Restart automatic table numbering in Annex

Version: 2008
Processor: Intel

0
Brian_Scannell

Table numbering is done with SEQ fields.  They failed to document fields in
Word 2008: the one you want is here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051861901033.aspx

Add a "\s 1" switch to the FIRST Table number field in the Annexe to reset
the numbering to "1" at that point.

Cheers

On 16/02/10 8:42 AM, in article 59bb2ec3.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Brian_Scannell@officeformac.com" <Brian_Scannell@officeformac.com> wrote:

> I use the automatic numbering of Tables and Figures when creating captions.
> This generally works ok (although I sometimes get numbering out of sequence
> when more than one figure on a page), but I've run into a problem.
>
> I have multiple tables in the main part of the report that I want numbered in
> the normal way.  I also have multiple tables in the annex to the report (which
> is part of the same document) and I would like the numbering of these tables
> to start from 1 again (perhaps A1, A2 etc, although that isn't essential).
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions of how this can be achieved?
>
> Thanks, Brian

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.

0
John
2/18/2010 2:41:34 PM
1
Brian_Scannell
2/18/2010 3:16:45 PM
{Blush}  Did I get the switch wrong?  {Blush}  Sorry about that :-)

On 18/02/10 7:16 AM, in article 59bb2ec3.1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Brian_Scannell@officeformac.com" <Brian_Scannell@officeformac.com> wrote:

> John - many thanks for this.  I've never attempted to set switches within an
> automated field code before, so this was an interesting learning experience!
>
> I also discovered that I needed to use "\r 1" rather than "\s 1" - the link
> you provided was extremely helpful in figuring it out.
>
> Many thanks, Brian

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John
2/25/2010 3:32:33 AM
> {Blush}  Did I get the switch wrong?  {Blush}  Sorry about that :-) <br>
0
Brian_Scannell
2/25/2010 9:32:34 AM
Hi Brian:

Without your questions, I would have no point in being here.  Since this is
my favourite hobby, it is I who should be thanking YOU � keep them coming
:-)

Unless you override things, Word numbers captions with SEQ fields.  SEQ
fields number according to their ordinal position in the document.

SEQ fields don't work in text boxes (that has been fixed in Word 2010...) so
they must be part of a document paragraph. The number they show depends on
the sequential position of that paragraph in the the document.

To fix the problem, ensure that the SEQ fields either occur in sequential
paragraphs, or that both captions occur in the same paragraph, one after the
other.

To do the first, use a borderless (invisible) Table to contain both the
pictures and their captions:  two rows and two columns: one column for each
graphic and it's caption, with the graphic in one row and the caption in the
following row.

To do the second, add both captions to the SAME paragraph.

Hope this helps

On 25/02/10 4:32 AM, in article 59bb2ec3.3@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,
"Brian_Scannell@officeformac.com" <Brian_Scannell@officeformac.com> wrote:

>> {Blush}  Did I get the switch wrong?  {Blush}  Sorry about that :-)
>>
> Absolutely no problem - without your help I'd never have figured it out and I
> learnt something along the way, so sincere thank you.
>
> As an aside, I sometimes have a problem when there are two figures on a page,
> each with captions and automated numbering.  The figure on the lower half of
> the page frequently wants to be "figure 1" and the one at the top of the page
> "figure 2".
>
> It doesn't seem to matter which order I add the figures to the page, I keep
> seeing the same problem.  With the use of the number resetting I can now force
> it to be correct, but it means manually making sure I have the numbering
> correct.
>
> Do you know how Word tracks the order in which figures or tables are numbered?
> I was guessing it had something to do with where the "anchor" was, but I can't
> seem to control that.
>
> Apologies for throwing another question at you!
>
> Thanks, Brian

matters unless you intend to pay!

 --

John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word); Consultant Technical Writer,
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd, Sydney, Australia.
Ph: +61 (0)4 1209 1410; mailto:john@mcghie.name

0
John

Issues with Word Wrapping in cells after a number of characters
I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Jig. What is the number of characters? Look in help for specifications, excel can only display about 1024 characters in a cell Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jig Bhakta" wrote: > I am using Excel 2000. I have word wrapping turned on in Excel for a cell > and after reaching a certain amount of characters, word wrapping stops > working. Does anyone know of a fix for this? >...

Pivot Table Question #2
Hi Everyone, I am working with a Pivot Table created with Excel 2000. I have two questions: a)How do you turn off the dropdown arrow in the data fields when they are NOT a page field? b)How can I use a numeric field without any calculation at all.? I want to show it as it is in the worksheet list in which the pivot table is based. Thanks to all for your kind help Gustavo ...

Automatically starting with a switch
How can i get a switchboard to automatically show at the start of the database? I had one when I was using the database in Access 2000 and converted to 2007 but now it doesn't happen. I start the database from a shortcut on the desktop. -- Goldylox Hi Chuck, Switchboard forms typically include VBA code. It sounds to me like you might be dealing with a trust center issue in Access 2007. Once your database is open in 2007, can you open your switchboard manually and does it work as expected? Dealing with the Trust Center http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/trust_center.html ...

Automatic shift schedule
I guess this must a challenging one... Depending on the # of resources (as parameter), I need to make a weekl schedule (all 7 days). Say I have 8 resources, then I can make a 24x7 shift schedule with hours in each shift. But if I have just 6 resources, I can support onl limited time... Having the baseline of minimum 8 hours per shift, if I give the # o resources, I need to get a weekly schedule the best possible way. Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance -- ramsdes ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ramsdesk's Profile: ht...

Outlook Version reference table
I'm building an automated process to check Outlook versions across multiple systems during an IS audit. When checking the version of the Outlook.exe file, I get the dotted version number. Does MS or any site maintain a reference table where dotted version numbers are matched up with the "common" name (Outlook 2000 SP1, etc)? Is there a reference chart for other MS applications as well? jb ...

Viewing Access 2007 tables side by side
In Access 2007 I can't find a way to view two tables side by side without opening Access twice. Can anyone help? Make a form and two sub forms from each of the tables. "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46962A74-107B-4BE4-B9A5-3E08C71B8384@microsoft.com... > In Access 2007 I can't find a way to view two tables side by side without > opening Access twice. Can anyone help? ...

Count the number of orders in a given month
Hi, First, I want to thank anyone who is able to help me in advance! I a working in Office XP (Excel 2002)... latest updates... I have an excel data sheet where I tally sales... I am trying to coun the number of orders in a given month. Each order is on a separate ro and one column is the date it was placed... the date format i 01-01-2003... I need to count the number of orders placed in 01-2003 02-2003 03-2003 etc... from 2002 to 2004... I hope this is detailed enough to give an answer It is set up something like this: Date Order # Amount 1/17/2003 6430 1/29/2003 6431 2/1/2003 643...

MTA issues, but fixed with restart of service?
In my on going trials and tribulations of exchange server mailbox migration, I ran into an issue today that after moving a small sample of users over to the new server (from 55 to 03), mail failed to be sent / received from them (both internall and out). I checked the event log and noticed a lot of Event IDs 270s and 290s and 2025s with the MTA service. I read a few Q articles about it and some suggested that it was due to AV running, other suggestion was to restart the MTA service. I disabled the AV, restarted the MTA and fired an external message to myself @ the office. It arrived...

Save operation on table 'MOP_item_MSTR' failed accessing SQL data
I am getting this message randomly, when clicking the Schedule MO button on Manufacturing Order entry window. Dynamics GP, version 10 after the above message, I get: A save operation on table 'MOP_item_MSTR' has reached the end of the table. any suggestions? I cant find anything on these in knowledgebase. thanks! -- Doug ...

Numbers stored as text
Our accounting system exports to excel, problem is it sends numbers over as text. I can convert them easily to numbers, but then the next problem, it drops all of my preceeding zeros. Example: our part number is 000625 convert it to from text and it comes out 625. Any ideas? Hi 000625 and 625 is the same number. What do you need the leading zeroes for? Or, why do you need it to be a number? Best wishes Harald "prescottnana" <prescottnana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A118DFA-AE3C-456A-B95E-439F06B3F25B@microsoft.com... > Our accoun...

copy feature automatic allocation
Originated by: CBIZ Technologies - Cupertino CA Authorized number: 4082530225 Regarding Customer: Cornisica Inc ------------------ The Copy Feature in the Sales Transaction Entry window should also automatically allocate quantities instead of just merely copying line items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

I need to remove asterisks from a column of numbers
help! Hi! Try this: Select the range in question. Goto Edit>Replace Find what: ~* Replace with: nothing, leave this blank Replace all Biff "Kevin Mack" <Kevin Mack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65884C68-3AE5-4A44-A221-3EAF204AF202@microsoft.com... > help! ...

Changing pop server automatically in VBScript
Hi, I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. How can I do ? Thank you for your help. Hi there If I was going to do this I'd start with customising a PRF file - see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011403051033.aspx. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "gcharhon@sentinelbox.com" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to do a programm in VBScript that change automatically the name > of all the pop servers of all account in Microsoft Outlook 2003. > > H...

linking 2 images tables to one master
Hello I am trying to link 2 image tables into one master. I had to break up my master image table, apparently I exceeded the 2 gig limit. Now, I have 2 image tables 1 gig a piece. the table that I want to link to has 500 records. Unique ID 1-500 , I broke my image tables into 1-250 and 251-500 as there Unique ID. I can't seem to link both tables to the master. In attempting to create a relationship, I either get the "1-250 table" linked or the other, but not both. can anyone help? thank you! thank you! You can relate your master table to two separate image table...

Pivot table or Macro?
Hi! I was asked to manage space in many warehouses. I have was wondering if I was better of using Pivot tables or Excel Macros. Someone must of gone through the same situation. I have to say that I am more familiar with coding macro programs but I am open about learning more on Pivot table! (or both). Any suggestions regarding this matter? Thanks=92 ahead. Hi, You really need to explain what "manage space" entails. This just really isn't enough info to supply a meaningful answer. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Bobby" wro...

Query joining two tables with different dates
I'm sure there is a simple solution to this, but being fairly new to Access I would appreciate some assistance... I have a query that joins two tables. One table has call details for each day that an agent works. The other table has details for each call that is graded for each agent. However, calls can be graded on days that the agent does not work. When joining the tables, the query will only display calls graded on dates that the agent works. This is what I would like to do to correct this: If there was a call graded on a day that the agent did not work, this data be rolled...

Auto generating unique number
Hi We would like to customize CRM so that when an opportunity is created, a unique number is generated and this unique number appears throughout the sales process. This number has to be auto generated by CRM so that a user does not have to enter it manually. The number should follow automatically from the previous number. Can this be achieved by creating a workflow rule using a call assembly? Grateful for any assistance. Thanks ...

How do I make SQL2K to automatically shrink transaction log file?
MSCRM SQL Database Transaction log file size is growing rapidly. I did enable "Auto Shrink" and set log file limitation to 300MB (for example). But it does not shrink when reaching the 300MB limitation of file size. And, now it does allow me to commit more records into SQL database because the transaction log file has reached the limitation (300MB). Should I simply delete Transactional Log Physical file? Please help and appreciate lots. Jonathan. >-----Original Message----- >MSCRM SQL Database Transaction log file size is growing >rapidly. I did enable "Auto...

Pivot table #40
I have a table that has four regions and total sales amount for each reason by week. my pivot table lists all those and totals it per region per month. i want to add in the pivot table a percentage of the regions sales for that one week over the total sales for all four regions. is there a way i can add that to the table? i.e. the table is currently like this: Week 1 East 500 Midwest 487 South 529 West 492 Total 2008 i want to add the percentages like this: Week 1 East 500 24.9% Midwest 487 24.3% South 529 26.3% West...

Workflow not Automatic
Hello, I wanted to say that this is a really great forum on Microsoft CRM. I am am newbie to Mircosoft CRM. I am i nthe process of creating a workflow that Cchanges the Lead status to 'Qualified' and Assigns it to a different user, when the Rating is set to 'Hot'. I logged into CRM server as the user and created the Workflow using an If-Action condition. After saving it, I activated it. Then I logged into the client using the same User that I used in creating the workflow and created and Saved the new lead. The Rating at this time was 'Warm. Then I set the Rating t...

Create a lookup table
I have a list of 1,000+ names and addressess in one spreadsheet. Each name has five or six numeric codes associated with it, all in a single cell separated by /. In a separate sheet I have a list of the codes with each one referring to a text field next to it containg a job title. I want to search the list of names to look-up the code and then put the correct job title into a new column. Some names might have more than one code. Hi and what should happen for those that have more than one code. How do you want the ooutput displayed (maybe you can also post some example rows of data - pl...

Double border on table cell
Hi! I do not see a double border table cell option in PowerPoint 2007. Am I missing something or do I need to set something up in VBA? ...

Sort subform by value in related table
Hello. I have a table Schedule, with columns RoomID, TimeSlotID, and SessionID. I made a form with a list box for selecting RoomID, and a subform showing TimeSlotID and SessionID. So far so good. But the ordering of the records in the subform is not what I want. I found out how to enable OrderBy for the subform, but I do not want to sort by TimeSlotID. I have another table, TimeSlots, with columns ID and SortingOrder. TimeSlots.ID and Schedule.TimeSlotID are related. I want to sort by TimeSlots.SortingOrder. But I can't figure out how. The OrderBy property seems to require an e...

Category being automatically assigned
I'm currently using Money Deluxe 2007 and am having an issue with Payee/Category. Every transaction that I use my debit card for is saying "POS Debit-Visa..." and for each of those transactions, the category is being assigned as "Credit Card Payments/Transfers." I've read through various posts and the user guide but nothing seems to be fixing this problem. Any tips are much appreciated, I'm growing extremely frustrated! "nwgirl99" <nwgirl99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAC90535-D6F8-43F6-80BA-A9D1EBC3D674@microsoft....

Maximum number of pages?
Having used Word in an effort to create a products catalogue, I got bitterly dissapointed as the document crashed with no possibility to repair it after about 25 pages consisting of pictures and text. Because I'm now a little nervous about getting started with the project in Publisher, my question is, how many pages in an average products catalogue, where nearly every page contains productpictures and textblocks, does Publisher support without crashing? Publisher is supposed to be the good desktop program for this, or? Could a catalogue with say, maybe 100 to 120 pages be a problem...