gives pain.some excel files contain macro of excel 4.0 with "very hidden and very protective" attribute so that we cannot remove it.i have searched on net and found that there are some tools called macro remover which can remove all types of macros from excel file including excel 4.0 macro from excel 97 file,but it charges which i cannot afford.so if there any tool that can remove particular excel 4.0 macro from excel 97 file please let me know...

I cannot view navigational bars in preview. How can i correct this
I simply added a page and now I cannot view the bars on any page in preview. Which version of IE are you using? DavidF "pa al" <pa al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B12BD265-3C22-42EC-8BBB-2D8A2378C901@microsoft.com... >I simply added a page and now I cannot view the bars on any page in >preview. ...

What does [Group] indicate in my title bar???
Much like share shows up but it is group... It means you've selected multiple worksheets (probably by holding down the shift key while selecting a sheet tab). Every change you make in one sheet will be made in all the selected sheets. To ungroup, right-click a selected worksheet tab and choose Ungroup from the popup menu. In article <930D69CE-E394-4CD2-849F-2288527F754F@microsoft.com>, "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Much like share shows up but it is group... ...

Double-stacked Bar Chart WITH a Secondary Y Axis Line chart?
How can I create a double stacked bar chart w/ a secondary Y-axis line chart? I've read and understand the "Column Chart with a Difference" example here: http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm. But, need to go the step further, to have a % displayed on the secondary Y axis. The general rule in all such cases -- keep in mind it is *not* universal -- is to create whatever kind of chart you want. Then, select the series you want to move to the secondary axis and change its type with Chart | Chart Type... Next, move it to the secondary axis by double-clickin...

How do I get the bars on a chart to display from low to high?
I've a simple, horizontal bar chart. The bars appear in the same order as the data. But I'd like them to appear "in order". Highest to lowest, or vice versa. IE, a smooth progression of lines getting a little longer with each one as you look at it. Instead of the random jumble they are in now, consistent with the random way the data was listed in two columns. Hi, Select your X data only and go to Data>Sort select 'Continue with the current selection' then sort ascending. HTH Martin Below is a link to a chart that automatically sorts based on a fixed in...

Scroll Bars
Hi Ive added a scroll bar to my worksheet from the forms tools. I want to have a table which is a fixed size and the scroll bar can b used to move to columns across to view all data. i.e. user views a fixed table of 5 columns but data is made up of 1 columns. The scroll bar will move the data. I also want the same use for a chart. Please Help....! ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Stephen Bullen has a sample chart with scrolling on his web site. Under &#...

Tools Synchronize All Folders Not available
I am using WXP with Outlook 2000 and offline folders. Under the Tools Synchronize menue I have 3 options (fully expanded): 1.)Mail and Calendar 2.)This folder 3.)Offline Folder Settings I remember there being an "All Folders" Option and the HELP idicates that as well, but it does not appear on the list. Any ideas? Thanks, BD are you working online or offline? BD wrote: > I am using WXP with Outlook 2000 and offline folders. > Under the Tools Synchronize menue I have 3 options (fully > expanded): > 1.)Mail and Calendar > 2.)This folder > 3.)Offline Fol...

Outlook bar folders
"I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be the first folder in viewing and have it displayed when the program open...": Is it a folder or a group and if its a group is it one of the default groups. If a folder you can drag it into position if its a default group check out http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q198012 "Tina Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c3901c3db6a$b686a6c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > "I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be > the first folder in viewing and hav...

Excel Charts from pivot tables without scroll down bar?
Is there an easy way to copy/paste a pivot table chart into powerpoint without scroll down bars? If you hide them in Excel: On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotChart>Hide PivotChart Field Buttons they should also be hidden when you paste the chart into PowerPoint. Angel wrote: > Is there an easy way to copy/paste a pivot table chart into powerpoint > without scroll down bars? -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

What is EN on status bar?
Using Excel 2000, keyboard shortcuts no longer work. I notice an "EN" on the status bar, so I'm assuming it's related to that. Can anyone assist? Could that really be END? If it is, then that's the indicator that you hit the END key on the keyboard. It's useful when you want to go up/down/right/left until the next break in the data. I if have data in A1:A25322 with A12 selected, I can hit End|Down arrow and I go right to A25322. David McRitchie has a explanation of what the statusbar can hold: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/statusbar.htm gman100 wrote...

Greek Proofing Tools
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi, how can i add greek proofing tools to my new office 08 for my new macbook pro. i am in urgent need of the greek spell checker (office 2007 for windows includes it). thanks in advance ...

List box and tool tips
I have a sudden urge to have an MFC CListBox in which each entry has a separate tooltip, and in which the tool tips should maintain their relationship with the entries even when the scrolls vertically (so that defining a "tool" as a fixed rectangle in the listbox client rectangle will not do). Has anyone seen this done? Any hints before I start heading off down blind alleys? [I checked CodeProject and there was a .NET example there but I suspect it does more for you than MFC does.] Dave -- David Webber Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor' http://www.mozart.co.uk...

how to change the title bar of outlook client
How can i add an image to the title bar if the outlook client and where do i change the addres shown there? Then is it possible to add a watermark page as the background of all pages of crm? ...

bar inside larger bar
I don't know if anyone has figured out how to do bar charts with small bars within larger bars before, but I've discovered a very simple way to do it with excel 007: http://lilt.ilstu.edu/jpda/charts/chart%20tips/Chartstip%204.htm#Overlapping_bars Gary - You've done a lot of work since I last visited your site. Good stuff. For non users of 2007, and for those who don't like working with huge borders and the like in 2007, it's still pretty easy to create these nested charts. Plot the wider series on the primary axis, and assign it a smaller gap width. Plot the narrow...

Print Preview: possible to remove the Internet Explorer little icon from the dialog title bar?
Hello, Anybody knows if it is at all possible to get rid of the Internet Explorer icon that shows up in the title bar of the Print Preview Dialog? I am using CHtmlView and calling the Print Preview through IDispatch. I am also providing my customized template for the Print Preview GUI. Everything is perfect other than I'd like to know if that icon can be removed and or changed with my own icon. Would it have anything to do with favicon by chance? Thanks! weboludo ...

Negatives in floating bar chart
I've got a floating bar chart. This is constructed using two series, the series I wish to plot, on top of an invisible series (each invisible point being as high as the previous invisible plus visible data point). I've got one item (visible) which is negative. Rather than simply reducing the height of my bar, excel has dropped it to the bottom of the chart. What can I do? Tom. Should correct an error. I said it was a floating bar chart - sorry - it's actually a waterfall chart. Cheers. "mr tom" wrote: > I've got a floating bar chart. > > This i...