Tool bar anomaly

Version: 2004
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
Processor: Intel

0
ronben

The toolbars you create yourself do have a larger close button. I assume
that's to help distinguish them from the built-in bars.

Likewise, the dots you see are actually an ellipsis (...) which indicates
that the bar has a name which will display in that space [actually called
the Title Bar] if you float & resize the bar. The names of built-in toolbars
do not display so there is no ellipsis on those bars.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/14/10 6:00 PM, in article 59bb2d4c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ronben@officeformac.com" <ronben@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel My
> customized toolbar has a 'close' button that is 3 times the size of the button
> on other toolbars.  Also, the left-hand shaded column for grabbing moving the
> toolbar has a colon (:) below the button. I don't know that get there.  The
> toolbar works but it should look the others.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Ronben

0
CyberTaz
2/14/2010 11:30:00 PM
Thanks, the explanation helps.  However, I haven't figured out how to re-size the custom toolbar.  At the lower right corner there is a page corner flipped-up which looks like a grab point but doesn't seem to have a re-size handle. <br><br>Ron
0
ronben
2/17/2010 7:21:26 AM
That _is_ the resizing corner :-) The pointer tip must be right on it. Keep
in mind that you can't make the bar any larger than it needs to be based on
the controls it contains. IOW you can't just arbitrarily make it whatever
dimensions you'd like, and it will not begin to change as you drag. As you
continue dragging [down & left] it will 'snap' into a 2-row configuration &
keep doing so until it is a single column rather than a row.

HTH |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/17/10 2:21 AM, in article 59bb2d4c.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"ronben@officeformac.com" <ronben@officeformac.com> wrote:

> Thanks, the explanation helps.  However, I haven't figured out how to re-size
> the custom toolbar.  At the lower right corner there is a page corner
> flipped-up which looks like a grab point but doesn't seem to have a re-size
> handle.
>
> Ron

0
CyberTaz

Insert horizontal bar into document
A new project requires an embellishment to separate body text from annotations. The embellishment is a 3.5-inch horizontal bar with a bead on each end. o-----------o I have created a kludge by selecting the embellishment and placing it in AutoText. I assigned it a cryptic text string however that does not insert the embellishment as it would text. I have to open Tools > Auto Correct > Auto Text and click it and then it appears. While this is better than copying it from one file to the next, it is still clumsy and surely not the best way to manage this. Is it possible to ma...

Drop down bar to hide column according to the content of a cell
Hi all, I need help. How can i write a macro such that when the user select (e.g. 2 ) from the dropdown for, it hides column G:Z when the user select (e.g. 5) from the dropdown form, it hides Column J:Z Thank you so much. Cheers, Daphie I dropped a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar onto a worksheet. I assigned a range with all the values I wanted (0-10 for my test) to the listfillrange. Then I doubleclicked on that combobox (while in design mode) and used this code: Option Explicit Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() Dim HowManyCols As Long HowManyCols = Me.ComboBox1...

How to create a min-max bar chart in excel 2007 ?
I have a list of 24 set of data. Each category have a min-max set in $. When I'm using stacked bar chart and define the min value with no fill, I get the look I'm looking for. The problem is with the X-axis which shows the total amount of min+max instead of using only the max series as data set. After looking around for quite a good time, I figured somebody here might have stumbled on that problem. Thanks Hi Junkyard, I'm not sure that I understand your question. However, have you tried using Up/Down-bars to plot a min/max chart? To do this - select the two data series ...

Exchange Best Practise Tool
I applied Windows 2003 SP1 to all my exchange servers in head office and one in a remote site but under same org. I ran Exchange best Practise Tool and ot show this warning for all the Exchange Servers .... Windows Server 2003 is running pre-release software (It says this message abotu Windows 2003 SP1 and this link it provides ... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Analyzer/821a3f42-e577-4f91-ae24-0dc384b363a9.mspx?mfr=true Have anybody experince this before? Advise please. Thank you When you follow the KB and look at the version info in the registry, what does...

How to get While You Were Out icon to tool bar
I had a shortcut on my tool bar for While You Were Out. It's gone. How do I get it back there? "debbee" <debbee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC64798D-E3EF-4EE4-98FA-4C1BFE86F857@microsoft.com... >I had a shortcut on my tool bar for While You Were Out. It's gone. How do I > get it back there? Repeat the steps you used the first time you put it there. Outlook does not contain such a shortcut so you must have added it once. Add it again using the same procedure. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Task bar
I might be calling it by the wrong name - but I am looking for the column that sits to the right of the screen - with all the options on it - where it list the file and places to click on. Can you help. TaskPane maybe? If you go to File>New... it will pop up. Tools>Options>View. Show TaskPane on Startup. Check it. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:11:01 -0800, "PghPatti" <PghPatti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I might be calling it by the wrong name - but I am looking for the column >that sits to the right of the screen - with all the ...

One bar line with two trend lines
I'm trying to get one bar line with two trends lines. I've tried using custom type charts by selecting "Line-Column on 2 Axis". With selecting this chart, it will have 2 bar lines and one trend line instead of what I need. I've formatted both axis to fit the correct numbers. I just need two trend lines. Any help would be great. Do you mean two trendlines, which are best fit lines fitted to a bunch of points? Or do you mean you want two line chart series? I presume it's the latter, because nobody should ever compute a trendline from a column chart. Make ...

Last chart not formatting correctly when scroll bar not at bottom
Hi All! I have a macro that runs through however many worksheets a workbook has and charts the data from each worksheet into a final "charts" worksheet. I have about 6 or 7 charts showing, but you can scroll through all 40 if you wish. When it runs it always finishes with the scroll bar at the bottom, showing the last group of charts. If you then scroll up to view any of the upper charts, then re-run the macro, the very last chart does not finish formatting. Then if you scroll up or down, it goes away but it is correctly formatted at the bottom of the list (where it belongs). It...

How to Remove the E-mail Accounts Option from the Tools Menu in Outlook 2002
The following Knowledge base describe how to remove the account option from the tools men in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242165 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242165 I would like to do the same thing but in outlook 2002. basicaly, I want to set up pop e-mail accounts on client machines and disable any configueration changes by the user. thanks Use Windows Policies or use a custom installation of Outlook and select what options are available to end-users. Or, simply prevent the users from adding an Internet Account by disabling that opti...

horizontal scroll bar references
When I click on my horizontal scroll bar in Excel, it shows "Column: A" etc. Does anyone know how to change the reference to the column header instead? I've seen it on a spreadsheet but can't figure out how to do it. I think what you want is Data/Groups and Outlines JG -- pinmaster ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496443 Wow - that actually answered a different quest...

Progress bar in spreadsheet?
I am creating a spreadsheet where I will have a long list of projects. One column represents the completion percentage for the project. I'd like to display this as a progress bar. If the project is 50% complete, I want the left half of the cell to be colored in. If it is 75% complete, I want the left 3/4 of the field to be filled in, etc. I don't mind doing this manually if there is a way to do so, but I figured there might be some type of control that can do this. I have seen reports built in accounting packages and "dashboard" or "metric tracking" appl...

excel 97 formula bar not displaying properly
the formula bar is only showing me the last few characters of the cell contents. they are in the right position, but everything to the left of them in the formula bar is not visible. for example, cell may contain 123456789, but formula bar displays ' 89' (the quotes are mine to show the start and end positions) with 7 completely blank spaces before the 89. strangely, it is not consistent. sometimes it is more than 7 blank spaces. if the cell contains few characters it usually shows me the last 2 on the right. it happens for formulas as well as data. here are some examples from...

Proofing Tools Error
Hello, I'm trying to copy and paste a portion of a Publisher 2003 document to Word 2003. When I do so, I receive the error "Cannot Find Proofing Tools. Try installing or reinstalling them." Any ideas why this might occur? The language for the entire document is U.S. English. Thanks, Matt Matt M. wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to copy and paste a portion of a Publisher > 2003 document to Word 2003. When I do so, I receive the > error "Cannot Find Proofing Tools. Try installing or > reinstalling them." Any ideas why this might occur? ...

Urgently needed a tool for generating XSLT file
Hi, I am a novoice developer for XML and XSLT. I need a tool which generates XSLT files. The UI should be similar to the transformation maps we create in BizTalk; it would be greate if I can host the UI in my .Net application. Or can I host BizTalks map designer in my .Net application? Thanks, Navneet "Navneet Gupta" <Navneet Gupta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB8D15B8-76A7-4BCC-BFBA-A128A580C3FC@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am a novoice developer for XML and XSLT. I need a tool which generates > XSLT files. > > The UI should be sim...

Bar Chart Percentage
How do I show a percentage in a bar chart? A B C D "Store 1 Rev" "% of Total Rev" "Store 2 Rev" "% of Total Rev" 1 Prod1 100 3% 100 3% 2 Prod2 90 2% 80 1% 3 Prod3 80 1% 90 2% Say I have 50 stores. I just want the data for the bar cha...

Status Bar Question
I have 2 computers in my office. On one, I can easily see what page I am working on because it's a bright color on the status bar. On the other, I can't see what page I'm on at all because it's a barely shaded gray color. How can I change the color of the current page on the status bar? LinguaKids <LinguaKids@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How can I change the color of the current page on > the status bar? By changing your Windows theme. The status bar highlight colours (and most other colours in Publisher) change to match th...

Missing System Tools folder
I wanted to run System File Checker, read that it is in System Tools. I just looked in Accessories, there is no System Tools folder! ?? I just used Scanreg/restore, the oldest registry is only a few days old. And nothing has happened on this machine in the past week, so I believe the Tools folder has gone missing some time ago. The machine runs fine, so I want to fix this without reformat, etc. How to restore the System Tools folder? ms On 2/7/2010 7:58 PM, ms wrote: > I wanted to run System File Checker, read that it is in System Tools. > I just looked in Accessori...

negative numbers in bar charts
Whenever my data contains negative numbers, the titles appear at the "0" line while the bars extend below, through the titles making them difficult to read. How do I set the bottom of the chart so the titles appear at the bottom instead of at the "0" line? Right-click on the vertical axis>select Format Axis Select Scale tab Change the "0" under "Category (X) axis Crosses at:" box to a value lower than the highest negative value, say: -50 (if the highest negative is -10) Click OK. Optional: Format the plot area colour to None for a clearer look W...

Vertical scroll bar in Office does not move page when clicking on the white space
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi <br><br>Suddenly in all my Microsoft office programs the vertical scroll bar no longer moves the pages up and down when i click on the space above and below the scrolly bar. Instead the scrolly bar moves but the pages stays where it is. The horiztonal bar works fine. How do i fix it? <br><br>Thanks Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and creating a second account but still no luck. Only affecting Word. If i go to System Preference &amp;gt; Appearance &amp;gt;Click to scroll b...

Using Postal Bar Codes in Publisher
I'm using Publisher 2003 and have yet to discover a way to include zip plus 9 postal bar codes in a Publisher mail merge. I can easily do this with Word, just not in Publisher. Any tips, suggestions, tricks? Right now I create the newsletter in PUblisher, then go print labels in work from my date sources, then hand apply the labels to the newsletter for mass mailing. There has to be an easier way Thanks for any tips you can provice. When typing out the bar code use PostNett font. If you need the font, send me an email. -- Don ------- My real e-mail address is: dschmidtATpacifierDOTcom...

Anova Statistical Tools
My notebook has Office 2000 loaded and I went to install the Analysis toolpack to use the Anova statistical tools and it said I need to load it from the CD. I am away from the office for a few weeks and do not have access to the original CD but I do have access to the CD from my home system. Is there a way I can load that tool pack without having the original CD. I do not have local admin rights on this system. Thanks, REB ...

All Day Events on Tool Bar
How do I get all day events to show up on my tool bar? "Mike" <junkmail@blackcows.com> wrote in message news:bf831f4d-17f1-4c9a-9164-fecdf4d6dbf9@o6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > How do I get all day events to show up on my tool bar? Do you mean your "To-Do Bar"? If not, what toolbar? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] the To-do? It won't show all day events- you'll need to make them timed events. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Ti...

How to create status bar without sizing grip
Hi, I develop dialog application. Main app dialog is derived from CDialog and it has added status bar. Problem is that I need status without sizing grip and I am not able to create it. Status bar that I can to create has always sizing grip. Status bar is created in OnInitDialog() this way: *.h: CStatusBar m_statusBar; *.cpp: OnInitDialog() m_statusBar.CreateEx(this, WS_CHILD, WS_VISIBLE | WS_CHILD); m_statusBar.SetIndicators(indicators, 1); wnd = GetDlgItem(IDC_STATIC_STATUS_BAR); wnd->GetWindowRect(&m_statusWinOrig); ScreenToClient(&m_statusWinOrig); m_statusBar.MoveWindow(...

Extrange problem with Tool Bar Control
Hi all... The problem I had is that when I double-click the tool bar so that it becomes floating, the tool bar frame remains on the original place, but the tool bar gets actually floating. (I mean the "dialog" where the tool bar controls were, stays docked, and not goes floating with the controls). What may be hapenning? The toolbar worked before on this MDI application. I think that it is a repaint problem because when I open a new document while that docked frame is still where the tool bar was, the frame disappears. I hope the problem was clearly stated. Any help will...

Exchange 2003 Status Notification tool problem
I administer an Exchange 2003 server. I had configured Exchange's "Monitoring and Status" tool to send an email to my cell if there is a problem such as low disk space. But I can't get the tool to work with external email addresses. I tried with with a personal email address on another server as well as my cell, and in both cases, the message ended up in the badmail folder... the recipient server rejected it. Sending to internal addresses (those managed by the server in question) work fine. But it didn't seem prudent to rely on my email server to handle email...