selecting text and spikes - 57592

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
polarbear

F3 is the Spike key, not Copy/Paste.

Use Command + c to copy and Command + v to paste.

The Spike is an AutoText item into which you can append material when you
want to collect several things and paste them all at once.  It's a very old
Word mechanism, the use of which has almost disappeared.

Cheers

On 27/05/10 11:20 AM, in article 59bb909c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"polarbear@officeformac.com" <polarbear@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I want to do the usual: insert the cursor, click/drag to highlight, press F3
> to copy, then paste.
>
> But when I click, Word selects multiple words or lines, when I attempt to copy
> (F3), the text deletes.  When I look under the Edit menu, it says "Undo
> spike."
>
> Yikes, spikes?  what am i doing? or what is word doing?
>
> BTW, when i tried to enter text in Word help, i couldn't until i restarted and
> reset the pram.

McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd

John_McGhie_
5/27/2010 10:12:33 AM
Nah... Something ain't right - Command+F3 is the 'Cut to Spike' keystroke,
Option+F3 creates an AutoText item. The F3 key alone should copy just like
Command+C does. We need more clarification from the OP :-)

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 5/27/10 6:12 AM, in article C82482B1.BECA%john@mcghie.name,
"John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com" <John_McGhie_[MVP]@officeformac.com>
wrote:

> F3 is the Spike key, not Copy/Paste.
>
> Use Command + c to copy and Command + v to paste.
>
> The Spike is an AutoText item into which you can append material when you
> want to collect several things and paste them all at once.  It's a very old
> Word mechanism, the use of which has almost disappeared.
>
> Cheers
>

> On 27/05/10 11:20 AM, in article 59bb909c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
> "polarbear@officeformac.com" <polarbear@officeformac.com> wrote:
>
>> Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel
>> I want to do the usual: insert the cursor, click/drag to highlight, press F3
>> to copy, then paste.
>>
>> But when I click, Word selects multiple words or lines, when I attempt to
>> copy
>> (F3), the text deletes.  When I look under the Edit menu, it says "Undo
>> spike."
>>
>> Yikes, spikes?  what am i doing? or what is word doing?
>>
>> BTW, when i tried to enter text in Word help, i couldn't until i restarted
>> and
>> reset the pram.
>
>  --
>
> The email below is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum
> matters unless I ask you to; or unless you intend to pay!
>
> John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer,
> McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
> Sydney, Australia. | Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410 | mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
CyberTaz

how to extract text from a formula
a formula in cell (A1)looks like =+'c:\My Documents\[Look at this workbook.xls]TOTAL'!$K$46 ...would like to extract the name of workbook from formula "Look at this workbook.xls" ...any ideas? ...

shortcut key for language selection doesnt work only in Excel
Machine Info: Toshiba laptop, satellite 1905-277, Pentium 4 CPU 1.60 GHz 256 MB of RAM OS: Windows XP Home Edition with SP1 When I am trying to shift from "EN" language to "FA" language in text service and input language, usually I do this by short cut keys (right Alt+hift and left Alt+shift). This shortcut keys doesnt operate in Excel but in other office family like Word and Access has no problem. I have to select languages manually from its box. Interestingly it doesnt elected in first time and I have to select the required language two times. TIA Rasoul Khoshravan Azar...

How to scroll label control along with text in RichTextBox
Hi, I have added a label control in RichTextBox, but when text increases and scroll bar appears, the label control does not scroll with the text.... Can any body suggest a solution for this... I will be really thanhfull Regards, Zafar "zafar" <zafarzoni@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6c93b1fd-b9f3-4029-bea9-3bd91830ceb3@c3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I have added a label control in RichTextBox, but when text increases > and scroll bar appears, the label control does not scroll with the > text.... Can any body suggest a solution for th...

Merge/consolidate text cells based on unique keys ?
Hi all. I hope someone can help me out. I have an Excel worksheet with 2 columns: 'Client #' and 'Invoice #'. Every time the accounting dept. generates an invoice, a new row is added in this worksheet. Obviously this is chronological not per Client #. But for the sake of simplicity, let's assume the worksheet is already sorted by Client #, like so: A B Client # Invoice # 231 5929 231 4358 231 2185 231 6234 464 1166 464 1264 464 3432 464 1720 464 9747 791 1133 791 4930 791 5496 791 6291 989 8681 989 3023 989 7935 989 8809 989 8873 My goal is to achieve...

Converting custom cell properties to text
Hi, I have a column of cells with telephone numbers in it and I wish to convert - or copy and paste these cells - into text format. For example, I have a telephone number as 083270000 and the cell properties (Format > Cells > Category) is listed as "Custom" and the "Type" is listed as "000000000". When I conduct a copy and paste, I lose the preceding zero before the eight. But I need this to remain and I need all the cells in "Text" format! Any ideas on how to do this? Regards Hnelg Format the column as text-go into Format>cells>cu...

Is there a way to search through text in Publisher files?
Searching in my documents will not give results of text used in publisher files. Is there a way to search through them? sisterginny schrieb: > Searching in my documents will not give results of text used in publisher > files. Is there a way to search through them? whole text search is only in Pub 2003 Ananda ...

when i type i am not seeing any text in Outlook 2003 #2
When I am try to send an email nothing appears on the screen instead i see red error lines. I don't see any text. I can only enter name and subject and nothing else. I am not able to see anything else in the body of the email. Please help. Any help will be appreciated ...

Drawing Curved Text
Hi All Does anyone know of a simple example of drawing along a simple curve using vb.net. Mickey Am 29.03.2010 02:39, schrieb mickey: > Hi All > Does anyone know of a simple example of drawing along a simple curve using > vb.net. > Mickey Haven't read it, but the first picture seems to be what you're after: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd263097.aspx -- Armin Nice examples Thanks "Armin Zingler" <az.nospam@freenet.de> wrote in message news:OQxcZruzKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Am 29.03.2010 02:39, schri...

Text only emails through Internet
I have a remote user on Outlook 2003 who connects to my Exchange 5.5 server through the Internet. She is able to send and receive email fine. Her problem is when someone sends her an email with graphics in it, the graphics are stripped out. However, when she connects to the VPN, the emails come through with their graphics. Are there any settings I need to check on my end (in Exchange) or in her Outlook to make the emails appear like the sender wanted them too? Thanks, John "AnytimeAnywhere" <gm79ta@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e7uQvRrnGHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Multiple Selections
I just want to know if it is possible for you to crate a list that you can select one or more options. if so how?? You can use a listbox with its Multi Select property set to Simple or Extended. If you want to store the selected values, you will need code to so it since a listbox can only be bound if its MultiSelect property is set to None. Remember, it is poor practice to store multiple values in a single field so to store selected data, you really need to work with a many-side table. "KT" <KT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4763F3FF-4E98-4000-A53C...

Chart select!
Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that would simply select every chart on the page, and NOT pictures. Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi cdegar01, Does this line do what you want? Activesheet.chartobjects.select cdegar01 < wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to write a macro that would simply select every > chart on the page, and NOT pictures. Thanks! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > -- Cheers Andy ------ Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Comination of 3 Combo boxes fills Text box
Hi, I have a subform 'OrderDetailsSubform' (datasheet view) on which I have 3 combo boxes - cboCategories, cboSizes, cboProducts. They are all synchronised to filter down by selecting Product Category, Product Size, then the Product itself. The subform's controlsource is a query OrderDetailsExtended. The next field is an text box txtUnitPrice. I want this to populate with the price for the product selected in the combo boxes. I am stumped however, as the ProductID (which is what would distinctly identify the product and the price) isn't actually selected in any of ...

'sticky' cell selection
When I select a cell it cannot be deselected and if i move my mouse it selects all cells from the original. I cannot select a singular cell anywhere else on the worksheet or select any other commands. Thus the name sticky. How do I unstick my selection to carry on using the worksheet. yippeekiay, sounds like you are in Extended Mode, EXT on in the right hand corner or the status bay, press the F8 key to get out of it -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always apprecia...

Stop zero checks from building in Select Checks window
See KB Article # 874437 copied below. Please fix this issue so we can build checks effectively. How to stop the check run from creating zero-value checks in Microsoft Dynamics GP View products that this article applies to. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Confidential Article (The information in this article is provided to you in accordance with your Confidentiality Agreement) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Partner Only Article Article ID : 874437 Last Review : 2006-03-06 Revision : 4.0 ...

Any send / receive email message is in Text mode Only
Hello, I have an issue that I have been unable to resolve. I have Microsoft Outlook 2002 (with Service Pack 3)and any message that I send and for the most part any message that I receive are in Text Mode Only even so I have configure Outlook 2002 to send new emails in Rich Text (I also try HTML but it doesn't make any difference). BTW, I have installed every Microsoft XP critical patch and every update for Microsoft Outlook 2002, I have even look in the knowledge base but I can resolve this issue. Finally, I would appreciate some advice as to how can I resolve this issue and I t...

Copying Selective Data Between Worksheets
I am setting up a simple accounts workbook I have one sheet with 11 column headings and as each transaction is allocated to a department I then have a worksheet for each department - I am trying to get it so that when an entry is made in the main sheet it also appears in the department sheet also I have used the following formulas but now the main sheet has passed Row 31 the data is not being picked up on the dpartment sheets In Cell B6 on the dept sheet =IF($A$6="","",IF(Summary!B6=A$6,ROW(),"")) In Cell C6 and then copied across the Columns =IF(ROWS(...

Import PO from a text file?
Is there a way to import and create POs from a text file, xml, or something like that? We have version 1.2 Thanks. Luis Do you need of a tool that create PO for you? Antonio Do you have one? I could use some information on it "Antonio Mazzeo" wrote: > Do you need of a tool that create PO for you? > > Antonio > > Yes, I have.. but with my customer rules and my text file :) antonio Does anyone have anything like this already? An add-in? I'm very interested. Ken Nelson "Antonio Mazzeo" <amazzeo@email.it> wrote in message news:uFZ...

cretae a sheet of selected rows
apologies, forgot to complete subject before hitting go!: Hi there. I have a sheet 'events' with 'A' Row being a patient ID taking the form S002, S003 etc. Each patient can have more than one row- these are hospital events, so often more than one. I have another sheet 'selected' with a selected list of patient IDs. Some of these patients have an event or events on the 'events' page, some do not. I'd like to create another sheet where all 'events' rows with a matching ID to the 'selected' list are displayed. (i.e. aselected sheet of rows fro...

Copy info from a combo box to a text box...one form/two tables
Good morning everyone, I have a form that is based on info in one table. Recently I decided that I wanted to add a combo box in the same form based on info from another table. Is there a way once the end user makes there selection from that combo box that it will copy the selection to a text box on the same form and clear out the combo box to blank. I know that most likely will have to be a VBA procedure which is not my strongest area. Thanks for your help, Ron On Apr 19, 5:57 am, Ron S <rsti...@majesticvacations.net> wrote: > Good morning everyone, > > I have a form that i...

T-SQL invalid in the select list
Hello: When I run the query below, I get the message message saying “Column 'PHAS2.dbo.POP30300.VENDORID' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause”. Any ideas? childofthe1980s select POP30300.VENDORID As [Vend #], POP30300.VENDNAME As [Vendor Name], POP30310.PONUMBER As [P/O #], POP30310.ITEMDESC As [Description], SUM(POP30300.SUBTOTAL) As [Approved Amount], PM30300.APTODCDT As [Date Paid], PM30300.APPLDAMT As [Full/Partial Amt Paid], 0 As SortOrder from PHAS2.dbo.POP30300 As POP30300 INNER JOIN PHAS2.dbo.PO...

Text and graphics/pictures
How do I get the graphics to move with the text in a publication. I know it can be done because I import from another program and the picture frames move with the text, like in Word. -- Claudia Claudia, See your previous post. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Claudia" <Claudia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDE6DEFA-D833-440A-8908-61A11EF7A57B@microsoft.com... > How do I get the graphics to move with the text in a publication. I know it > can be done because I import from ano...

HTML to Plain Text to HTML
I'm missing something with a setting in Outlook 2000. All of my proportioanl font settings are set to Arial. My default formatting is HTML. If I switch formatting to Plain Text, I get a warning, and the text is correctly coverted to Arial, as per the settings. If I then switch back to HTML, the text defaults to Times New Roman. I cannot find a setting that forces HTML text to Arial. Tools, Options, Mail format, set it to HTML, then go to Fonts & stationery, Fonts button. "mcp6453" wrote: > I'm missing something with a setting in Outlook 2000. All of my > proporti...

Read Text file, display output
Hello, I have a text file called OS.txt that looks like this: Windows 2000 Professional 5.0 (2195) Windows 2000 Server 5.0 (2195) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Professional 6.1 (7600) Windows 7 Ultimate 6.1 (7100) Windows NT 4.0 Windows NT 4.0 Windows Server 2003 5.2 (3790) Windows Server 2003 5.2 (3790) Windows Server 2003 5.2 (3790) Windows Serverr 2008 Standard 6.0 (6002) Windows Serverr 2008 Standard 6.0 (6001) Windows XP Professional 5.1 (2600) Windows XP Professional 5.1 (2600) Windows...

If select ALL then show me all values?
Hi, i have a table suptblLevel with the following values: autLevelID txtLevel 1 ALL 2 OPS 3 CON 4 LEAD Then i have a form frmEmailScheduleToClientMenu where i have an unbound combo box looking up above. I select one of the values above and then have a cmdPreview button opening qryTrainingDateForClientsWithCriteria showing the results. I basically want, if i click ALL, to select OPS, CON and LEAD (Its not an actual value in my query - How do i do that?) the field in the query would be n...

Select sheet with VB code
I have a Excel Workbook with a couple of sheets. I would like to call a sheet depending on a variable selected by the user. My current code is as follows: Dim xlw As Excel.Workbook Dim xls As Excel.Worksheet Dim xla As Excel.Application Set xlw = GetObject("G:\Stock Take\Stock Month-End.xls") Set xls = xlw.ActiveSheet Set xla = xlw.Parent [Text44] = xls.Cells(10, 2) [Text54] = xls.Cells(10, 3) [Text63] = xls.Cells(10, 4) [Text201] = xls.Cells(10, 5) [Text212] = xls.Cells(10, 7) [Text90] = xls.Cells(10, 8) The variable is created by ...